Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
mickey'sbud
DIS Veteran
 
mickey'sbud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: GA
Posts: 676

Question ??? Free 500 GC pkg rates for juniors---

Anyone know what the rate is for a Junior (10-17).
I don't think we can get there before my son turns 18...but if we did would his rate as junior be less?
And what about my dd she's 19...would her rate be reduced the $594?
We'd be all in the same room UNLESS we got 2 rooms at a value and could get 2 GC's....Anyone know how it works in a situation like this?????
Thanks!!!!
Oh yeah....it would be 2adults(me&DH), 1adult(19),1junior(17)
mickey'sbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
Luv2Roam
Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.
 
Luv2Roam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 16,389

Quote:
I don't think we can get there before my son turns 18
Sounds like you will be having 4 adults. Am I missing something?
You could be charged additional adult fees, depending on what room type and where you book.
Something like the FW cabins I believe holds up to 6.
Luv2Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-31-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,154

Kids are priced as adults from age 10-17 for tickets and the dining plan, although there is no charge for them in a room with a paying adult.....there is no "junior" price. Once they turn 18 they are considered adults for everything including the room. So with the ages of your kids, if you had one room at a value, mod, or deluxe for the 4 of you, you would be charged the room rate plus an extra fee per night per kid since they are considered adults and there is an extra charge per night per adult over 2 in a room. I'm not sure on the amount, but I think it's either $10 or $15/night per adult for values . I think if you book 2 rooms that each room would get a gift card........but I'm sure someone will come along and verify that or correct me if I'm wrong.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
mickey'sbud
DIS Veteran
 
mickey'sbud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: GA
Posts: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Roam View Post
Sounds like you will be having 4 adults. Am I missing something?
You could be charged additional adult fees, depending on what room type and where you book.
Something like the FW cabins I believe holds up to 6.
I guess I just should of left out that piece of info so it wasn't confusing. You see, he turns 18 about half way during the offer. If we go before he turns 18 then he'd be a junior - still 17.
So I'm wondering if the difference in price makes a big of enough difference in price. You see DD is already NOT a junior and that's one I'm wondering how they price a third adult on this pkg...as well as a junior.

I believe there are rates for juniors and children when you are figuring packages. This is how it has been done in the past. This is NOT the children stay and play free pkg.

This pkg states $594 based on double occupancy...that implies that the rate might be different when you add people....because the room is one price and of course you pay for tickets for each person.....tickets w/ hopper alone for one person is about $278, clearly not $594. It just doesn't add up right when you start adding people to a pkg.....
I'm thinking a value resort at this point.
Did that clear it up?
Thanks
mickey'sbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
mickey'sbud
DIS Veteran
 
mickey'sbud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: GA
Posts: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Kids are priced as adults from age 10-17 for tickets and the dining plan, although there is no charge for them in a room with a paying adult.....there is no "junior" price. Once they turn 18 they are considered adults for everything including the room. So with the ages of your kids, if you had one room at a value, mod, or deluxe for the 4 of you, you would be charged the room rate plus an extra fee per night per kid since they are considered adults and there is an extra charge per night per adult over 2 in a room. I'm not sure on the amount, but I think it's either $10 or $15/night per adult for values . I think if you book 2 rooms that each room would get a gift card........but I'm sure someone will come along and verify that or correct me if I'm wrong.
Are you saying you think WDW would charge for the pkg
$594(2ADs = $1188)
plus the price of DS and DD tickets and
$10-$15/person/day(if 18+) for the room?
mickey'sbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:16 PM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,154

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey'sbud View Post
Are you saying you think WDW would charge for the pkg
$594(2ADs = $1188)
plus the price of DS and DD tickets and
$10-$15/person/day(if 18+) for the room?

I've never booked a special deal like this before, so I'm not sure how Disney is pricing it. Aside from this deal, if you put your own package together you would be charged the room rate plus tickets plus the add'l charge per adult(s) per night over 2. I'm thinking this deal may be a "price per person" as opposed to "price per room" plus tickets for any additional people in the room ? If that's the case, they are giving an example of how much it is per person with the room/tickets included in that price.......which in your case would mean $594 X 4 = $2376; but they may also charge you the additional $10-$15/night/person for each one over 2 in the room.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #7
Luv2Roam
Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.
 
Luv2Roam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 16,389

We always have just two adults in our rooms. So I am going by what I understand. But don't take my word as the gospel.

If one "child" is 17 at check in, he would be a "junior". Meaning he/she would not be charged the additional adult charge. I think that's the only time that junior really has an impact.
So it sounds like at check-in you have 3 adults, and 1 junior.
There will be an additional adult charge for 1 in your party.
At values the additional adult charge is $10 per night; $15 at moderate resorts; $25 at deluxe resorts.

There seems to be disputes and inconsistencies between gift cards being between res' and number of rooms booked. If I wanted to be assured of getting 2 gift cards for two rooms, I would just book two res'.
Luv2Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.