Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #856
kappyfamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Seen on easywdw on the 28th:

"The lack of a February 2014 operating schedule is probably not good news. Hopefully we’ll see something tomorrow. A schedule is not available internally either."
what the heck does that mean!! I'm wondering if it has something to do with them switching around the Princess Half marathon weekend. I know they added an extra race, the 10k, so that added an additional day that roads have to be closed and what not.... hmmm. very strange! of course it's the month I'm going and waiting for!
Rock N Roll Portland- Done!: Seattle 1/2 - Done!: Rock N Roll Arizona - Done!: Heartbreaker 1/2 Portland - Done!: Lincoln City 1/2 - Done! Eugene 1/2 - Done! Vancouver USA 1/2- Done! Foot Traffic Flat 1/2 Oregon - Done! Oregon Wine Country 1/2 - Done! The Oregon 1/2 - Done! Portland 1/2 Marathon - Done! Rock N Roll Vegas - Done! Portland Holiday Half - Done!

Going for finishing 45 half marathons by 45!

--Dig Deep

Me , DH , DS19 , DD12
kappyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #857
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

Not good news?! That sounds ominous. What could possibly be wrong???? Now I'm stressed.

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #858
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
Not good news?! That sounds ominous. What could possibly be wrong???? Now I'm stressed.
"Due to guest demand, Walt Disney World will be closed for refurbishment February 1 to 28, 2014. See you in March!"

I would interpret "not good news" to really mean some kind of changes to the park hours as compared to previous Februaries, and they are still working on it. Only a guess.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic

Last edited by jcarwash; 07-29-2013 at 08:25 PM.
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #859
amylevan
DIS Veteran

I'm trying very hard to be patient. But it's not working. We are planning a Jan/Feb vacation and I can start making dining reservations tomorrow!!!!! But without February hours, I am lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I think I need help...is there an over-planner support group?)
2007 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2008 - Fort Wilderness
2010 (x2) - Fort Wilderness
2012 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Fort Wilderness
amylevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #860
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylevan View Post
I'm trying very hard to be patient. But it's not working. We are planning a Jan/Feb vacation and I can start making dining reservations tomorrow!!!!! But without February hours, I am lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I think I need help...is there an over-planner support group?)
I'm feeling the same way. ADRs open up Monday for me and I'm not even close to ready.
zy144622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #861
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
"Due to guest demand, Walt Disney World will closed for refurbishment February 1 to 28, 2014. See you in March!"
Knowing my luck...

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #862
UpstateMick
Mouseketeer

I'm pretty sure that the goal was for February 1st was to be the all-in my magic + date, and that EMH are going away once Fastpass + goes online for all and I bet we don't see EMH anymore as of Feb. 2014. Originally, they were shooting for Jan 1st, but now pushed to February. My sister's boyfriend, who is a CM, said they don't even have the Feb schedule yet and that he bets EMH are on they way out.

Caribbean Beach (April 2000) Swan/Dolphin (June 2000) Caribbean Beach (Feb 2007) Coronado Springs (Feb 2010) French Quarter (Feb 2012) Caribbean Beach (Feb 2013) Riverside (Feb 2014) Caribbean Beach (Feb. 2015)
UpstateMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #863
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

Sorry if this has already been asked, but are EMH typically the same as the year before? We are going during Feb vacation & I'm wondering if the Feb 2013 schedule would give me a good idea to start planning???

aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #864
kappyfamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocatz View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked, but are EMH typically the same as the year before? We are going during Feb vacation & I'm wondering if the Feb 2013 schedule would give me a good idea to start planning???
If you read back even just a handful of posts you will see a bunch of us are in the same boat. UGH! The February schedule is 2-3 weeks late being published so "something is up". It's just no one knows what it is yet. Usually looking back to the last February can give you a good idea but now I'm not so sure. There are rumblings that EMH will be going away, so strategy wise that might change some things. Again, no one knows yet, we all just have to stay and wait.....
Rock N Roll Portland- Done!: Seattle 1/2 - Done!: Rock N Roll Arizona - Done!: Heartbreaker 1/2 Portland - Done!: Lincoln City 1/2 - Done! Eugene 1/2 - Done! Vancouver USA 1/2- Done! Foot Traffic Flat 1/2 Oregon - Done! Oregon Wine Country 1/2 - Done! The Oregon 1/2 - Done! Portland 1/2 Marathon - Done! Rock N Roll Vegas - Done! Portland Holiday Half - Done!

Going for finishing 45 half marathons by 45!

--Dig Deep

Me , DH , DS19 , DD12
kappyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #865
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappyfamily View Post
There are rumblings that EMH will be going away
Now THIS would make me VERY cranky!! Not much that Disney has done (whether I've loved it or not) has made me cranky. But THIS would be the thing. I hope that this does not materialize...

Anything substantiating this, or purely a rumor?

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #866
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappyfamily View Post
If you read back even just a handful of posts you will see a bunch of us are in the same boat. UGH! The February schedule is 2-3 weeks late being published so "something is up". It's just no one knows what it is yet. Usually looking back to the last February can give you a good idea but now I'm not so sure. There are rumblings that EMH will be going away, so strategy wise that might change some things. Again, no one knows yet, we all just have to stay and wait.....
Ugh, thank you. I hope not-AVOIDING EMH parks is typically my strategy during vacation weeks to hope for slightly less crowds!

aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #867
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateMick View Post
...EMH are going away once Fastpass + goes online for all
What is this based on?

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #868
lacrownz
Earning My Ears

not sure how accurate this but this was posted last night

easywdw . com had a schedule posted

I can't book ADR's until August 30 for our trip but I'm finding myself frustrated too. I want to know what I'm doing before I go and book anything. Hopefully a solid schedule will be out before then but still...

Perhaps this has to do with the no parades until Spring rumor...but according to this schedule there are still parades so I have no idea.
lacrownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #869
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrownz View Post
easywdw . com had a schedule posted

I can't book ADR's until August 30 for our trip but I'm finding myself frustrated too. I want to know what I'm doing before I go and book anything. Hopefully a solid schedule will be out before then but still...

Perhaps this has to do with the no parades until Spring rumor...but according to this schedule there are still parades so I have no idea.
Right - I noticed the parades are all still listed - which would be a wonderful thing . With that said - I am on the wait and see list and I mean wait....sort of getting use to that

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #870
siskaren
DIS Veteran

You can definitely trust easyWDW. Josh uses the travel agents calendar that Robo in particular says is the most reliable one.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: