Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2009, 04:06 PM   #61
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Remember how I said Disneyrunning.com is full of great info?

check out the map they have for the Half Marathon - gives great perspective of each mile marker! I still hate Mile 10 -12!!

http://www.disneyrunning.com/NEWHalfCourse2009.pdf
Old 01-31-2009, 04:13 PM   #62
AnnNan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321 View Post
Thanks for reading!!

It gives me goosebumps when something I went thru may inspire someone else!!

BUT I did it - and it wasnt pretty - but I did it!!

Which means YOU CAN DO IT!!

BELIEVE!!
Wow! Great story, Sandy! You made me cry! I'm so proud of you for doing that - it's just huge.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #63
bellaDisneydncr
DIS Veteran

Loved reading this! It was such an inspiration!

Stop by the Fantasyland Forest... I'll tell you some enchanting tales!
Old 02-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #64
2BoysMom
Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think

I just found this today, and it was very inspirational to me. I am on the Princess Half boards and my own PTR, and I comment how this upcoming Half means so much to me as a way to overcome bad health that I have been experiencing for awhile now.

I have to admit that I am very sad today, b/c I had a bad training day on Sunday, doing 7.5 miles. I got "sick" twice, once I came home. Yesterday I went to the Dr. and expected the scale to have said that I have lost some real weight with all of the training that I am doing, and instead it said I GAINED 5 lbs. I cried the whole day yesterday, and feel very defeated after Sunday and the "weight" issue.

Do you have any advice for me? I realize we don't know each other, but my heart is just broken. I noticed that you only seemed to wear a fanny pack on race day.... how did you stay hydrated during the race? Did you only depend on the water stations along the way? That was enough for you? Did you have gels and stuff? I think one of my problems on Sunday was that I was not hydrated enough. I also only had a banana for breakfast and it was close to lunch when I did the powerwalk (I don't run).

I could use a boost. I haven't mentioned this on my Princess board, b/c everyone is congratulating themselves on the great success they are having with their individual trainings. Doing this upcoming Half, meant so much to me, but now fear has crept in and I am losing faith in my ability.

Sorry to be a downer , but I am hoping a fellow Wisher can give me some advice. Thanks

Coronado Springs Jan. 2004, Contemporary & POFQ May 2005, POR & Disney cruise Aug. 2005, POFQ Sep. 2006, Ft. Wilderness cabin May 2007, Boardwalk-Christmas Dec 2007, POR March 2008, Ft. Wilderness cabin May 2008, Pop & Coronado Spgs - Halloween Oct. 2008, Offsite-Princess half-marathon March 2009, AsMov spontaneous 1 nighter April 2009, Disney Cruise May/June 2009, Offsite-business trip Jan 2010, Poly-Christmas 2010, Bonnet Creek May 2011, Bonnet Creek - Halloween Oct 2011, Wilderness Lodge 10 yr. Anniversary weekend Jan 2012, POR & Swan /Dolphin Oct 2012.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: