Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 10:26 AM   #121
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

There is a bathtub in all the regular rooms. The handicapped rooms can have roll in showers.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #122
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

18 more days!!!!!! We tried to get a preferred location but it wasn't available so we have a standard room. My parents have a king bed room. I requested Aruba 51, 52, 53 OR Jamaica 44, 45 46. I think my fear is that they will try to assign us (or my parents who are joining us for the first time!) to one of the rooms in Trinidad South that hasn't yet been renovated into a pirate room. Are they still having guests stay in those rooms? Also are all the rooms in Aruba and Jamaica now Nemo rooms?
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2009, 11:39 AM   #123
meliss8599
DIS Veteran

We booked through a travel agent. Should she or I CALL or FAX in a room request (Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51)?

Does it have to be in writing?

While I know that requests are not guaranteed, how will I know they even received the request?
Old 02-24-2009, 12:26 PM   #124
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by meliss8599 View Post
We booked through a travel agent. Should she or I CALL or FAX in a room request (Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51)?

Does it have to be in writing?

While I know that requests are not guaranteed, how will I know they even received the request?
We are using a travel agent too (Dreams Unlimited) but I never asked how she puts our requests on the reservation. I do know that when I made my own reservations I faxed the requests myself but still sometimes I got them and sometimes I didn't. In fact the last time we stayed at CBR (2002 I believe) I faxed my requests for Jamaica but ended up in Barbados.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge
Old 02-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #125
disneybam
Mouseketeer

I read somewhere about a ceiling fan in a room at CBR. I must be blind because I don't remember seeing ceiling fans in recent CBR pictures. So, are ceiling fans in the refurbished rooms, and, do they make a humming noise? My DH would sleep better if he had the "noise". thanks.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:33 PM   #126
loonytoony
Gotta Luv Vacations

Jamaica

Are all of the Jamaica buildings renovated?

Is there a way to request which side of a building? Not necessarily requesting water view.

How is the beach in the Jamaica area? Or are they all the same?
Old 02-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #127
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybam View Post
I read somewhere about a ceiling fan in a room at CBR. I must be blind because I don't remember seeing ceiling fans in recent CBR pictures. So, are ceiling fans in the refurbished rooms, and, do they make a humming noise? My DH would sleep better if he had the "noise". thanks.
I believe there is a ceiling fan in all the rooms. I know we had one.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:43 PM   #128
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytoony View Post
How is the beach in the Jamaica area? Or are they all the same?
Here's a pic of the Jamaica beach (not a super good shot). Some of the beaches have playgrounds.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-25-2009, 06:23 AM   #129
donnajz
DIS Veteran

Cost of Preferred Room at CBT

Can anyone please confirm the additional price to have a Preferred room. I've seen it as $25 extra, however, the beginning of this thread has it as an additional $15.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:49 AM   #130
Bronte
DIS Veteran

Is the frig. in the room big enough to hold a gal. of milk or only a half gal..

Thanks for the info..
Old 02-25-2009, 08:59 AM   #131
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte View Post
Is the frig. in the room big enough to hold a gal. of milk or only a half gal..

Thanks for the info..
You should be able to fit a half gallon in the fridge with no problem. Here's a picture of the dresser with refrigerator compartment open to show the size. I thought I had a picture of the open fridge but can't find it. I know Safetymom has a pic somewhere.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 02-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #132
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnajz View Post
Can anyone please confirm the additional price to have a Preferred room. I've seen it as $25 extra, however, the beginning of this thread has it as an additional $15.
I paid only $15.00 extra early August, 2008 but it could have changed when the 2009 rates came out.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #133
Mississippianna
Still loving Disney World like a 6-year-old

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybam View Post
All of the rooms do have ceiling fans. We're here now in connecting rooms, and both fans make a different type of noise. The one in my mom's room just hums, and in our room is a high pitched squeak and click. Turn on the fan when you get to your room (the switch is between the beds) and call maintenance if you're not happy with the sound it makes.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #134
postesf
Keep Pushing

My SIL and I leave in exactly 1 week. This time next week we will be on our way to the airport!!!

My SIL had a question... Does anyone know if there are toasters anywhere that can be used? I will probably buy my breakfast, but she is thinking of taking pop-tarts to eat. I'm guessing there is probably toasters near the food court area... Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!
Stacie

OKW 2005 OKW 2006 POP 2008 POFQ 2008 SSR 2008
Check out Stacie's Weight Loss / 1/2 Marathon Journal
Old 02-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #135
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

I believe the only toaster is at the food court. I know the All Stars had them, so I'm sure CBR must too.

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: