Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
tinkerbell_mom
Mouseketeer

Hoop Dee Doo Review - How early to arrive

In March, we have tickets to the early Hoop Dee Doo Review for the 5:00 show. How early do we need to arrive? We are staying at POFQ, what is the easiest way to get to the Hoop Dee Doo? We were thinking go to Magic Kingdom and take the boat over? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by tinkerbell_mom; 02-04-2009 at 04:54 PM. Reason: typo in time
tinkerbell_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
brendaziz
DIS Veteran

when u pick up your tickets at the concierge during the trip they will tell you what time you need to be there. They take pictures early and stuff so adhere to whatever they ask- but I dont think you need to arrive much earlier than what they tell you. I believe it was about an hour b4 the show though.
There's lots of stuff nearby for kids to play w/ while you wait- playgorund, gameroom and stuff- and there's also an area that sells souveniers and stuff.

Loved that whole show- only complaint was that the Sangria was NOT very good. :-)
caribbean beach resort (1 x)
boardwalk (2 x-including a Disneymoon!)
boardwalk villas (1 x)
ak lodge (2 xs)
wilderness lodge (2 xs)
fw campgrounds (3 xs)
grand floridian (1 x)
pop century (3 xs)
FW cabins (1 x)

Me, DH, DS6, DS4, & DS1
brendaziz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2009, 05:04 PM   #3
joeyandangiesmom
Earning My Ears

Just remember it takes time to get there, no matter what road you take !

If you take a bus to FW, you will need to take another bus to the back. If you go to MK, you will need to take the boat to FW - which also stops at WL and Contemporary. We like to get to WL and walk the nature path over!

PS...try the Merlot next time....THAT is good
joeyandangiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
grumpalina
Mouseketeer

the most direct route from POFQ to HDDR (we've gone twice recently) is bus to MK then boat. We tried boat to DTD then bus to FW & it seemed to take forever, especially changing buses. Taking the boat from MK didn't stop anywhere but FW- maybe it depends on time of day?

We arrived sometime around 4:45 & had plenty of time to check in, do pictures, go to the bathroom & check out the playground before they opened the doors.

Enjoy the show- we have such a great time there! I'm a big fan of the sangria
grumpalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:34 PM   #5
Mommyto2boys
Mouseketeer

You need to give yourself about an hour to get there!!

Mommyto2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:33 PM   #6
HappyDznyCamper
Happily camping since 1972
Was a witness to the great tag fest at the Fort!

For any resort to resort transportation always allow about 1 hour. If you want your picture done, then yes arrive 30 to 40 min early, otherwise get there about 10 min early. Your table is assigned before you even get there, so arriving early won't change that, plus they don't start seating until 5pm.
As for the boat from MK to FW it is your best bet and is a direct trip. There is another boat that goes in a loop from FW to WL to CR to FW(but never to MK). WL also has a direct boat to/from MK that uses the same MK dock, so please read the signs and get on the FW boat.
HappyDznyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #7
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

They will tell you to line up with your entire party. They do this to check you in, then they want to take your picture as a group then will come around during the meal and attempt to sell you the picture package Feel free to skip the picture
Old 02-05-2009, 03:27 PM   #8
abbyar
Mouseketeer

We're doing HDDR the first night we're there - can we get a photopass with the group photo on it??
abbyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #9
monicastanner
Mouseketeer

Was there last month (2nd time) and went from PO - Riverside. Picked up tickets there. We just drove b/c we'd been napping and didn't need an hour to get there. It takes about 8 minutes to drive there, it's literally down the road from the Port Orleans resorts. (Turning right out of the resorts, then following signs. NOT going back through Magic Kingdom gates) We couldn't believe how close we were. We ended up driving that direction to the Contemporary too. Once there we waited on their bus system about 5 minutes and the ride is about 5 minutes. It's so huge there and they have their own internal system. I think we left about 25 minutes before and still had plenty of time.

Anyhow... have done the bus to MK thing before and take a boat. You have to allow at least an hour. You don't need to be there that early, but you may have to wait here or there on something a few extra minutes.

We've also gone over there from Shades of Green. We took bus to TTC and then monorail to Contemporary. Hung out there for a few minutes and then took boat from Contemporary to Fort Wilderness. It was an evening where we had no plans and a few hours to kill. I think we allowed about 2 hours or so just to take an easy route. We saw Peter Pan on the dock at the Contemporary Resort too, neat!

If you eat early and have time to kill that night.... You can also take boat back to Contemporary and watch the fireworks @ the Magic Kingdom if you time it right that night. You could also see the night water pageant parade on the water, again if you timed it right. I think it gets there a little later though. Depends on what show you see and how late you mind hanging out.
We are always looking for "free entertainment" and things to do that aren't just "park related".

They do really have buses waiting after every show to get everyone back where they need to go pretty quickly. They have buses waiting for all destinations. Kinda thoughtful of them.

Have so much fun, this is one of our favorite things to do and we went in January and are going back in November with family. Can't wait to share it with them!!
1999-2010 = 21 trips & counting, on property with hubby, friends & family too!
Contemporary 2Xs, Caribbean Beach 1X, Pop 1X, All Star Sports 3Xs, Port Orleans FQ 2X's, Port Orleans Riverside 4X, Shades of Green 8Xs
Disney Wonder 2Xs - Sept. 05 & Sept. 07[/FONT]
monicastanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #10
yogiyb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicastanner View Post
Was there last month (2nd time) and went from PO - Riverside. Picked up tickets there. We just drove b/c we'd been napping and didn't need an hour to get there. It takes about 8 minutes to drive there, it's literally down the road from the Port Orleans resorts. (Turning right out of the resorts, then following signs. NOT going back through Magic Kingdom gates) We couldn't believe how close we were. We ended up driving that direction to the Contemporary too. Once there we waited on their bus system about 5 minutes and the ride is about 5 minutes. It's so huge there and they have their own internal system. I think we left about 25 minutes before and still had plenty of time.

Anyhow... have done the bus to MK thing before and take a boat. You have to allow at least an hour. You don't need to be there that early, but you may have to wait here or there on something a few extra minutes.

We've also gone over there from Shades of Green. We took bus to TTC and then monorail to Contemporary. Hung out there for a few minutes and then took boat from Contemporary to Fort Wilderness. It was an evening where we had no plans and a few hours to kill. I think we allowed about 2 hours or so just to take an easy route. We saw Peter Pan on the dock at the Contemporary Resort too, neat!

If you eat early and have time to kill that night.... You can also take boat back to Contemporary and watch the fireworks @ the Magic Kingdom if you time it right that night. You could also see the night water pageant parade on the water, again if you timed it right. I think it gets there a little later though. Depends on what show you see and how late you mind hanging out.
We are always looking for "free entertainment" and things to do that aren't just "park related".

They do really have buses waiting after every show to get everyone back where they need to go pretty quickly. They have buses waiting for all destinations. Kinda thoughtful of them.

Have so much fun, this is one of our favorite things to do and we went in January and are going back in November with family. Can't wait to share it with them!!
Thanks for all the tips!! We are staying at POR in May. We are planning to see the show on our Animal Kingdom day and are currently planning to take the bus from there to WL. Since there's a good possiblity that we'll be finished with AK earlier than planned I appreciate the tips on how to get to FW quickly from POR.

Last edited by yogiyb; 02-10-2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: sentence structure
yogiyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #11
thehails
Mouseketeer

We went there last Thursday and were told to arrive between 4.15 and 4.30pm. This is much too early if you dont want your picture taken by them. You get checked in and then told to go and have a look around Fort Wilderness whilst you wait for the doors to open at 5pm, they also advise you not to queue at the door in advance as you have pre-assigned seating anyway.

I'm sure if the weather is nice its a lovely place to look around but when it was as cold as it was last week, we were not impressed with having to kick our heels for 3/4 in the cold
thehails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #12
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

Wink Hoope De doo show

We had the 930pm show last month. They did not open the doors until 930pm. I would think it would be the same. Yes we went to MK and cought the boat.
Lexi
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #13
PrincessNewsie
DIS Veteran

Is the picture a photo pass pic, or is it a separate photo?

Has anyone been to the 930PM show? Is it an older crowd?

Also, what's not to like about sangria?

We're going for our Honeymoon w/o kids and I'm just making sure we'll still have an ok time !
PrincessNewsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #14
chrissyhomeschools4
"The most important thing is family." -Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznLexi View Post
We had the 930pm show last month. They did not open the doors until 930pm. I would think it would be the same. Yes we went to MK and cought the boat.
Lexi
You mentioned that you caught the boat from MK to HDDR for the 9:30 show. How long did you allow to get there? I have a friend traveling who is going to try and leave in order to see the 9pm Wishes from the boat while riding over to Fort Wilderness for the HDDR. Do you think getting to the boat dock at 8:45 is pushing it too close? I hate for her to miss the fireworks, but also don't want her to be late, but also they don't want the picture or to wait around for a long time for pre-assigned seats. what do you think? They're only there for 4 days and this is the only MK day!

Blessings,
Chrissy and Jason

ds 15 years dd 13 years ds 9 years ds 6 years

All Star Music - HS Band Trip 1985
Off Site March 1997
Port Orleans (Dixie Landing) Dec 2000
Disneyland Off-Site Dec 2001
Grosvner June 2002
Off Site Dec 2003 for 2 wonderful weeks with new baby
Off Site June 2004
Off Site Oct 2004
Pop Century September 2005
Pop Century September 2006
Pop Century September 2007
Pop Century September 2008
Contemporary December 2009
Disney Magic Dec 2009 Western Caribbean-1st Cruise!
Beach Club January 2010
Polynesian September 2010
Disneyland - Paradise Pier March 2011
Disney Wonder March 2011 Mexican Riviera
Contemporary June 2011
DL - Grand Californian September 2011
Fort Wilderness Cabin December 2011
Coronado Springs March 2012
Disney Fantasy Pre-Innaugural March 2012
DL Paradise Pier Carsland Grand Opening June 13-15
DL Grand Californian Aug 2012
WDW Labor Day Weekend Art of Animation Sept 2012
DL - Disneyland Hotel Oct 2012
DCL Magic Oct 27, 2012 Western Caribbean Galveston
DCL Magic Dec 15, 2012 Western Caribbean Galveston
WDW Dec 5-6, 2012 New Fantasyland Grand Opening Beach Club
Aulani March 2013
WDW Polynesian July 2013 - surprise for youngest two
WDW Polynesian September 201319th anniversay
DCL Wonder December 14,2013 Bahamian Christmas
WDW AofA Mar 2014
chrissyhomeschools4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #15
HelenParr
DIS Veteran

8:45 would be really pushing it to get in line at MK dock is there is a line for the boat -- otherwise, wiht no line, it is only sort of pushing it. You may already know, but there is a fairly good view of Wishes from the dock at FW. Many watch from there every night. Perhaps that would work for your friend -- the walk to Pioneer Hall from there is 5 minutes tops. We go to 9:30 HDDR often and try to see Wishes at the FW dock and then walk over.

If there is potential for her to be late -- be sure you have cell phones, or she will have trouble finding you once you are inside!

Pictures are usually wrapped up well before 9:15. (And you have to buy them to have a photopass number assigned to it).
HelenParr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: