Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2009, 09:15 PM   #106
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Your pictures are wonderful!

I love the one of you and Ayden hugging on the Monorail!

You are a lucky girl to have such wonderful boys (men!)

More please!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:52 PM   #107
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Your pictures are wonderful!

I love the one of you and Ayden hugging on the Monorail!

You are a lucky girl to have such wonderful boys (men!)

More please!
Awww thank you so much.

I have more coming..our last day and our photopass pictures
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2009, 10:11 PM   #108
shishigirl
Mouseketeer

I love your trip report!! It looks like you had so much fun! Your little boy is so cute!
shishigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #109
MommyWithDreams

Drumroll please..............
here is our last and final day, then I will post the photopass pics!!!

The last day is always the hardest. Especially since we had to leave in the early afternoon to catch a 5:50 flight.

We were up super early since we wanted to beat the crowds as much as possible since it was a Saturday. We try to purposely plan our trips to avoid the weekends crowds. I was really surprised that the park seemed pretty empty the first two hours. We did BTMRR 5 times in a row first thing and just walked on each time. I was hoping to get it out of Ayden's system since that's all the kid wanted to ride every day all day.

The Matterhorn was open sunday but closed during the week and open again on Saturday. Here are some pictures while waiting in line.

We made sure to do It's a Small World again...I did like the subtle changes to the ride......but I will say Woody and Jesse did look very out of place as I've seen others say as well.

Here's a few misc things from the last day.....

I loved this of Chris helping Ayden at the shooting gallery.

One of my favorite meals from the trip...

Our last character visit...and more pictures with the letters. My nickname is Nellie so that's why I always get the N

Not sure if I posted this picture before or not...I just liked it of Ayden and I

And the saddest picture of them all....... ::::::sniff:::::::: leaving for the last time knowing we won't be back in the morning

So to finish things up...we were already checked out of the Park Vue and they stored our luggage. The Disney Express was 20 minutes late to pick us up...THEN had to take us to the Disneyland Hotel where we had to transfer to another bus. We were really starting to sweat bullets that we were going to be late to the airport. ESPECIALLY when we got on the freeway and the carpool lane was backed up...we should have just stayed in the regular lanes!
We made it in time and had a really good flight home. Take off was right at sunset and it was beautiful. By the time we were flying over San Francisco it was really dark and it was beautiful!!!! Ayden loved seeing all the lights.

I'll be back with our photopass pictures!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:57 PM   #110
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

I got Anthony that same shirt Ayden is wearing!!!! Thought it was so cute!!!

Ayden & I would get along great!!! We both love BTMRR....I'm with him, I could ride it all day long!!

I'm guessing your favorite meal was from the Rancho del Zocalo? We looked forward to eating there last year & it was by far the worst meal we've ever had there....... we're seeing a pretty even split on liking it or hating it.....lol We've gotten pretty spoiled to a fabulous mexican restaurant here in town & Mike is a wonderful cook that makes some mexican dinners to die for!!

Sounds like a magical trip & you got some great pictures!!! Thanx for sharing them. Looking forward to the PhotoPass pics!!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #111
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

I loved your report!

I saw you on your last day(I think it was your last day...) near the BTMRR. We were doing the Dis Diva Scavenger Hunt. Anywho, I did say hi and ran off b/c my team was on the run! lol I also saw you when you were leaving Carnation Cafe and we were all arriving. It was great to see you and I look forward seeing you on the trip next year!

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:16 PM   #112
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I got Anthony that same shirt Ayden is wearing!!!! Thought it was so cute!!!

Ayden & I would get along great!!! We both love BTMRR....I'm with him, I could ride it all day long!!

I'm guessing your favorite meal was from the Rancho del Zocalo? We looked forward to eating there last year & it was by far the worst meal we've ever had there....... we're seeing a pretty even split on liking it or hating it.....lol We've gotten pretty spoiled to a fabulous mexican restaurant here in town & Mike is a wonderful cook that makes some mexican dinners to die for!!

Sounds like a magical trip & you got some great pictures!!! Thanx for sharing them. Looking forward to the PhotoPass pics!!!!

I thought Rancho Del Zocalo was soooooo much better this year than it was last year. I think we got lucky. It was just so quick, easy, good on cost and it was pretty yummy. I know what you mean though....once you find a good Mexican restaurant, nothing else can even compare lol

Since I stayed home today from work I'm going to work on getting my photopass pictures up...then my TR will officially be done!
Old 04-27-2009, 01:18 PM   #113
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
I loved your report!

I saw you on your last day(I think it was your last day...) near the BTMRR. We were doing the Dis Diva Scavenger Hunt. Anywho, I did say hi and ran off b/c my team was on the run! lol I also saw you when you were leaving Carnation Cafe and we were all arriving. It was great to see you and I look forward seeing you on the trip next year!
Thank you!!!!! I totally remember you. I remember you all off in a rush during the scavenger hunt. LOL
I am soooo looking forward to the next trip.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #114
MommyWithDreams

So my thoughts on Photpass this trip..........there certainly were not many photographers out. In fact I made a comment about there not being many and the photographer tried telling me where they all were located at. I know where they were at...but I also knew where they were NOT at as well. I'm happy with our pictures.....I was in charge of a photopass share group and we ended up with 3 cds and over 1000 pictures!

here are a few of mine...

I always have to take a picture kissing goofy! I liked last years better
Old 04-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #115
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

We had the same problem with finding the PhotoPass Photographers both times we were there in March/April!!! They used to be everywhere & this time we only got about 80 pics & that was over 6 days!! They weren't always at the "normal" spots either. We entered the park a couple times in the morning & no photo at the entry, we walked past the Partner's Statue a number of times & no photographer.....kind of a drag when we knew we'd be getting the CD.

I think the one of you kissing Goofy.......is ADORABLE!!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:37 PM   #116
MommyWithDreams

Lots more to come

Did this once and probably wouldn't do it again. The tink was kinda "Spacey"...

Old 04-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #117
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Just stumbled across your TR and think its SO GREAT! Love all the pictures and comments and reviews. We're mostly going on weekends with our APs this year, so when you mentioned that the park was pretty empty the first couple hours on the Saturday you were there, I was all SMILES! Woohoo! I see some hope for our Saturday.

That stinks about the photopass photographers. I feel like the last time we went to DLR (May 2007) we spent a lot of time trying to find them. But at that point, the system was relatively new, so maybe Disney was still trying to get the hang of the best way to do it. It stinks when you're dressed all cute and the sunlight is just right and then you have to "search" for someone! In WDW last time, June 2008, I felt like they were around every turn, though. Maybe it depends on the time of year?
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:54 PM   #118
MommyWithDreams

Old 04-28-2009, 05:00 PM   #119
MommyWithDreams

How do you like Ayden's so called Surprise look with stitch?

LOL

Old 04-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #120
MommyWithDreams

So that's all folks!!!!

Now to start planning for our first Christmas Visit to DL...then my first DIS DIVA trip in February 2010!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: