Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #1
jennyf10
Mouseketeer

Just returned - some dining reviews

Sorry, no photos. But here are some reviews if you are interested:

1) Yak and Yeti - I had the duck and it was delicious! Not at all greasy or heavy with a good flavor. My DS (10) had the Shrimp LoMein and my husband had the Steak and Shrimp. Good reviews from everyone! I would eat here again.
2) 50's Prime Time Cafe - Sweetness overload!! Of course, no one forced me to order the Berry Smoothie and dessert! I had the pot roast and my husband ordered the meatloaf. We both agreed the pot roast was much better than the meatloaf. DS had a big 'Dagwood' type sandwich which was very good. Service here was s-l-o-w.... This was more of an 'experience' rather than a dining destination so I'm not sure if I'd eat here again. Did I mention how good the pot roast was??
3) San Angel Inn - I ordered the Churrasco Con Chilaquiles when what I really wanted (based on other reviews) was the Puntas de Filete en Salsa Guajillo. Regardless, my steak was very good and flavorful. DS had the Mahi-Mahi which he said was excellent. The ambiance is wonderful after a bright hot morning in Futureworld! I would eat here again.
4) Crystal Palace - I picked this more for the characters than the food but the food was delicious! One remark: the buffet line can be very long, as you have to go through the salad line to get to the main courses, even if you don't want salad (unless you want to get dirty looks by 'jumping ahead' to the main course line). The dessert buffet is separate; CP should seriously think about having a separate salad line as well. I don't think I'll do this again only because I've eaten here every trip I've had to Disney and I'm ready to move on.
5) Les Chefs de France - Went here specifically so my son could try escargots. We all tried them; they weren't half-bad! A little too much parsley for my taste but lots of butter and garlic which is OK in my book! Remy briefly visited our table - he was cute! I had the beef filet and my husband had the short ribs. The ribs were much better than the beef filet but I did enjoy the green beans and potatoes which came with the filet. My son ordered a shrimp/scallop skewer (Noix de Saint Jacques et gambas sautees Flan d'epinards, sauce a l'oseille) which he enjoyed but my husband tasted and said was nothing special. I don't eat seafood so I didn't try this entree. Now that I've tried escargot I don't think I'll be back. The food was good but there's not enough variety on the menu to warrant a return trip.
6) Wolfgang Puck Cafe - This was my only disappointment of the trip. I specifically booked this restaurant for the Veal Wienerschnitzel only to be told a) it wasn't on the Cafe menu anymore, just the menu upstairs and b) it was now made with pork! Huh? I've never heard of pork Weinerschnitzel! So I ordered the Maytag blue cheese flat iron steak which is served with fries and onion straws and the server graciously allowed me to swap green beans for the onion straws. My husband had wanted the Cobb salad but the restaurant didn't have blue cheese dressing (!) so he had to settle for something else (can't remember what at this time). My son was the only satisfied customer - he ordered the Chef's Sampler sushi platter and loved it. I don't think I'll return here.
7) 1900 Park Fare Mad Hatter Breakfast - Great food! Of course, I love breakfast anyway so this is a no-brainer for me. They offer breads, muffins, croissants, fresh fruit, waffles, french toast, pancakes, made-to-order waffles, strawberry soup, some type of lobster sauce, bagels, lox, ice cream, etc. We saw the Mad Hatter, Alice, Mary Poppins, Pooh and Tigger (didn't realize we'd see them again after Crystal Palace!). I would eat here again in a heartbeat!

Sorry no pictures but I hope this review helps someone!
jennyf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Sorry some meals didn't turn out the way you wanted, but glad to hear the others were great. Glad you loved Yak & Yeti. It is now one of our must dos!

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
joenan88
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for your review..I have heard so many mixed reviews regarding San Angel...so I was happy to read yours.. and love love Yak and Yeti..it is a must for us, as well...those fried wontons are too yummy!!!!
(August 2011) Disney 4night Dream Cruise/ Universal Portofino
(December "Christmas 2010 )Disneyland~Grand Californian
(2010Feb) Disneyland/Universal Hollywood (2 rooms)
~(2009 August)The Wilderness Lodge (2 rooms) and The Portofino Club level @ Universal
~(2008 August) Surprised The Kiddies At The Grand Floridian Club Level for son's 8th Birthday and The Portofino Club level @ Universal
~(2007 November) The Polynesian and The Hard Rock @ Universal
~(2003 January) 1st Trip To WDW with my kids 2 rooms @ Disney All Star Movies
joenan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #4
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenan88 View Post
Thanks so much for your review..I have heard so many mixed reviews regarding San Angel...so I was happy to read yours.. and love love Yak and Yeti..it is a must for us, as well...those fried wontons are too yummy!!!!
My husband had the duck at San Angel and LOVES it.

chell is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: