Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Smile Where everybody knows Bill’s Name *New 4/6 A picture with a DISer & pimping my PTR**

Handy Dandy Links:

# 1 Introductions (reintroductions)
# 2 New hotel, new problems?
# 3 Happy Place here we come!
# 3 Happy Place here we come! Continued
# 4 Did I ruin the trip on the first day?
# 5 Urgent Emergency
#6 I got some lovin at Epcot!
# 7 DHS, we are back!
OT - Look what Bill did!!
# 8 Time for MVMCP, what could go wrong?
# 9 Super Soap Weekend Day 1
#10 Super Soap Weekend Day 1 continued
#11 Super Soap Weekend Day 2
#11 Super Soap Weekend Day 2 continued
#12 Voices and many pictures
#13 Oh wow!! Then “are you Bill” again??
# 14 The Bill and Babs Show
#15 Pins and final thoughts
Now a life update.....
Some pictures
Tribute to my Mom
A picture with a DISer and pimping my PTR!

Last edited by mrsksomeday; 04-06-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:04 PM   #2
mrsksomeday

# 1 Introductions (reintroductions)

Everyone is probably sick of reading about us, but if we take a trip, I write about it. It feels great to relive the great memories I always have when I am with Bill in our happy place and it keeps me occupied until our next Disney trip.

Who are we you might ask? If you have never read any our trip reports - shame on you, Bill’s smile is really something you should see and often. Links to previous reports are in my siggy.

Here are the introductions (reintroductions):

Me: mrsksomeday aka Tracy, 38 at the time of the trip, OTP - Obsessive (Disney) Trip Planner. I am not happy unless I am pricing, planning, re-planning, or packing for a Disney trip. I don’t know how I got this sickness because I hadn’t even been to Walt Disney World before February 2006. One sniff of the WDW air and I was H O O K E D! Completely addicted and proud of it, except for the fact I can’t keep my mouth shut about the place. I seriously can work the world “Disney” into any conversation. I will find a way to talk about it if given half a chance. I have to find a way to tone that down, eh maybe someday, but it isn’t gonna be today.

Him: mrk_right_now on Enchanted ~ yoda_k on the DIS aka Bill, 38, electronic devices addicted, Disney lover. Bill has Cerebral Palsy, is in a motorized wheelchair and is the funniest, smartest man I have ever known. He is the Disney pusher in the family, I swear it. I caught him looking at flights for March the other day, when we have a trip in June planned, now October since we just changed the dates. He is just as addicted to Disney as I am, he just hides it better.

Here we are at WDW in Oct. 2008:

Dog: Ace aka Acey Basey, 4, anxious, neurotic, and scared of thunderstorms. He loves his “Daddy”, they play and play and play. He comes to me for assurance and snuggles. He is a Jack Russell/Rat Terrier that is about the laziest dog we have ever seen, although he does have short bursts of energy. He is the only Disney “hater” in the family. Why would a dog hate Disney? It is the only thing that takes his Mommy and Daddy away and puts him to the kennel. In fact in 2008 it took him to the kennel for 25 nights.

Here is Ace (my son Josh took this last weekend):

I am thinking we should get some type of frequent visitor discount at the kennel don’t you?

I have written way too many rambling PTR/TR’s and can’t believe anyone would still want to read about us, but a couple of sweet people have asked if I was going to write about our last trip and I thought “why not?”

Cue the flashback music of your choice…the seeds for this trip started in November 2007, sitting in front of the Sorcerer Hat at MGM (yes it was MGM at that time and yes I like to use parentheses when I am talking directly to you) at Super Soap Weekend aka SSW. Bill and I watched the ABC soaps growing up, we still DVR them and watch them together so sue us, we like mindless drama. Anyway, while we were sitting there waiting to watch another soap motorcade we talked about going to the next SSW. Long story short, we changed our 2008 trip to a Star Wars Weekend and Bill’s birthday last June and decided to follow a bunch of Ip-Dips to WDW in October so I thought the SSW trip was out. Little did I know Bill secretly wanted to go and heck I will be honest, I can NOT say no to a Disney trip. So 16 days after we got home from our October trip we headed back to WDW.

Next up…Tracy starts writing about a trip so it will be an actual Trip Report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2009, 11:38 PM   #3
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

First!! (Yay Me!!)

Another Trip Report??
Sick of you?
Heck,NO!
Bring it on, Baby!!!

Kathy
Old 02-01-2009, 06:54 AM   #4
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

I'm going to get in on this one from the start. Much easier to stay caught up!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 02-01-2009, 09:15 AM   #5
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 02-01-2009, 09:25 AM   #6
mypotato
Earning My Ears

This will be the first vacation report I've followed. Looking forward to hearing all about it!
Old 02-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #7
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

I'm in!! Here and there.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #8
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I never spotted you and Bill.
Post your dates if this wasn't for your Nov. TR.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #9
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
First!! (Yay Me!!)

Another Trip Report??
Sick of you?
Heck,NO!
Bring it on, Baby!!!

Kathy
Thank you for being first!! Yay you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I'm going to get in on this one from the start. Much easier to stay caught up!
Hi Carissa!! Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Hi Hedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypotato View Post
This will be the first vacation report I've followed. Looking forward to hearing all about it!
Welcome mypotato to our adventures. I am honored that we are the first TR you are following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
I'm in!! Here and there.
Hello, OMG your trip is so close, are you bouncing off the walls yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post

I never spotted you and Bill.
Post your dates if this wasn't for your Nov. TR.
Hi OhMari!! This report will cover the November trip, we were there from Nov. 12th - 18th 2008. The "Introducing Amy to Walts World" was the Oct. 2008 TR, we were there Oct. 17th - 27th.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #10
mrsksomeday

# 2 New hotel, new problems?

Bill and I are from Southern Illinois, Carbondale to be exact, so we have to take a decent drive to get to an airport. St. Louis is about 2 hours away, Nashville, TN is about 3. It depends on flight prices as to where we go. We like variety, LOL. The trip in October originated in St. Louis, we got a great price from Southwest out of Nashville for November so we went for it.

I usually use hotwire.com to get us a decent price for a hotel the night before our flight. We were trying a different hotel this time: Alexis Inn & Suites. We arrived about 5:45pm, checked in, and were given a handicap accessible room.

It was huge, Bill loved that he had all that room to move around in.

We ordered in from Steak Out, it was great, pulled pork and a loaded baked potato, we shared.

We went out of the room to get a soda and the manager came to talk to us. She asked us how we liked the accessible room; we were the first to be in it since it had been remodeled. She asked if there was anything that should be different. Bill told her about the door handle in the bathroom and she said she would look into changing it.

I asked about the complimentary shuttle. An able bodied person can take the shuttle to the airport and leave their vehicle at the hotel for 7 nights for free and then $5 per night if you are gone longer than that. They didn’t have an accessible shuttle, but the manager said she would find someone to take us to the airport at their expense. Leaving the van at the airport is $10 per day, so that would save us a little chunk of change. They said we should be picked up around 4:30am. We hopped into bed by 9:30pm, we had to be at the airport way too early.

Next installment…Where is the shuttle? Can you believe Mickey makes it all better?
Old 02-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #11
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Wow, I'm boggled the hotel's shuttle wasn't accesible.
By the way, I didn't want to threadjack Kathy's post, but looking at the photos from your meet in 07-you look great! Not just the weightloss, you look happier.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 02-01-2009, 01:21 PM   #12
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Wow, I'm boggled the hotel's shuttle wasn't accesible.
By the way, I didn't want to threadjack Kathy's post, but looking at the photos from your meet in 07-you look great! Not just the weightloss, you look happier.
Many hotel shuttles aren't accessible, I didn't know that until I got together with Bill.

Thanks for saying that, you made my day. I am happier, with life and with myself.

What are your dates in October? According to our countdown tickers we arrive two days after you. We will be there Oct. 25th-30th.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #13
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
We will be there Oct. 25th-30th.

AAArrrghhh!!!!!

The trip I'm scheming for is Oct. 31-Nov. 6!!! We would just miss you!!

(Shaking head and stamping foot loudly.)

Kathy
Old 02-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #14
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
AAArrrghhh!!!!!

The trip I'm scheming for is Oct. 31-Nov. 6!!! We would just miss you!!

(Shaking head and stamping foot loudly.)

Kathy
I just told Bill what you said, he got that look in his eye, the one he gets when he wants me to change dates . I said "Bill, what are you thinking?" He said "Keep things the way they are unless Kathy books a trip then we might change to see if we could stalk, I mean see them again".
Old 02-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #15
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

I'm in.
I enjoy reading your TRs and you always have some good pictures.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: