Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #76
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post

Sounds like you guys had a good time! How is Ayden? I remember you having some wonderings about him during your last trip report time...he looks a whole lot more relaxed, that's for sure. How old is he? Only 5? Or 6? He's so tall! (obviously, since he's getting on Indy now) Eamon says he's now eating to "get big for Indy", and he's only 3 inches away...I don't think he'd like the ride at all, but he thinks he will... crazy boys.

Ayden is doing pretty good, thanks for asking. We did go through a really rough time last year. After a lot consults with is Dr, teachers etc....his Dr did diagnose him as having Opposition Defiancy Disorder (O.D.D.) It has been EXTREMELY challenging...BUT I will say this, I'm thankful to have a "name" to it because I feel like I have the tools now to deal with it. Before I felt like I was just standing there with this duh look on my face thinking what the heck is wrong with my child? We still have our challenges....but we have made far strides that's for sure. He has had an amazing year academically at school so that's gotta make a momma proud! He turned 5 on Halloween and yes he's VERY tall. His dad is 6'6" so he has big shoes to fill I guess. He just made the cut off for Indy..thank goodness. He sure would have been disapointed if he didn't get to ride it, that one time
Has E been on Star Tours? That's another one Ayden did once and refuses to do again. Chris took him on that...I knew it would make me sick
Old 03-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #77
MommyWithDreams

Ok so forgive me if my days are off, I'm now going by the order in which my pictures were taken.

Here's some fun from ToonTown.

Register to remove

Old 03-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #78
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Oh I'm feeling for you with the O.D.D. we just had a set of siblings (foster kids) & they were both O.D.D. It is very challenging.....

Ayden seems to really like his trip so far. He's so cute in the pics in ToonTown!!! I love watching the kids play with all the knobs, buttons, etc there.

Hooray for the Indy thing!!! Did he like it? My 7 yr old freaked out in the queing area, but hubby made him ride it anyways. He loved it!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #79
MommyWithDreams

The Fairy Godmother was a bit "snippy"....we were in line waiting our turn for pictures when one of those moms that "pretends to not see the line" comes right up in front of us pushing her son to the Fairy Godmother. I stepped back and said to DH, gosh I guess there wasn't a line afterall. The Fairy Godmother spoke up saying oh she was in line earlier it's quite alright now isn't it? I mean it just really surprised me that she came back with such a snippy comment. Oh well...... she needed another dosing of pixie dust!

Another fun DIS tip I learned about was asking to ride with the captain on the Mark Twain. We were the first ones in line for the boat and the guy loading us said to just head upstairs as it's first come first serve. What a nice treat.....I wish we had gotten pictures of the little room up there where we were told Walt spent a lot of time. The black and white pictures on the wall were pretty neat too. Ayden was a little shy....the captain asked him if he wanted to sound the whistle....Ayden just shook his head no. He asked Chris and he was very happy to do so. Chris said that pretty much just made his trip. It was a beautiful view. In all my times to DL as a kid, I don't remember riding the Mark Twain. We kinda felt like we were in a world all our own. We could hear the music but that's all............it was really fun. It was a nice ride that allowed me to just take it all in from a different view.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #80
MommyWithDreams

Guess I'm almost to the end since I'm at Thursday of my pictures. We went straight to Pixie Hollow at rope drop...still a 45 minute wait since I believe it was a MM and there was already a line formed. One of those things that we did once and probably wouldn't do it again. The line is cute...lots of little Pixie Fairies to see etc etc. We first saw Silvermist...she was friendly and did chat with Ayden about how boys pose for pictures. Tinkerbell....cute I guess, but really into herself. Not at all what I expected. The picture of me with her is horrible I couldn't even post it. It makes me look like an ogre next to her.
It was 45 minutes we could never get back LOL

Old 03-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #81
MommyWithDreams

Next to come.....lunch at Cafe Orleans...yummmmmy and the Adventure of Big Thunder Mountain when it broke down on us. Fun pictures for that
Stay tuned
Old 03-18-2009, 08:34 PM   #82
Michelle2
Disneyland will always and forever hold a special place in my heart
Travel is my obsession
poop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
Ayden is doing pretty good, thanks for asking. We did go through a really rough time last year. After a lot consults with is Dr, teachers etc....his Dr did diagnose him as having Opposition Defiancy Disorder (O.D.D.) It has been EXTREMELY challenging...BUT I will say this, I'm thankful to have a "name" to it because I feel like I have the tools now to deal with it. Before I felt like I was just standing there with this duh look on my face thinking what the heck is wrong with my child? We still have our challenges....but we have made far strides that's for sure. He has had an amazing year academically at school so that's gotta make a momma proud! He turned 5 on Halloween and yes he's VERY tall. His dad is 6'6" so he has big shoes to fill I guess. He just made the cut off for Indy..thank goodness. He sure would have been disapointed if he didn't get to ride it, that one time
Has E been on Star Tours? That's another one Ayden did once and refuses to do again. Chris took him on that...I knew it would make me sick
I understand what you are going through. Our youngest DS6 is in the process of being diagnosed too (with something different though), and for me it will be a huge help to put a name with it and get him the help and accomodations he needs. It has been very challenging.
Love the pictures, and your son is so cute! My son was tall enough to go on alot of rides before most other kids his age too, and when he finally let sisters talk him into trying them, he loved them!
Old 03-18-2009, 09:58 PM   #83
pmama
DIS Veteran

Wow, great tip about the Mark Twain river boat. That does look like an amazing, unique experience for your family. Did you have a strategy to be the first on the boat?

Also, Pixie Hollow pictures turned out too cute. My girls can't wait for this. Is Pixie Hollow open during MM or do people in the park from MM just line up early?
pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:05 PM   #84
DizNee Luver

We asked about being in the Wheelhouse as well & were asked to come back for the next trip & we'd be allowed to do so (they already had guests that trip). I had a ball up there, blowing the horn & ringing the bell.....just like a kid!!!
We lucked out on the Pixie Hollow thing, we got there & it said 30 minutes, but we were in & out in about 20mins. Cute, but not a ton of interaction. I did like that they only sent one family at a time. Your Tinkerbell looks like a little girl...... ours looked a bit older than that.
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

Old 03-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #85
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Wow, great tip about the Mark Twain river boat. That does look like an amazing, unique experience for your family. Did you have a strategy to be the first on the boat?

Also, Pixie Hollow pictures turned out too cute. My girls can't wait for this. Is Pixie Hollow open during MM or do people in the park from MM just line up early?
We didn't really have a strategy. We were walking by when we saw the boat coming around the corner so we headed right over to get in line. When we went the crowds were very low so it wasn't much of an effort to head right up the stairs to ask.

Pixie Hollow isn't open during MM, that's just when the line started. It was cute...but not something I'd want to wait 45 minutes for again.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:07 PM   #86
MommyWithDreams

Cafe Orleans and Thunder Mountain Breakdown

One of my favorite places to eat at in DL is Cafe Orleans. I guess I just love sitting in the heart of New Orleans Square people watching. We have always lucked out and have gotten excellent service. This time was no different...at least for the first half. Towards the end we felt forgotten about. Took her forever to come clear our plates. We wanted to order biegnets and it took forever for us to just order them. DBF had the Monte Cristo. Although I love them.....I can never finish one and I'm just as satisfied with a few heavenly bites...which he always lets me have anyway. I had soup and salad...I LOVE their French Onion soup and the salad is soooo yummmmy! My son had the Mack & Cheese. Here are a few pics of lunch....

Finally our beignets...I seriously could probably eat these all by myself. They sure are messy...but they sure are worth it!

These were just some silly pictures during lunch. The one of me is called "Mommy Meltdown"..............this is what I do after Ayden asks if we can ride Big Thunder Mountain again....and again, and again. Yea he kinda liked it, TOO MUCH!

So speaking of Big Thunder...guess what we rode right after lunch. The ride started out like all the others...but coming around the last turn right before going up the last hill inside the mountain the train came to a stop. A little unsettling at first but at least we weren't on the "runaway train part". After a minute or two they came on over the loud speaker saying a cast member would be by to help us out. We took that time to take some pictures of things you're usually going by too quick to get pictures of. As we were getting off the "mom" in me asked "so this will be safe to ride later right". The CM chuckled and said "yes, the train is perfectly safe". He also said this is what happens when a guest doesn't follow the rules. It causes the train to be shut down for an hour before they can open it again. So my guess is ...Some idiot either stood up, leaned out...or did something "dumb" which caused everyone to lose out. Anyway...better safe than sorry, go Disney! I took some shots on the way out....until they told us not to take any flash photography.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:35 AM   #87
DizNee Luver

Those were some great shots on BTMRR, which by the way is my all-time favorite ride!!!! Bummer you had to get off, but bonus you had your camera ready!! We noticed that BTMRR "breaks" down quite often....now I have to wonder if it truly is a breakdown or yet another dumb-dumb breaking the rules?!!!!!
Thanx for sharing those!!

Old 03-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #88
MommyWithDreams

I promise I am going to finish this...I have just been so so so sick. I finally decided I needed to stay home today and rest up. Advice nurse said by the sounds of it I have a really bad upper respiratory infection and if I don't take it easy it's going to be on it's way to walking pnuemonia. I am more than likely going to stay home tomorrow too. But without a doubt I WILL be back to finish my TR as soon as I can....I'm almost done anyway
Old 03-26-2009, 09:51 AM   #89
DorkyDisneyMom
I will have to look tomorrow to see if my neighbors posted about me
I just don't like to do it by myself

I read your first trip report. I remember how excited you were.

I am late to your second one. It looks like you had a great time. We are going to try Cafe Orleans this time. I keep hearing great things about this place.

Get some rest and get well soon!

Your little guy is adorable!
Old 03-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #90
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
I promise I am going to finish this...I have just been so so so sick. I finally decided I needed to stay home today and rest up. Advice nurse said by the sounds of it I have a really bad upper respiratory infection and if I don't take it easy it's going to be on it's way to walking pnuemonia. I am more than likely going to stay home tomorrow too. But without a doubt I WILL be back to finish my TR as soon as I can....I'm almost done anyway
Oh my gosh.....take care of yourself!!!! Lots of rest & fluids. I've had walking pnemonia & it takes months to get over!!!!
We will wait on the TR......your health comes first!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: