Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
FirstVisitEver
Mouseketeer

Wonderland Tea Party

Has anyone's child done this? If so, did they enjoy it? And most importantly, do you have any pictures that you don't mind sharing? :O)
Still At The Poly!
FirstVisitEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
lady_hlh
DIS Veteran

Our DD did this last year when she was 6 and she loved it. She had a lot of fun playing games with Alice and the Mad Hatter. She wanted to do it again this year but picked a water park day instead when I made her choose one extra thing. I don't have any pictures of the room set-up but I have seen some really good ones on other posts.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
MeghanNRileysMom
Mouseketeer

oh would you mind posting the pics? I took a ton of pics when we dropped off my two DDs and then accidentally deleted them all off my camera

Jan 2013 HRH 3 Nights DCL Dream 4 Nights
Jan 2012 Beach Club CL 8 Nights
Dec 2010 All Star Sports 11 Nights
July 2010 Emerald Isle Rental Home 11 Nights
April/May 2009 Tampa 2 nights, Rental home 7 nights, Nick Hotel 2 nights (2 nights too long! Yuck!)
Jan 2007 BIL's Wedding in Orlando, sneaking in a few days with the Mouse!
April/May 2005 Polynesian 10 nights Tampa 4 nights
May 2004 BIL's College Graduation from Rollins, sneaking in a few days with the Mouse!
Dec 2003 ASMo 1 night and Polynesian 6 nights
Nov 2002 Polynesian 10 nights
Nov 2002 Hard Rock Hotel 3 nights
Mar 1999 Offsite
May 1993 Offsite Honeymoon
Feb 1979 Offsite with parents
Feb 1978 Offsite with parents
MeghanNRileysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:43 PM   #5
chirogrrl
Planning the next trip...

Our dd (6) and ds (4) went in Oct. 08 and they loved it! They thought it was fun to play with Alice and the Mad Hatter and they had fun with the "surprise" for the grown-ups. It seemed like a pretty good deal for the entertainment they got.

While they were at the party, Dh and I got to have a very quiet and relaxing lunch at the GF

At the end, every kid got a photo with Alice and the Mad Hatter in an autographed folder/frame. I will try and remember to upload it

Sara
/June'85 Offsite
chirogrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #6
fottafamily05
Mouseketeer

I would LOVE to see pics of this...we always stay at the GF and would love to try it for our kids. What is the age for this?

2005- Off Property
2006- Off Property
2007- Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
2007- Off Property
2008- Grand Floridian Resort & Spa/Polynesian
2008- Disneyland CA
2008- Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
2009- Grand Floridian Theme Park View
2009- Coronado Springs Thanksgiving Week
2010- CBR, CSR & SS Mar, Apr & May
2010- CSR Memorial Day Week
fottafamily05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Off to the Wonderland Tea party. It is held at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian. So we bused to MK and then boated over to GF. I was told to get there about 1, but when we got there no one was there to check us in. I noticed another lady and little girl walking in the area too. So we just roamed the lobby a bit till someone came. Of course the camera was out and ready!

About 1:15 two CMís came out and we checked in. The girls that had gathered started to become instant friends. I talked to the CMís a little bit along with a grandmother of another girl. They seemed really nice and fun. They truly seemed to enjoy their job.
At 1:30 they gathered at the door and it was time to go in.

They got to go in and pick a seat. They also were allowed to bring in their autograph books. Good thing I remembered to pack it!

The tables were set up so cute.

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #9
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

The CM told them to take their napkin and put it on their lap.

And then they told them to put there hand in the air.

Now wave it and tell your parents goodbye! LOL!

So I kept taking pictures on my way out and Claire said ďmom, you need to goĒ

I donít know if you all know this or not, but parents CANĒT stay for the party. I was so sad I was missing out on what they would be doing and getting pictures of it. But I knew she would have fun.

So I got her settled in and left. I decided to go upstairs to Mickeyís Mercantile and see if they had the tinkerbell figure to exchange. I walked around and spotted them! YAY! But my bag with broken tink was down in my stroller. So I walked back to get it and as I approached I heard some banging.
When I walked near 1900 PF I see it is Alice and the Mad Hatter banging on the doors to the tea party. Then when the CM would open it they would run to another door and bang on that. They kept doing it and then finally they went in. You could hear the kids all laughing.

I was kind of mad at myself for leaving and missing some great ****s. I only got these by just quickly lifting my camera and they were going so fast. LOL!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #10
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

So after the unexpected sighting of Mad Hatter and Alice I picked up the Tink toy and went back upstairs to return it.
I then decided I was tired of taking pictures with the bag (holding the tink toy) in my hand, so I went down to the stroller to put it in t here.
AGAIN, I lucked out and got a great surprise!
The Mad Hatter had just opened the door and was marching out. At first I thought it must be time for him to leave, but NO! All the kids followed out too.

And her comes Claire, a little unsure, but giggling! And she has those dang fingers in her mouth. A new habit she has for some reason. UGH!

Old 04-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #11
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

So of course the grandma that was waiting and I both grabbed our cameras and ran like wild paparazzi and followed them. LOL! Iím sure we had a crazed look on our faces.

And Alice brought up the rear.

Out through the lobby of the Grand Floridian.

I asked the guy CM if this normally happens. He didnít say yes or no, but kind of made it sound like it doesnít all that time. What he said was ďwell let me tell you the last time we came out the lobby the Mad Hatter jumped in the bird cage.Ē LOL! He said he was pretty crazy.

Look at this guys face. He is totally clueless as to what is going on. LOL! Iím sure he had a story to tell later.

The Mad Hatter was also being really loud and obnoxious. It was funny.

And look at the joy on my little girls face!

Old 04-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #12
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After the parade around the lobby they went outside to the little court yard. The handler stopped me as I was following (the grandma had already gone through) and asked me if I was with this party. I told her well yes, that my DD. She says well we really donít want you taking pictures. UMMMMM TOOOO BAD!
Donít tell me she wouldnít be snapping pictures of her own DD if she was in the same position.
I turned around and just went out another door and snapped away again. LOL!
The grandma was talking to a manager looking guy from GF and was asking if she was enjoying herself. She went on and on how it was so neat to get these pictures and he said he was so glad that we got to see it. Iím going by what he said. LOL!

So on to the outside pictures.

They then did individual pictures of them. The guy CM took their pictures on a point and shoot digital camera. I, of course, shot some of my own.

And this is the one they took.

Claire has a hidden Mickey on her cheek!
(it was a flyaway strand from the pink hair)

And then it was time to go back in.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #13
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After that the grandmother and I sat and chatted. We could hear laughing and all sorts of excitement in the room. I tried to peak through the window. It looked like Alice and the Mad Hatter were gone. It also appeared they were playing hide and seek. The kids were having a blast.

Before long the other parents were returning back to pick up the kids.
The guy CM came out to tell us it was time to get the kids, but he had gotten them to sleep, so walk in quietly.

As we walked in the girls were giggling and shaking from holding in their laughter.

Then they all lift their heads and yell surprise! And they have flowers for their parents. It was so sweet.

Look at this baby face. I just love this picture of her. Sheís still my baby in this picture.

We then gathered up her stuff. She showed me her picture and her autograph book.

It was worth every penny to do this. To see the joy on her face and the joy I felt seeing it, was just priceless. I also got some pictures that most donít get as well.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:01 AM   #14
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

Wow jenseib, thank you so much for the detailed account! My daughter wanted to try this on our summer trip, and after reading your account, I can't wait for her to do it!
Old 04-21-2009, 07:43 AM   #15
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

UGH, photobucket just informed my I went over my band with, so my pictures are not showing up. I'll see if I can fix it, if not it won't be till the first of next month till they show up again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: