Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2008, 12:39 PM   #16
DisneyMama629
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you didn't get hurt! That would have been horrible. I can't wait to read about the half marathon!

Old 01-27-2008, 01:54 PM   #17
Sleeping*Beauty
Waiting For My Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321 View Post

Dh comes out of the shower, sees me crying, and I say, "I fell and I didnt get hurt" WHAT? "You fell and I didnt get a purse? I'll buy you a purse!"

Did you take him up on the purse offer??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2008, 02:29 PM   #18
jazzmine
Mouseketeer

Definitely keeping up with your trip and half marathon (something I want to do one day!). I'm so glad that you didn't get hurt!!!

I've been sprung!
Old 01-27-2008, 02:49 PM   #19
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321
aldisneygrl and I had exchanged emails throughout the year, she is a PEEP who chose to grab her dd to do the 5K race with her on Friday - brave woman, after being stomped on by a Hockey Coach too!! So talking to her on the phone, I told her we'd get to the Expo as soon as we finished our lunch from Hurricane Hannahs - and we caught the boat to MGM, then the bus to the EXPO for our RACE NUMBERS (please, no one call them bibs to dh - dh is a runner, from the old school, and bibs were something they mocked back then I guess RACE NUMBERS)
Quote:
Ali I havent even gotten to you yet!!

Yes, you did, don't you see it up there? It isn't much, but it is a shout out!

Nope, you really ought to go down to Target, or even Kohl's they have some bargains out there - find some good non practical PJ's - just ones that make YOU feel "naughty" - now make sure they dont scratch and you keep sleep in them, but I really think new PJ's (non practical) are necessary!! *wink
Ok, I have been to Kohl's twice in the past week, and still haven't gone to the PJ dept. Add that to my list of "to do's". '

I'm glad that fall didn't hurt you any worse. Tim, did ya' buy the lady a purse? If not, I'll get ya' one and ship it to ya' Sandy!

Ok, now I'm wondering if I talked loud enough at Pop. There's no telling what Tim may have heard me say and misunderstood.

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.

Last edited by aldisneygrl; 01-27-2008 at 02:55 PM. Reason: You should always preview before submitting a post.....that's a note to self BTW ;) OOOHHHH & it was 1600. WooHooty!
Old 01-27-2008, 02:50 PM   #20
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Sandy, that last post was both sad and funny!

Loved that your DH offered to buy you a purse!

You are doing a great job with your trippie

Last edited by Backstage_Gal; 01-27-2008 at 02:50 PM. Reason: About mailing you Gelato, I think it would be really messy when it gets there!
Old 01-27-2008, 04:21 PM   #21
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Its so awesome to come back here, and find all the notes you've left behind!!

Marita sorry, it wasnt meant to be sad - funny, yes... blessings!! Yea, I was afraid that would happen!! Guess we'll have to go back!!

ali I really shouldve taken more pictures, I've gone thru so many of these disc thingys I just didnt take enough pictures - I'm going to have to go back there!!

Jazzmine I'm proof positive that YOU can do a 1/2 marathon, perceive, belive, achieve - and join the WISH team!! its amazing!!

sleepingbeauty That's kind of a funny story...

Krista I think I may need to snag some pictures others took too!! I still cant imagine ever doing a full marathon!!!

Disneydeeva Its so hard on them - DS had a rough time in his teenage years, even now when I point out a blatant mistake, that others glossed over - he gets so embarrassed - but I want his friends to understand him - to really understand him!! When he was a counselor at Boy Scout Camp - the head of the rifle range bought him a HUGE case of ear plugs (loud noises hurt his nerve endings) and he read that by using those soft sided yellow ear plugs it reduces your hearing level - 30% or something - so he made his friends watch a tv show or a movie - they gave up after FIVE minutes!! It truly is a tough road - and a HUGE skill to read lips!!! I hope your friends and family appreciate you!!

ok - on to MAGIC KINGDOM!!
Old 01-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #22
Sandy321

Magic Kingdom Rope DROP!!

I dont have to tell anyone here how exciting it is to get on the bus and make it to Magic Kingdom in time for rope drop!! and bonus - no dd - just me, and dh!!

Before we were able to leave BCV however, we had to decide how many days of tickets to buy. Well, we really need to save money for DS wedding... "DW, please tell me what is on the agenda" "Dear dh, I have several, but mostly Sat I run, Sunday you run, Monday I'd like to do a park..."
"DW, just tell me, today we go to a park... what did the internet say?"

"DH, truly..."

"DW, never mind, CM please give us 4 day park hopper tickets"

ME: SQUEAL IN DELIGHT

so, as I jump up and down, and hold onto dh I stealthily look at the pins the CM's have, none have stitch or Tinkerbelle, so off we head to the bus.... This becomes important, my brain is on too many wavelengths, its NOT my fault...

DD left dh a note to read before we go to our first park. Basically dd left instructions for dh not to let me out of his sights, "RUN dad, run, you can keep up with mom" that kinda thing... this is also very important...

Now, we pass all the slow people, and we talk about how weird it will be, and dh wants to know if we can by pass the TGM advice and do Space Mountain first!!! Only if we can FP it for later!!! giddy, yes, I tell you we were giddy!!1

ONTO the seccurity guards that make us feel much more secure than actually exists... then, the CMs, the keys... "Dh where's my key?"

"WHAT?" I gave it to you!! unhuh "DID TOO" "DID NOT" DID TOO DIDNT - I'd remember my key to the kingdom... so dh searches, and I finally decide to look in the bagallini - it does have lots of pockets... oopsie, he did too give it to me

so in we go.... and dh was a tad bit grumpy - now see that Hawaiian shirt he wore? He ALWAYS wears Hawaiian shirts in Disney - its his thing... .he never wears them except on vacation... well I mistakenly read a TR of Haley's where her dh does the same thing.... so this time DH decides to wear a RED POLO SHIRT!!! and suddenly - I'm following a Hawaiian shirt dude - and ask him to wait up so I can get a picture - this picture!!

and then I turn to Hawaiian Shirt Dude and say "YOURE NOT MY DH" he just grinned, GRINNED!!! I tell you.... so now I think... WHAT was my Dh wearing?? I should know what he has on... but I havent a clue, I thought he was in that blue Hawaiian shirt - the one from yesterday that I just followed.... THank God for cell phones

ring ring "um DH, I'm sorry, I lost you"

DH "DD said I wasnt to let you out of my sight, we havent even gotten here and I lsot you"

"DH, please, where are you?" I'm next to goofy

"BUT WHERE IS GOOFY?"
"DW under the train station on to the right..."
"DH YOU WENT IN WITHOUT ME? I'd NEVER go into the MK without YOU?"
"DW HOW was I supposed to know that"
Never mind I see you...

stress... we do do better with DD around!! We just got here, hoardes of people are streaming in, we're not doing Peter Pan first, nor Its a Small World (sometimes they give out dream fast passes in FL first thing, sometimes, not that I've gotten one, but I can dream)

ITS THE CASTLE, we're here, we're really here!! *sniff, no, I have something in my eye!!"

To the right thru the noodle station that is never open while we're there, but I here the food is good, around the corner, following the hordes to...

SPACE MOUNTAIN -
well we're in the back of the pack, but they're are people behind us!! I grab the FP and we wait, finally they open it up, we go quickly thru the queue...

Quick shot of Panda and dh

This way I now know he is wearing a RED POLO - so I wont mistake him!!

LOVE this ride!! wooHOO!!

after space we do a trade...

This is when we learn the Panda idea may not be DD, but some monkey commercial???
Old 01-27-2008, 05:17 PM   #23
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Magic Kingdom Rope DROP!!

I dont have to tell anyone here how exciting it is to get on the bus and make it to Magic Kingdom in time for rope drop!! and bonus - no dd - just me, and dh!!

Before we were able to leave BCV however, we had to decide how many days of tickets to buy. Well, we really need to save money for DS wedding... "DW, please tell me what is on the agenda" "Dear dh, I have several, but mostly Sat I run, Sunday you run, Monday I'd like to do a park..."

"DH, truly..."

so, as I jump up and down, and hold onto dh I stealthily look at the pins the CM's have, none have stitch or Tinkerbelle, so off we head to the bus.... This becomes important, my brain is on too many wavelengths, its NOT my fault...

DD left dh a note to read before we go to our first park. Basically dd left instructions for dh not to let me out of his sights, "RUN dad, run, you can keep up with mom" that kinda thing... this is also very important...

Now, we pass all the slow people, and we talk about how weird it will be, and dh wants to know if we can by pass the TGM advice and do Space Mountain first!!! Only if we can FP it for later!!! giddy, yes, I tell you we were giddy!!1

ONTO the seccurity guards that make us feel much more secure than actually exists... then, the CMs, the keys... "Dh where's my key?"

"WHAT?" I gave it to you!! unhuh "DID TOO" "DID NOT" DID TOO DIDNT - I'd remember my key to the kingdom... so dh searches, and I finally decide to look in the bagallini - it does have lots of pockets... oopsie, he did too give it to me

so in we go.... and dh was a tad bit grumpy - now see that Hawaiian shirt he wore? He ALWAYS wears Hawaiian shirts in Disney - its his thing... .he never wears them except on vacation... well I mistakenly read a TR of Haley's where her dh does the same thing.... so this time DH decides to wear a RED POLO SHIRT!!! and suddenly - I'm following a Hawaiian shirt dude - and ask him to wait up so I can get a picture - this picture!!

and then I turn to Hawaiian Shirt Dude and say "YOURE NOT MY DH" he just grinned, GRINNED!!! I tell you.... so now I think... WHAT was my Dh wearing?? I should know what he has on... but I havent a clue, I thought he was in that blue Hawaiian shirt - the one from yesterday that I just followed.... THank God for cell phones

DH "DD said I wasnt to let you out of my sight, we havent even gotten here and I lsot you"

"BUT WHERE IS GOOFY?"
Never mind I see you...

stress... we do do better with DD around!! We just got here, hoardes of people are streaming in, we're not doing Peter Pan first, nor Its a Small World (sometimes they give out dream fast passes in FL first thing, sometimes, not that I've gotten one, but I can dream)
Sandy, that was hilarious
Old 01-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #24
Sandy321

After space we meander to Fantsyland, I tell you we meander, so we must have walked - bypass Pooh, that ride is fun with DD, but bumpy without her... We hit Snow White, and looked at the lines everwhere else, and decide to go to Haunted Mansion, I am just spoiled, I dont think Small World is worth a 15 min wait, esp when I have to use the little girls room!!

HM now that one is worth the wait!!

Look quick, her eyes are open!! When we were here in Sept dh tried to get a shot with the eyes open!!
Apparantly I didnt upload those shots, you'll have to trust me - here is a pic of dh in a Hawaiian Shirt - he usually wears this on a Dis Meet day because its green...

Maybe he thinks he's getting too predictable...

So after scoring the right stand to the open doors and pushing our way to be first on the DoomBuggy (really, we didnt push, no one knew what was happening, and little kids screamed, and parents were confused, thanks to TGM dh remembers always which place to stand and as the door begins to open, we're right there - we move so fast we later discover there were 4 empty doom buggies after us!!! Love the Hidden Donald Chair - if you havent seen this, be sure and look at the hallway and library, now there are TWO chairs!!

Decide to head over to Pirates, but there was a Yellow Flag Tour group, so to stay ahead of them we went to Big Thunder Mt - - dd favorite ride!!

Then we pick up Pirates, as the Tour group is posing with a professional photographer!! No waiting... but darn the lady had to take pictures, I tried to guilt her I really dont find it that annoying, but predicatable... pictures of Capn Jack, who can resist those eyes???

So after this we know its time for DOLE WHIP!! WHAT?
They're closed...
Let's get a funnel cake, they're on the DDP snack plan in MK, but not at Epcot!!

Well, the weather is just fantabulous!! So we sit. Yes, we're on vacation, we actually SAT DOWN!! Before doing ALL the rides!! And Mickey and Minnie are doing the castle show, so we watch, and listen, and I'm annoying as I am speaking the lines... then a tear snuck down my cheek... Who can resist Mickey telling Minnie (as she dreams of being a Princess) "You'll always be a Princess to me - as I sit by my Prince Charming, who has made my dreams come true... and he kissed me... right there. While the fireworks are set off!!

Sorry 'bout the mushy stuff....

Lets go to Space and use our FP!! First, the bestest ride with no waiting!! And if you time it right, you can get all 4 cars to yourself... This is when I tell dh there is this article online about Romantic Places in WDW - and dh says he doesnt need any one to tell him to make out in dark places - is that romantic!!!

DH decides we need to do Philharmagic, and I decide to FP that Peter Pan, who waits 110 minutes in Disney??? WithOUT kids?? The best part for me, is to ask the CM for Reflective Captioning - this way DH actually gets to read what Donald is saying - he doesnt have to guess. You wait with the wheelchair guests, which makes dh feel really embarrassed, we always try and let them in, but only if the CM's understand reflective captioning - you cant sit with the Wheelchairs - they are under the reflective screen!

The CM's are really good here at knowing about RC - not so much at Its Tough To be a Bug or Honey I shrunk the Audience, but its still worth it for dh to know all of what is being said!!

Well we have an hour till our FP at Peter Pan, so lets see if the Dole Whips are ready yet???

Its every bit as good as we all remember. (I must let you know they are not as good as the gelato, but good, and the $3.29 Dole Whip Float is still a DDP Snack - and of course get a glass of ice water!! Its free!!)

Time for Jungle Cruise, no line!!

Well we now zag back to Peter Pan, this is just so out of context, and its lunch time - I'd rather eat at Sunshine in Epcot - can we hop... why yes we can, thanks to my Prince Charming!!

Off to the monorail... Sunshine Seasons - I think I got the muffaloto sandwich for $14.78 I tell dh to skip the packaged desserts and head to the bakery to get the creme brullee - I have the fruit tart!! DH has to have Salmon here - and he comes back with... CHOCOLATE CAKE!! in the package, poor man.... he is so disappointed, but I tell him, how can you go wrong with chocolate cake?? His food was also $14 - we take the OJ to go and each had our glass of free water - must hydrate today, I hear that's very important on the day before a Half Marathon...

which reminds me, I really should take a nap... or rest.. so we head back to BCV - and I stop and buy some lovely etched glass Mickey Wine glasses, just because DH says they go with the martini glasses. Unfortunately they broke before I got them to BCV - I had high hopes of putting champagne in them too..

My notes are really off here - I know Ali calls me a time or two, and I know we talk... she is at Sports place at 2 and finds out it doesnt open till 3 - I had planned to get there at 3 - with the masses as it turns out...

So, we meander to BC/YC boat to go to the Studios to find the bus that will take us to the Sports Complex so I can reassuer aldisneygrl that I am indeed real, and alive, and I am NOT AN AXE MURDERER!!

I cannot begin to tell you about the standing room only crowd... the bus literally groaned when we got on - it was that crowded! They were training purple pants CM to get to the Sports - and 1 CM was writing down directions, the driver was asking the CM standing across from me where and how to get there - fascinating,,, but again, a miracle...

Yes, something as simple as a crowded bus is a blessing from God - because later, I'll need to know how to get there by car - and because I was nosey watching the CM write down the directions and hear the driver tell the CM that he forgets he cant get in the far right lane until AFTER the light - this comes in real handy Saturday afternoon!!

Last edited by Sandy321; 01-28-2008 at 01:53 AM. Reason: I sure hope editing the BTMRR Pic didnt mess up any other pictures...
Old 01-27-2008, 05:29 PM   #25
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Quote:

"DH, truly..."

That is better than a purse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321

That reminds me of the conversation you had a Pop with me.... Ooohhh, I'm jumpin' ahead in the story. Sorry! I'll sit over here and my corner and read nicely.

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:37 PM   #26
jazzmine
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh, that totally sounds like something DH and I would do. Only he's the one who gets lost all of the time.

LOVING IT!!!

I'm really going to have to check out the WISH forum.

I've been sprung!
Old 01-28-2008, 01:25 AM   #27
Sandy321

Ali its after midnight here and I JUST realized the Expo was Thursday, not Friday!!

I'm going to have to back pedal and talk about that expo!! Thanks to mkymsehi Jeff from Hawaii, looking thru his pictures reminded me - the 5K was Friday, Expo on Thursday!!

OOOPS -

so much for my notes!!

Ali was kind enough to wait for us to arrive - and we exchanged hugs, and talked - met her dd, who was very shy and patient with us. My dh called dd to make sure all was going according to plan... Ali and her dd needed to get back to their plans, so we went inside the expo - this was so overwhelming - I posted the pic of the line to get into the line -

To get our "race packets" (DH says back in the day runners made fun of people that called them "bibs" as bibs was for eating lobsters and for babies... However, he found lots of info, and he decided things may have changed in 19 years since his last marathon!! I didnt take pictures of the long line to get the half packet - but I looked at my info, and THAT WASNT MY LINE!! another miracle!!!

I dont know why only one area had a huge line of over 25 people - while none of the other numbered areas had any - none!! But I got my chip and had to go back down the stairs to get in another line to get my free shirt!!

This is taken from upstairs looking down far right you see the sign

it was hard navigating from the far left where the stairs let you out to the far right where the shirts were - and that was yet another confusing line for me - half sized lines and full marathon shirt size lines....

This is the areal view of the area I wanted to visit!! I needed a souvenier. I tried on several Half, Donald gear, but the only thing that fit was a mans XL Cotton Tshirt that said "I did it" but what if I didnt? What if ... what if??? so I made dh buy a pair of raceready brand shorts (which was a very wise purchase!) and I again wondered why shorts are so gosh darn short!

We then left and headed back to the resort where I iced my now swollen ankle and had a glass of champagne, before our ressies to Yachtsman -

Sorry Ali I really was saving it for my Expo report!!
Old 01-28-2008, 01:32 AM   #28
Sandy321

(special note - all the expo pictures are Jeff! Thanks Jeff for letting me add them to my album of memories!! Dh has a Mac and I'm trying to put together a slide show imovie of sorts for our first marathon!! He took lots of great photos and really captured the mood of the weekend in so many ways!!

above the sign that says Goofy and Tshirt pick up area - that's where we picked up our chips - and there were lines - dh wishes he ordered us the commorative pin but I talked him out of it - you also pick up the pasta dinner tickets - but we chose to make ressies elsewhere - so we skipped that line...

then you have them make sure your chip registers with their computer - and over the "Official Merchandise" area - that is where they were selling wines, and tasting them - we didnt find them to be $16 special - so we skipped them - behind the taste testing area is where the stairs to the Expo were located...

and in the expo - it was crazy packed - one area you could make a sign thanks to sponser Sharpie - and one area handed out free samples of a "goo block" its like a knox blox jello cube - its supposed to give you energy - dh made me buy us the regular "goo... or gu... it tastes like that syrup you have to get down when you're pregnant and they test you for gestational diabetes I told dh I wasnt sure if I could get that stuff down - so he bought me some jelly belly sport beans, that also are supposed to give you energy and salt I think....

Well those goo blocks were great - so we bought 3 paks - dh didnt use them, but I did - whether I needed it or not, I packed them in a ziplock bag - those WISH Team mates had made a list of things to pack, and it was on the list, so I had small and large zip lock bags!!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:46 AM   #29
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

I didn't know you were doing this. I must have missed the post.

I enjoyed reading your TR this morning.

Your daughter is very thoughful.

What resort did you stay at? Nice views.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:14 AM   #30
dance2874
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I walk into the room, dh is in the shower. I sit down on the bed. and burst into tears!! The enormity of it all overwhelms me. I try to walk, but I just cry. Dh comes out of the shower, sees me crying, and I say, "I fell and I didnt get hurt" WHAT? "You fell and I didnt get a purse? I'll buy you a purse!"
That is too funny! I would have for sure insisted on a purse for sure after that

Quote:
DD the night before we left worked on letters - she wrote 7 letters with instructions on when to open the letters. At the airport was the first one, with instructions to take her Panda with us, take lots of pictures etc...

She is such a sweet girl Sandy. I am tearing up just thinking about those letters, and they werent even for me!

Quote:

"BUT WHERE IS GOOFY?"
Never mind I see you...
Too funny. And my DH would not have even paused for a second before going in without me either. Never would have occurred to him that it mattered. In fact, he would probably have been so far ahead of me he wouldnt have realized I was not right there with him until he was 1/2 way down main street. (he's a very fast walker and makes me crazy)

Quote:
ITS THE CASTLE, we're here, we're really here!! *sniff, no, I have something in my eye!!"

To the right thru the noodle station that is never open while we're there, but I here the food is good, around the corner, following the hordes to...
I tear up at seeing the castle too, every time. AND, why is the noodle station never open?! I have always wanted to eat there but it is never open.

Quote:

Its every bit as good as we all remember. (I must let you know they are not as good as the gelato, but good, and the $3.29 Dole Whip Float is still a DDP Snack - and of course get a glass of ice water!! Its free!!)

Time for Jungle Cruise, no line!!
MMMM, Dole Whips!! And how I love the Jungle Cruise. The wait was too long when we went last year every time we made it over there. We didnt get to ride it

Quote:
which reminds me, I really should take a nap... or rest.. so we head back to BCV - and I stop and buy some lovely etched glass Mickey Wine glasses, just because DH says they go with the martini glasses. Unfortunately they broke before I got them to BCV - I had high hopes of putting champagne in them too..
That stinks! How did they break?

I am really enjoying your TR, I just found it today too. I am so ready to go back NOW. I dont think it is in the cards until next year at least though. The pictures are a great substitute for now I guess

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: