Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
Maridw
DisneyMom to Disneylover0105
Love to Dance
Tinkerbell Fan

After Thanksgiving Trip 11/27 to 12/4

Well we had a overall good trip with a couple magical moments. We stayed at the Celebration World Resort just off of 192. Loved our villa. We had a 1-bedroom villa on the third floor and it had a great jacuzzi tub, nice screened in balcony and overall nice size.

Unfortunately we got there really, really late. We ended up sleeping in the next day and almost missed getting to ride Soarin at Epcot. When we got there it was an 80 minute standby wait. We decided to pass and try and come back another day. As we were walking away, a woman came up and offered her FP's. She was with, (I'm guessing) her grandson and said her husband and son were already on. She had been looking for just two people to give the FP's too. We were thrilled. (1 magical moment) (In case this person is a Dis'er - Thank you again for the FP's, it made our day!)

That evening we had plans for a carriage ride in Ft. Wilderness at 8pm. We got to the parking lot by 7:20 and just missed two buses since we did not know which bus to take to Pioneer Hall. Waited over 30 minutes for another bus to come. Saw lots of park buses come and go, but no campground buses. Finally at 8pm two buses came. The one we got on had to load a wheelchair and then unload it before we got to Pioneer Hall. Needless to say we were late for our ride. We talked to the driver and found out that that night was the very last night for the carriage ride in Ft. Wilderness. She did have an opening at 9:30 so we decided we would take that. She told us to stay close by because if her 8:30 didn't show she could take us then. Sure enough the 8:30 cancelled. She took us on a great ride and we saw so many lights in the campgrounds. We really enjoyed it and would do it again. (2nd Magical Moment)

We did Hollywood Studios the next day and had a short wait for TOT and RNRC. Missed getting FP's for TSM. We really just took our time in the parks and didn't rush getting anywhere.

On Tuesday we went to MVMCP and I got to meet Tinkerbell, Iridessa & Terrance. My DH was really patient and waited in line with me. He even took some video without me asking. Came out of a store in time to see the Holiday Wishes fireworks. (3rd Magical Moment)

On Thursday we went back to HS and got on to TSM. That evening we went back to see the Osbourne Spectacle of Lights. We really miss them being on Residential Street. They were so much better there.

Finally we headed over to the Contemporary for our Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage. Patch & Patch were funny. We had our snacks, and I got my picture with Capt Hook & Mr. Smee. I had on a Tinkerbell t-shirt and Capt Hook turned his back on me for the picture. Later, while waiting to go to the boats, I was standing near Mr. Smee and he offered me his arm, so we stood arm in arm near Patch & Patch. Capt Hook looked at us, pointed to me to come to his side and be in his boat. I shook my head and pointed at Mr. Smee indicating that I was on his boat. The fireworks voyage is geared toward kids, but was really great for viewing the fireworks.

All in all a great trip.
DL yearly 1969-78, Dec 99, Jul 04, Sept 06, Apr 07 FW 1972 SoG Nov 95, Jun 97, Jul 99, Nov 01 AS Sports Resort - Nov 2000; Apr & Nov 02; Mar & May 03; May & Oct 04, Apr 06 Coronado Springs Resort - Nov 03 Pop Century Mar/Apr, May, & Nov 05, Jan 06, Dec 11, Dec 12 Celebration World Resort Nov/Dec 09

It's A Girl - Natalie Grace! 4 years old now! Our dancing baby!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: