Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #61
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

ooh thats a great idea! that would be so great sending them from CC! Make sure they dont find out too - it will be an amazing surprise! hehe!

I wanted to try on one of those veils but the shop where my dress is doesnt have one, they look so elegant! Maybe you could dye it green to go with your dress? I cant wait to see you in one of those green dresses! I was thinking about you the other day i saw this lovely ben linen material in a shop called matalan here in the uk- it was satin and green like the green you want - it was epensive tho - for a bed set- otherwise i would have got it- the colour looked stunning! Your wedding isnt even that far away! woo!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:36 PM   #62
spacerangerqueen
DIS Veteran

Save the Dates

So I was super obsessed with my STD idea that I had to complete it today. So I found that Vista Print had 100 postcards for FREE (so I only need 10, the extras can hold up the leg of the coffee table )

Well in order to get them here before I sail out on March 15th I had to pay $14, but by the time I found that out I was already in love with the design! I also priced out some other sites and it was still the cheapest route. I tried to go through Sunshine Rewards to get 8% back, but then instead of being free the postcards were only half off and I would have had to pay $12 plus shipping ummmm no thanks!

So, without further ado here is the lovely front of my STD :

For the back I searched through Vista prints "seasonal" designs and found a cool swirly background and typed out:

Jeff & Becky

are getting married!

We're sailing on the Disney Magic
October 10-17, 2009

Hope you can join us!

Invitation to follow

So they should arrive in 7 days!
I'm sooo excited. My first real wedding item!
spacerangerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #63
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

I love how the design came out for the STDs. I use Vista Print for stuff all the time including the STDs for our at-home reception and I was really pleased with the quality of how they came out, so I don't think you will be disappointed I remember how the first of many wedding purchases was so exciting.

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:23 PM   #64
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Love the STD's
Old 02-24-2009, 11:02 PM   #65
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Location: In Florida - close to Mickey's front door, yet still so far away!!

Yay DCL brides!!!
I am doing a VR on December 4th! So I can't wait to read all about yours, since your wedding is before mine!

I LOVE all of your ideas so far! It seems fabulous and sophisticated. I also think that you should totally go for a green dress! I am really leaning towards a pale blue one - (my favorite color!)

Green would look lovely with your hair. I'm partial to redheads since my daughter is one. I love her in green, purple, and pink!

You are like super way ahead of me with all of your planning, and you just started! I am like so indecisive about everything, so I keep changing my mind! I am glad that we decided on the cruise and my colors are blue and pink.

Your save the dates are awesome! Keep the good ideas coming - so maybe I can "borrow" a few!
CinderelliT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:16 AM   #66
HeatherNJNC
Twitterpated!

I love all of your ideas, so unique and original! I love hearing about your planning for your DCL wedding! Plus you're getting married on my birthday so I know it will be amazing! Good luck with the rest, can't wait to read more!

I WAS A DISNEY BRIDE!
September 19, 2009
Sea Breeze Point/Ariel's
PJ & TR
HeatherNJNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:43 AM   #67
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

Love the fascinator!! Very cool!!

The idea of mailing your STD's from CC is great!! What a neat touch to your wedding!!

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:31 AM   #68
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Ohhhh I love it!! Such a great idea!! Your guests will be so excited to get a fun postcard from CC!! Cannot wait to hear more!!
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:55 PM   #69
spacerangerqueen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibustacey View Post
ooh thats a great idea! that would be so great sending them from CC! Make sure they dont find out too - it will be an amazing surprise! hehe!

I wanted to try on one of those veils but the shop where my dress is doesnt have one, they look so elegant! Maybe you could dye it green to go with your dress? I cant wait to see you in one of those green dresses! I was thinking about you the other day i saw this lovely ben linen material in a shop called matalan here in the uk- it was satin and green like the green you want - it was epensive tho - for a bed set- otherwise i would have got it- the colour looked stunning! Your wedding isnt even that far away! woo!
I don't know if I'd want to dye the veil green (did I mention my mom suggested dying her dress green ) although now I am picturing a green veil..... lol

That's awesome that you thought of me! If that fabric hadn't been expensive I could have draped it on the railing of the Deck at the ceremony haha.

Shhhh I keep telling myself that it is pretty far away and I have oodles of time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan814 View Post
I love how the design came out for the STDs. I use Vista Print for stuff all the time including the STDs for our at-home reception and I was really pleased with the quality of how they came out, so I don't think you will be disappointed I remember how the first of many wedding purchases was so exciting.
Thanks! When I took a class on my College Program they had us design and order the free Vistaprint business cards. I thought it was funny that I then saw the name pop up here on the boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
Love the STD's
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderelliT View Post
Yay DCL brides!!!
I am doing a VR on December 4th! So I can't wait to read all about yours, since your wedding is before mine!

I LOVE all of your ideas so far! It seems fabulous and sophisticated. I also think that you should totally go for a green dress! I am really leaning towards a pale blue one - (my favorite color!)

Green would look lovely with your hair. I'm partial to redheads since my daughter is one. I love her in green, purple, and pink!

You are like super way ahead of me with all of your planning, and you just started! I am like so indecisive about everything, so I keep changing my mind! I am glad that we decided on the cruise and my colors are blue and pink.

Your save the dates are awesome! Keep the good ideas coming - so maybe I can "borrow" a few!
Yey! Go for the blue dress!
I hope all my ideas pan out haha

Oh and I totally need to write a huge long post in your PJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherNJNC View Post
I love all of your ideas, so unique and original! I love hearing about your planning for your DCL wedding! Plus you're getting married on my birthday so I know it will be amazing! Good luck with the rest, can't wait to read more!
haha I knew it was a good date!
I'll try and keep my PJ worth reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
Love the fascinator!! Very cool!!

The idea of mailing your STD's from CC is great!! What a neat touch to your wedding!!
Thanks! I think I may try to make a fascinator that looks like that rather than buying the one off etsy, but we shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
Ohhhh I love it!! Such a great idea!! Your guests will be so excited to get a fun postcard from CC!! Cannot wait to hear more!!
haha I think I am going to make my STD the wallpaper on my work computer. All day today I was thinking how much I wanted to just stare at it I might need professional help....
Old 02-25-2009, 06:43 PM   #70
princess22
I would just lay around the pool
How long til I'm not earning my ears anymore?

Those STDs are so cute! Great idea, I love it!
princess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:57 PM   #71
camara381
DIS Veteran

I love the save the date postcards!!! The design is perfect!!! We did our announcements through vistaprint and loved them, the quality is really good!

Carolina * : DH: Sergio * DS: Marcel * DS: Aleczander * DDog: Romeo

Holy Redeemer Catholic Church/ Italy Isola / Italy Plaza / Living Seas Salon (LSS)
My Planning Journal September 05, 2009
camara381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:29 AM   #72
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Quote:
haha I think I am going to make my STD the wallpaper on my work computer. All day today I was thinking how much I wanted to just stare at it I might need professional help....
Ummm if looking at your STD means you need help then I am quiet positive that all of the girls on here need professional help as well (present company included of course)
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:12 PM   #73
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Location: In Florida - close to Mickey's front door, yet still so far away!!

Not only do I stare at my pictures all day long, I also have fellow DISer's MK bridal pictures on my computer that I stare at!!
We all need help!
CinderelliT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:14 PM   #74
spacerangerqueen
DIS Veteran

I let my PJ slip to page2!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess22 View Post
Those STDs are so cute! Great idea, I love it!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camara381 View Post
I love the save the date postcards!!! The design is perfect!!! We did our announcements through vistaprint and loved them, the quality is really good!
Thanks! That's good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
Ummm if looking at your STD means you need help then I am quiet positive that all of the girls on here need professional help as well (present company included of course)
LOL Well that might be true
I did make my STD the wallpaper on my work computer. I definitely minimize windows more than I used to haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderelliT View Post
Not only do I stare at my pictures all day long, I also have fellow DISer's MK bridal pictures on my computer that I stare at!!
We all need help!
Ok. Fair enough. I am guilty of all of that too
Old 03-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #75
MegKate
2010 UMaine Graduate... now unemployed. What to do? Spend time on the DIS!

I have to say if I had such a spiffy STD I would stare at it all day long. (Gosh, no one take that sentence out of context! Wow it sounds just wrong! ) Great job!!!
MY PJ can be found here!, Facebook me!
WDW - 1991, 1993, 2000, 2001(Contemporary), 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (Pop), 2011
WDL - 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
Our Wedding/Honeymoon - October 8-20 (POFQ)

Our 5 year anniversary trip - April 26 - May 4, 2014 at the Polynesian - CASTLE VIEW!

MegKate is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: