Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
kaleighmariesmom
DIS Veteran

Super 8 Motel? anyone ever stay here?

Like a fool I booked a hotle without reading posts on here first. Now I am freaking out, is it too far away ? is it decent enought to stay at? ahhhh I wish I read here first.

kaleighmariesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
mrsmeyer
my kids will witness the magic for the 1st time!!!!

If if makes you feel any better I did the exact same thing, except at a different hotel. I was scared at first, especially after reading some reviews but I am not scared anymore. Our trip will be magical!!!! We will be fine, we will survive and I will make the most of it. We'll see how it goes and I will post my experience for others to gain insight.....paying it foward. I have learned so much on this site...love it!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
kaleighmariesmom
DIS Veteran

i was on here like a nut when we went to WDW. It didnt even cross my mnd to check this out bedofre we went to DLR. I think I booked it quick before my DH changed his mind and said no!

kaleighmariesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
BrerMama
DIS Veteran

I had booked a room there almost a decade ago. It's a bit of a ways away, around the corner on Katella (I think) It's just your average Super 8 (although around here, most of the Super 8's have indoor corridors and the one in Anaheim has outdoor corridors). I ended up cancelling once we arrived because they were doing construction and wouldn't have water for portions of every day and I thought that was crazy. It's definitely far enough that I think walking would be quite an undertaking. On the other hand, there's a strip mall with restaurants right in front of it for a quick bite (I think a convenience store, too).
May/June 2007 Port Orleans Riverside
May/June 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
December 2000 Walt Disney World Offsite
BrerMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #5
platypus67
Mouseketeer

We stayed there back in Mar 2003. It certainly was nothing special, but it was clean. It is quite a distance, but we didn't mind the walk except for the for the fact that it was freezing at night, but that just made us walk quicker.
Personally I wouldn't book there again, not because of any bad experience but because we have found hotels we prefer over this one. We now try to book closer to the park as my hubby seems to suffer more from jet lag than myself or dd and it makes it easier for us to leave him behind and do our own thing on the first couple of days.

WDW Mar77 Day Trip, DLR Dec98 Best Western Pavillions, DLR Mar03 Super 8 Motel, DLR Dec05 Comfort Inn Maingate WDW Dec07 All Star Movies, DLR Oct08 Best Western Anaheim Inn, DLR OCT09 Howard Johnson's, WDW Dec 2010 All Star Music, DLR Dec 2011 Solo Trip Best Western Anaheim Inn DLR Jan 2013 Solo Best Western Anaheim Inn, Dec 2013 WDW All Star Music, Jan 2014 DLR Best Western Anaheim Inn
platypus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #6
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Which one did you book? There are 2 close to DL, one on Katella, one on Disneyland Drive. I've heard they are both decent but I haven't stayed at either. Did you get the non cancel ressies? If not cancel and book someplace else.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: