Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #46
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures
 
autumnpalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,172

You are definitely not alone. The only way I can force myself to work out is if I have music. I have very specific workout playlists and without them, I am completely unmotivated.

Love your pin board! It's so cute how it mimics the real pin cards.
__________________
"Trust the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)
autumnpalm is offline  
Old 02-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #47
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran
 
TxRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,305

Cold weather does not help AT ALL.

I always have to do some sort of reward system. One successful system to jump start working out again was to reward myself with a song for each work out I did for the first two weeks. I was shooting for 3 a week. Then I did something like every other work out. And then once a week. And at the end of the month or 6 weeks or something, a whole new CD if I did every work out that I wanted to do. It was a good system because I really enjoyed listening to the new songs on my workouts. Oh. And you can ONLY listen to your new songs when you work out.
TxRabbit is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #48
olafgypsy
Earning My Ears
 
olafgypsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 51

Lurker here, LOVING this PTR!! I can totally sympathize with the anti-Disney DH. When I saw the 4 / 3 deal I was soooooooo excited and I begged my husband to go with me, and he said, "I would rather save my money to go to a REAL place." So, I convinced my mom and two sisters to join me in the World instead. But someday, I will get the DH there. He loves animals, so I think I could tempt him with the AKL.
olafgypsy is offline  
Old 02-06-2009, 09:49 AM   #49
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?
 
WDWRocksMySocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
You are definitely not alone. The only way I can force myself to work out is if I have music. I have very specific workout playlists and without them, I am completely unmotivated.

Love your pin board! It's so cute how it mimics the real pin cards.
Isn't it funny how music can really just put you in the mood to work-out harder and longer? I even occasionally find myself shakin' my booty on the elliptical. I'm sure I'm going to fall off one of these days!

Thanks! I love when people come over to our house - I force them to look at it. I don't care if they want to or not, I make them look! Ha, I'm a great hostess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsadams View Post
Cold weather does not help AT ALL.

I always have to do some sort of reward system. One successful system to jump start working out again was to reward myself with a song for each work out I did for the first two weeks. I was shooting for 3 a week. Then I did something like every other work out. And then once a week. And at the end of the month or 6 weeks or something, a whole new CD if I did every work out that I wanted to do. It was a good system because I really enjoyed listening to the new songs on my workouts. Oh. And you can ONLY listen to your new songs when you work out.
You are SO right!! I workout w/ Aaron, and if it's below 20 we convince ourselves it's too cold to workout. Ha, we're such bums!

I love your idea of a reward system! I think that would really help me, as I really do like instant gratification (yes, I'll admit it!). Hmmm...now I'm going to have to figure out what my reward could be. I'll get back to you on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olafgypsy View Post
Lurker here, LOVING this PTR!! I can totally sympathize with the anti-Disney DH. When I saw the 4 / 3 deal I was soooooooo excited and I begged my husband to go with me, and he said, "I would rather save my money to go to a REAL place." So, I convinced my mom and two sisters to join me in the World instead. But someday, I will get the DH there. He loves animals, so I think I could tempt him with the AKL.


I lurk on so many PTR and TR too!

Ugh, isn't it "fun" to have a Disney-hating DH? I'm so happy you were able to use the great deal w/ your sisters and your mom to go . You'll still have a blast! My sister and I went in October and it was so fun having a girls trip. Although, it is a lot more special when you go w/ DH. You need to woo him with one of the tours, like the backstage safari tours. That would be so much fun!!: I'll cross my fingers for you. Ooh, and maybe you could get a 40% code to further convince him - it worked for us!! goodvibes
__________________
WDWRocksMySocks is offline  
Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #50
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?
 
WDWRocksMySocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,102

Countdown!!!

It is 197 days, 19 hours, 22 minutes and 11 seconds until Sunday, August 23, 2009 until WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to post it. I'm just so elated we're finally below 200 days! I'm just so easily excited.
__________________
WDWRocksMySocks is offline  
Old 02-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #51
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures
 
autumnpalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,172

Yay for being in the "100"s!!!
__________________
"Trust the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)
autumnpalm is offline  
Old 02-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #52
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?
 
WDWRocksMySocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,102

Countin' them calories...

I've set a goal for our upcoming trip. I want to lose 30 lbs by August 23rd. It's very attainable and I KNOW I can do it. My biggest problem with weight stems from my love of eating CRAP. No, not actual crap...but the high calorie, high fat food that is easy to obtain. I love the ease of eating out. My love of fast food has been a hard habit to break. My Dad used to joke about building a drive-threw window in our kitchen for me. So, obviously, my fast food roots run deep -- too deep. It wasn't too bad when I was a teenager b/c it never caught up w/ me. Unfortunately, all those White Castle burgers are definitely starting to take their toll. BOO!!!

I decided that the easiest way for me to become a better eater, and lose weight is to track my calorie intake. I hope this will encourage me to eat smaller portions and not so much fatty food. I found a great tracker to help me with my progress:

http://caloriecount.about.com/

According to this, I need to consume about 1700 calories to lose my weight by August. That really doesn't sound like that big of a sacrifice, but for some one who is used to eating out A LOT and eating a lot of bad things...it's HARD! It's not that I don't enjoy a homecooked meal, fruits, or vegetables - I just LOVE convenience. As I right this, I realizing just how sad and spoiled I sound. That's okay. I've realized where my weakness is, and I am determined to change!!!



Each week, I plan to track my progress on here. Hopefully, I can stay away from the evil grease empire. Wish me luck!!
__________________
WDWRocksMySocks is offline  
Old 02-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #53
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran
 
TxRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,305

I definitely wish you well on your calorie counting extravaganza!!!

I KNOW how hard it is to break the fast food habit. And when DS starts talking about how HE would really like to eat this or that, it makes it doubly hard to resist!

I would encourage you to plan hamburgers at home in your meal rotation. One of the hardest things about maintaining a new eating plan is when we cut out our very favorite food. Hamburgers aren't wonderful, but what is WORSE is all the fries and what not that goes with it. Use your calorie counter to figure out a decent hamburger meal that doesn't break the bank, so to speak. That will help with feeling deprived as you try to cut back on calories.

The other thing that I would recommend is to take some time to make food easy to eat. We were on a kick there where we were having burgers on Friday nights (to kick that fast food habit). I let DS have chips, but I made a potato salad for DH and I. I had so many recipes that I had wanted to try. It was less calories than fries and so much healthier. I made Chipotle Potato Salad, so good, with a spicy vinagrette dressing and southwest inspired ingredients. I made a tropical herb potato salad. Anyway, my POINT is that it was so easy to just make a sandwich or something simple and have a super yummy tasty side salad to go with it already made for the weekend.

I'm rooting for you and 30 pounds! My ultimate goal is 50. I haven't quantified a goal before Disney yet.
TxRabbit is offline  
Old 02-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #54
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?
 
WDWRocksMySocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsadams View Post
I definitely wish you well on your calorie counting extravaganza!!!

I KNOW how hard it is to break the fast food habit. And when DS starts talking about how HE would really like to eat this or that, it makes it doubly hard to resist!

I would encourage you to plan hamburgers at home in your meal rotation. One of the hardest things about maintaining a new eating plan is when we cut out our very favorite food. Hamburgers aren't wonderful, but what is WORSE is all the fries and what not that goes with it. Use your calorie counter to figure out a decent hamburger meal that doesn't break the bank, so to speak. That will help with feeling deprived as you try to cut back on calories.

The other thing that I would recommend is to take some time to make food easy to eat. We were on a kick there where we were having burgers on Friday nights (to kick that fast food habit). I let DS have chips, but I made a potato salad for DH and I. I had so many recipes that I had wanted to try. It was less calories than fries and so much healthier. I made Chipotle Potato Salad, so good, with a spicy vinagrette dressing and southwest inspired ingredients. I made a tropical herb potato salad. Anyway, my POINT is that it was so easy to just make a sandwich or something simple and have a super yummy tasty side salad to go with it already made for the weekend.

I'm rooting for you and 30 pounds! My ultimate goal is 50. I haven't quantified a goal before Disney yet.


A lot of my family lives close by and they LOVE to eat out. So, of course I get sucked into their evil web b/c they make it sound so tempting. I need willpower!

You know what's funny, I only really like White Castle hamburgers. Those little things are SO yummy! But, I really LOVE fries and cheese sticks. Mmm, so good - especially w/ cheese! I used to love getting the Aussie Cheese Fries from Outback, and then Aaron came across this article:

http://www.menshealth.com/20worst/worstfood.html.

According to that, those stupid things have about 2900 calories in them! I guess I'm not surprised, but I liked being delusional and thinking they weren't that bad. I really need to take your suggestion, and come up w/ healthier side items. I love salads, so I think I might start pre-making them so then I can just grab one and go. I was also thinking about doing a fruit salad, or just plain fruit. That way, I can get something that's a bit sweeter too!

Thanks for the support! It's always really nice to have others around to help motivate you in something like this.
__________________
WDWRocksMySocks is offline  
Old 02-06-2009, 01:58 PM   #55
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?
 
WDWRocksMySocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,102

Woo-hoo, this is my 2,000 post! So exciting, I know.

I decided I'd share some old pics from WDW trips that I've taken in the past.

December 2007


With my nephews in January 2007


Apparently, I'm too big for the stroller...bummer.


I just love the facial expressions in this one.


Proof that I was able to get Juliet on the bus before 9am! Not an easy fete.
__________________

Last edited by WDWRocksMySocks; 02-06-2009 at 02:08 PM.
WDWRocksMySocks is offline  
Old 02-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #56
olafgypsy
Earning My Ears
 
olafgypsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 51

I LOVE your picture of the Magic Kingdom all decked out for Christmas!! It must be so magical to go there for the holidays. Do they have Christmas trees in the rooms, though? I don't know if I could do without a Christmas tree . . .

I totally sympathize about the fast food addiction. Although, for me, it's NOT about the convenience. It is really about the taste. I LOVE that fake grill taste on the Burger King hamburgers, they are my favorite. And the greasy, salty, french fries. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. I am getting hungry just writing this!

That reminds me: which restaurant do you think has the best burger in WDW?
__________________
Next trip: Dec 6 - 14, 2014 DS's First Trip!
March 2011: AKL
Mar 5 - 12, 2009: POR
January 2004: Dolphin
olafgypsy is offline  
Old 02-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #57
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures
 
autumnpalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,172

Love the pics. I have the same one with my mom and I in the wooden thing (what are those called? ). It's a great photo op!

Good luck with your weight goal! Although I have to say, in your pictures I think you look great! But I get the health thing, so I wish you the best.
__________________
"Trust the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)
autumnpalm is offline  
Old 02-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #58
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?
 
WDWRocksMySocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by olafgypsy View Post
I LOVE your picture of the Magic Kingdom all decked out for Christmas!! It must be so magical to go there for the holidays. Do they have Christmas trees in the rooms, though? I don't know if I could do without a Christmas tree . . .

I totally sympathize about the fast food addiction. Although, for me, it's NOT about the convenience. It is really about the taste. I LOVE that fake grill taste on the Burger King hamburgers, they are my favorite. And the greasy, salty, french fries. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. I am getting hungry just writing this!

That reminds me: which restaurant do you think has the best burger in WDW?
The Christmas season is my favorite time of the year to go!! It's extra magical. The decorations are amazing and the atmosphere can't be beat! We actually bought a tiny Christmas tree to put in our window. We went the second week of December, so the crowds weren't bad and we still got to celebrate Christmas at home (a must for me). You MUST try to go to WDW at least once during Christmas. It's AMAZING!!!!!!

Oooh, I love that fake grill taste too! It's so good, and the smell is even better. And the fries....YUM! I was just looking at how many calories were in a medium order of fries at Wendy's -- 490! Needless to say, I won't be eating those for awhile. DARN IT!

My favorite burger at WDW has to be at Peco Bill's or Cosmic Ray's. I love they way they taste and I load up on the cheese sauce and all the other fixings from the toppings bar. Man, I love those topping bars!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
Love the pics. I have the same one with my mom and I in the wooden thing (what are those called? ). It's a great photo op!

Good luck with your weight goal! Although I have to say, in your pictures I think you look great! But I get the health thing, so I wish you the best.
I think they are called stocks, or something like that. I love taking pictures there - especially when we hoisted my little nephew up. It was a great picture op!

Thanks!! My BMI is classified as the upper side of normal weight. However, I just feel BLAH and I really want to look good in a two piece! I just feel icky, so I'm hoping to tone up and look good when summer rolls around. So far, it's been going quite well. It's still the first week of it, but I'm hopeful I can do it!!
__________________
WDWRocksMySocks is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 07:41 AM   #59
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?
 
WDWRocksMySocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,102

Unofficial Guide



I keep eyeing this book whenever I'm at Barnes & Noble. I realize I probably don't really need to buy it, seeing as I have DIS and already subscribed to TourGuide Mike. But, I just love reading it! It has a lot of helpful information and it makes for great bathroom reading! Yeah, that was probably TMI. I'm really starting to wish that I purchased this book instead of getting subscription to TGM. To TGM's defense, I have not looked at the site a lot as it's not particularly useful until the park hours are released. There is TONS of articles on that site that are helpful. But, it is a lot of information I already knew. I'm still holding out a complete judgment until I see my complete touring plans and put them to use during our trip. Then I'll be able to give a full review of TGM. I still think I may breakdown and buy the UG. Amazon has it for a little less that $11.
__________________
WDWRocksMySocks is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 07:54 AM   #60
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?
 
WDWRocksMySocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,102

Diet Update...

Weekly Weight Loss: 2 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 2 lbs
Days Spent Exercising: 4

I think I've been doing really well, thus far. I've been really trying to stick to eating healthier options and staying away from that evil greasy stuff. I didn't have fast food all week, well I had Subway Saturday (if that counts). I did splurge Saturday. Aaron and I went to Red Lobster and I over indulged on biscuits. BUT...I only went over my daily calorie intake by about 200 which isn't bad for splurging!

I've been really trying to limit how much pop I drink as well. I've been able to stick to 12 oz of Dr. Pepper per day. I think that's pretty good -- especially since I LOOOOOVE Dr. Pepper. I'm drinking about 5-6 bottles of water a day, which equals out to about 85-100 oz a day. Based on information I found online at the Mayo Clinic, I'm definitely meeting the recommended dietary water intake.

I'm going strong! I just hope I can stay on the wagon!
__________________
WDWRocksMySocks is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.