Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
disneygirl32830
Earning My Ears

Tips for 1-day visit to Disneyland from LA

We won a sweepstakes that will put us in LA for the premiere of "Mars Needs Moms" next month!! And, fortunately, we are able to add a day to our stay so we can visit Disneyland. I am a WDW College Program alum and have visited countless times, so I'm looking for tips on what is a must-see at DL.

Also - we are in desperate need of suggestions on how to get our party of 6 (one in a carseat) from LA to Disneyland.

Thanks all!!
disneygirl32830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

I can't help with the transportation part but my tips would be this:

Try to be there before opening......you can get so much done in the first few hours the park is open. It's a great time to hit Fantasyland...this "land" is busy all day & night.....so getting there at opening will allow you to ride a few of those rides before the crowds make the waiting time too long.

Also gather FP's early.....we like to gather them early in the day & save them for late afternoon & evenings when the parks are at their busiest.

Things to see:

Take a look above the fire station on Main Street to see the gas lamp in the window. This used to be Walt's apartment & they keep it lit in his honor.

Adventureland.......ride the Indiana Jones ride.....the theming & queing area is just fabulous.

New Orleans Square......ride Pirates of the Caribbean & then walk around the area & check out the little shops & maybe catch some entertainment.

Frontierland....if you have time for a show....catch the Billy Hill & the Hillbillies at the Golden Horseshoe. You can get your lunch in there & watch a very funny & entertaining show.

I don't know if you plan on park hopping & also going to California Adventure.......but if you do.....don't miss Soarin' Over California!

The Animation Building is also a wonderful thing to check out.

If you plan on being there into the evening hours......the new World of Color show is a must! You will need a FP for this show. You can either get a FP at opening from the FP machine up by Grizzly River Run or you can pre-order a picnic meal from the disneyland.com website or you can plan on a nice dinner at either Ariel's Grotto or Wine Country Trattoria.

I'm not sure you'd have time, just doing one day....but the Aladdin musical is broadway caliber & something we love doing each trip.

These are just a few ideas & some of our favorites.....hopefully others will reply & give you some more ideas.

Hope you have a *+*+*Magical*+*+* time!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
disneygirl32830
Earning My Ears

Thank you!
disneygirl32830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
My<3BelongsToMickey
Earning My Ears

DixNee Luver pretty much hit the nail on top of the head! A few echoes/ additions I would include are:

- Start early, and remember that DL and DCA have separate Fastpass networks, so getting an FP at one park doesn't affect your timing at the other.

- If you can, ride Space Mountain at DL (It is so much different (updated) that the one and WDW!)

- Indiana Jones is great.

- If you love coasters, make sure to go on California Screamin'. This ride is great because the line generally moves pretty quickly!

- Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular is an absolute MUST in my opinion. I passed by it for years, and then last year finally went. Best decision I ever made! And it's a great break from the day to be able to sit down in an air-conditioned auditorium

Have so much fun on your trip!!!
My<3BelongsToMickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: