Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 07:51 AM   #751
Dazer22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom View Post
Aruba or Jamaica are both good choices. I would pay for a water view room if you want to be close to the beach. Otherwise you could be at the back of the resort. No elevators at CBR.
Are there any buildings in Aruba or Jamaica that do not face or back on to a parking lot. Wondering if you could request a building were you knew for sure that you would not have a parking lot view. Any other view is just fine.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:58 AM   #752
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazer22 View Post
Are there any buildings in Aruba or Jamaica that do not face or back on to a parking lot. Wondering if you could request a building were you knew for sure that you would not have a parking lot view. Any other view is just fine.
I think Jamaica 45 & 42 and Aruba 55 & 52 (or even Barbados 15) would be the best non-preferred bet for not facing a parking lot and being very close to the beach. http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #753
Dazer22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I think Jamaica 45 & 42 and Aruba 55 & 52 (or even Barbados 15) would be the best non-preferred bet for not facing a parking lot and being very close to the beach. http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm
Thanks Momof2Disneyboys. That was just the information I was looking for. I also wanted to ask you a couple more minor questions:

Do they pipe in music around the pool area and the resort in general and
Are the areas outside the room and paths pretty clean around the resort?
Old 05-20-2009, 09:39 AM   #754
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazer22 View Post
Thanks Momof2Disneyboys. That was just the information I was looking for. I also wanted to ask you a couple more minor questions:

Do they pipe in music around the pool area and the resort in general and
Are the areas outside the room and paths pretty clean around the resort?
You're welcome!

You know, I'm not sure about the music. It used to be piped through the island, but I'm not sure it was there this time. . . Maybe someone else knows. . . I am pretty sure we still heard it at OPR and the pool.

The outside of the rooms and paths were exceptionally clean on our recent trip (January). I did notice this and commented on it to DH. Whenever we would come back to the room mid-day they were always hosing down the outside of the doors and the paths. One day we were in the room taking a break and we heard them cleaning outside of our room with a pressure washer. When we were ready to leave we had to slowly open our door and make a break for it!!
Old 05-21-2009, 07:31 AM   #755
Dazer22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
You're welcome!

You know, I'm not sure about the music. It used to be piped through the island, but I'm not sure it was there this time. . . Maybe someone else knows. . . I am pretty sure we still heard it at OPR and the pool.

The outside of the rooms and paths were exceptionally clean on our recent trip (January). I did notice this and commented on it to DH. Whenever we would come back to the room mid-day they were always hosing down the outside of the doors and the paths. One day we were in the room taking a break and we heard them cleaning outside of our room with a pressure washer. When we were ready to leave we had to slowly open our door and make a break for it!!
Momof2disneyboys,

Thanks again for your reply. I am glad to hear that they are so diligent about hosing everthing down outside the door and paths and don't mind dodging water myself as long as the areas around the room look nice and clean!

I am researching and gathering information on CSR just in case that ends up being our choice for our next trip!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:07 PM   #756
IlovemythreeC's
Mouseketeer

I am wondering which area the standard view pirate rooms are in? Are any of these close to the main pool?

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:07 AM   #757
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovemythreeC's View Post
I am wondering which area the standard view pirate rooms are in? Are any of these close to the main pool?

Thanks in advance.
No.

100% of the Pirate rooms are in Trinidad South, which is the village farthest from Old Port Royale, the complex that has the main pool, food court, etc.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #758
lesliejmorris
Mouseketeer

We are staying in the Pirate Theme rooms out in Trinidad SOuth. Are there any requests we should make? Particular building, corner room, upstairs vs downstairs? THanks!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #759
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

The music has been hit and miss on Caribbean Cay. Personally I think even the parking lot views are great at CBR. With all the landscaping it is hard to even see the cars in the parking lot.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #760
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

Finally!!!

Just got done reading ALL 51 pages of this fourth installment of the tread and am SOOOOO excited for our upcoming trip... In DECEMEBER!!! Ahh it feels like forever!

Has anyone had good/bad/otherwise experience with the Kids Nite Out babysitter service? I don't leave my daughter (2) with anyone, but the thought of enjoying a night solo in Disney with my DH makes me want to budge!

Thanks to all for the input, opinions & GREAT pictures!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #761
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by santho View Post
Thank you to all for the wonderful pics and info on CBR. We are going in Sept. and I can't wait, we are so psyched for the Pirates of the Caribbean adventure cruise for the kids, the pirate room, the pool water play area, ALL OF IT, YEAH!!
Just saw this post. Had to chime in. When in Sept. are you going? We are staying in a pirate room and our boys are also doing the pirate cruise in late Sept.- early Oct.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Old 05-22-2009, 06:21 PM   #762
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadilynnsMomma View Post
Just got done reading ALL 51 pages of this fourth installment of the tread and am SOOOOO excited for our upcoming trip... In DECEMEBER!!! Ahh it feels like forever!
That's OK, enjoy the summer where you are, and by the time you're fed up with wintry weather, it'll be time to get ready!

We're going in Dec, too!
Old 05-22-2009, 07:13 PM   #763
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Hi, I would also like to know the answer to that question.
If I have a pirate room in Trinidad South ...should I ask for a specific
location or it shouldn't matter..???

Thanks so much

Yoli
Old 05-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #764
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis_guy View Post
That's OK, enjoy the summer where you are, and by the time you're fed up with wintry weather, it'll be time to get ready!

We're going in Dec, too!
Ha - the only way to "enjoy" the summer's on The Cape are to be a tourist!

I was just thinking about that though, when the cold comes to settle, we'll be jet-setting to Sunny (fingers crossed) Orlando!
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

Old 05-22-2009, 07:59 PM   #765
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
Hi, I would also like to know the answer to that question.
If I have a pirate room in Trinidad South ...should I ask for a specific
location or it shouldn't matter..???

Thanks so much

Yoli
I don't think it really matters. You know you won't have a water view room because you didn't reserve/pay for one. The only thing I can suggest is to request Building 34 or Building 35 ... they are (slightly) closer to Old Port Royale than the other four Trinidad South buildings.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: