Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2009, 01:05 PM   #121
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Okay, what's left to show pictures of???

Oh yeah, THE POOL!!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #122
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I'll start off with the new children's Pirate Ship themed pool. This thing is so cool!

Here it is one morning before they turned it on.

And after it was turned on!

The kids had a blast in it! But they definitely don't keep the water in the children's pool near as warm as the main pool. I think it was around 74 degrees outside that day and the water in the children's pool was chilly! All the kids there didn't seem to mind though! But once my kids went over to the main pool they said how much warmer the water was.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2009, 01:20 PM   #123
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

WOW!!!!! My daughter is going to LOVE that pool. Thank you for sharing all the photos. We haven't stayed at CBR in about 7 years and we can't wait to return.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:48 PM   #124
Stac1023
Mouseketeer

These are beautiful. I can't wait to go.

March 2010 ,
March 2011 POP
Stac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:42 PM   #125
magchavez
DIS Veteran

Ok, I think you guys are helping me make up my mind about where to stay on our next trip. We stayed at POR our first year and loved it. Next we tried CSR and didn't like it because it was soooo big. The whole time we were there I kept wishing we had stayed at POR. Last year we went back to POR and again, loved it. In August, we're doing 3 nights at a resort then the 4 night Disney cruise!!! DS (7) wants to try CBR this year so I am looking into it. We've looked at all of the pictures of the new pool and the Nemo rooms. Have all of the rooms been remodeled, or are they still working on them? Where do I want to be? I'm guessing as close to OPR as I can get. Are there any sections I should avoid??? Thanks for the help!

Maggie
(DS 7) wanted me to put this in here

2006 - POR
2007 - CSR
2008 - POR
2009 - CBR and DCL (Wonder)
2010 - CBR and Disneyland
2011 - POR and DCL (Dream)
2012 - CBR
2014 - POR
magchavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:29 PM   #126
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
WOW!!!!! My daughter is going to LOVE that pool. Thank you for sharing all the photos. We haven't stayed at CBR in about 7 years and we can't wait to return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac1023 View Post
These are beautiful. I can't wait to go.
I hope you both have awesome trips!
Old 01-31-2009, 08:34 PM   #127
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magchavez View Post
Ok, I think you guys are helping me make up my mind about where to stay on our next trip. We stayed at POR our first year and loved it. Next we tried CSR and didn't like it because it was soooo big. The whole time we were there I kept wishing we had stayed at POR. Last year we went back to POR and again, loved it. In August, we're doing 3 nights at a resort then the 4 night Disney cruise!!! DS (7) wants to try CBR this year so I am looking into it. We've looked at all of the pictures of the new pool and the Nemo rooms. Have all of the rooms been remodeled, or are they still working on them? Where do I want to be? I'm guessing as close to OPR as I can get. Are there any sections I should avoid??? Thanks for the help!

Maggie
(DS 7) wanted me to put this in here
We felt the same way when we were at CSR, wishing we were at CBR the whole time! I'd really like to try POR someday.

Congrats on your cruise! CBR is a very large resort, but you can book a preferred room there and be guaranteed a room close to OPR - either in Martinique or Trinidad North. We like Jamaica and Aruba, they are a straight shot across the bridge and island to OPR - about a 5 minute walk. Barbados & Trinidad South are a little further out but still very nice and beautiful - maybe 7-10 minutes from OPR. Each village has it's own quiet pool and bus stop so you are never far from those!
Old 01-31-2009, 10:09 PM   #128
UsNew2Disney2008
DIS Veteran - who'd rather be at WDW right now!

I have so enjoyed all your comments and pictures! Thank you so much!

I do have a few questions if you don't mind:

1- you said you stayed at CSR. I know they have a slide. I have a barely 2 & barely 5 year for a May visit - I'm wondering if that slide is TOO MUCH slide for the older one??? I'm thinking that the children's pool slides at the CBR look like less of a worry for mom!

2- how long was the commutes to the parks on average on the days you tried to be there early?

3 - I have a terrible issue with smoke - what building should we ask for to get away from the smoking area you were talking about?

4 - were there any steel drums anywhere? I was hoping there might be.

Again - thanks so much for your report! I've so enjoyed it!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #129
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsNew2Disney2008 View Post
I have so enjoyed all your comments and pictures! Thank you so much!

I do have a few questions if you don't mind:

1- you said you stayed at CSR. I know they have a slide. I have a barely 2 & barely 5 year for a May visit - I'm wondering if that slide is TOO MUCH slide for the older one??? I'm thinking that the children's pool slides at the CBR look like less of a worry for mom!

2- how long was the commutes to the parks on average on the days you tried to be there early?

3 - I have a terrible issue with smoke - what building should we ask for to get away from the smoking area you were talking about?

4 - were there any steel drums anywhere? I was hoping there might be.

Again - thanks so much for your report! I've so enjoyed it!

Hi there!

Let's see if I can answer your questions!

1 - The CSR kids pool is a rectangle with no slide. Their main pool has one long curvy slide. It is longer than the CBR slides. My oldest son really enjoyed it. My youngest - who was 6 1/2 then went down it once and went completely under the water at the end and that was it for him, he didn't care for it.

2 - Here were my times from CBR to the parks - DHS 3 minutes, Epcot 5-6 minutes, DTD 9 minutes, MK & AK 11 minutes.

3 - I didn't see any smoking areas near our room - thank goodness! Here is a map of CBR with the designated smoking areas on it - http://www.allears.net/acc/cbrmap.jpg

4 - There were some steel drums in the gift shop. There is steel drum music piped to different areas of the resort.

Hope that helps!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:09 AM   #130
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I will be getting to the main pool pictures later today!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #131
UsNew2Disney2008
DIS Veteran - who'd rather be at WDW right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Hi there!

Let's see if I can answer your questions!

1 - The CSR kids pool is a rectangle with no slide. Their main pool has one long curvy slide. It is longer than the CBR slides. My oldest son really enjoyed it. My youngest - who was 6 1/2 then went down it once and went completely under the water at the end and that was it for him, he didn't care for it.

2 - Here were my times from CBR to the parks - DHS 3 minutes, Epcot 5-6 minutes, DTD 9 minutes, MK & AK 11 minutes.

3 - I didn't see any smoking areas near our room - thank goodness! Here is a map of CBR with the designated smoking areas on it - http://www.allears.net/acc/cbrmap.jpg

4 - There were some steel drums in the gift shop. There is steel drum music piped to different areas of the resort.

Hope that helps!
It does - thanks!

I'm still uncertain where to book - the pro to CSR is queen instead of double beds, and we're sentimental towards mexico - plus heard great bus things.

CBR - that slide looks like fun for the kids and you can see fireworks at night. My little one is so scared of loud noises, I think we'll have to skip those in the parks this trip.

I've so enjoyed all your pictures!
Old 02-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #132
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Here we are checking out the pool before we actually committed to swimming last Friday! It was in the 70's outside so we went to check out the water and it was so warm!

Zero entry is such a great feature!

Old 02-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #133
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

This pool is HUGE!!

Old 02-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #134
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsNew2Disney2008 View Post
It all depends on your child. Our boys loved the CSR slide from the time they were both four years old (I think your two year old is probably too young). DH and I always waited at the end of the slide for the boys if there was a problem and there is also a lifeguard there.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #135
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

The shorter slide.

The longer slide is enclosed, so I couldn't get very good pictures of it. It sure was a hit with DS9! A nice feature it has is a red/green light at the top telling you when it is safe to go.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: