Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-05-2009, 04:54 AM   #121
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran
 
OhioDisneyLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bay Village, Ohio
Posts: 3,648

Yay for MNSSHP dates!

Now I am crossing my fingers that the AP discount is good on the day we want to go.

MNSSHP is my FAVORITE!
__________________


Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
OhioDisneyLover is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 07:42 AM   #122
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love
 
KathyRN137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Yay for MNSSHP dates!

Now I am crossing my fingers that the AP discount is good on the day we want to go.

*Check the link I posted; I think the info is there!


Kathy

Last edited by KathyRN137; 03-05-2009 at 08:20 AM.
KathyRN137 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-05-2009, 08:13 AM   #123
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy
 
All7OfUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Salem, OR; formerly from Crapistan- Really!!
Posts: 13,089

Great that the dates are up! Sounds like you are one step closer to making your plans gel out!

I hope the dates will be similar in 2010! I have decided to go for sure IF they have a date during my stay next year just after Labor Day.

Looking forward to hearing all about where you will get to call home for your upcoming trip!
__________________

All7OfUs is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 08:38 AM   #124
maroo
DIS Veteran
 
maroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 8,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by preschoolmom View Post
Well I know you! I read your whole trip report for Lauren

13K, that is impressive. It doesn't matter how long I stick with running on a treadmill - I don't think I'll ever manage even a 5K
cool!!!! I do know you!! Hello!!!

My friend...if I can do it, anyone can do it. Trust me.

I am walking the 13K...which is 8.1 miles. I might end up jogging on the downhill pieces...but mostly speed walking!

I have already lost 17 pounds training for it!

We will have to schedule a DISmeet. Do you have a pre-trippie going? I am waiting till I finish my current TR and we get info from Disney about accomadations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Preschoolmom & Maroo: Aww, Poops!

I can't believe we're going to just miss each other!

Kathy
I know!!! That was the first thing I noticed about the trip!!!
maroo is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 09:26 AM   #125
eyeheartgoofy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,025

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
MNSSHP Dates have been announced!

(Well, we already knew we want to be there Halloween Night, but reading about the party is so much fun!)

Link to the party info: http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/halloween.htm


Kathy
Yay! I went to one MNSSHP on a quick trip with a college friend a couple years back and I can't wait until my kids are old enough to stay up late enough to enjoy one of these ... the parade was so cool!
eyeheartgoofy is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 10:19 AM   #126
Disneymom3304
Planning our next Disney Vacation...
 
Disneymom3304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mass
Posts: 122

My first sub! What a great pre-trip report! You have a great talent for writing, you pulled me right in! Thank you for sharing your journey. I cannot wait to read more! Keep up the great work. My family and I went to the MNSSHP last year and it was amazing! My DD5 still talks about it. You are going to love it!
Disneymom3304 is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #127
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love
 
KathyRN137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,886

Hi!

All7OfUs: I'm trying very hard to calm it down a bit when it comes to the obsessive trip planning, although we shall see how long that lasts the closer it gets to October!

Maroo: Congrats and good luck with the training!

OhioDisneyLover:
Well, are you getting your discount??

eyeheartgoofy: I don't even care about "rides" during the parties; the extra stuff is so awesome!

Disneymom3304: Welcome to the TR Boards! Prepare to become addicted!


Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #128
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran
 
kaysmommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 6,826

hello,
I'm subscribing, since I'm only on page 3 and have to go back and read. I love what you have so far though and have enjoyed reading about your family. We are from NJ too but live in Knoxville TN for now. i can't wait to find out what happened with AR. I'm hoping she didn't want to go on the trip, so that nobody had to feel guilty.
__________________
Nichole
kaysmommie is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #129
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love
 
KathyRN137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,886

Arrow A Halloween Adventure in Autism PTR

Connect Four?


As you all know, I'm waiting to finalize our arrival and departure dates based upon availability of one-bedroom villas at any of my top three DVC resorts. It's a bit backwards, really. Most people wait until they score a great airfare and then call to book their room! But, such is life in the DVC world...


Airfares have gone down a bit since last year, but I still don't think they are all that great out of Newark or LaGuardia. Last April, they were so bad that we down for the first time. I have to admit, it wasn't as horrible as I had imagined, but I still hate to waste all that precious time on the road when we could be in Disney! So, I really would prefer to fly.


(More on that road trip in my next report... I will catch up, someday!)


We've always paid extra $$ because we chose non-stop flights. The reasons for this were many: Billy did not travel well when he was younger and we wanted to limit the time that he had to remain seated....we have always been afraid that our luggage would get lost on a connecting flight....and, we just flat-out wanted to get to Disney ASAP!


But things have changed over the years. Billy is older now and does much better on the plane, thanks in part to our purchase of a portable DVD player with earphones and the fact that he will now chew gum to reduce the pressure in his ears. When he was little, he would just swallow it!


I've been casually checking the airfares for October (by casually, I mean every 3 to 4 days) and so far, I am not impressed. Hey, if the economy is so bad and everyone is postponing their vacations, then how come the airfares are still way up there?? They are especially high, naturally, if you want to travel during the most desirable times.


I have learned through experience that my children not do well when I throw them off their sleep patterns too much. So, what good is saving $30 a ticket by taking a 6am flight if it will throw everyone off for the rest of the day and make them cranky that night and the next morning as well?


I also like to utilize our last day by leaving in the early evening. So, even though we have checked out we can still spend the better part of the day doing something fun. And so, I choose not to depart Orlando on an early am flight, which is of course, a bit cheaper. A bit. A teeny-tiny bit.


So, lately I've been experimenting by checking on the connecting as well as the non-stop flights, thinking this could save us some $$. (What's the harm in looking, right?)


After doing some research, I've come up with some connecting flights that do not have too long of a stopover...the longest connection would be an hour and a half on the return flight, but we could use it to have a late supper. Yes, we would arrive home at almost midnight, but who cares? We will be coming home on either a Friday or a Saturday, so there won't be any school to get up for the next day.


Bottom line is: we can save $150 per person if we take the connecting flights! $150 X 4 = $600! That's a whole lotta dinero!


But, should I risk it?

Will Billy get really antsy with the longer stop over?

Will our luggage get put on another plane?

Should we play connect four?


Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 05:17 PM   #130
NJ2Boardwalk


DIS Veteran
 
NJ2Boardwalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sparta, NJ
Posts: 1,116

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Connect Four?


As you all know, I'm waiting to finalize our arrival and departure dates based upon availability of one-bedroom villas at any of my top three DVC resorts. It's a bit backwards, really. Most people wait until they score a great airfare and then call to book their room! But, such is life in the DVC world...


Airfares have gone down a bit since last year, but I still don't think they are all that great out of Newark or LaGuardia. Last April, they were so bad that we down for the first time. I have to admit, it wasn't as horrible as I had imagined, but I still hate to waste all that precious time on the road when we could be in Disney! So, I really would prefer to fly.


(More on that road trip in my next report... I will catch up, someday!)


We've always paid extra $$ because we chose non-stop flights. The reasons for this were many: Billy did not travel well when he was younger and we wanted to limit the time that he had to remain seated....we have always been afraid that our luggage would get lost on a connecting flight....and, we just flat-out wanted to get to Disney ASAP!


But things have changed over the years. Billy is older now and does much better on the plane, thanks in part to our purchase of a portable DVD player with earphones and the fact that he will now chew gum to reduce the pressure in his ears. When he was little, he would just swallow it!


I've been casually checking the airfares for October (by casually, I mean every 3 to 4 days) and so far, I am not impressed. Hey, if the economy is so bad and everyone is postponing their vacations, then how come the airfares are still way up there?? They are especially high, naturally, if you want to travel during the most desirable times.


I have learned through experience that my children not do well when I throw them off their sleep patterns too much. So, what good is saving $30 a ticket by taking a 6am flight if it will throw everyone off for the rest of the day and make them cranky that night and the next morning as well?


I also like to utilize our last day by leaving in the early evening. So, even though we have checked out we can still spend the better part of the day doing something fun. And so, I choose not to depart Orlando on an early am flight, which is of course, a bit cheaper. A bit. A teeny-tiny bit.


So, lately I've been experimenting by checking on the connecting as well as the non-stop flights, thinking this could save us some $$. (What's the harm in looking, right?)


After doing some research, I've come up with some connecting flights that do not have too long of a stopover...the longest connection would be an hour and a half on the return flight, but we could use it to have a late supper. Yes, we would arrive home at almost midnight, but who cares? We will be coming home on either a Friday or a Saturday, so there won't be any school to get up for the next day.


Bottom line is: we can save $150 per person if we take the connecting flights! $150 X 4 = $600! That's a whole lotta dinero!


But, should I risk it?

Will Billy get really antsy with the longer stop over?

Will our luggage get put on another plane?

Should we play connect four?


Kathy
We are in the same boat as we are traveling the same dates as you from Newark. I refuse to fly to LaGuardia, because of bad past experiences, even though it is a tad cheaper to fly out of there. But, as you stated the flight prices right now are horrendous out of Newark!!! Have you looked at flying out of JFK? It was around $200 cheaper than Newark (flying non-stop that is). We are still debating what to do. Connecting flights are a bit scary with the luggage thing, and heck I want to be in Disney but who knows, maybe it could be worth it to save money.
__________________
Wilderness Lodge 10/31-11/9/2001~Boardwalk 9/8-9/17/2004~Coronado Springs 7/25-7/31/2005~Boardwalk Villas 10/7-10/14/2005~Swan 7/4/2006 & Grand Floridian, 7/5-7/12/2006~Boardwalk Villas 8/21-8/29/2007~Contemporary MK VIEW 7/31-8/7/2008~7/26-8/1/2009 Polynesian Club Level &-8/1-8/8/2009 Beach Club~Saratoga 2bd Villa 11/4-11/8/09~Grand Floridian 7/16-7/24/10~Old Key West Studio 11/2-11/6/10~Saratoga Springs 3 Bd Villa 12/8-12/11/10~Grand Floridian 6/17-6/25/2011~



NJ2Boardwalk is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 05:36 PM   #131
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love
 
KathyRN137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,886

Boarwalk2NJ:

I had not thought of JFK...but it seems so far. The car service out to Queens would be extra $$ to consider....

But, I will look into it!

Kathy

Sorry, NJ2Boarwalk, just noticed I "flipped" your user name. Now I can't correct it!

Last edited by KathyRN137; 03-05-2009 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Doh!!
KathyRN137 is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 05:47 PM   #132
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way
 
MRYPPNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 17 Cherry Tree Lane
Posts: 4,900

You could always do half and half.....direct flight down and the connecting flights back home.

I write the next thing not knowing exactly where you live so take it with a grain of salt.....are there any smaller airports within a couple hours of you? I just had friends flight out of RI instead of NH because it was so much cheaper, even with the gas, and hotel room for the night.

We're spoiled with having a smallish airport 45 minutes from our house that has direct flights to Orlando on Southwest.
__________________
Heidi ~~~~

MRYPPNS is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 06:11 PM   #133
NJ2Boardwalk


DIS Veteran
 
NJ2Boardwalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sparta, NJ
Posts: 1,116

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I had not thought of JFK...but it seems so far. The car service out to Queens would be extra $$ to consider....

But, I will look into it!

Kathy

Sorry, NJ2Boarwalk, just noticed I "flipped" your user name. Now I can't correct it!
That is our reason why we are hesitant on JFK. The car service is extra, but we thought around $200 dollar savings per person x 4 people is $800 and that is a lot more than the cost of the extra car ride to JFK. It is a hard choice though like you said, we are used to Newark and love Newark, but the prices are a little out of control. I guess because it is Teachers Convention, they are trying to get the most money they can figuring a lot of people will be traveling.
__________________
Wilderness Lodge 10/31-11/9/2001~Boardwalk 9/8-9/17/2004~Coronado Springs 7/25-7/31/2005~Boardwalk Villas 10/7-10/14/2005~Swan 7/4/2006 & Grand Floridian, 7/5-7/12/2006~Boardwalk Villas 8/21-8/29/2007~Contemporary MK VIEW 7/31-8/7/2008~7/26-8/1/2009 Polynesian Club Level &-8/1-8/8/2009 Beach Club~Saratoga 2bd Villa 11/4-11/8/09~Grand Floridian 7/16-7/24/10~Old Key West Studio 11/2-11/6/10~Saratoga Springs 3 Bd Villa 12/8-12/11/10~Grand Floridian 6/17-6/25/2011~



NJ2Boardwalk is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 07:05 PM   #134
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love
 
KathyRN137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,886

Yikes!

You're right, we Jerseans are getting ripped off because of Teacher's Convention! My airfare out of JFK is half of what it would be out of Newark!

Unbelievable!

We may have to take the kids out of school a little early if we leave Friday, but hey! That's a lot of $$ to save!!!

Thanks!

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #135
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love
 
KathyRN137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
.....are there any smaller airports within a couple hours of you? I just had friends flight out of RI instead of NH because it was so much cheaper, even with the gas, and hotel room for the night.
Thanks, Heidi! Only "smaller" airport is all the way down in Atlantic City... a two hour drive. We'll probably just skip over to Queens for the lower fare!!

Hope you're feeling well and not waddling too much yet!!


Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: