Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #316
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
What is the difference between the Studio Standard, and Studio Preferred? Where can I find an overview of where these are located? Sorry if this has been asked before..I keep going back pages to look at photos, and I can't seem to get a concept of the layout, except for the Front of the boardwalk, while it looks beautiful I know that is not where the studios are located and the pics of the pool are nice, but I am looking for more I have until tomorrow to decide for our April 2012 trip. We are deciding between AKL studio, Boardwalk studio or beach club studio. Thanks to anyone that can help us either way If it helps we are going april 11-20th family of 4. 2 boys age 13, 11. We will be visiting all 4 parks. Our 11 year old has Autism so as soon as we book we need to show as many pics to him as we can. We have stayed in the past at POR,PoFQ,ASMU,ASMO,POP, Cont. and AKL....so this would be new. Sorry for rambling! We will be renting points from a friend and booking a studio
I would like to know the answer to this too. We will be staying at a studio preferred but I do not know the difference btwn. the two.
I would like to know the answer to this too. We are staying at a Studio preferred and am not sure what the benefit is.
*May 2015- TBD * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
robinbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #317
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

hopefully someone can help us I am not booked yet, we will be booking tomorrow for our april trip. I am so confused as to where...BWV, AKV, or BCV?? Those are our 3 choices but I need more info to help our decision
DS (14)
Lily
momtwoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #318
ThePetLady7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
What is the difference between the Studio Standard, and Studio Preferred? Where can I find an overview of where these are located? Sorry if this has been asked before..I keep going back pages to look at photos, and I can't seem to get a concept of the layout, except for the Front of the boardwalk, while it looks beautiful I know that is not where the studios are located and the pics of the pool are nice, but I am looking for more I have until tomorrow to decide for our April 2012 trip. We are deciding between AKL studio, Boardwalk studio or beach club studio. Thanks to anyone that can help us either way If it helps we are going april 11-20th family of 4. 2 boys age 13, 11. We will be visiting all 4 parks. Our 11 year old has Autism so as soon as we book we need to show as many pics to him as we can. We have stayed in the past at POR,PoFQ,ASMU,ASMO,POP, Cont. and AKL....so this would be new. Sorry for rambling! We will be renting points from a friend and booking a studio
We'll be staying at BWV for the first time in December, but it is my understanding that preferred rooms refer to those with either a boardwalk or garden/pool view. This site is very helpful for getting an idea of location/view, though I have no idea how accurate it is.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #319
twinkletoes919
Mouseketeer

Great pics! Any pictures from a standard waterview room?
twinkletoes919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #320
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Here's our standard club level room with Boardwalk view - we loved it!

Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #321
twinkletoes919
Mouseketeer

Wow ! Thanks so much for those pics. It looks beautiful! I LOVE the balcony,it looks extra big. I so far only booked a standard waterview boardwalk view but not cl Wonering how much more it would be per day to upgrade. We will be there Oct 2 to 6.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:25 PM   #322
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletoes919 View Post
Wow ! Thanks so much for those pics. It looks beautiful! I LOVE the balcony,it looks extra big. I so far only booked a standard waterview boardwalk view but not cl Wonering how much more it would be per day to upgrade. We will be there Oct 2 to 6.
The balcony was larger than average, the view was amazing and the BWI CL cast members were outstanding. CL was approx. $80 per night more for our family of five and well worth every penny for us. The difference in price between CL and non-CL certainly varies, and the value for each family can also be quite different, but it's definitely worth investigating! We really loved BWI CL!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

Old 09-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #323
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePetLady7 View Post
We'll be staying at BWV for the first time in December, but it is my understanding that preferred rooms refer to those with either a boardwalk or garden/pool view. This site is very helpful for getting an idea of location/view, though I have no idea how accurate it is.
That link is not working for me.
*May 2015- TBD * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
robinbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #324
gojoe
DIS Veteran

One of My Favorite Memory

Old 09-06-2011, 06:15 PM   #325
twinkletoes919
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
The balcony was larger than average, the view was amazing and the BWI CL cast members were outstanding. CL was approx. $80 per night more for our family of five and well worth every penny for us. The difference in price between CL and non-CL certainly varies, and the value for each family can also be quite different, but it's definitely worth investigating! We really loved BWI CL!
Thanks Pixarmom!! I will certainly look into that first thing in morning.I would love a view like you had,esp so i can sit on the balcony and have my morning coffee. Do you happen to remember the room number?
Old 09-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #326
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I am going to subscribe to this...our 7-month window for DVC just opened today and we booked a studio at the Boardwalk Villas for next Easter!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #327
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:38 PM   #328
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

pixarmom I stayed BWI CL in 09 and LOVED IT. in 2010 and 2011 stayed YC CL mostly for SAB.....Between BWI CL andBC CL (or YC CL) which do you think is best? SAB is what draws me back each time but boy BWI CL is very nice...
DP
scottmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:56 PM   #329
ThePetLady7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbutterfly View Post
That link is not working for me.
Sorry. Try this one.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts...las/roomfinder
Old 09-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #330
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
pixarmom I stayed BWI CL in 09 and LOVED IT. in 2010 and 2011 stayed YC CL mostly for SAB.....Between BWI CL andBC CL (or YC CL) which do you think is best? SAB is what draws me back each time but boy BWI CL is very nice...
That question is just too difficult to answer!!!

Of course, we love BC - Teena in the lobby, the room decor, self-serve refill mug stations, the music around the resort and SAB are huge selling points for me. We like the kids' area in the lounge with the little tables and chairs and our kids appreciate the gummy fish in the afternoon! I've loved BC for nearly 20 years and have such wonderful memories there!

BWI CL was really great - the CMs were just so wonderful. I just can't say enough positive things about the staff there. Our pre-teen boys are still talking about Jackie and Pete and the CMs in the lounge really connected with our youngest son. It was such a warm and welcoming environment and the lounge was such a happy place. The open space, high ceilings, etc. - it's a nice space. I also liked the courtyard view from the lounge (and Illuminations at night!) Our balcony and the view were such a great part of the stay, and the Boardwalk in the morning was so quiet and peaceful. We all loved the clown slide - we wished we could move it over to SAB or SAB over to the clown slide!

Not sure what we'll do for our next visit. But I'm thinking another split stay is in our future . . .

Twinkletoes, our room number was 4261.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: