Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2002, 09:09 PM   #1
lilaegrl88
Earning My Ears

Which is better? DL or WDW????

Ok i've never been to Dl b4 and i was wondering if it would be worth my while to check it out instead of wdw? I mean just the magic kingdom. Because i do know that Wdw Is a lot bigger, but i've always wanted to go to california, and i wanna check out california adventure. Wat do u guys think? Which is better, if u've on;y been to wdw?
Old 05-24-2002, 09:18 PM   #2
AbErGrl217
Dizneyholic!!
I like everything thats edible!
Big fan of the pink bouncy guy

Disney World is alot bigger than DL. Its also a lot better. I would say go to WDW unless you want to go to other parts of Cali too. If you just want Disney I would say WDW.

CBR 6/96
grosvenor DTD 4/97
grosvenor DTD 12/98
Marriott DTD 4/00
CBR 7/01
CBR 7/02
DL 7/03

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 26, 2003 10:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Countdown to Disneyland</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'In California!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
AbErGrl217 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2002, 10:31 PM   #3
WDWfanatic288
Is now a card carrying member of the Tag Fairy Duct Tape Patrol
I LOVE YOU MOM! YOU ARE THE BEST!
MARLON is the man!!!!

WDW is alot better and alot bigger but DL is awesome in itself!
but its hard to compare them directly...kinda like comparing apples and oranges

DL MK is better than WDW MK

DCA is sooo awesome! I love it there too!

but i think everyone should try DL...i love it there! but we arent gong back until 2005!

I would say you could go for a long weekend(like we did..for 3 days) and we got everything done we wanted to

WDWfanatic288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 10:18 AM   #4
tori3190
Earning My Ears

ok I admit I've never been to DL but we are planning it sometime (i think!). I would rather go to WDW any day than DL just because there's more to do.
tori3190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 02:29 PM   #5
SDAngel101
Im the Dancin' QUEEN!!
Ill be the #1 poster one day!
Late night DISer. ;-)
Can put milk in my nose and make it come out my eye

Location: I wish they all could be California girls.. Born and raised in Sunny San Diego!

I have been to DL like a MILLION times because i live in San Diego.. but when i went to WDW last summer i was blown away. ?THERE IS SOOO MUCH TO DO! At DL there is just Magic Kingdom and now California Adventure (havne't been there yet). And at WDW there have all those different parks. But by DL in LA there is Knotts Berry Farm, Magic Mountian, Universal Studios, Hollywood... It just depends on what you like.

19 years young!

**Jules + Marissa + Maggie = Leaders of the Rebel Trio**

Zeta Tau Alpha... Only the BEST get crowned \^^^/
SDAngel101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 10:31 PM   #6
Lynne A.
Earning My Ears

DL is the ultimate classic fun place to go. It's got more rides than MK WDW(just about). At DL you've got Indiana Jones, Alice in Wonder Land(1 of the best kiddie rides), plus the Pirates of the Caribean is better than the one @ WDW. The restaurant @ Pirate's is awesome, its kinda like the one at the Mexican pavilion, but of course, different food. By the way the Chicken Courdon Bleu is awesome. DCA was a little disappointing after all the hype, but the California Screamin' and Soarin' Over California make it worth while. Also, SOC has smell-a-vision, when you fly over the Napa Valley vinyards you can smell grapes and the same effect when flying over the citrus orchards. For souvinears check out the sunglasses shop. There are some wacky glasses there, perfect if you want to go as Elton John for next Halloween.:D DL is really fun, sure WDW is bigger, but DL came first and that is where you want to go if you want to see MK done the right way.
~*Jen*~
1993~Disneyland
1996~Disneyland
Jan 2000~WDW
April 2001~Disneyland/Cali. Adv
Dec 2001~WDW
Dec 2002~WDW Can't wait!!!

~~Magic Happens~~<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 10,2002 7:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=green>Countdown to my WDW Christmas vacation!!! </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Woo Hoo! WDW Here I come!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Lynne A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 08:24 AM   #7
PigSoldier
to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free

I've never been to Disneyland either, but I desperately want to go!!

I'd love to ride:

Indiana Jones
Alice in Wonderland
Soaring Over California
The Matterhorn
And see the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough

(Although what that had to do with the original post I don't know )

PigSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 02:04 PM   #8
Poohbear14
Mouseketeer

Never been to DL, but they have a couple cool roller coasters.

Poohbear14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 02:43 PM   #9
PlutoPal
WDW Animal who likes to hang with ContempoSMT
Wants to work for Disney and take over Mike's job!

Ive never been to DL but I would rather go to WDW cuz its the place for me!
Old 05-28-2002, 05:16 PM   #10
ContempoSMT
WDW Sept 2010

Been to both, there is no comparison , Walt Disney World is ALOT better then Disneyland.. its bigger and it has the betterrides.
Old 05-28-2002, 06:28 PM   #11
DiSnEyGrL13

Hands down, WDW!
Old 05-28-2002, 07:05 PM   #12
talkdisney
Mouseketeer

I think you guys are wrong comparing the two. Yes WDW is much bigger and has epcot,mgm, Ak and the rest but Don;t forget DL was walts first park. A lot of the things you see there were original WD ideas. I would say visit both (if you can) But if I had to pic kjust one. . . WDW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: