Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
themerriemonarch
Earning My Ears

Anyone ever eat at the McDonalds near Blizzard Beach?

I'm going to try to cram in a full day between Animal Kingdom and Epcot with my kids. I recall that there's a free-standing McDonalds with a whimsical theme near Blizzard Beach that would be on the way for lunch. Anyone ever eaten there? I'm guessing it would save me a buck from eating "fast food" IN the parks? I'm also assuming it's more expensive than a "typical" McDonalds -- like no "dollar menu"?

Thanks.
themerriemonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:12 PM   #2
Irish Twins
Yahoo! Hoop Dee Doo!

Hi! We ate there last May when we went to Blizzard Beach. My girls liked it because there is a huge Ronald out front. It was more expensive than the Mc Donalds here (we are on Long Island). But it was quick. This May when we go back we are eating at Cape May Cafe before Typhoon Lagoon because the characters are in bathing suits. Kinda keeps with the theme of the day!

Have fun!

1987 Offsite, 1997 Offsite, 2001 Offsite, 2006 Offsite, 2008 All Star Movies, 2009 Caribbean Beach, 2010 Disneyland offsite
Irish Twins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
Aimeedyan
Why get all excited about something as silly as a fake celebrity? Or getting a tag?
Jello is not meant to be chunky

It's a McDonalds, nothing special that I recall... but I do know they are quite a bit pricier than your Mickey D's at home and don't have a dollar menu, that I remember. You won't save much by eating there instead of the parks but it fits the bill when driving between parks. And they have my Iced Coffee, which I'm seriously addicted to and can't find in the parks.
1982 & 1990 ~ trips as a child ~1997 ~ Caribbean Beach ~ 2002 ~ Vacation Home ~ 2003 ~ Stayed with Family ~ 2004 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~2006 ~ Pop Century & Disney's Vero Beach ~ 2007 ~ Wilderness Lodge & Yacht Club ~ 2008 ~ Carnival Cruise & All Star Music ~ 2009 ~ All Star Sports & Downtown Hotel ~ 2009 ~ All Star Music, Comfort Inn & Boardwalk Villas
Aimeedyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:56 AM   #4
themerriemonarch
Earning My Ears

Hmmm, it's not that attractive to stop at an "overpriced" McDonalds, but I guess it will do.

Is there any fast-food "off-site" near Animal Kingdom that wouldn't be much of a detour? Like the area around US 192? Just looking for something fast and affordable, that the kids will like.

Thanks!
themerriemonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:00 AM   #5
madalex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by themerriemonarch View Post
Is there any fast-food "off-site" near Animal Kingdom that wouldn't be much of a detour? Like the area around US 192? Just looking for something fast and affordable, that the kids will like.
You could try The Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is Disney counter service, but with a couple interesting things that aren't on every CS menu. Plus, it would give you a chance to visit AKL, which is a beautiful resort. AKL is about a 3 minute drive from AK.
madalex is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: