Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
mollygirl
Mouseketeer

We saw an alligator at CSR!

We just got home on Sunday from a week at CSR... it was wonderful!

We arrived at 3:00pm and the front desk clerk thought he recognized my name...then he remembered that he had read my fax and assigned us a room earlier. He said he always tries to honor requests that come in because the guest has gone to the trouble to put in a fax.

Unfortunately, the room he had assigned to us was given away before we arrived so he took his time and found us another one. We were in room 8604 in Cabanas 8B. Excellent location! The bus stop was steps away, pool a very quick walk and the lobby area just a short walk.

This was our view:

Our room wasn't ready so we headed to the main pool for a drink and on the way, we saw a baby alligator by the bridge:

<oops, can't find the picture...will post later>

Our room was ready within a half hour and our luggage arrived about a half hour after that (we used DME).

We went to the hottub almost every night - DH always stayed much later than me. Most nights there was a great mix of people and DH loves to talk so he made lots of friends. Security left them alone and told them they could stay as late as they wanted as long as they didn't get a noise complaint. Taking our drinks to the hottub was not a problem.

One word of warning though - DH came home with a wicked chemical burn from being in the hottub too long! This is not a criticism of CSR and their use of chemicals in the tub, it is necessary. But don't stay in the for 4 hours each night...it hurts

I walked the whole way around the resort one afternoon and took some pics. Here are some of my faves:

Ranchos area (I liked the theming way more than I thought I would)

The Casitas area (Casitas 4 and 5 were further away from the pool than I expected)

El Centro (main lobby area)

The Pepper Market (we ate there once - shared the fajitas. we just asked for an extra tortilla and it was more than enough for two):

Around the resort:

I love that the coke machines at Disney are themed to the area they are in. Here's the one at our bus stop:

We loved the resort and would recommend it. Anyone have any questions?
mollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Mollygirl, thank you so much for posting and so glad you enjoyed your stay at CSR!!!

And thank you for sharing the absolutely GREAT pictures!

Register to remove

Old 02-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #3
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Thank you Thank you Thank you

I just love your pictures and review.

We are torn between Casita's and Cabana's.

CSR will be our moderate WDW resort choice.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #4
IndianaJ
Mouseketeer

I hope we see an alligator! My DH has been to Florida three times, and has yet to see one in the wild. He teases that people make this stuff up.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
DoryDorito
Mouseketeer

TFS the pictures. I can't wait for our trip to CSR in December! You my dear put me "in the mood" again! I really hope we see an alligator.
DoryDorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #6
10yrsApart
Earning My Ears

Gorgeous pictures! I can't wait, 3 more days and we'll be there
10yrsApart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Hey is that a picture of a new mug or an old mug. I like that style but all I ever saw was the stupid car mugs that are smaller on the bottom.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:17 AM   #8
Wild4Walt
DIS Veteran

Awesome review and pics!

POR Oct 14 / POP Oct 12 / Poly Oct 12 / CBR Nov 11 / POR Oct 10 /Pop May 10/Poly Nov 09 / CBR Mar 09 / BWI - Feb 09 / BC- Oct 08 / POFQ - Feb 08 / SSR- Dec 07 / POR - Oct 07 / Poly Oct 05
Wild4Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:53 AM   #9
sarehm
Boston Terriers Rule!

Great pictures now I'm really excited to be staying at CSR in less than 3 weeks!
Make sure you post the pic of the gator!!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #10
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Hey is that a picture of a new mug or an old mug. I like that style but all I ever saw was the stupid car mugs that are smaller on the bottom.
That is the mug that CSR has been selling for years (they used to have a KING size one--it was huge). CSR is the only resort with their own mugs.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Great pictures - thanks! Did you have any problems with transportation? I love the feel of the resort but I'm unsure of the buses.

Terri

TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #12
Mickee
Mouseketeer

Awesome..,We'll be there tomorrow for 9 days

Thx for pics.. I'll try and find the Alligator for the children also...

Can't wait..Hope to do some daily reports.....that is if the Daddy Juice doesn't kick in too early no telling what I would write then..but I'll do my best to give an overview of what where & when...

Thanks again for the lift..needed it after the 8 inches of snow... I'll show the family when I get home tonight....
CBR: 05/04 10 Days
DCL Wonder 2/2005
DCL Double Dip CC Magic 9/2006
CSR 2/09 10 Days
CCL 4/10
Mickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:46 PM   #13
mollygirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGERmetoo View Post
Great pictures - thanks! Did you have any problems with transportation? I love the feel of the resort but I'm unsure of the buses.
I'm glad you all liked my post - I wasn't sure about all the pics...

We had no trouble at all with busses. THe bus stop was super close to our room and there were busses constantly. If you go expecting one to be there the minute you arrive at the bus stop, you will be constantly frustrated. But we always planned to wait about 10 mins and were usually on our bus before that.

Returning to the resort was even better - busses were very quick and never crowded. We only had to stand once - on our way back from MK on a Saturday night.

I have no complaints about the bus service at CSR. I'm more than happy to wait a couple minutes for a bus if it means I don't have to deal with parking, finding my way around Disney, and walking through a huge parking lot.

BTW - CSR was very central. The longest bus ride was to DTD. Everything else was a very short bus ride away.
mollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #14
BrerRabbit_fan
DIS Veteran

I was there last week as well. We were in Cabanas 9A. It was so peaceful. I wanted to check out the Ranchos but had no energy. Thanks for showing your pics.
BrerRabbit_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #15
shellybaxter
Dis Veteran
Disney Restaurants for one hundred Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygirl View Post

We arrived at 3:00pm and the front desk clerk thought he recognized my name...then he remembered that he had read my fax and assigned us a room earlier. He said he always tries to honor requests that come in because the guest has gone to the trouble to put in a fax.
And the pendulum has swung back the other way.

When I first went to WDW (in 2002) it was all the rage to send a faxed room request. About a year or so later reports started coming out about room assigners being overwhelmed with faxes and "throwing them in the trash". I believe even sites like Allears were saying not to send the faxed requests any longer.

People apparently listened and the volume of faxed requests has dropped to a reasonable level so resorts are paying attention again. I predict that as this information get out on the net again the cycle will repeat itself.
shellybaxter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: