Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #751
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

i've only ridden MS once. it was in may of 2007 when we went for the first time as adults. i took some dramamine just in case and it seemed to work for me because i was fine! the funniest thing about it was that we get in there, sit down, get all strapped in and ray looks down and says, "ARE THOSE BARF BAGS????" i looked and sure enough, they were. i think that's the first and only time i've seen barf bags actually ON a ride! luckily no one in our space shuttle had to make use of them.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #752
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Okay, I've decided on who I think you look like. IMO, it's a cross between Brittany Murphy, Jennifer Love Hewwitt (but blonde of course) and Rachel McAdams a tiny bit. I would say like... 40/40/20?

How's that for getting exact about it?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #753
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

i just read back and it seems that i'm the only idiot that has braved the orange side of mission space.

COME ON PEOPLE - WHERE'S YOUR SENSE OF ADVENTURE????

i'm TOTALLY kidding. if i had motion sickness or claustrophobia, i would stay FAR away too!
Old 03-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #754
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

OT-or should I say, on a prior topic? I got my Fit Flops today! I really like them. Have you been wearing yours?

Star Tours: I seem to be one of the few that likes this ride. And I have to say that all this talk with the stories of all these rides is seriously making me want to go to Disneyland! Someone said the DL version was better, but I honestly don't remember the difference. I can tell you that I got to ride it the year it was first introduced in DL!

My unfavorite memory that I can't help but think of is that of my mom riding this ride. She just can't take it at all, she ends up closing her eyes and then she gets really disoriented and doesn't feel well at ALL for a while following.

My favorite memory is how DS could do a total recap of the ride after one ride. He went through a major Star Wars phase (he wanted to try to dress Jedi-like ALL the time, wearing nothing but brown, tan, and black, in solid colors).

Mission Space: We figured DS should ride the calm side, and the wait was short, it was pm EMH. We rode that. It was fun. DS was just a tad to short to really enjoy it totally though. He could see the screens very well. DH was just so eagar to ride the spinning side. Turns out there is a total playground/gaming area where you get off of Mission Space, so I supervised DS while DH went back to hop on the spinning side. He was glad he did it, but he did say he felt pretty messed up from riding it.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #755
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i've only ridden MS once. it was in may of 2007 when we went for the first time as adults. i took some dramamine just in case and it seemed to work for me because i was fine! the funniest thing about it was that we get in there, sit down, get all strapped in and ray looks down and says, "ARE THOSE BARF BAGS????" i looked and sure enough, they were. i think that's the first and only time i've seen barf bags actually ON a ride! luckily no one in our space shuttle had to make use of them.
Oh my gosh! There's barf bags on the ride?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
Okay, I've decided on who I think you look like. IMO, it's a cross between Brittany Murphy, Jennifer Love Hewwitt (but blonde of course) and Rachel McAdams a tiny bit. I would say like... 40/40/20?

How's that for getting exact about it?
Haha...that is good! And all those are good things right?

Quote:
i just read back and it seems that i'm the only idiot that has braved the orange side of mission space.

COME ON PEOPLE - WHERE'S YOUR SENSE OF ADVENTURE????

i'm TOTALLY kidding. if i had motion sickness or claustrophobia, i would stay FAR away too!
Hey now...where's my sense of adventure?! I'd like to adventure away from puking and freaking out in a closed space. Thank you Dawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsadams View Post
OT-or should I say, on a prior topic? I got my Fit Flops today! I really like them. Have you been wearing yours?

Star Tours: I seem to be one of the few that likes this ride. And I have to say that all this talk with the stories of all these rides is seriously making me want to go to Disneyland! Someone said the DL version was better, but I honestly don't remember the difference. I can tell you that I got to ride it the year it was first introduced in DL!

My unfavorite memory that I can't help but think of is that of my mom riding this ride. She just can't take it at all, she ends up closing her eyes and then she gets really disoriented and doesn't feel well at ALL for a while following.

My favorite memory is how DS could do a total recap of the ride after one ride. He went through a major Star Wars phase (he wanted to try to dress Jedi-like ALL the time, wearing nothing but brown, tan, and black, in solid colors).

Mission Space: We figured DS should ride the calm side, and the wait was short, it was pm EMH. We rode that. It was fun. DS was just a tad to short to really enjoy it totally though. He could see the screens very well. DH was just so eagar to ride the spinning side. Turns out there is a total playground/gaming area where you get off of Mission Space, so I supervised DS while DH went back to hop on the spinning side. He was glad he did it, but he did say he felt pretty messed up from riding it.
Oh I'm so glad you like your fit flops! I haven't worn them yet since they're back home. But, I will wear them this upcoming week while I'm home on break!

And that's okay if you're one of the only ones who likes Star Tours! To each their own! I'm one of the only ones I've found on here who really likes Tony's!

Ugh, I still think I'll pass on MS!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #756
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

So, I decided to try the orange (that's the original side, right?) with DF the last time we went. I was so scared during the whole line; they keep telling you to look forward; if you look sideways, you will get sick, etc. etc.

When we got strapped in, we ended up being with two other girls my age. I was terrified; I'm not normally claustrophobic, but I felt terrible and like I was trapped in there. The girl next to me grabbed for the barf bag right when it was over, too.

Obviously, I hate it. I refuse to even go on the "safe" side. I actually thought the ride was really stupid, too. It makes it sound like you control the whole thing, and all you do is hit a flashing button when yours lights up. My dad hated it too, and he loves thrill rides. We were both just praying for it to stop as soon as the ride had started.

DH refused to ride it on our honeymoon after he had heard me talk about how horrible it was. I just don't understand how anyone likes that one..

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:35 PM   #757
ariel2007
Newbie Disser

Ooo I have never done this ride as I get motion sickness quite bad and really couldn't deal with feeling bad. However, I would like to try it one day, it just needs to be my final ride so I don't spend the rest of the time feeling ill like I did after the Aladdin thing in DisneyQuest and Wild Artic at SW. My Dad and Nick went on it though and went on the wrong side, the easy one. They came out acting all hard saying "That wasn't that bad, I don't know what people are talking about", until we pointed out they had done the easy one

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
Old 03-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #758
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
So, I decided to try the orange (that's the original side, right?) with DF the last time we went. I was so scared during the whole line; they keep telling you to look forward; if you look sideways, you will get sick, etc. etc.

When we got strapped in, we ended up being with two other girls my age. I was terrified; I'm not normally claustrophobic, but I felt terrible and like I was trapped in there. The girl next to me grabbed for the barf bag right when it was over, too.

Obviously, I hate it. I refuse to even go on the "safe" side. I actually thought the ride was really stupid, too. It makes it sound like you control the whole thing, and all you do is hit a flashing button when yours lights up. My dad hated it too, and he loves thrill rides. We were both just praying for it to stop as soon as the ride had started.

DH refused to ride it on our honeymoon after he had heard me talk about how horrible it was. I just don't understand how anyone likes that one..
Ugh, well thanks for sharing that with me because I will never ever ride it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
Ooo I have never done this ride as I get motion sickness quite bad and really couldn't deal with feeling bad. However, I would like to try it one day, it just needs to be my final ride so I don't spend the rest of the time feeling ill like I did after the Aladdin thing in DisneyQuest and Wild Artic at SW. My Dad and Nick went on it though and went on the wrong side, the easy one. They came out acting all hard saying "That wasn't that bad, I don't know what people are talking about", until we pointed out they had done the easy one
Haha, well I'd like to know what your dad and Nick think of the other side!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #759
ariel2007
Newbie Disser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Haha, well I'd like to know what your dad and Nick think of the other side!
Yes, we will have to all go back and see

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
Old 03-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #760
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

I absolutely love MS! I started on the Green side, and was like, "Ho hum." I and a friend immediately got off and went to the fastpasses so we could come back later with my daughter. I rode MS's orange 3 more times in October! I can't wait to ride it again! It really is tough on people who are really claustorphobic, though.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #761
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post

Haha...that is good! And all those are good things right?
Oh for sure!! I absolutely meant them as a compliment! You are super photogenic and I have yet to see a "bad" picture of you. You look gorgeous in all of them.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:10 PM   #762
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'll take that advice!

No way will I be riding this one.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #763
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

dropping by to say

Hi
Old 03-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #764
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I absolutely love MS! I started on the Green side, and was like, "Ho hum." I and a friend immediately got off and went to the fastpasses so we could come back later with my daughter. I rode MS's orange 3 more times in October! I can't wait to ride it again! It really is tough on people who are really claustorphobic, though.
LoL...you make me giggle with the "ho hum" part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
Oh for sure!! I absolutely meant them as a compliment! You are super photogenic and I have yet to see a "bad" picture of you. You look gorgeous in all of them.
Aw...you are so nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I'll take that advice!

No way will I be riding this one.
Ugh, me either MeMom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
dropping by to say

Hi
HI SCOTT!
Old 03-13-2009, 09:04 AM   #765
tinkgurl

Attraction of the Day...

The Racecars

Yeah, I know that's not the real name of them but that's what we call them. I'll never forget riding with my sis the first time she was big enough to drive them. It was a jerky ride! We kept going back and forth bumping the bumper from each side. She was being so serious and trying to drive good. It was cute!

And then...back in '05 when it was my B/F's first time at WDW, he couldn't wait to ride the racecars. He's a big NASCAR and racing fan so he was pumped. Well, I failed to mention that they are S-L-O-W. So, I rode with him (yes we fit in the car haha) and the whole time he was like "C'mon! Why isn't this thing going any faster?!" and freaking out. And then he goes "I think a snail just passed us."

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: