Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2014, 01:44 AM   #1
connorlevismom

DIS Veteran

Did Disney fire all it's bathroom attendants?

I have been here for almost a week now and I am SHOCKED at the state of the bathrooms, everywhere! They are filthy and disgusting and I have never experienced this before, ever. We come 2x a year and we always have been impressed with how clean the bathrooms were and that there always seems to be someone cleaning them. Now this trip there has either been nobody in them or someone is there but they are still gross and the person does not seem to be doing much.

I do intend on contacting someone about this, but who? Should I just go to guest services or is there someone I should email?
connorlevismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:55 AM   #2
o0quirkygirl0o
just a little mischievous

Sorry I don't have any advice on who to contact, but that sounds disgusting. I have heard quite a few reports of really filthy bathrooms lately. I really hope Disney gets on top of this issue!

Me DH
o0quirkygirl0o is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2014, 02:49 AM   #3
coluk003
Mouseketeer

Guest services in the park. if its all 4 parks, visit them in each park. No one will know unless guests say something.

And just think, yes disney might not be cleaning them like they should, but your fellow humans made that mess
coluk003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:30 AM   #4
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

If someone is in there cleaning and they are still gross, then it is obvious they haven't fired all of the cleaning crew, isn't it? It just means your fellow park goers are a bunch of pigs. Some people behave like animals.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:01 AM   #5
plutolovr
DIS Veteran

The "bathroom attendants" as you call them are custodial cast members, and they do more than just the bathrooms. They also pickup after the pigs that throw all of their trash around the parks. People have become extremely lazy in throwing their trash out. There are trash cans every few feet it seems, shouldn't be that hard.

The custodians make rounds. So they may only get to their restroom once every hour or so and with the crowds the way they have been, it wouldn't surprise me that the restrooms get messy in that time. Then take into account emergency clean-ups from spills, someone getting sick, etc. that take their time as well.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:20 AM   #6
ericstac
DIS Veteran

it only takes one person to make a nasty mess in a bathroom.. this really sucks though because like the OP I've always been impressed with how clean the restrooms are there. And I'm pretty picky about public restrooms. I've been to WDW during slow and extremely busy, parks closed due to capacity and still the restrooms were clean..
2013 - Beach Club/Polynesian - Christmas
2014 - (May) Port Orleans Riverside
2014 - (July) Port Orleans French Quarter
2014 - (Dec) Port Orleans Riverside

EJ's Disney Pinterest Board

EJ's 2014 VLOG has Begun
ericstac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:21 AM   #7
Suvadoo
DIS Veteran

I don't care who's to blame for the messes in the parks or in the bathrooms, it Disney's job to make sure they're clean. I cannot prevent people from leaving messes, but Disney is responsible for making sure they're cleaned up.

Also, the OP said a CM was in one of the dirty bathrooms and wasn't doing very much. Just because a CM is assigned to clean up, doesn't mean they're doing their job.

It appears that Disney is filling their parks with guests, but not providing enough support staff to keep the parks clean. My friend was there last week and there was trash, including a dirty diaper in the HM on the walk from the elevator to the Doom Buggies. Yes some people are pigs, but I'm not going to go around on my vacation cleaning up after them. Not my job.
Suvadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:46 AM   #8
Networth
It all started with a mouse...or something like that.

I saw someone walk out of Main Street bakery/Starbucks and drop their empty sugar packets and extra napkins right on the ground some people truly are lazy pigs.

Next “official" Trip: 12/12/14-12/21/14 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
Networth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:47 AM   #9
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Yeah, there's no excuse in my book. If you need to clean them more often because people are dirtier (which I don't believe), well, then clean them more often. If they need to clean them more because of crowds, well, then clean them more often.

There is nothing worse than a dirty, smelly bathroom.

On a side note, I'm always impressed with how clean the bathrooms are at the airport in Orlando. Our airport's are disgusting in contrast.

Last edited by ArwenMarie; 12-03-2014 at 07:16 AM.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:00 AM   #10
Gracie09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Networth View Post
I saw someone walk out of Main Street bakery/Starbucks and drop their empty sugar packets and extra napkins right on the ground some people truly are lazy pigs.
Yup. I saw someone "miss" throwing a paper towel in the garbage and when her dd went to pick it up for her said to leave it, it's not her job to pick up trash. I walked over picked it up and threw it away. People in general are dirtier (although with the antibacterial craze you would think the opposite) and lazier than in the past. Maybe I've had good luck in bathrooms but I've never seen any truly dirty. I've seen a few where the users are pigs and won't even deposit trash correctly or splash water every where. It's one of the reasons I'm happy they have auto flush toilets. I imagine about half the people wouldn't flush if they didn't have them.
Gracie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:10 AM   #11
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvadoo View Post
I don't care who's to blame for the messes in the parks or in the bathrooms, it Disney's job to make sure they're clean. I cannot prevent people from leaving messes, but Disney is responsible for making sure they're cleaned up. Also, the OP said a CM was in one of the dirty bathrooms and wasn't doing very much. Just because a CM is assigned to clean up, doesn't mean they're doing their job. It appears that Disney is filling their parks with guests, but not providing enough support staff to keep the parks clean. My friend was there last week and there was trash, including a dirty diaper in the HM on the walk from the elevator to the Doom Buggies. Yes some people are pigs, but I'm not going to go around on my vacation cleaning up after them. Not my job.
Amen!
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:38 AM   #12
sophia315
Mouseketeer

We are here too and had a convo last night about how some of the bathrooms have been really dirty. Even my 5 year old warned her Grandmom about a bathroom 2 days ago.
sophia315 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:53 AM   #13
Mome Rath
Mouseketeer

During my trip in November I was happily surprised to see a bathroom attendant cleaning in every bathroom I went in in the park (and in most hotel bathrooms). When they were done with the farthest stall they would go back to the beginning and start again, they weren't just picking things up, but also spraying things down to clean. I ran into some of the same ones the whole time we were there, and often saw the same cast member the same day in the same bathroom.

People do need to police their own trash in their own area, if everyone did just that, it would be radically different.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:02 AM   #14
kalc12345
DIS Veteran

We were there about 2 weeks ago and noticed how horrible the restrooms were. We go to Disney a lot and have never seen it like that. Not only are the restrooms not clean but you have to go through about 3 paper towel holders before you find one with towels. After we got home I sent an email to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com and shared the restroom conditions and other things we encountered during our trip (sadly Disney is going downhill!!). A couple days later I got a phone call from them. She was super nice and took my concerns seriously. Contact them if you have a problem! That is the only way they will know.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:07 AM   #15
kitkat4622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mome Rath View Post
During my trip in November I was happily surprised to see a bathroom attendant cleaning in every bathroom I went in in the park (and in most hotel bathrooms). When they were done with the farthest stall they would go back to the beginning and start again, they weren't just picking things up, but also spraying things down to clean. I ran into some of the same ones the whole time we were there, and often saw the same cast member the same day in the same bathroom.

People do need to police their own trash in their own area, if everyone did just that, it would be radically different.
I went in November also and it was our first trip and I was surprised at how clean these public bathrooms were and I too always saw someone cleaning.
Our "fellow" visitors can truly be pigs and yes the CM are responsible for cleaning but how about a little blame on the part of the person making the mess. It makes you wonder what these people's own homes are like...
kitkat4622 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: