Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2009, 06:04 AM   #46
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Food Update

I went through the complete list of WDW places to eat and decided to go through where we are going to eat and what I want to order:

MK:

Tony’s: Appetizer: Tomato & Mozzarella Salad,Yummmyyyyy I loveeee tomato and mozzerella! Main: Spaghetti, Dessert: Tiramisu

Epcot:

Electric Umbrella: Whole Wheat Vegetable Wrap Yummm I love me some veggies!, Dessert: Cheesecake

DHS:

Mama Melrose: Appetizer: Bruschetta, Main: Penne Alla Vodka, Dessert: Tiramisu We're going there, I'll test some of that stuff out for ya lol

AK:

Pizzafari: Pepperoni Pizza & Bread Sticks, Dessert: Apple Pie Can't go wrong with pizza...I hope

Grand Floridian:

1900 Park Fare: Buffet loved your pics from here

Old Key West:

Olivia’s: Appetizer: Crab Cakes you're making me hungry now, Main: Penne Pasta with Shrimp and Asiago Cheese

Poly:

Luau: Yummy salad, coconut bread, VOLCANO dessert, chicken, pork, vegetables..YUM luau, your fave
I picked some and commented because I didn't wanna do them all since I never ate at any of them lol No school for me until tonight because of the snow! How about there did you guys get snow?
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 01-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #47
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Haha I always do the same thing with looking at the menus online and picking out what I'm getting (many months in advance) . Looks like you have a lot of great places and meals picked out!

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2009, 09:35 AM   #48
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

xoktenox - snowed here too, my mom is waiting to hear if her office will be closed the entire day, right now they are scheduled to open at noon (she works at Monmouth Univ.)

Old 01-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #49
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Quote:

Okay and my comments on your comments on my comments (following me so far?!)
ahahahaha... I had to reread that like 3 times and then was like OHH I get it!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #50
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
I picked some and commented because I didn't wanna do them all since I never ate at any of them lol No school for me until tonight because of the snow! How about there did you guys get snow?
I LOVE tomato n mozzarella too!!! You'll love Mama Melrose!! And the pizza at Pizzafari is good-I was nervous the first time I ever ate there because I didn't know how good the pizza would actually be, but to my surprise it was good! And I better get to do the Luau this year! We've missed it the past two years because it was stormy/rain and they had to cancel!!

And I'm soooooooooooooooooooooorry I woke you up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
Haha I always do the same thing with looking at the menus online and picking out what I'm getting (many months in advance) . Looks like you have a lot of great places and meals picked out!
Haha, usually I don't go as far as to decide what I'm gonna order but I wanted to keep my PTR interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAusty View Post
ahahahaha... I had to reread that like 3 times and then was like OHH I get it!

Haha, I was hoping you'd get it!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #51
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Toy Story Pizza Planet is my favorite place to eat at Hollywood Studios. That's where I chose to eat for my birthday this past year.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #52
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
Toy Story Pizza Planet is my favorite place to eat at Hollywood Studios. That's where I chose to eat for my birthday this past year.
The only thing I hate is the limited seating. Are there more tables than just the ones upstairs?
Old 01-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #53
sfacowgirl87
Mouseketeer

Hey friend! I'm here! Been on a minor Dis hiatus for about a week. Sorry...schools back in swing finally and I'm tryin' to get organized. But anyway, again, I'M FINALLY HERE Can't wait to see all your fantastic plans!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #54
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfacowgirl87 View Post
Hey friend! I'm here! Been on a minor Dis hiatus for about a week. Sorry...schools back in swing finally and I'm tryin' to get organized. But anyway, again, I'M FINALLY HERE Can't wait to see all your fantastic plans!
Hey girl! I know how you feel about school. Mine started last week and I'm still getting adjusted to the new schedule and stuff. I hope to keep you entertained until June!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:18 PM   #55
tinkgurl

Let's Talk Hair...

So..I was looking at pictures from previous trips and realized that I always wear my hair the same. When my hair was long before, I always wore it up in a messy bun and this past trip it was short enough it was fine down. But now that my hair's getting long again, I don't want to resort to the messy bun every day of the trip.

So my questions are for all the ladies reading- How do you wear your hair? What are some suggestions for me? Find anything cute on the 'net? I want some kind-of updo or pulled back or something. ANYTHING. Pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #56
NMAmy
Can speak food in German
He seemed so normal when I met him
It's not like I'm getting any special sanitation type service
I'm old school-I like my cartoon rodents to be mice

Hey, kiddo! How exciting to stay at OKW in a 2 bedroom! How do you find the bus service there? I read somewhere that it's "limited" but I never did understand exactly what that meant.

Your restaurant choices look great--I feel obligated to recommend the butterfingers cheesecake at Sunshine Seasons. It's fabulous.

I am no help with your hair question because my hair is very curly and, well, I'm too old and lazy to mess with it. I do love it when dd declares, "Today is Messy Hair Bun Day!" because we don't have to wait endless hours for her to straighten her hair. So I'm a huge fun of the messy bun.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:47 AM   #57
sfacowgirl87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Let's Talk Hair...

So..I was looking at pictures from previous trips and realized that I always wear my hair the same. When my hair was long before, I always wore it up in a messy bun and this past trip it was short enough it was fine down. But now that my hair's getting long again, I don't want to resort to the messy bun every day of the trip.

So my questions are for all the ladies reading- How do you wear your hair? What are some suggestions for me? Find anything cute on the 'net? I want some kind-of updo or pulled back or something. ANYTHING. Pictures would be greatly appreciated.
I feel your pain...on days in Disney that I don't want to wear my hair up, I will probably resort to scrunching it using a diffuser, mousse, Aussie sprunch spray, and a ton of hairspray. It takes up a little bit of the length, and it's fixed to where the humidity doesn't mess with it and frizz it out! Also, sometimes just to keep it out of my face since I have it cut with little swoopy side bangs, I will take a few bobby pins and pin the front back in a little poof. In this picture I actually left my bangs down (obviously) but normally, I will pull them back too into the poof.

Last edited by sfacowgirl87; 01-29-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #58
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Quote:
Let's Talk Hair...

Well usually my hair is long.. but I cut it a little longer than shoulder length about 2 months ago or so.. soo I'm ok with wearing mine down.. its not as annoying. My usually what I did is wear it wavy.. some people crunch it and stuff.. whatever. But then its cute down or up and it works good with humity. I also like using cute ponys- with bobbypins. i'll just take bobby pins and use it to hold pieces of my hair up (flyaways, bangs.. ) and I'll try changing it up. But sadly.. I don't have any pictures of that. I'm also a messy bun wearing girl.. well not as much that my hair is short- I'll wear it messy but its not really a bun.. Hmm.. try switching up the pony tail- low/high, side parted/ not parted(pulled straight back).. if I think of anything else.. I'll let you know! sorry I'm not much help!
Just for the heck of it.. cause you said you wanted pics. Here's my long and short (when first cut) pics! If I find some with good hair ideas.. I'll post to
You can't really tell but my hair was to the middle of my back.

Last edited by JenAusty; 01-29-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #59
jewels1916
Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?

Subbing...I've been lurking, but now I am subbing. It's just more fun that way.

I am a ponytail girl all the way. I keep my hair just below my shoulders, but it is thick and heavy so in the Florida humidity, it's just better to keep it off my neck. I am lucky that it holds a curl, so I like to curl my ponytail just so it looks different than the way I wear my hair at the gym

And that usually lasts until we get caught in one of the frequent Florida rainshowers...

Anyway, looking forward to reading more of your plans!
'89 - off site (age 4) - DMom DDad Me '94 - off site (age 9) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DGrandparents '99 - All-Star Movies (age 14) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '02 - All-Star Sports (age 16) - Contest of Champions - Dance Team '06 - Wilderness Lodge (age 21) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '08 - Contemporary (age 23) - Finished Grad School - DMom DDad Me Dec. '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (age 24) - MVMCP - BFF Kelly Me May/June 2010 - POFQ/Pop (age 25) - BFF Kelly and Disboards BFF PiperMae Oct. '12 - Land and Sea Boardwalk/DCL Dream (age 27) - MNSSHP - BFF Joey and Fam Feb. '13 - Polynesian (age 27) - Sister's 21st bday - DMom, DDad, DSis Aug. 2014 - POR (age 29) - Villains Unleashed - First Solo!

Old 01-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #60
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMAmy View Post
Hey, kiddo! How exciting to stay at OKW in a 2 bedroom! How do you find the bus service there? I read somewhere that it's "limited" but I never did understand exactly what that meant.

Your restaurant choices look great--I feel obligated to recommend the butterfingers cheesecake at Sunshine Seasons. It's fabulous.

I am no help with your hair question because my hair is very curly and, well, I'm too old and lazy to mess with it. I do love it when dd declares, "Today is Messy Hair Bun Day!" because we don't have to wait endless hours for her to straighten her hair. So I'm a huge fun of the messy bun.
I'm SO excited to be in a 2 bedroom! Me n B/F can finally sleep in a bed instead of the pull-out couch! About the bus service-if you look on the map of OKW that I posted a few days back, all the bus stops are indicated with a picture of a bus. It's really not hard if you use the map your first day to find it and then you'll know where to go!

Oooh, the butterfingers cheesecake?! Definately something B/F would order so I'll tel him!

Haha, yeah I am a fun of the quick hairdos when it comes to my sis. As you might be able to tell-she's pretty high maintennance. So we are always sitting in the living room, watching Stacey, and yelling at her to hurry it up because we got parks waiting for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfacowgirl87 View Post
I feel your pain...on days in Disney that I don't want to wear my hair up, I will probably resort to scrunching it using a diffuser, mousse, Aussie sprunch spray, and a ton of hairspray. It takes up a little bit of the length, and it's fixed to where the humidity doesn't mess with it and frizz it out! Also, sometimes just to keep it out of my face since I have it cut with little swoopy side bangs, I will take a few bobby pins and pin the front back in a little poof. In this picture I actually left my bangs down (obviously) but normally, I will pull them back too into the poof.

Thanks so much girl! I'm a big fan of pulling bangs into a poof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAusty View Post
Well usually my hair is long.. but I cut it a little longer than shoulder length about 2 months ago or so.. soo I'm ok with wearing mine down.. its not as annoying. My usually what I did is wear it wavy.. some people crunch it and stuff.. whatever. But then its cute down or up and it works good with humity. I also like using cute ponys- with bobbypins. i'll just take bobby pins and use it to hold pieces of my hair up (flyaways, bangs.. ) and I'll try changing it up. But sadly.. I don't have any pictures of that. I'm also a messy bun wearing girl.. well not as much that my hair is short- I'll wear it messy but its not really a bun.. Hmm.. try switching up the pony tail- low/high, side parted/ not parted(pulled straight back).. if I think of anything else.. I'll let you know! sorry I'm not much help!
Just for the heck of it.. cause you said you wanted pics. Here's my long and short (when first cut) pics! If I find some with good hair ideas.. I'll post to
You can't really tell but my hair was to the middle of my back.
Thanks so much girl! I will def. use the idea of switching up the pony tail with the different parts and low/high!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post
Subbing...I've been lurking, but now I am subbing. It's just more fun that way.

I am a ponytail girl all the way. I keep my hair just below my shoulders, but it is thick and heavy so in the Florida humidity, it's just better to keep it off my neck. I am lucky that it holds a curl, so I like to curl my ponytail just so it looks different than the way I wear my hair at the gym

And that usually lasts until we get caught in one of the frequent Florida rainshowers...

Anyway, looking forward to reading more of your plans!
I'm glad you de-lurked!

Thanks for the hair talk!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: