Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #1501
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Glad I'm not the only one fretting about the online ADR system! I'm going to keep paying attention on here about the bugs in the system but I think I might just go the old fashioned route and call. Seems easier to me than dealing with the site going down!
Old 07-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #1502
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
... Apparently, the President hasn't either - "Are these wax" he said in the first clip! LOL! "Oh, robots!" I just found that kinda funny!
Ed and I caught that too! Get that man to WDW!
As Sam Eagle would say, "It's the American thing to do!!"

Kathy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #1503
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Glad I'm not the only one fretting about the online ADR system! I'm going to keep paying attention on here about the bugs in the system but I think I might just go the old fashioned route and call. Seems easier to me than dealing with the site going down!

One "bug" in the system that they claim to have fixed is the one where the system did not recognize DVC resort reservation confirmation numbers! How could they forget us DVC members??

Seriously, I may just go online and have the phone on speaker at the same time!!

Kathy
Old 07-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #1504
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
I hope Kathy doesn't mind me popping in, but when I worked in special ed, we used boardmaker.
Amy also used social stories, if you click on the PTR, you can see some cards she made. (Frankly, I think a lot of people at WDW could use them: Just because I cannot walk up to Le Cellier, does not mean my trip is ruined. I can calm down by grabbing a beer at the UK)
Love it!!

Of course I don't mind you "popping in!" That's what these boards are all about... sharing information and tips!!

I'll check out the boardmaker link myself...

Oh and thanks for the Oct. hours tip! I'm good with October... We are arriving so very late on Oct 30th that we'll just be checking in to Kidani and falling into bed! Then on the 31st we plan to explore/relax at the resort and go to MK for MNSSHP.

Now, all I need is November hours...

Kathy

Last edited by KathyRN137; 07-08-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #1505
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Bill loves, loves, loves 'Ohana . He says as long as no one minds that I cut up his food etc, he says it would be great to have dinner with your family!

As for co-ordinating the schedules, We arrive on Nov. 4th and are doing Planet Hollywood that night, other than that, you tell me what day you want 'Ohana and we follow you there .

** Confession time, yes I am an OTP (obsessive trip planner) but I normally don't even look at the crowd calendars . Bill and I usually do Epcot the first full day because we sleep in a bit the first morning to get his body back to normal after the travel day. We base our park days on Spectromagic and now since it isn't every night Fantasmic.

We are flexible, whenever you want to meet, we will be there .

Yay!!

I won't mind you cutting Bill's food if you won't mind me repeatedly prompting Billy to slow down and not overstuff his mouth!!

I think we'll be just fine!!

Kathy
Old 07-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #1506
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Look at you, Kathy!! 7 pounds already!! You're going to make, and maybe even more!! Hoooray!!!

I am so glad you guys are going to get to meet! and at O'Hana's no less- that is my dream place! Def. at the top of my list of "want to try it" s.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:37 PM   #1507
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Look at you, Kathy!! 7 pounds already!! You're going to make, and maybe even more!! Hoooray!!!
Thanks Liesa! I'd love to drop a couple of dress sizes before our trip!!

And the food at 'Ohana is very healthy... lots of grilled meats (just have to lay off the dipping sauces...and the potatoes!)

I'll give them up gladly for a bit of that bread pudding, though!! Yum!

Kathy
Old 07-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #1508
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the social story explanation, Kathy.

Yea you on the weight loss! I need to put some hustle in my bustle.

Good luck with the ADRs. I don't think any of those resteraunts should be a problem to get ressies at. For pre-park opening breakfast, we tried Crystal Palace this year for the first time and it. The character interactions were great the food was good. I've heard good things about Tusker House though; the juice sounds scrumptious. For us, the decision was based on which early park entry we'd gain the most benefit from. For us, MK early entry was the most advantageous.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:26 PM   #1509
ILuvWishes!
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
One "bug" in the system that they claim to have fixed is the one where the system did not recognize DVC resort reservation confirmation numbers! How could they forget us DVC members??
Hey Kathy,

I have read several of your TRs and PTRs and really enjoying them!!

I am also a DVC member. Just for ha-ha's, I booked an ADR through the online reservation system using my DVC reservation #. I had no problem at all and just booked it about a week ago!! Now all I have to see is if it works when we get there....

Question - because I don't know and I am a long time DVC owner. Can we get free dining?

Me DH DD (10) DS (7) Happy DVC members since 1997
Previous Disney Trips: July/Aug 2012 OKW, Oct 2011 AKL, Aug 2011 OKW, Aug 2010 OKW, Aug 2009 OKW, Jan 2009 OKW (girls b-day trip), Nov 2008 (10 year annivesary trip) CBR, Sept 2008 SSR, Aug 2008 (2 weeks) OKW, Dec 2007 OKW with Family & Friends, Oct 2007 AKL, May/June 2007 OKW (2 weeks); Oct 2006 OKW (2 weeks); Oct 2005 OKW (DS 1st Trip); Dec 2004 OKW; July 2004 OKW; Mar/Apr 2004 OKW & BWV; Oct 2003 OKW; Feb 2003 BWV; Sept 2002 OKW (DD 1st Trip); Oct 2001 OKW; Mar 2001 Dixie Landings; Oct 2000 OKW; May 2000 OKW; Dec 30, 1999-Jan 6, 2000 BWV for NYE Celebration; Sept 1999 Coronado Springs; Mar/Apr 1999 OKW; May 1998 OKW DH only (golf trip with buddies); Mar 1998 OKW Disney Honeymoon; July 1997 OKW (with friends & their DVC points, decided to buy DVC 2 days into trip)
Old 07-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #1510
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Hey Kathy guess where I went today......

the DISNEY Store...oh yes

After seeing yours and Carissa's loot I just had to check it out for myself, plus um I dropped off a job application (like most people the need for some extra cash is very much needed right now, so I'm scoping out my options )

but to my shopping....sorry no pic's as I bought mostly Christmas presents.

But I got the summer serving platter ( alittle gift for me )

a long sleeve PJ Pal w/ Wall-E & Eve on it for Margaret ($5.99)

an Ariel Nightshirt for Mae ($9.99)

a ladies sm Eeyore Shirt for Aldine for next yr Disney ($5.99)

2 Wall-E figures for Michael one actual robotic Wall-E and the floor scrubber guy ($9.99 and $4.99)

and then the buy 1 get 1 free plush sale I got the small Eve for Margaret and a Marie for Mae they were w/ me.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #1511
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

Crystal Palace Tusker House 'Ohana oh my!! Getting so hungry just thinking about it!!

Kathy please promise if you're at the Polynesian any day of your trip before 11am, you'll try a sticky bun at the Kona Island! Please!!
Old 07-08-2009, 06:15 PM   #1512
preschoolmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
(Frankly, I think a lot of people at WDW could use them: Just because I cannot walk up to Le Cellier, does not mean my trip is ruined. I can calm down by grabbing a beer at the UK)

Seriously funny stuff!

We use social stories here from time to time... I think we'll make sure all of our kids have a visual schedule this trip. First we will get ready in our room. Then we will go on the bus. Then we will arrive at the Magic Kingdom! After waiting in line, we will walk quickly to Dumbo

My kids love charts and lists - and I'm thinking it might make them all happy to know what is coming...
Old 07-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #1513
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvWishes! View Post
I am also a DVC member. Just for ha-ha's, I booked an ADR through the online reservation system using my DVC reservation #. I had no problem at all and just booked it about a week ago!! Now all I have to see is if it works when we get there....

Question - because I don't know and I am a long time DVC owner. Can we get free dining?

Hi there! So glad you were able to book online... they must've worked out the DVC kinks!

DVC members are not eligible for free dining with our ressies made with DVC points through DVC member services. Free dining is linked to resort room reservation packages booked through Disney Reservations, so if you wish to take advantage of the Free Dining promotions, you need to book your stay at a non-DVC resort.

I find that discussions on the DIS DVC Boards can be very helpful for both new and "old" DVC members!

Kathy
Old 07-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #1514
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Thanks for the social story explanation, Kathy.

Yea you on the weight loss! I need to put some hustle in my bustle.

Good luck with the ADRs. I don't think any of those resteraunts should be a problem to get ressies at. For pre-park opening breakfast, we tried Crystal Palace this year for the first time and it. The character interactions were great the food was good. I've heard good things about Tusker House though; the juice sounds scrumptious. For us, the decision was based on which early park entry we'd gain the most benefit from. For us, MK early entry was the most advantageous.

I'm actually shocked that I've lost 7lb already... and I've "cheated" a little, too!

Crystal Palace is a family favorite... I'd love to do that again. On the other hand, we've never done the Tusker House breakfast (although we loved Donald's Breakfastosaurus.) Who knows, we may wind up doing both!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
Crystal Palace Tusker House 'Ohana oh my!! Getting so hungry just thinking about it!!

Kathy please promise if you're at the Polynesian any day of your trip before 11am, you'll try a sticky bun at the Kona Island! Please!!
Now, now!! I'm trying to be good and you're tempting me with visions of sticky buns!!

Kathy
Old 07-08-2009, 10:04 PM   #1515
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by preschoolmom View Post
We use social stories here from time to time...

My kids love charts and lists - and I'm thinking it might make them all happy to know what is coming...

I always have some sort of Itinerary posted on the fridge in the DVC kitchen... Billy loves to know the sequence of our plans.

But its also very important to stress that plans may need to change and we need to accept that. (I have to do that for me as much as him!)

Kathy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: