Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:17 AM   #106
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom3 View Post
This is off topic but I too had to book 10 days (with the 4/3 deal) and book an extra night separate - although I'm staying at CBR Pirate Room for all 11 nights - but when I put in 11 nights they wouldn't let me have the 4/3 so I called CAA and they did it under 2 separate reservations with a "request" for us to stay in the same room the last night.

Odd though!!
That is crazy - that we both had to do this ! I had four frequent flier tickets and had to stay 11 days to be able to use these. The package for some reason can only be booked for a 10 day maximum stay. But I was okay with this because that meant one less day food and tickets I am out of pocket. We are just going to enjoy the resort the first day and start out slow. Since we are wanting to stay longer than 10 and paying for it- I wonder why they won't just take our money !!
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!
Old 02-21-2009, 06:35 AM   #107
catbertdave99
We Wanna Be There NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakes View Post
I also like the fact of walking thru the Cay to get to OPR? is that weird? lol
Not at all! It's beautiful and serene!

03/01 - WL; 02/04 - AKL; 04/05 - CBR; 03/07 - CBR; 07/08 - POP; 06/09 - CBR; 06/12 - CBR; 11/14 - CBR/GF
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2009, 08:33 AM   #108
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan

The Caribbean beach has theme of Nemo! I hope our family will stay in this hotel next month!
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
Old 02-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #109
almburr
DIS Veteran

How close is CBR to EPCOT? I think this is the resort we will stay in on our next trip. DS4 first trip It looks calm and relaxing. What area of rooms should I request (want to be close to main area)?
Old 02-23-2009, 01:39 PM   #110
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by almburr View Post
How close is CBR to EPCOT? I think this is the resort we will stay in on our next trip. DS4 first trip It looks calm and relaxing. What area of rooms should I request (want to be close to main area)?
Epcot is a short 5-6 minute bus ride from CBR. DHS is even closer!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:33 PM   #111
pao62
Earning My Ears

Hi. Just got back Sunday morning after our first stay at CBR. We were there 7 nights.

I was worried after reading a lot of negative reports about horrible buses and bad mousekeeping. I've never had a nasty room at WDW, but I know there could always be a first.

Not this time!! We were in Aruba (our request) in building 56. This building was a 1 minute walk to the bus stop. Our room was very clean and well kept and it opened to the interior courtyard, which was awesome for us since we were traveling with my BIL. It gave us a nice meet and sit place right outside our rooms.

Mousekeeping was not exactly amazing but adequate. They left us whatever we asked for (towels, cups etc.)

We didn't use the main pool (too cool for us) and we avoided the food court so our remote location from the main building was not a problem at all for us. We loved the convenience of the bus stop.

Buses were pretty good. We were quite satisfied. There were a couple of ridiculous situations like you often read about, like waiting forever for a MK bus while we saw 3 Epcot, 3 DDD and a couple each of AK and HS busses go by, but whatever, that happens.

We didn't care for the food court. There were not as many choices as POR we didn't think, and in particular, it seemed like the different windows would be randomly closed so you couldn't count on certain things being available at any time. That's a problem for us since we had a vegitarian and a finicky eater in our party.

All in all, I was quite pleased with the resort. I asked my girls if they'd want to go back (we've stayed at POR, AKL, WL and ASM in the past) and they said the resort was really nice, but they have been spoiled by AKL. I agree.

So, I recommend the resort, and bet a lot of people will just love it and a few won't, but either way, most folks should have a very nice stay.

It is Disney after all!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #112
TJA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel on Land View Post
We've never stayed onsite at Disney hotels and I was wondering about the busses-- Particularly how you get the stroller and your children on/off. At SOG, the one time we took their bus, it was a smaller, lower bus, with the seats facing each other so people just held their folded strollers with them (if I'm remembering right- it was just DH & I.) Is that similar to how the seats are arranged on the WDW busses? They don't have rows of two seats and one narrow aisle right? I don't think I remember seeing anyone put strollers down below or anything.

I'm just trying to figure out the logistics of getting a double stroller and two 2 year olds onto a big bus. The last time I was on a big charter type bus, the steps were definitely too big for a small child to climb them, but if one adult is carrying the stroller onto the bus, I'm not certain how the other adult will get both toddlers onto the bus by themselves. Any tips?
We've been in your shoes! We have twins and always take a double stroller, now they are older and we take a double jogger. Buses aren't easy, I won't lie. My twins are now age 5 and we don't always take our jogger to parks so we are slowly starting to try bus resorts, whereas when they were younger we stuck to either monorail or Epcot resorts so that we could walk, boat, or monorail to parks (thus not having to unload and fold stroller). If you are definitely staying at CBR (we are trying CBR this Easter and can't wait!), what we always did was this: we gradually unloaded the stroller as we proceeded to the bus stop. Then when we were at the bus stop, the stroller was ready to be folded. The kids could sit in it and wait. When we saw the bus approaching, I'd take the kids and DH would fold the stroller and haul it on the bus. I'd normally carry one twin and hold the hand of the other twin to get on the bus. I'd sort of pull her up the steps to help her. Sometimes too I'd scoop up both kids and carry on the bus. Once on the bus, DH could help with one kid while I held the other kid. It is workable, but not the easiest thing. One thing for sure is it created some really funny and great memories for us!

Oh and some buses have the narrow aisles and others have the seats facing eachother and wider aisles. Either way, you can make a double stroller work. As I said, it's not overly easy, but it's workable!
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
Old 02-23-2009, 06:09 PM   #113
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

pao62, you've discovered our "secret". While Aruba 56 seems to be one of the least desirable buildings, we love the close bus stop and I *need* the extra walking while eating Disney portions!
Old 02-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #114
loonytoony
Gotta Luv Vacations

Jamaica 44

Does anyone know if you request Jamaica 44 how to request which side of the building? Such as facing the lake..And is this considered a "preferred"?
Old 02-23-2009, 07:42 PM   #115
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

TJA- THANK YOU so much for your response! I was really wondering what the set up was and what the best way to tackle that is!! We're driving, so the majority of the time we'll have our car, but I'm sure there will be times it may be easier to take the bus! Thanks again for the heads up!

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Old 02-24-2009, 03:40 AM   #116
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Jamaica is not a preferred location costing extra nightly. If you request the side of the building that has a water view keep in mind you may not get that because water view rooms cost extra.

Personally water view rooms are overrated. It is hard to see the water from most rooms at CBR.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #117
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

I've looked through the posts but I didn't seem to find the answer. Are all CBR rooms without a bath tub? Is it shower only?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:05 AM   #118
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

We have had a bathtub both times we were there.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:10 AM   #119
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much!
Old 02-24-2009, 09:16 AM   #120
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524 View Post
I've looked through the posts but I didn't seem to find the answer. Are all CBR rooms without a bath tub? Is it shower only?
Had a bathtub all three stays.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: