Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #91
MelissaFromRI
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow , shining at the end of everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn444 View Post
September 12th
Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe
DDP: 1 TS credit each

we LOVE this place. we are both big hams, so we love the entertainment and we love good food. this being said I was worrie dhow I would be able to eat anythign the way I felt at lunch, and I was still full. But, here we were again ready to eat haha! we were seated in teh main dining room in a booth to the right/back. i got a cotton candy shake and water and Bobby got a strawberry shake and water.

we both ordered the skillet, but I told the girl i don't like salad is there anywya I could get the sausage and cheese appetizer (I LOVE cheese) and she said yes woo hoo.

sadly, the only "antics' there were, was she threw some straws at us. there was plenty of stuff going on at the restaurant, just no fun at our table. oh well. surprisingly, I actually ate a decent amount of food!

but once again was stuffed for dessert so i got the fruit plate. it was HUGE! bobby got the banana dustbowl thing

I ate ltitle of both desserts and felt bad I left so much on my plate. that was like a fruit tray to feed 6 people! anyway, the food was excellent as usual, and ours erver was good in terms of getting our food adn drinks out etc. but the fun factor was way down on this one

shakes x's 2: $11.98
sausage and cheese: $8.99
skillet x's 2: i think it was like $26.99 : $53.98
fruit: not on menu. lets say $6.99
bananna dessert: $5.49

TOTAL: $87.43
Total with tax: $93.11
I have to try one of those cotton candy shakes next time I'm in Disney , it looks AMAZING
I'll just have to order it as a dessert because if I start drinking it before my meal I'll be too full to eat anything
Old 02-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #92
Jazzylolo
"Eating greens is a special treat, It makes long ears and great big feet. But it sure is awful stuff to eat."

What kind of antics do they do at the WCC? We have never been but your review makes me ponder trying it for our June trip. It sounds like something the DH would find fun.

BTW...LOVE your reviews:-)

Jazzylolo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2009, 07:22 AM   #93
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocats_lover View Post
Wow...my husband would LOVE that Whispering Canyon skillet. It's HUGE!
i think its a man thing. they just love giant plates of meat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofdbsdc View Post
Graet updates!!!! We love Sci Fi and WCC!
yay! glad someone else does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaFromRI View Post
I have to try one of those cotton candy shakes next time I'm in Disney , it looks AMAZING
I'll just have to order it as a dessert because if I start drinking it before my meal I'll be too full to eat anything
it was really good, but ti didnt quite taste like cototn candy. I dont know what it taste dlike but it was really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzylolo View Post
What kind of antics do they do at the WCC? We have never been but your review makes me ponder trying it for our June trip. It sounds like something the DH would find fun.

BTW...LOVE your reviews:-)
oh gosh. if you need ketchup they make you yell it across the room and people bring it to you and you get like 10 bottles o your table. they throw straws at you, sometimes give you a really long straw, or a huge glass. when we were there in january and one of our friends went to teh bathrom our server made us all get up adn go hide so no one was there when he got back, they do pony races, kissing contests, all kinds of stuff! its so fun!

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Sept. Deluxe dining report
June 2010 DCL Double Dip TR
heatherlynn444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #94
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

September 13, 2008
Lunch: Yak and Yeti
DDP: 1 TS credit each

We were excited to try this new place. we have said for a long time AK needs a TS restaurant! we got to our 1:00 ressie early and did not like the waiting room. it had like 2 chairs! so we just sat on the floor! very ladylike I know but we were tired and hot and wanted to sit! we waited about 10 minutes and were brought to a room on the left with a lot of windows, and were seated so we could see out to the people wlaking around out front.

our server was a little quirky, but got the job done pretty well. our drinks were empty for a few mintues acouple times but other than that she did pretty well.

for appetizer we got the Dim Sum Basket For 2.

I don't think I ate any of the appetizer! haha. not my thing. i think I got a coke and bobby got a sprite, too btw.

for entrees I got the crispy honey chicken and bobby got the steak ad shrimp

we were plesantly surprised by this meal. the rice was so good, and I had a bite of bobby's steak, SO GOOD! and my chicken was good, too. we really enjoyed this one and will be going back for sure on our next trip. the steak is pretty big that bobby got btw. and there was a lot of rice!

for dessert we slpit the chocolat brownie sundae for two. here we are eating it

it of course was again, good, b/c how do you screw up a sundae? we really enjoyed people watching out our window, and the food was very good. service could ahve been a little better, but voerall a good experience.

2 drinks: $4.78
appetizer for two: $13.99
steak/shrimp: $24.99
chicken: $16.99
sundae: $9.99
TOTAL: $70.74
Total with Tax: $75.33

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report

Last edited by heatherlynn444; 05-13-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:09 PM   #95
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

Yak and Yeti looks so good. It's expensive for Chinese food though!! Have you made your ADRs for May yet?

KristinAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:35 PM   #96
Jazzylolo
"Eating greens is a special treat, It makes long ears and great big feet. But it sure is awful stuff to eat."

Quote:
oh gosh. if you need ketchup they make you yell it across the room and people bring it to you and you get like 10 bottles o your table. they throw straws at you, sometimes give you a really long straw, or a huge glass. when we were there in january and one of our friends went to teh bathrom our server made us all get up adn go hide so no one was there when he got back, they do pony races, kissing contests, all kinds of stuff! its so fun!
That sounds fun! The friends are going with in June are going to the Whispering Canyon...we may have to join them now. My DH will LOVE that.

The Yak and Yeti is so yummy. We went there this past August and ordered the exact same meals! I love the chicken and that steak...mmmm it is good! We got the Fried Wontons for desert....best thing ever. I think we will go back there again in June now that I am talking about it.

Jazzylolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #97
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinAnne View Post
Yak and Yeti looks so good. It's expensive for Chinese food though!! Have you made your ADRs for May yet?
well we cant make them until mid february witht he new 90 day rule, but I have it all lined up where I am eating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzylolo View Post
That sounds fun! The friends are going with in June are going to the Whispering Canyon...we may have to join them now. My DH will LOVE that.

The Yak and Yeti is so yummy. We went there this past August and ordered the exact same meals! I love the chicken and that steak...mmmm it is good! We got the Fried Wontons for desert....best thing ever. I think we will go back there again in June now that I am talking about it.
WCC is so fun IF you get a good server. we literally asked for a good server when I went 3 weeks ago. I just went up to the podium and said "i want to sit in the main dining room and want a fun server" and thats what i got! haha

Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 02-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #98
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Yum, yum, Yum! Just getting caught up, I would be rolling out of the restaurants if I ate all that food.

I think that the Yak and Yeti CS honey chicken looks pretty much the same. And it was good. Just in case someone wants to save on time or $$.

So nice of you to break down costs for us. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2009, 05:43 AM   #99
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Just read through all of your reviews so far - sounds like you had some great meals. More great ones still to come too, I hope. I love the sound of the cotton candy shake at WCC - we have had lunch there once and really enjoyed it but don't fancy the skillet at all.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #100
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Yum, yum, Yum! Just getting caught up, I would be rolling out of the restaurants if I ate all that food.

I think that the Yak and Yeti CS honey chicken looks pretty much the same. And it was good. Just in case someone wants to save on time or $$.

So nice of you to break down costs for us. Thanks!
no problem, I enjoy doing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Just read through all of your reviews so far - sounds like you had some great meals. More great ones still to come too, I hope. I love the sound of the cotton candy shake at WCC - we have had lunch there once and really enjoyed it but don't fancy the skillet at all.
we did have some fabulous meals, and yes mny more to come!

Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 02-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #101
summersalt
DIS Veteran

I have enjoyed all of your reviews. I just have one question for you. If you had to choose between Yak & Yeti or Citricos, which would you choose?

DH DD ME Sandy
summersalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #102
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
I have enjoyed all of your reviews. I just have one question for you. If you had to choose between Yak & Yeti or Citricos, which would you choose?
oh citricos definately! but they are two totally different, and differently priced restaurants.

Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 02-04-2009, 06:39 AM   #103
summersalt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
oh citricos definately! but they are two totally different, and differently priced restaurants.
Thanks for your opinion. I have to choose between having dinner at Ak at Yak & Yeti or back at the resort for dinner at Citricos. We plan to do EMH at MK on the same night after dinner.

DH DD ME Sandy
Old 02-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #104
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
Thanks for your opinion. I have to choose between having dinner at Ak at Yak & Yeti or back at the resort for dinner at Citricos. We plan to do EMH at MK on the same night after dinner.
then I would def. do citricos for the proximity to the MK! request Danny as your server. he is great!

Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 02-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #105
summersalt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
then I would def. do citricos for the proximity to the MK! request Danny as your server. he is great!
I'll definitely ask for Danny. Be sure to let us know what you've picked for your May trip. Can't wait to find out!

DH DD ME Sandy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: