Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

New York English Regents tomorrow?

O.K. Ds took the lst part of the regents today. Of course everyone knows the bad weather predicted tommorrow, right at school bus time and our district is notorious for shutting down.

Ds goes to a private school like over 30 minute drive on a good day, not weather related delays etc.

So his teacher said we are still having the regents tomm. If your school district closes down, its your responsibility to get here and if you dont then you have to retake the whole regents (english) in June. (2 days worth)

I am wondering if anyone else, even in public school, was told this?

This never happened with my other 2, so this is a lst for us.

Of course I am hoping they have school.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
LBAK
DIS Veteran
The girl at our KFC drive thru calls me mommy all the time.

They might have to cancel for weather. According to our high school all regents must be given at the exact same time state wide. My district is all concerned for tomorrow.
LBAK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
Nancy
I get all twitterpatted when he does that!
I eat hot dogs from both ends
Oh Mom, that's so tacky..we live in an upscale area
SHH, don't tell anyone but I'm on the computer

My daughter is not doing the regents exam but does have midterms tomorrow. I asked her what happens if the district closes since we have a storm warning for tomorrow...she has no clue. If they have to come in for exams she will have to walk in the snow storm..it's a good 15-20 minute walk in good weather...bad weather
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #4
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBAK View Post
They might have to cancel for weather. According to our high school all regents must be given at the exact same time state wide. My district is all concerned for tomorrow.
Same here, LI also.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Here is my little update. Our school district has a 2 hour delay, however, ds school is private and they are closed for the day, hence he will not get a bus.

The school left a message that they are to come in and take the Regents. I thank God my ds is getting a ride. I am scheduled for surgery tomm. at Stony Brook and there is no way I am going to risk getting in a car accident and have the surgery postponed etc.

I did see that alot of schools have a 2 hour delay and some are definetely closed, so I dont know about the regents. All the private school around here are closed too.

I wish they would just rethink this whole regents thing. One of ds friends last year got some kind of regents award, it could only be used at an college instate and they were going out. I think I read only NY and California do Regents type stuff.

Also all the local colleges around here are having a delay, but not Stony Brook, one of the ds goes there and they just said, oh commuter students use extreme caution when driving, uh thanks.

Maybe I will write a little note to Senator Lavelle, he is the education guy for LI.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #6
waughzee
Dreaming of Disney!

My son is in the same situation. He took part 1 yesterday and was to take part 2 today. School is cancelled, as is the regents. They are not expected to report for the test, but we are in a very rural area where most kids ride the bus to school.

According to DS, the English teachers are in negotiations with NYS to allow part 1 of the test to be saved and then they will only have to take part 2 in June. Let's hope NY allows it!
1978 Contemporary • 1986 Offsite • 1997 Contemporary • 1999 All Star Music • 2000 All Star Movies • 2001 Contemporary • 2002 All Star Movies • 2002 All Star Movies • 2003 All Star Movies • 2004 Pop Century • 2005 Pop Century • 2005 Port Orleans French Quarter • 2006 Port Orleans French Quarter • 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter • 5/2008 Pop Century • 12/2008 Port Orleans French Quarter • 12/2009 Port Orleans French Quarter • 6/2010 Animal Kingdom Villas • 12/2010 Port Orleans French Quarter
Ebay id: Waughzee
waughzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #7
LBAK
DIS Veteran
The girl at our KFC drive thru calls me mommy all the time.

luvmarypoppins- you will be in my thoughts tomorrow. Hope your recovery is speedy. If you need anything PM me, I'm out in suffolk a lot.
LBAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #8
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

luvmarypoppins - We had the same 2 hour delay. We were supposed to have buses. My middle schoolers bus showed up but not the high school bus. I have an SUV in the driveway but I don't drive it! I did today. I told him to please make sure he gets the bus home!

I hope your surgery goes as planned and your recovery is quick. I will be thinking of you. Please let us know when you are able how you are doing.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:01 PM   #9
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
luvmarypoppins - We had the same 2 hour delay. We were supposed to have buses. My middle schoolers bus showed up but not the high school bus. I have an SUV in the driveway but I don't drive it! I did today. I told him to please make sure he gets the bus home!

I hope your surgery goes as planned and your recovery is quick. I will be thinking of you. Please let us know when you are able how you are doing.
Jessica, I cant remember ut were you one of the ones on another thread who was discussing Dr. Shindo at Stony Brook?
Old 01-28-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
Patch'sD
DIS Veteran

I have seen a few Part II's on Craigs List this afternoon
Patch'sD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #11
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Jessica, I cant remember ut were you one of the ones on another thread who was discussing Dr. Shindo at Stony Brook?
Yes, that was me. She removed my thyroid. Such a shame that she moved to Oregon!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:48 PM   #12
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
Yes, that was me. She removed my thyroid. Such a shame that she moved to Oregon!

Guess what, I am getting the dr. who took over for her and he is taking out my whole thyroid tomm. too. He has alot of good credentials and experience. He says I ask too many questions

Do you go to an endocronologist from Stony Brook? I was reading the thread the other day about synthyroid vs generic. My head spins. Guess I will find out all about this on friday when the endo comes into the hosp. room.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #13
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Guess what, I am getting the dr. who took over for her and he is taking out my whole thyroid tomm. too. He has alot of good credentials and experience. He says I ask too many questions

Do you go to an endocronologist from Stony Brook? I was reading the thread the other day about synthyroid vs generic. My head spins. Guess I will find out all about this on friday when the endo comes into the hosp. room.
Did Dr. Ghassan Samara take over her practice? There is no such thing as too many questions! Just keep asking until you're satisfied.

I did go to two different Endocrinologists, Dr Carlson and Dr Kugler. Not in the same office. Right now I am under the care of my Internist but Endo shopping again. I may head to LIJ.

I wouldn't worry at all about your medication afterwards. Its a very individual thing and you will know what works for you after trying. And don't be afraid to change until you are happy.

This surgery was surprisingly not as difficult as I anticipated and the more I read the more a quick recovery seems more like the norm in many cases. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer as best as possible.

Again, wishing you the best for tomorrow.

Last edited by JessicaR; 01-28-2009 at 02:21 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: