Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #1501
jewels1916
Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?

Hey, that question looks familiar!
On the rare "chill moments" at WDW, I love to sit out on the little beach at Wilderness Lodge in the evening.
For people watching, I like to be on Main Street (in front of the bakery with a big cinnamon roll) watching people come in. It's really sweet when you hear what kids say when they see the castle for the first time. "Mama, is she really in there?"
'89 - off site (age 4) - DMom DDad Me '94 - off site (age 9) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DGrandparents '99 - All-Star Movies (age 14) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '02 - All-Star Sports (age 16) - Contest of Champions - Dance Team '06 - Wilderness Lodge (age 21) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '08 - Contemporary (age 23) - Finished Grad School - DMom DDad Me Dec. '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (age 24) - MVMCP - BFF Kelly Me May/June 2010 - POFQ/Pop (age 25) - BFF Kelly and Disboards BFF PiperMae Oct. '12 - Land and Sea Boardwalk/DCL Dream (age 27) - MNSSHP - BFF Joey and Fam Feb. '13 - Polynesian (age 27) - Sister's 21st bday - DMom, DDad, DSis Aug. 2014 - POR (age 29) - Villains Unleashed - First Solo!

Old 05-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #1502
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
People relax at Disney? I can't say that I have a favorite spot it is usually where ever I ran out of steam at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Hmmm, good question! Probably at the Boardwalk. A couple times we've gone there after the parks closed early and ate ice cream and just found a bench to watch people. I just love the excitement of the Boardwalk at night! Oh yes, and we could see Illuminations going on too.
Was it just the perfect timing that you were there and Illuminations started?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizet313 View Post
I don't have one yet.

My questions is

If you could pick a holiday to travel to WDW when would you go? Why?
That's alright.

My answer to your question: I went over Christmas back in 2001 and I'd love to go back. I've seen pictures with the castle lit up with the icicle lights and I am wanting to see it so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRocksMySocks View Post
Where is your favorite chill spot at WDW to sit, relax, cool off and people watch, and why?

I definitely agree w/ Addictedtothemouse...I had no clue people just sat and relaxed at WDW. Funny story, my sister and I had just finished eating at Peco Bill's. She asked if we could just sit there for a bit and relax. I seriously didn't know what to do. She laughed so hard b/c I was sitting there fidgeting like I had ants in my pants.

If I just HAD to chose a spot though, I think it'd be in any resort lobby. I love watching all the people who just arrive off ME and head to check-in. It's also kind of sad to see the people who are checking out. It's just a great place to people watch.

Sitting in resort lobbies is so much fun!! Good one!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2009, 10:39 AM   #1503
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post
Hey, that question looks familiar!
On the rare "chill moments" at WDW, I love to sit out on the little beach at Wilderness Lodge in the evening.
For people watching, I like to be on Main Street (in front of the bakery with a big cinnamon roll) watching people come in. It's really sweet when you hear what kids say when they see the castle for the first time. "Mama, is she really in there?"
Oh gee, I don't know who asked this Question of the Day...

Ahhh WL . B/F and I have sat out on the rocking chairs outside the Villas. So peaceful.

I love to get the cinnamon rolls from the Bakery! I get one and take it back to the room at night to eat the next morning.

Aw...that's so cute!
Old 05-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #1504
jewels1916
Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Oh gee, I don't know who asked this Question of the Day...

Ahhh WL . B/F and I have sat out on the rocking chairs outside the Villas. So peaceful.

I love to get the cinnamon rolls from the Bakery! I get one and take it back to the room at night to eat the next morning.

Aw...that's so cute!
I love the cinnamon rolls too! I wish I had one right now. Make sure you have one for me in....... (that's my version of a drum roll)....1/1/1!! One month, one week, and one day!

And, I forgot to ask a question.
What is your favorite country to eat at in World Showcase, and what is your favorite thing to order?
'89 - off site (age 4) - DMom DDad Me '94 - off site (age 9) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DGrandparents '99 - All-Star Movies (age 14) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '02 - All-Star Sports (age 16) - Contest of Champions - Dance Team '06 - Wilderness Lodge (age 21) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '08 - Contemporary (age 23) - Finished Grad School - DMom DDad Me Dec. '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (age 24) - MVMCP - BFF Kelly Me May/June 2010 - POFQ/Pop (age 25) - BFF Kelly and Disboards BFF PiperMae Oct. '12 - Land and Sea Boardwalk/DCL Dream (age 27) - MNSSHP - BFF Joey and Fam Feb. '13 - Polynesian (age 27) - Sister's 21st bday - DMom, DDad, DSis Aug. 2014 - POR (age 29) - Villains Unleashed - First Solo!

Old 05-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #1505
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post
I love the cinnamon rolls too! I wish I had one right now. Make sure you have one for me in....... (that's my version of a drum roll)....1/1/1!! One month, one week, and one day!

And, I forgot to ask a question.
What is your favorite country to eat at in World Showcase, and what is your favorite thing to order?
Haha, I just noticed it was 1-1-1 too! I will do that. I know I'll think of you when I get it now!

My answer to your question: I LOVE Le Cellier. I got the filet mignon with mushroom risotto. *sigh*
Old 05-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #1506
kaos928
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh my gosh, you read it all so far?! Props to you!

Thanks so much for your kind words. The little guy even gave me a Mother's Day present yesterday.

Wow, you definately caught up and Question of the Days...All of your answers are great...except..I don't know about Mission Space. I'm scared of it.

My answer to your question: Oooh the first thing I'll do?! Should it be Dumbo?
Yeah I usually would just read the updates but it was so much fun reading about everyone's memories, I really enjoyed it!

Awww he gave you a Mother's Day present?! too sweet

Yeah I went on Mission Space before they had the green side and I LOVED it but my mom was soooo sick I was pressing all her buttons, too! I doubt I would even get near it if I was claustrophobic though.

Dumbo's definitely a classic. I would head straight to Fantasyland for sure!

Quote:
Question of the Day...

Today's question comes from jewels1916!

Where is your favorite chill spot at WDW to sit, relax, cool off and people watch, and why?
I agree with jewels, Main Street is probably the best people watching spot! But the only time I ever "relax" is by/in the pool.

ok now I really have to go study!!
My Disney Trips: 2/94 Ramada Main Gate, 2/95 Days Inn, 2/96 ASMu, 11/96 Days Inn, 2/97 Dixie Landing, 11/97 Contemporary, 11/98 Coronado Springs, 2/99 ASMu, 4/99 ASMo & ASMu, 11/99 AS Sports, 2/00 All-Star Sports, 10/00 ASMu, 2/01 Grosvenor, 2/02 ASMu, 2/04 Port Orleans, 12/04 POP, 2/06 Pop, 8/06 Pop, 8/09 ASMu w/DBF, 5/10 AKV Disneymoon

Next: March 12th 2012

Old 05-12-2009, 11:48 AM   #1507
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos928 View Post
Yeah I usually would just read the updates but it was so much fun reading about everyone's memories, I really enjoyed it!

Awww he gave you a Mother's Day present?! too sweet

Yeah I went on Mission Space before they had the green side and I LOVED it but my mom was soooo sick I was pressing all her buttons, too! I doubt I would even get near it if I was claustrophobic though.

Dumbo's definitely a classic. I would head straight to Fantasyland for sure!

I agree with jewels, Main Street is probably the best people watching spot! But the only time I ever "relax" is by/in the pool.

ok now I really have to go study!!
Yep, I'm claustrophobic so I'm not even going near it.

The pool is nice too!

Good luck studying. I had a final yesterday, gave my presentation last night, and now I don't have another final until Friday!
Old 05-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #1508
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Where is your favorite chill spot at WDW to sit, relax, cool off and people watch, and why?[/QUOTE]

hmm.. this one is really hard for me because when I'm at Disney I'm way to high strung to sit and relax.. unless its the end of the day and I'm ready to sleep. But anywhere around mainstreet is always nice.. I like building watching there.. tehe I like people watching in line to.. I'm definitely nosy there.

OHH and I like the sitting area in Morocco.. I think that country in Epcot is beautiful.

I guess another one would be by the pool, when I'm laying out.. hehe..
So I guess I do have quite a few places I like to people watch. .but I'm not soo good with the whole relax thing.. hehe We usually find random places in the shade to cool off.. but no particular place.

Umm..for my question...

What is your favorite dessert/sweet treat at WDW? (what is it, and where can you get it)
Old 05-12-2009, 05:20 PM   #1509
kaos928
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yep, I'm claustrophobic so I'm not even going near it.

The pool is nice too!

Good luck studying. I had a final yesterday, gave my presentation last night, and now I don't have another final until Friday!
Thanks! I had a final this morning and I have one tomorrow afternoon which is a national test cumulative for 2 semester worth of organic chemistry so I'm taking occasional "DIS breaks"
My Disney Trips: 2/94 Ramada Main Gate, 2/95 Days Inn, 2/96 ASMu, 11/96 Days Inn, 2/97 Dixie Landing, 11/97 Contemporary, 11/98 Coronado Springs, 2/99 ASMu, 4/99 ASMo & ASMu, 11/99 AS Sports, 2/00 All-Star Sports, 10/00 ASMu, 2/01 Grosvenor, 2/02 ASMu, 2/04 Port Orleans, 12/04 POP, 2/06 Pop, 8/06 Pop, 8/09 ASMu w/DBF, 5/10 AKV Disneymoon

Next: March 12th 2012

Old 05-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #1510
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAusty View Post

hmm.. this one is really hard for me because when I'm at Disney I'm way to high strung to sit and relax.. unless its the end of the day and I'm ready to sleep. But anywhere around mainstreet is always nice.. I like building watching there.. tehe I like people watching in line to.. I'm definitely nosy there.

OHH and I like the sitting area in Morocco.. I think that country in Epcot is beautiful.

I guess another one would be by the pool, when I'm laying out.. hehe..
So I guess I do have quite a few places I like to people watch. .but I'm not soo good with the whole relax thing.. hehe We usually find random places in the shade to cool off.. but no particular place.

Umm..for my question...

What is your favorite dessert/sweet treat at WDW? (what is it, and where can you get it)
[/QUOTE]

I'll have to check Morocco out!

My answer to your question: Hm...I love to get chocolate covered strawberries at WDW. I usually get them at either DTD or the Candy Shop at MK.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #1511
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos928 View Post
Thanks! I had a final this morning and I have one tomorrow afternoon which is a national test cumulative for 2 semester worth of organic chemistry so I'm taking occasional "DIS breaks"
Whoa! Good luck girl! I'm sure you will do good.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #1512
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

My favorite chill spot would have to be House of Blues on the West Side of DTD. Chris and I just sat there with our beers and relaxed after a long day and listened to the live music and it was just...ahhhhhhhh

You should try it!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 05-12-2009, 07:04 PM   #1513
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
My favorite chill spot would have to be House of Blues on the West Side of DTD. Chris and I just sat there with our beers and relaxed after a long day and listened to the live music and it was just...ahhhhhhhh

You should try it!
We will have to do that us 4!
Old 05-12-2009, 08:55 PM   #1514
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

Happy 1/1/1 Day!!!

Awww, your little guy is so sweet to give you a gift. He sure loves his Auntie...

Hugs for the last days of school, summer vacay will be here soon!
Old 05-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #1515
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
Happy 1/1/1 Day!!!

Awww, your little guy is so sweet to give you a gift. He sure loves his Auntie...

Hugs for the last days of school, summer vacay will be here soon!
Haha, thanks for the 1-1-1 wishes! We're getting closer to May 20th...which means I'll start adding the "One Month from Today..." to the "Question of the Day..." posts!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: