Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #1501
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

DD7 finally decided on her resort for her birthday trip and wants to stay at CBR (at first it was CSR until she saw the Nemo rooms, she said she liked them because they look "Disneyish"!) It's our first trip onsite, and we're leaving all the boys behind! We'll be there 11/27 - 12/5
Old 08-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #1502
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Just returned from our 4th fabulous stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort. We were given a free upgrade to a preferred location which was wonderful. I'll be doing a full review and posting lots of pictures as soon as I get them all uploaded to photobucket.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #1503
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Welcome back Lisa! Can't wait to hear all about your stay at CBR! Congrats on the upgrade!
Old 08-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #1504
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Welcome back Lisa! Can't wait to hear all about your stay at CBR! Congrats on the upgrade!
Thanks! We have a great stay and actually spent some down time at the resort which we usually don't do too much of. The one thing that we didn't do that we said we were going to do is....swim in the new main pool.

I was very pleasantly surprised to receive the upgrade. We booked a standard room but when we checked in, they put us in Martinique 26 which is the closest building to Old Port Royale. Sweet!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #1505
I_believe
Mouseketeer

Welcome Back

Welcome Back Lisa! I have been impatiently waiting your return. I enjoyed your last trip report and it sounds like there may have been a bit more this time! Look forward to seeing your pictures!

Erin

Many visits as a child
CBR December (2005) MVMCP
CBR September(2007) Free Dinning
Polynesian December (2008) MVMCP Happy Birthday to me and DS!!
CBR September (2009) Free Dinning and 12 year Anniversary
Beach Club - CL October (2010) Happy 13th Anniversary
CBR September (2013)
Old 08-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #1506
mddisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

booking preferred location?

I am getting ready to book my reservation online, but I want to make sure I get the right room. I want to book a "preferred location" so I can be close to the main pool and restaurants ...but all I see online is a "preferred room" with no mention of it being closer to the main buildings. Is a preferred room the same thing? Thanks so much!!
Old 08-17-2009, 04:42 PM   #1507
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddisneyfamily View Post
I am getting ready to book my reservation online, but I want to make sure I get the right room. I want to book a "preferred location" so I can be close to the main pool and restaurants ...but all I see online is a "preferred room" with no mention of it being closer to the main buildings. Is a preferred room the same thing? Thanks so much!!
I agree with you that "preferred location" has always been the nomenclature I've seen Disney use for those rooms in CBR, but if the Disney website sells "preferred rooms" for CBR, then it's the same thing. There's nothing "preferred" about it except location relative to Old Port Royale, the complex that has the restaurant, food court, main pool, shops, etc.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #1508
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Preferred room is how it is referred to on the Disney website.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:26 PM   #1509
catbertdave99
We Wanna Be There NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Thanks! We have a great stay and actually spent some down time at the resort which we usually don't do too much of. The one thing that we didn't do that we said we were going to do is....swim in the new main pool.

I was very pleasantly surprised to receive the upgrade. We booked a standard room but when we checked in, they put us in Martinique 26 which is the closest building to Old Port Royale. Sweet!
Welcome back Lisa -- can't wait to hear all about it! We also stayed in Martinique 26 when we were there in June - great spot!

03/01 - WL; 02/04 - AKL; 04/05 - CBR; 03/07 - CBR; 07/08 - POP; 06/09 - CBR; 06/12 - CBR; 11/14 - CBR/GF
Old 08-18-2009, 09:47 AM   #1510
mddisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

preferred rooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom View Post
Preferred room is how it is referred to on the Disney website.
Seems weird that they would not better describe the preferred category online. Those who do not get info. from another source would not even know that the biggest (only?) benefit to a preferred room is the location.....on the Disney web site it says:

"All rooms have 2 double-size beds, table and chairs, vanity area with 2 sinks, a ceiling fan and a bathroom. All rooms are non-smoking. Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, data port, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, mini-fridge and coffee maker. A crib is available upon request. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. These rooms offer views of the courtyard, woodlands or Resort hotel."

No real reference to the biggest advantage...a location close to the action.

Anyway, thanks for the info!!
Old 08-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #1511
BenA81
is it a golf ball?

We'll be headed to CBR in December. I told my wife that the pools are heated so we'll still be able to go swimming but she is still skeptical as to whether it will still be enjoyable. Anybody have some experiences they would like to share? TIA

DIS DAD #261
Old 08-20-2009, 07:31 PM   #1512
CrabbyPatty
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to thank all you CBR'ers for all your assistance in answering questions and providing information. We are headed to CBR next Wednesday and really looking forward to our trip.

It will be my daughter's first trip to WDW, and my first trip since 1988, and I've never stayed onsite (I think I stayed at the Radisson Inn-Maingate back in '88), so it will be fun for both of us!

When you first start planning a WDW trip, there's just SO MUCH to figure out and it's all so overwhelming. Now that we are only a few days out, I realize just how much information I've gotten from the DIS boards. Thanks so much for answering my "stupid" questions about CBR and giving me all sort of details about the resort. I really appreciate it!

I won't have access to the 'net while we're at WDW, but I'll be taking notes and plan to give a resort when we get back. Thanks again!
WDW - 8/26/09 - 9/1/09 CBR * WDW - 8/28/10 - 9/2/10 CSR * DL - 8/13/11 - 8/18/11 - Ramada Maingate * WDW - 8/26/12 - 9/1/12 WL * DL - 8/13/13 - 8/19/13 - Fairfield Inn * DL - 8/23/14 - 8/27/14 - Anabella Hotel
Old 08-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #1513
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenA81 View Post
We'll be headed to CBR in December. I told my wife that the pools are heated so we'll still be able to go swimming but she is still skeptical as to whether it will still be enjoyable. Anybody have some experiences they would like to share? TIA
Can't speak for December, but we were there the middle of January a few years back. It was cold (mid to upper 40's at night). DD wanted to swim, so I let her. Her and DH went in one night. They said it was beautiful while they were in the pool, but it was when they got out. They didn't seem to mind that much though. I just made sure I had a super sized beach towel for DD and one of my big sweatshirts to throw over her. DH ran upstairs first and got in the shower. DD stayed in the pool. About 15 minutes after DH went up, DH went running up. The bathroom was already nice and toasty for her from DH.

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
Old 08-21-2009, 06:53 AM   #1514
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddisneyfamily View Post
Seems weird that they would not better describe the preferred category online. Those who do not get info. from another source would not even know that the biggest (only?) benefit to a preferred room is the location.....on the Disney web site it says:

"All rooms have 2 double-size beds, table and chairs, vanity area with 2 sinks, a ceiling fan and a bathroom. All rooms are non-smoking. Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, data port, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, mini-fridge and coffee maker. A crib is available upon request. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. These rooms offer views of the courtyard, woodlands or Resort hotel."

No real reference to the biggest advantage...a location close to the action.

Anyway, thanks for the info!!
Disney probably assumes that their guest would know what "preferred" means- closest to the main facilities.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:49 AM   #1515
BenA81
is it a golf ball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKsMom View Post
Can't speak for December, but we were there the middle of January a few years back. It was cold (mid to upper 40's at night). DD wanted to swim, so I let her. Her and DH went in one night. They said it was beautiful while they were in the pool, but it was when they got out. They didn't seem to mind that much though. I just made sure I had a super sized beach towel for DD and one of my big sweatshirts to throw over her. DH ran upstairs first and got in the shower. DD stayed in the pool. About 15 minutes after DH went up, DH went running up. The bathroom was already nice and toasty for her from DH.
ok thanks. I think we'll go prepared to swim and just be spontaneous about it. Maybe I'll entice her with youtube videos of the main pool slides

DIS DAD #261
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: