Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2008, 08:23 AM   #31
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321 View Post
Ali its after midnight here and I JUST realized the Expo was Thursday, not Friday!!
Ok, just to tell you how out of it I am, I didn't even realize that you had the days mixed up. It explains why I didn't remember you going to MK. It's because we were in AK running a race! I do remember talking to you and you were at MK though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321
Ali was kind enough to wait for us to arrive - and we exchanged hugs, and talked - met her dd, who was very shy and patient with us. My dh called dd to make sure all was going according to plan... Ali and her dd needed to get back to their plans, so we went inside the expo - this was so overwhelming - I posted the pic of the line to get into the line -
You are to sweet about DD. She had "waited" long enough by the time we met you and your DH. Although, she did help me look out for you. We had just finished waiting in line getting our stuff (short line). Then we met up with Lan and waited through that long line just to get inside, then waited in two marathon number lines (she and her sister were 1 number apart, but were in two different lines. ), then we waited in the pin line, then the chip line, then the shirt line. So she was ready to go. I would have gone and waited with you too, if I thought that she wouldn't totally revolt on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321
Sorry Ali I really was saving it for my Expo report!!
No worries, I'm enjoying your report so much. I like reliving it again. It's almost like I am there again.

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:32 AM   #32
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Ali what, you're a glutton for punishment?? You wanted to wait in line!! You ended up doing more touring tho didnt you? And to get a phone call from your DS at home saying he was in the bathroom instead of at school due to severe weather! aack

Lan I forgot that I didnt get to meet Lan! So sad for me!!

Dance We are blessed in so many ways!! The glass broke because the CM didnt wrap them carefully? But we did take them back and they were wrapped with great care and protection (the boxes!) When she asked if I had the receipt - I just looked at her - and said, it'll be a miracle... and viola - I had the receipt!! I seriously dont know how that happened - and I didnt have to search for it!! I was always losing stuff!! (It was at the shop right by the International Gateway)

Monica We rented points and stayed at Beach Club Villas - so as we came over the hill the first set of rooms you see on your right - there is a path/patios - and walk around that set, then in the back is the villas - quick, shortcut to our room!! So close!! It was worth the extra money since it was just the two of us!! (altho we should've spent more time in our room!!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2008, 08:55 AM   #33
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321 View Post
Ali what, you're a glutton for punishment?? You wanted to wait in line!! You ended up doing more touring tho didnt you? And to get a phone call from your DS at home saying he was in the bathroom instead of at school due to severe weather! aack

Lan I forgot that I didnt get to meet Lan! So sad for me!!

She was the first "real live" DIS person we had ever met, and we were wanting to get the two of you together. DD loved Lan. We should have stuck around a little bit longer, so I could connect you two together. Yeah, I got the phone call from DS while we were in the marathon "waiting" for the WWoS bus at MGM. Like I said, she had waited "long enough" by the time we met you. I think we went back to Pop, and she went swimming, then to Fantasmic that night.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:20 PM   #34
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

I really bored everybody didnt I - they all left...

well then Friday we were to do a DIS meet at Pop - the only time I've ever done a resort to resort was go to DTD then to the resort - so that was the plan.... when I saw the AK bus, I thought, "hop on it" only I kept thinking no, resort to resort means DTD, so I abandoned my good instinct and waited for DTD... and then on that bus to dtd, it went behind the Saratogo Springs, the scenic route... at DTD we had to wait, and wait, something like 16 busses before the POP bus arrived... and it went to Pleasure Island, and then [B]Ali calls[/B ]"WE're pulling into pop, really"

I felt so stupid.

Ali was holding down the WISH team, they had taken a group shot - most of the Pop Group Shots, I was not in them... and its all my fault!!

But they took some more... someone else got there late...

Dh took these with his camera - he does mighty fine work!

Online much discussion about Target and the #1 spot having Lime Green cow bells and pom pons - lots of people were bringing stuff - I opted to bring glow sticks, I mean afer all at 4AM - its still dark out!! But alas, our WISH shirts glow on their own, but nonetheless I passed out 70 glow sticks!

We went inside, and a wonderful wisher passed out these nylon bags that are sorta like backpaks light weight nylon with the WISH logo - I love these!!

Decided to eat - Ali and her dd had a booth and some very healthy nachos ( the only kind you can get at disney!! !! ) and as ali alluded to earlier - that baggalini has lots and lots of hiding places... I know it ate my change purse with ALL MY MONEY... as well as my key to the kingdom... THE CASH!!

Luckily dh is the calm rational one, and the last looky loo I found the purse in a side pocket... *sigh... I know we ate food, not sure what...

Ann/Maheara came and introduced herself, Texans are like that, Southerners are very friendly, just ask Ali and her DD!! Somewhere there are some great Pictures of Ann, not in my account however!! Guess I need a redo!!

Isnt Ali just the most beautiful person!! Thanks for putting up with my craziness my friend!!

We got back on a bus to Disney Studios, where we had to wait 20 min for the boat to come around again... I chatted with a wonderful woman in line, and my Daddy called to wish me luck!! Mom and Dad are snowbirds that live in Ft Myers, they were going to come, until they found out the start time!! That's my parents... they do love me!!

Back at BCV I had dh tie on the chip and I reread Cam and Howard's notes on how to prepare... I had throwaway clothes, trash bags, hand warmers, fannypak of gel blocks, and jelly belly SPORT beans, camera, phone.... I had the plastic bag with a blanket, a newspaper a towel (for sitting on and reading at 4AM) I had a trash bag - Redneck Poncho - mittens, my flip flop CROCS... DH got my bib number on my WISH shirt..

THE BOOM was loud and clear - Illuminations and Fantamic were going off - went on balcony and watched!! The neighbor next door introduced herself and said her friend was also doing the Half tomorrow - and wished me luck...

(just found my notes I had the Cesar Salad for dinner for $6.99 dh and I split it, a soda and cheesecake!))

Tried to lay down and sleep around 9:45pm...

2:45AM wake up call, alarms set all over...

Night all...
Old 01-31-2008, 10:43 PM   #35
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Hey, I'm still here!

Let me just say that I hated the bus service from DTD! When we went there on Sat., it went to PI, then to Typhoon Lagoon and THEN to Pop. It took us almost 45 minutes! Needless to say, we took a cab on Sunday when we were pressed for time.

Hey we ate the nachos 'cause we had already run our race!

funny thing, I set three alarms for Friday morning, and only ONE went off! I forgot to turn the other two ON! Luckily, I was so afraid of oversleeping, it was easy to get up that morning.

Glad y'all made it for the picture! It wouldn't have been the same without you.

We missed all the introductions they had earlier 'cause we saw everybody congregating in the food court when we got back from AK, but DD needed to rest! I wanted her to be pleasant when I got to spend time with my best online buddy and her DH.

Yeah, most everybody knew I was from the South. I still can't figure out why?

Funny, I can't remember where I put my car keys, but I remembered what you had for dinner, and the fact that you split it with your DH, go figure.

Hope you know that you are stuck with me my friend!

Old 01-31-2008, 10:48 PM   #36
DisneyMama629
DIS Veteran

Great installment!! I'm so excited to read about the actual race!

I was going to come to the Wish pop party, but chickened out. I didn't really post over there much, just lurked. I thought I'd feel silly.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:57 AM   #37
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Sandy, just waiting for you to post more and you did.

This is really exciting to read about. I even love Allie's contributions. It's fantastic!

So, I'm here and waiting for more.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:58 AM   #38
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnkris View Post
Great installment!! I'm so excited to read about the actual race!

I was going to come to the Wish pop party, but chickened out. I didn't really post over there much, just lurked. I thought I'd feel silly.
I felt that way too, but they were such a welcoming group! Hey we even got prizes! DD and I both got a cool WISH bag, and we got several of Sandy's glow sticks (that made it through security )

Old 02-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #39
dance2874
DIS Veteran

Still here too....cant wait to hear about the race!
Old 02-02-2008, 03:12 PM   #40
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Sandy, I am still here too, just was waiting for an update.

It's exciting to read about the happenings on those days, as so many of us read about all the time leading up to it.

Glad you made it into the picture
Old 02-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #41
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

I'm here too! Waiting to hear about the race!

Allyson
Old 02-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #42
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Hi Sandy, I can remember you talking about doing the half marathon and can't wait to read all about it. How sweet is your DD sending you letters to open and it looks like you got a lovely room.

How great you met Allie
Old 02-12-2008, 09:21 PM   #43
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Well, I'll just do a little dusting and sweeping til Sandy gets back.

Just keeping you back at the top where you belong!

Old 02-16-2008, 10:06 PM   #44
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

I heard you had dinner at Cape May, and I can't wait to read all about it.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #45
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

Where ARE you Sandeee?

I miss you!!!

I can't call you because I don't have long distance or my cell phone.

I hope all is well and you're just super busy!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: