Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2009, 08:17 AM   #136
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWISHFORDISNEY View Post
Sorry to hear about yor grandpa. That sucks about losing the menu. He is such a sweetie to go to all the trouble. Dinner sounded good though. I hope the champagne was good. Great reviews so far keep them coming.
the champagne was sadly, horrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeverina View Post
I have really been enjoying your reviews, but so, so sorry about your grandfather.
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Heather - I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. Hopefully he is resting now.

I am loving your reviews so far. The pictures are great too! You and your DH are a very good looking couple. I loved your review on WCC. We ate there once for breakfast and had a ball! My girls would love those shakes you had. Keep up the great job!
thanks. he had congestive heart failure and was 89, his heart just gave out.

the shakes are amazing. Bobby loves strawberry. I think I have vanilla one time to that was good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzylolo View Post
I am so sorry to hear about you grandfather.

It is interesting to hear that they messed up your DH's special surprise for you. We went to Disney World last August for our 1 year wedding anniversary. My friend back home called up the California Grille to let them know it was our anniversary and she ordered a cake for us from the restaurant. A whole cake that would say "Happy Anniversary Pat and Lauren" on it with champagne too. She didn't tell me what the surprise was, and being our first time to Disney, I thought the confetti on the table and the dumb chocolate sign with "Happy Anniversary" on it was her surprise. She asked if I got it and of course made fun of her for it being so lame...and then she told me we were suppose to get a whole cake and I was so mad! She called the California Grille and they thought she ordered it for the following week. So...we had a bad experience with a restaurant at Disney screwing up our surprise too. I feel like they should pay more attention to those things...it is suppose to be the happiest place on earth right??

Oh, and we are eating at the Coral Reef in June...our first time and that chocolate wave looks AMAZING!
oh wow. I hope your friend got her money back! I would have been so mad! and yes the choc. wave is so good! save room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaFromRI View Post
Food looks awesome. We're having lunch at the Coral Reef in May. We usually do dinner , but want to be different and try lunch
lunch is just as good as dinner! alot of the same foods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamfinder2 View Post
Heather, I sure am sorry about your grandfather. My prayers are with y'all.
thanks. we knew it was coming, but still sad. I feel bad for my mom. her mom died 2 months before I was born, and her dad was all she had left, and I think yesterday brought back memories of when her mom died very suddenly.

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Sept. Deluxe dining report
June 2010 DCL Double Dip TR
heatherlynn444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:36 AM   #137
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

September 14th, 2008
Dinner: Citricos
DDP: 2 TS credits each

Ok, the long awaited Citricos review, 1 of 2. haha.
Originally, we were not going to eat here. I think we were supposed to eat at the Grand Floridian Cafe maybe? anyway, We were walking around the GF one night and passed by it and they have the menu posted out front so we decided to take a look. Bobby really wanted to try it so I said ok,a nd we made a reservation for 5:30. (they open at 5:30) we got there at 5:25 and were asked to take a seat. they have a very nice little waiting area with tables and chairs. after about 4-5 minutes, we were seated. We were lucky enough to get seated by a nice window. I really like the theming of this restaurant. it is fun but elegant at the same time.

This is when we were introduced to Danny. He is fabulous! I told him how picky of an eater I was, and we told him we were celebrating ouranniversary. He brought us Mickey straws!

we both got sprite, and ordered our appetizers. I told him I didn't like anything on the menu for appetizers, but I saw on the kids menu there was some cheese (I love cheese. not fancy cheese, just regular cheddar cheese) and he said it was not a problem. Bobby ordered the Sauteed shrimp appetizer

so I thouht I was going to get this puny kids appetier, but he had them fix me an adult sized cheese plate. I was so happy! and I love grapes, and crackers, so it was perfect for me.

for entrees, I got the Filet Jardiniere which is just an oak grilled stak, and bobby got the bone-in ribeye. all this time, Danny kept coming and checking on us and making smalltalk. When he found out I was a teacher, he went nuts and said how much he loves and respects teachers. He was just a great server. He cracked jokes with us, asked what we had been doing in disney, etc. etc.

we both loved our food. the steak was great and so were the mashed potatoes. bobby loved his as well and ate every bite. He kept saying how we couldn't believe we had never been here before and how we had to come back.

for dessert I got the Warm Chocolate Banana Torte with ice cream and bobby got the Tiramisu. my dessert was pretty good, not my FAVORITE but still really good. Bobby loved his.

so anyway, we just loved this place. we told danny we were coming back in two days and asked if he would be working. he said yes, ad he said if we couldn't get a reservation to call and ask to speak to him and he would get us one. I also told him we were coming back in May with my parents (which we are)
anyway, this place gets 5 smily face stars.

sprite $2.29
sprite: $2.29
shrimp: $14.00
cheese: $8.00 (he put it as salad on the receipt)
steak: $41.00
ribeye: $45.00
banana dessert: $8.00
tiramisu: $8.00
Total: 128.58
total with tax: $136.94

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report

Last edited by heatherlynn444; 05-13-2009 at 10:38 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2009, 08:46 AM   #138
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

Love the reviews of Coral Reef and Citricos....waiting patiently for the rest.
First trip December 2006 9 Days at Pop Century, January 2007 1 day trip to MK, May 2007 1 day trip to MK, August 24th Pirate and Princess Party, May 2008 DD's birthday at MK! December 9, 2008 mvmcp May 2010 4 days offsite DD's 7th birthday and baby's 1st trip! December 2012 6 days at Pop Century, Deluxe dp, September 2015 , First Cruise on Disney Dream 4 night bahamian
Me DD DS

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon"-Will Turner
mickeysgirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:49 AM   #139
summersalt
DIS Veteran

Ooooooo.... I was so excited when I saw up updated your review. Citricos looks fabulous. I can't wait to try it.

Sorry about the Coral Reef incident. I would have been upset too. That's a memory you can't get back.

My prayers are with you and your family during the loss of your granddaddy.

DH DD ME Sandy
summersalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:35 AM   #140
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

So glad to hear great things about Citricos. We'll be trying it for the first time in October!
Old 02-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #141
jmetz1028
Mouseketeer

Late joining in. Catching up. Reviewes and pics are great.

Pop & CSR Split Stay 2008
Off-Site 2012 (Business Trip)
Animal Kingdom Lodge & Cinderella Suite 2014 (ABC Family - 25 Days of Christmas Sweepstakes Win)
jmetz1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #142
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgirl17 View Post
Love the reviews of Coral Reef and Citricos....waiting patiently for the rest.
thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
Ooooooo.... I was so excited when I saw up updated your review. Citricos looks fabulous. I can't wait to try it.

Sorry about the Coral Reef incident. I would have been upset too. That's a memory you can't get back.

My prayers are with you and your family during the loss of your granddaddy.
thanks so much. citrico's is a must try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
So glad to hear great things about Citricos. We'll be trying it for the first time in October!
I am sure you will love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmetz1028 View Post
Late joining in. Catching up. Reviewes and pics are great.
thanks for reading!

Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 02-07-2009, 11:43 AM   #143
starrzone
Quirky with snack cakes

Isn't it nice to get a really great server? They can totally make you want to come back to a place, and to bring your friends and family! If I ever eat at Citrico's, I'm totally requesting Danny. I like people who are flexible and accommmodating and who don't say "No" when asked if they can substitute something for you.

Can't wait to read more; you're making me drool! (closest I could find!)

Come check out my blog: http://starrzone.wordpress.com

starrzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #144
babytrees
I hate when you've been salivating over something and then it disappoints!!
Who has a big toe the same size as the rest of their toes??? I know I don't have uniform feet

love the food reviews so much I do believe I am heading over to read your trip reports!!

mom to Cassidy and Abi
my favorite princesses
babytrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #145
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrzone View Post
Isn't it nice to get a really great server? They can totally make you want to come back to a place, and to bring your friends and family! If I ever eat at Citrico's, I'm totally requesting Danny. I like people who are flexible and accommmodating and who don't say "No" when asked if they can substitute something for you.

Can't wait to read more; you're making me drool! (closest I could find!)
ITA. a server can make or break the experience for you! he was so great baout substituting the appetizer for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytrees View Post
love the food reviews so much I do believe I am heading over to read your trip reports!!
please do! I really enjoy writing them and put a lot into it!

Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 02-07-2009, 01:30 PM   #146
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Great reviews though. Servers really can add so much to an experience at a restaurant. Looking forward to more!

KristinAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #147
MelissaFromRI
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow , shining at the end of everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn444 View Post
September 14th, 2008
Dinner: Citricos
DDP: 2 TS credits each

Ok, the long awaited Citricos review, 1 of 2. haha.
Originally, we were not going to eat here. I think we were supposed to eat at the Grand Floridian Cafe maybe? anyway, We were walking around the GF one night and passed by it and they have the menu posted out front so we decided to take a look. Bobby really wanted to try it so I said ok,a nd we made a reservation for 5:30. (they open at 5:30) we got there at 5:25 and were asked to take a seat. they have a very nice little waiting area with tables and chairs. after about 4-5 minutes, we were seated. We were lucky enough to get seated by a nice window. I really like the theming of this restaurant. it is fun but elegant at the same time.

This is when we were introduced to Danny. He is fabulous! I told him how picky of an eater I was, and we told him we were celebrating ouranniversary. He brought us Mickey straws!

we both got sprite, and ordered our appetizers. I told him I didn't like anything on the menu for appetizers, but I saw on the kids menu there was some cheese (I love cheese. not fancy cheese, just regular cheddar cheese) and he said it was not a problem. Bobby ordered the Sauteed shrimp appetizer

so I thouht I was going to get this puny kids appetier, but he had them fix me an adult sized cheese plate. I was so happy! and I love grapes, and crackers, so it was perfect for me.

for entrees, I got the Filet Jardiniere which is just an oak grilled stak, and bobby got the bone-in ribeye. all this time, Danny kept coming and checking on us and making smalltalk. When he found out I was a teacher, he went nuts and said how much he loves and respects teachers. He was just a great server. He cracked jokes with us, asked what we had been doing in disney, etc. etc.

we both loved our food. the steak was great and so were the mashed potatoes. bobby loved his as well and ate every bite. He kept saying how we couldn't believe we had never been here before and how we had to come back.

for dessert I got the Warm Chocolate Banana Torte with ice cream and bobby got the Tiramisu. my dessert was pretty good, not my FAVORITE but still really good. Bobby loved his.

of course I had to play with my chocolate

so anyway, we just loved this place. we told danny we were coming back in two days and asked if he would be working. he said yes, ad he said if we couldn't get a reservation to call and ask to speak to him and he would get us one. I also told him we were coming back in May with my parents (which we are)
anyway, this place gets 5 smily face stars.

sprite $2.29
sprite: $2.29
shrimp: $14.00
cheese: $8.00 (he put it as salad on the receipt)
steak: $41.00
ribeye: $45.00
banana dessert: $8.00
tiramisu: $8.00
Total: 128.58
total with tax: $136.94
Citricos is such an amzing place to eat. We ate there in December on Joe's (The Concierge at the RPC) reccomendation and now we are hooked and eating there again in May
I personally had the Truffled Potato Soup as an app , the Filet Jardiniere as my main course and the Tiramisu as my dessert. Everything was sooo good , I may get the exact same meal in May

Love your reports , thanks for taking the time to write them. I hope your family is getting through this difficult time as best as they can
Old 02-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #148
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

great reviews, especially Citricos.
we cant wait to eat there for our anniversary in May
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge @ Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
August 2014- Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #149
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtatty View Post
great reviews, especially Citricos.
we cant wait to eat there for our anniversary in May
you will love it. request Danny as your server! you won't be disapointed!

Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 02-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #150
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

I'm really enjoying your reviews. You look to be having a great time.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: