Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #16
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

How exciting to already have the next trip planned & during the holidays....I'm so jealous!!
We'll be coming in to town on your last day...so have all those rides warmed up for us (and the weather.....)
I loved your bubble idea....we did a paper chain (a really long one) in 2005 for our son (then 3). We told him we were going in February & our trip was not until the end of June. Needless to say the chain ran down our hallway & back in thru the dining room when we started. But.... it really helped him understand when we were going.
If your son is a huge Cars fan, he'll love the Pixar Play Parade. We got to see it last March & my son (now 7) was absolutely coming unglued when he saw Lightning & Matar and the Incredibles. Its fun to listen to him on our video of the parade....
Have a magical trip!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #17
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
How exciting to already have the next trip planned & during the holidays....I'm so jealous!!
We'll be coming in to town on your last day...so have all those rides warmed up for us (and the weather.....)
I loved your bubble idea....we did a paper chain (a really long one) in 2005 for our son (then 3). We told him we were going in February & our trip was not until the end of June. Needless to say the chain ran down our hallway & back in thru the dining room when we started. But.... it really helped him understand when we were going.
If your son is a huge Cars fan, he'll love the Pixar Play Parade. We got to see it last March & my son (now 7) was absolutely coming unglued when he saw Lightning & Matar and the Incredibles. Its fun to listen to him on our video of the parade....
Have a magical trip!!

Thanks DizneeLuver
I'm glad to see I still have a reader, but then again I haven't really posted much lately. About the Pixar Parade....I am soooooooooooo for my son to see it. We missed it last year by just a few weeks. We never even got to see them in the parks. I haven't told him about it yet...just going to be a pleasant surprise. We planned on doing the Pixar Parade on Sunday when we get there. I figured the rush to get out of CA would be worse during the week since the park closes at 6 and the parade is at 5:15. This is the first trip that we don't have a real schedule....and I'm actually liking it. Besides the parade...the only other thing we have is PS at Carnation Cafe and WCT. Everything else we're just going to play by ear.

So here's some details about our Holiday trip. Some may think I'm crazy but.....I'm not thinking about "me" in all this.
We have asked my ex husband to try to join us. Now a little I left him in January of 2006 after I found out he was cheating on me. From 2006 till now he has barely worked. Let's just say he's been unemployed longer during that time than he's actually held down a job. He's been unemployed for the last 10 months now. Supposably looking but I won't hold my breath. Anyway.....he does do a few karaoke jobs a week so he has some income from that but as for any form a child support I get nada. Anyway.......I want Ayden to be able to experience Disneyland with his dad too. As well as I want his dad to have that same experience with Ayden. We are not paying a dime for his way....I just put some figures on paper and told him he'd have 9 months to save some money. He could book a room at HOJO's for two nights...etc etc...anyway my figures came up to a little less than 600 and that's if he chooses to fly and rates are close to what we got this time, although I did round up. Anyway.....9 months to save??? That's not bad and if he wants to go bad enough he should be able to find a way. Ok ok so maybe I am thinking of me too.........Chris and I are already thinking about a day of just the two of us in the park to do whatever we want and eat at someplace like Napa Rose. I've never been there but I really want to try it. Anyway....not your typical family vacation....but the bottom line is I am thinking of my son first and I know how much I enjoy the time with him there, I'm sure his dad would as well. If not...then we go and still have the amazing time we always have. Oh and this would DEFINITELY be a surprise for Ayden...he has no clue and I plan to keep it that way.

TEN DAYS TILL DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2009, 08:03 PM   #18
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

I am really enjoying your PTR. I think it is neat that you invited your ex. I don't think I would have the forgiveness in me. Good for you!

I am looking forward to more.

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:15 PM   #19
DizNee Luver

Well I applaud you for looking past the "ex" thing & inviting him to spend the holidays with his son at Disneyland!!! Hopefully he comes up with his part (financially) & follows thru on the plans. I think your son would really love to spend time with his dad at the parks. I wish you all the best of luck in the planning of that trip!!!

Now back to this trip...... are you like totally excited now??? Just days away!!! Have a super magical trip & I'll look forward to reading all about it!!!! (then you'll have to read mine )
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 02-21-2009, 02:43 PM   #20
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
I am really enjoying your PTR. I think it is neat that you invited your ex. I don't think I would have the forgiveness in me. Good for you!

I am looking forward to more.
Oh I didn't say I forgave him LOL. Well I guess I kinda did...I forgave him but I never forgot. This may sound crazy but I'm so thankful everything happened the way it did. It lead me to my DBF Chris. We have been together 2 1/2 years. He's the role model I always wanted my son to have. He stepped up when Ayden's dad stepped down. I love him so much...AND the best thing about it..HE LOVES DISNEYLAND TOO!!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #21
MommyWithDreams

So six more days and we'll be at DL. Why am I feeling sad already? Sad that it's just that much closer to being over. I have a feeling this week at work is just going to drag by, today did at least. Saturday I have volunteered to work the crab feed at my sons school. I committed to that before I committed to Disneyland so there was no backing out. I have to be there at 10 am to set up, home around 2 then back at 4. That leaves poor Chris to do most of the laundry and packing. I feel bad but he seems to be ok with it. I'm also going to miss Ayden's last day at Football camp. I guess it's a good trade.....I miss football but I get 6 days with him in Disneyland.
I keep checking the weather and see rain for a day maybe two. I'm hoping that changes....no two weather sites say the same thing so I'm hoping the one with no rain wins!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:13 PM   #22
Michelle2
Disneyland will always and forever hold a special place in my heart
Travel is my obsession
poop!

I am excited for your trip coming up! I can't wait to hear how it goes since we will be right behind you later in March. Of course our crowds will be worse than yours
It always seems like the last month before a trip always drags by to me. Hang in there!
Old 02-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #23
MommyWithDreams

So there is something I'm dreading about this trip.....the flight.
We fly every year and every year I get anxious about the flight. Granted it's only a little over an hour for us, but I still get very nervous. Panic attack like. It's not fun. Of course I play it cool for my son, he's excited to fly again. Me....I know of the accidents, and lately there have just been one too many.
5 days to go and I'm already worrying myself like crazy over this. It's just a control thing......once that plane accelerates..I have no control.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #24
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
We fly every year and every year I get anxious about the flight. Granted it's only a little over an hour for us, but I still get very nervous. Panic attack like. It's not fun. Of course I play it cool for my son, he's excited to fly again. Me....I know of the accidents, and lately there have just been one too many.
5 days to go and I'm already worrying myself like crazy over this. It's just a control thing......once that plane accelerates..I have no control.
You could always call your doctor & get a little something to take the edge off....I have to do that when I fly.....

Old 02-24-2009, 09:53 PM   #25
Michelle2
Disneyland will always and forever hold a special place in my heart
Travel is my obsession
poop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
I hear ya there! I usually don't have too much of a problem with flying, and even I am nervous lately.

5 days!!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:09 AM   #26
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

Hi!

I'm new to this discussion board, and live in Fair Oaks as well! It is nice to see other Disney fans live around here - sometimes I think I'm the only adult in the neighborhood who would drop everything to spend a few days in Fantasyland!

I'll be going to DL sometime this spring with a friend (first trip with no children), and again in September for a homeschooling conference.

I hope you have a fantastic trip, and look forward to reading your trip report!
Escape2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:57 AM   #27
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
Hi!

I'm new to this discussion board,
Welcome to the boards!!!!! A Place Where We ALL LOVE Disneyland!!!

Old 02-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #28
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
Hi!

I'm new to this discussion board, and live in Fair Oaks as well! It is nice to see other Disney fans live around here - sometimes I think I'm the only adult in the neighborhood who would drop everything to spend a few days in Fantasyland!

I'll be going to DL sometime this spring with a friend (first trip with no children), and again in September for a homeschooling conference.

I hope you have a fantastic trip, and look forward to reading your trip report!
Well HOWDY neighbor!!! I have been seeing a lot of people on the boards from Sacramento but not right up the street from me Welcome to the boards...and I'm envious of your trip with no kids. Although I LOVE it with my son....but I can't help but think about an adult only trip as well.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #29
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

I've planned grown-up trips to DL before, but always backed out when I started to feel guilty about living the girls behind. Now that they are 18 and 15, I feel a little better about it! :-)

Have a great time!
Escape2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:59 PM   #30
MommyWithDreams

2 more sleeps...2 more sleeps till Disneyland!!!!!!!!!!!
Lots of pictures to come soon!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: