Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #91
drakes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Trinidad South is about a 7-10 minute walk to OPR. We walked from the bus stop in TS and it took us 7 minutes.

That's not bad, so the map is deceiving. My Dh has a trip in the works and after seeing your pics , made me look into CBR. I like where you stayed and walking over Carribean Cay.

So in your professional CBR fan opinion- does the map make it look worse than it is?

Thank you

Last edited by drakes; 02-17-2009 at 12:17 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-17-2009, 12:32 PM   #92
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakes View Post
That's not bad, so the map is deceiving. My Dh has a trip in the works and after seeing your pics , made me look into CBR. I like where you stayed and walking over Carribean Cay.

So in your professional CBR fan opinion- does the map make it look worse than it is?

Thank you
I don't think it's a bad walk. I guess it depends on each person and what they consider a long walk. When I am at WDW I expect to walk. Plus CBR's landscaping is so beautiful and lush that it makes for pleasant walks.

Like I said we walked from the TS bus stop, which is pretty much in the middle of the TS buildings and it took 7 minutes, with 2 kids. So some rooms are a little further. That's why I tell people to figure 7-10 minutes. I suppose it could take a little longer if you had really little kids or elderly people in your party.

A nice thing is that TS (and all the villages) has it's own bus stop and it's own quiet pool. So they are very close by! There is also an internal shuttle if you don't want to walk.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2009, 02:20 PM   #93
drakes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I don't think it's a bad walk. I guess it depends on each person and what they consider a long walk. When I am at WDW I expect to walk. Plus CBR's landscaping is so beautiful and lush that it makes for pleasant walks.

Like I said we walked from the TS bus stop, which is pretty much in the middle of the TS buildings and it took 7 minutes, with 2 kids. So some rooms are a little further. That's why I tell people to figure 7-10 minutes. I suppose it could take a little longer if you had really little kids or elderly people in your party.

A nice thing is that TS (and all the villages) has it's own bus stop and it's own quiet pool. So they are very close by! There is also an internal shuttle if you don't want to walk.

I don't think it is the walking that bothers me so much. If we do go to CBR it will be our Mommy and Me trip, so if I gotta run out to grab something to drink - then she is coming with me, I guess I will just need to be more prepared heading back to the room, or send a garden grocer shipment of water?
I do like the pirate rooms, but I alos like the Nemo rooms To me they are both equally great, I think DD would prefer the nemo?

I also like the fact of walking thru the Cay to get to OPR? is that weird? lol

We're going to call and see if Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45 rooms are eligible for the promio DH booked. That's where you stayed? isn't it?
Old 02-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #94
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakes View Post

We're going to call and see if Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45 rooms are eligible for the promio DH booked. That's where you stayed? isn't it?
Yep, we stayed in Jamaica 45 in 2005 and in Aruba 51 last month. Both are equally great locations! And they are both standard locations!

Good luck!
Old 02-18-2009, 07:45 PM   #95
glitzybabes
I miss VMK!!!

What is at the bird's head on this map by Trinidad North and the flower/leaf thing by Trinidad South?
Old 02-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #96
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

Question about the busses

We've never stayed onsite at Disney hotels and I was wondering about the busses-- Particularly how you get the stroller and your children on/off. At SOG, the one time we took their bus, it was a smaller, lower bus, with the seats facing each other so people just held their folded strollers with them (if I'm remembering right- it was just DH & I.) Is that similar to how the seats are arranged on the WDW busses? They don't have rows of two seats and one narrow aisle right? I don't think I remember seeing anyone put strollers down below or anything.

I'm just trying to figure out the logistics of getting a double stroller and two 2 year olds onto a big bus. The last time I was on a big charter type bus, the steps were definitely too big for a small child to climb them, but if one adult is carrying the stroller onto the bus, I'm not certain how the other adult will get both toddlers onto the bus by themselves. Any tips?

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Old 02-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #97
hannah_03
Mouseketeer

I can't find the answer to this after searching. Where is the pool bar in relation to the new pirate themed water play area?

WDW ~12/1-12/4/2011 *Pop Century*~
WDW ~2/28-3/7/2009 *CBR*~
WDW/US ~4/14-4/19/2008 *Pop Century*~
WDW/SW ~6/30-7/6/2007 *off-site*~
Old 02-19-2009, 11:51 PM   #98
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Oh where to begin !! We are going on our trip for 11 days in June. I have booked a 10 day package - could only get water view for my dates. Then due to flight purchase I needed to book a room for one night additional- got the pirate themed room for this one night !! Hooray !
I changed my reservation from POR to CBR because of the pirate room and then when I began to read DisneyMomof2boys trip report - I was sold. Thanks for all the great pics and tips. The pool looks great - and the nemo room too.
My question is this : When I called and talked to the CM who helped me change my ressie from POR to CBR she said that the pirate themed rooms are still being finished. She said that more of those rooms will continue to become available about every two weeks until all the rooms are done. So now I have my fingers crossed that one will become available and I will be able to change from waterview to Pirate. Does this even sound correct or possible?
And I haven't heard much mentioned about the sit down resturant? Good ? Bad ? We will be trying this our first night - due to the fact of a 7:30am flight out of Denver - time change issues and people who will want to swim and rest !! Better to have them fresh for the first day of walking.
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!
Old 02-20-2009, 03:43 AM   #99
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Banana Cabana, the pool bar is located right outside the fence to the pool area. It is in the courtyard for OPR.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:45 AM   #100
safetymom
Have will travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle31 View Post
Oh where to begin !! We are going on our trip for 11 days in June. I have booked a 10 day package - could only get water view for my dates. Then due to flight purchase I needed to book a room for one night additional- got the pirate themed room for this one night !! Hooray !
I changed my reservation from POR to CBR because of the pirate room and then when I began to read DisneyMomof2boys trip report - I was sold. Thanks for all the great pics and tips. The pool looks great - and the nemo room too.
My question is this : When I called and talked to the CM who helped me change my ressie from POR to CBR she said that the pirate themed rooms are still being finished. She said that more of those rooms will continue to become available about every two weeks until all the rooms are done. So now I have my fingers crossed that one will become available and I will be able to change from waterview to Pirate. Does this even sound correct or possible?
And I haven't heard much mentioned about the sit down resturant? Good ? Bad ? We will be trying this our first night - due to the fact of a 7:30am flight out of Denver - time change issues and people who will want to swim and rest !! Better to have them fresh for the first day of walking.
I would just keep calling for the pirate room. People change resorts and more rooms will open up as they are finished.

The resort restaurant is OK. I am sure your family will have a great time at CBR. I know your family will love the new pool complex at CBR.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:38 AM   #101
hockeymom3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitzybabes View Post

What is at the bird's head on this map by Trinidad North and the flower/leaf thing by Trinidad South?
Momof2Boys - You probably know the answer to this don't you? LOL I was wondering the same thing about the TS icon, but didn't notice the TN Parrot head - what is there???

Second Family Disney Trip April 30 - May 8, 2013 POR
First Family Disney Trip May 2-12, 2009 AKL/WL
Old 02-20-2009, 05:56 AM   #102
safetymom
Have will travel

I have no clue what those stand for.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:36 AM   #103
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom3 View Post
Momof2Boys - You probably know the answer to this don't you? LOL I was wondering the same thing about the TS icon, but didn't notice the TN Parrot head - what is there???
Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom View Post
I have no clue what those stand for.
Sorry, I have no clue either. . .
Old 02-20-2009, 06:38 AM   #104
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle31 View Post
When I was there last month I was told the same thing at check in, that they would slowly be opening the pirate rooms, a few at a time.

Good luck on getting one!! Keep trying!
Old 02-20-2009, 08:39 AM   #105
hockeymom3
Mouseketeer

This is off topic but I too had to book 10 days (with the 4/3 deal) and book an extra night separate - although I'm staying at CBR Pirate Room for all 11 nights - but when I put in 11 nights they wouldn't let me have the 4/3 so I called CAA and they did it under 2 separate reservations with a "request" for us to stay in the same room the last night.

Odd though!!

Second Family Disney Trip April 30 - May 8, 2013 POR
First Family Disney Trip May 2-12, 2009 AKL/WL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: