Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2009, 11:49 AM   #751
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Hopefully it works out that they will keep each other entertained in that sort of teeage girl way, and it will be more fun for everyone. Have you made any progress on how much time you're going to let them be on their own?? What did you and Ed decide on that one??

Still hemming and hawing on that one... I can see letting them go on one ride together and then meeting up... then I change my mind and think, "no, we really should have at least one adult go with them...."

We'll most likely wind up playing it by ear!

Kathy
Old 05-14-2009, 11:51 AM   #752
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
This thread is completely cracking me up!

Go ahead... laugh it up!!!

Eventually you'll turn into your mother, too!!

Kathy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #753
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Go ahead... laugh it up!!!

Eventually you'll turn into your mother, too!!

Kathy
Not a chance! Single and only have a dog... and she has not shown many teenage qualities yet! Although she can be quite the diva!

Of course...if you guys run across a special guy....... Then you can tease me YEARS from now! When you are all done paying for college.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #754
Goofster57
What if the “Hokey Pokey” really is what it’s all about?

Location: On the other side of that invisible line that I just can’t help crossing some times

So big deal Kathy you have a teenager......

Do I need to bring the Wedding photos out again???????

Old 05-14-2009, 05:41 PM   #755
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

I love your picture of the tickets. We received two Donald Duck tickets, one Goofy and one Pluto. We have two children's tickets and two adult tickets. I have no idea whose are whose. Oh wait if I look under the cards it says what type it is. I have to choose from Donald or Pluto. The kids will have to fight over Goofy and Donald.
Quote:
Well....

1) All the kids are "adults" according to Disney!

2) Halloween is THE PREMIER night, so its the most expensive!

3) We pay full price... NO discounts available for DVC members or AP holders on 10/31!

I'm not complaining (much) that they decided (several days after tickets went on sale) to add that party on 11/1.... it did get me an extra night at Disney, after all.

But, I am a little bummed that now we're locked into the MOST expensive, MOST crowded party of the season and our tickets are non-transferable.

Oh well, I'm looking on the bright side. If we happen to get rained out on 10/31, its not the last party anymore, so we could get rainchecks for the next night if needed.

Kathy
for rainchecks but I hope it doesn't rain that day.
Quote:
Well, here I sit at the computer again, enjoying my favorite hobby!!
What a great way to cap off a lovely Mother's Day!

Of course, I received my big present last week when we took a trip into the city to see The Little Mermaid, but today was fun, too. After a week of steady rain, the sun finally came out and we had a gorgeous day!

After Mass we went out to breakfast at a nearby Pancake House and I had a yummy blueberry waffle! Since it wasn't Disney, I would've felt silly taking a pic, so I'm afraid you'll just have to take my word for it... it was delish!

The children gave me some lovely flowers... tulips and irises from a florist (thanks, Daddy) and some little wildflowers that Tricia found growing in the back yard that smelled heavenly! Billy made a ceramic sculpture in school and, fortunately, I could tell exactly what it was... a dish of ice cream!

"Look, Mom!" Tricia laughed. "A Hidden Mickey!!"

Kathy
I love the Ice Cream Sculpture! It looks good enough to eat. Great Job Billy.

We just came home from our 11th trip, a week at Pop Century!
Old 05-14-2009, 07:29 PM   #756
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofster57 View Post
So big deal Kathy you have a teenager......

Do I need to bring the Wedding photos out again???????

I know, I know!

But you've had a chance to get used to it! It's still brand-new to me!

Kathy
Old 05-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #757
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher View Post
I love your picture of the tickets. We received two Donald Duck tickets, one Goofy and one Pluto.

We got five different characters because all five are adult tickets. I wonder how many characters they have in all??

At least these are hard plastic. The ones from the Pirate & Princess Party were paper (like APs.)

I think its funny that Tricia wants the Minnie... after all, they're tickets to the same party!! We definitely have to do a meet...

Kathy
Old 05-14-2009, 08:36 PM   #758
Goofster57
What if the “Hokey Pokey” really is what it’s all about?

Location: On the other side of that invisible line that I just can’t help crossing some times

Quote:
I know, I know!

But you've had a chance to get used to it! It's still brand-new to me!

Kathy
Okay, I guess I can cut you some slack this time.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:02 PM   #759
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

I am on page 35 now, getting caught up. AKV-that should be a great trip. We visited AKL in December and all agreed we would love to try it.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #760
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
You have trained your children VERY well for one to make a Hidden Mickey and the other to spot it. I bet y ou are so proud!

Really, what a very lovely Mother's Day, flowers and a handmade gift-

Quote:
I'm the mother of a teenager!!!
I can't even fathom.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 05-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #761
KathyRN137

Goofster57: I am very relieved you are giving me a break! You must be softening up in your "old age."

MinnieNurse page 35? How many pages is this, anyway? Oh Wow! 51 pages! I can't believe it... we've got such a long, long way to go!

brookelizabeth: I know you've heard this before, but the time really does fly! I was looking at your pictues of Henry and thinking how it seems like only yesterday that Billy was that age!!

Kathy
Old 05-15-2009, 10:11 AM   #762
KathyRN137

Feeling Blue...

I am feeling rather wistful today. I usually have Fridays off and the kids are both at school. Ed worked last night, so he's sleeping. I should be doing housework, but I just don't have the motivation.

It seems such a very long time until our Halloween trip! Its fun writing up my report from our trip last April, but its making me a bit homesick for Walt Disney World because I keep looking at all the pictures and remembering all the fun we had. Then I realize that its been a whole year since we've been and we still have a very long 5 1/2 months until we go again.

Finances may have something to do with my blue mood. There won't be any $$ to do any getaways this summer, so I don't have anything special to look forward to. Oh, I know I'll be happy about it come October, but it just makes for a long, dull summer ahead. Blech! Park hours and ADRs aren't until August, so I'm in that dreaded planning limbo stage.

That's why I enjoy the TR boards so much... it gives me a chance to go to WDW vicariouslly through others who love it as much as I do!!

Thanks for reading,

Kathy

Last edited by KathyRN137; 05-15-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #763
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

just a quick hug for you.

It may seem like your trip is a long way off but you'll be surprised how quickly the time will go. I'm always torn wanting time to slow down so I can enjoy the kids at these ages but then again I'm usually wanting time to fly for end of school, vaca, etc.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #764
maroo
DIS Veteran

Aw!! That really stinks! Hugs to you!

Do you guys have any cool water parks in your area? We just discovered that we have one only 45 min from Lauren's that has a fairly cheap season pass. So we plan to get season passes this year and go several times...which will be a mini vacation.

I don't know why we have not thought of it before...I think we thought the season passes would be so expensive? But they weren't bad!
Old 05-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #765
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

I look at it like this. We are just banking up all our small trips into one big super duper Disney trip. We are kind of in the same shoes, once we decided to go back to Disney this year we had to put everything else on hold.

But it will pay off in the end, and you-you get AKV and MNSSHP!! Lucky girl!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: