Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2009, 03:01 PM   #31
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?

Winter wonderland...or something like that.

We're still under a winter storm warning. It hasn't been too bad, up until now. We got about 4-5" on snow last night. It's the pretty, fluffly kind of snow! Unfortunately, it just started sleeting and now everything is getting icy...great! The last time we had ice, both of my grandparents fell and hurt themselves. They're okay now, but it was awful at the time. I hope the sleet turns back to snow. I can deal with snow.

I took some pictures of what's been going on. They're kind of crappy quality, I took them w/ my cell.

What it looked like outside my office window this morning - very pretty!

It was deeper than I thought.

Yep, that's quite a bit of snow.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #32
WDWRocksMySocks

On the lookout for cheap airfare...

http://www.airfarewatchdog.com/

I just heard about this website on the radio this morning. The local station was interviewing someone who works for Trip Advisor and she suggested it. It tracks airfares for most of the airlines (kind of like Kayak) and lets you know where the best deals can be found. I haven't signed up for the newsletter yet, as I'm always skeptical of giving my email out. But, it looks like a promising way to keep an eye out for low airfare [crosses fingers].

I plugged in our travel dates and so far, the cheapest fare is still the AirTran one. So, we'll see what happens.'

http://www.yapta.com

I just found this one on a transportation thread. It looks similar. It sounds like the same type of deal as the other site.

It shows AirTran for $179.20 as the cheapest option.

Last edited by WDWRocksMySocks; 01-27-2009 at 03:25 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2009, 07:03 AM   #33
WDWRocksMySocks

Snow Delay!!

Hell has officially frozen over! The university I work for is closed until noon (at least) today!!! They said they'll make another assessment later this morning to determine if it will be closed all day. Lets hope so!! I'll post more pictures today of all the wintery goodness.

Last edited by WDWRocksMySocks; 01-30-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:09 AM   #34
WDWRocksMySocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
Oh, your kitties are SO SO cute!! I just love cats, but can't have them because of allergies. They are so darling though!

And add me to the list of people who love to watch Stacey!
Thanks! You know, I'm actually allergic to cats too. They don't bother me nearly as bad as they used to. I started allergy shots last summer.

Okay, I have to ask. Do you guys have any favorite Stacey quotes? Mine is definitely, "Look at all those lazy people in the lazy river." Haha, I'm officially a dork.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #35
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

KIRSTEN!!!! I just found this in your siggy!!!!! you crack me up! I'm entertanined by this PTR! Love it.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:25 PM   #36
WDWRocksMySocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
KIRSTEN!!!! I just found this in your siggy!!!!! you crack me up! I'm entertanined by this PTR! Love it.
Hey Lynn! Welcome!!! I've been so neglectful the past few days on updating this. Although, we still have such a long time until our 90 day window opens all I can talk about is random stuff (which I'm really good at!!). Thanks for coming and checking it out!! Btw, I love your pic in your siggy. You guys are too cute!!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:34 PM   #37
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Thank ya hunnie! So are you guys!

Yeah when you get to your 90 day window you will be planning like crazy and be so excited!!! It hits ya then!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:34 PM   #38
WDWRocksMySocks

RIP Evil iPod

Well...it died - my evil iPod from hell that is. It's officially poo. Unfortunately the warranty was up (it was 30 days) and I had to replace it. Well, I didn't have to b/c I don't actually NEED an iPod. Although, I really think I may need one b/c it really encourages me to workout. Sad, isn't it? There is just something about listening to Keith Urban and Aerosmith that makes me want to work up a sweat. I wound up getting this:

It's a 16GB nano and I love it -- especially since it's pink (which is my signature color)! I made sure to get a two year warranty on it...just in case. I know I probably don't need a two year warranty, but I'm now officially paranoid thanks to my first experience w/ an iPod. I just seem to repel technology!

Moral of the story -- do not go cheap and by a recertified product. It rarely is a good idea!

Last edited by WDWRocksMySocks; 02-04-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #39
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

OOOH I love the PINK Ipod!!! Awesome!!!! I have the little light blue nano when the ones that came out in 07. Then is 08 they came out with the hot pink. oh well.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #40
WDWRocksMySocks

Quote:
Thank ya hunnie! So are you guys!

Yeah when you get to your 90 day window you will be planning like crazy and be so excited!!! It hits ya then!
Thanks! Yeah, we only have about 164 days left...ugh, that seems like FOREVER!!! I'm still debating on whether or not we'll do the DDP. DH is such a picky eater so I don't know if he'd like any of the TS restaurants. Crazy. I know, right? He's an odd one!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #41
WDWRocksMySocks

Quote:
OOOH I love the PINK Ipod!!! Awesome!!!! I have the little light blue nano when the ones that came out in 07. Then is 08 they came out with the hot pink. oh well.
Don't you hate when they don't come out w/ the colors all at once? Boo!

I'm so sad, I even bought matching pink headphones. The guy at Best Buy was trying to sell me the better, more expensive ones and I told him, "No, I have to have the pink ones. I don't care how they sound as long as they are pink." Ha, you should have seen his face!!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #42
WDWRocksMySocks

Pins, Pins and MORE PINS!

My name is Kirsten, and I'm a pinaholic. I had my first pin trading experience in December 2007 and it opened the gates to this crazy world where you just can't get enough pins! Ha, yes I'm a dork - but really, it's so addictive!! Thankfully, Aaron is an enabler and support my habit wholeheartedly. Just tonight he was so excited because he just won three pins on eBay to give me for Valentine's Day! Woo-hoo!!

I collect several different types: Haunted Mansion, monorail, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Splash Mountain, MVMCP and pretty much anything else that strikes my fancy. Here are my current holy grail pins (Aaron got me the dynamite one, and I won the tightrope one off eBay).

My name on pinpics is the same as DIS (WDWRocksMySocks). I don't have a lot, but the collection is growing.

I'm trying to debate on how many I should take w/ us in August. I already have about ten, but need at least 40 more. I took about 50 with me in October. My sister thought I was nuts, but I used them all and even bought more to trade while we were down there. See, I told you I'm an addict!

Last edited by WDWRocksMySocks; 02-10-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #43
WDWRocksMySocks

Pin Display

I figured I'd post a picture of how I display my pins (for now at least). My sister helped me make a board that was inspired by the pin cards. I bought a giant piece of cork board material. I traced out the ears using plastic bowls and traced the head using a plate (yes, I'm very scientific). We cut it out using a box cutter and an Exacto knife (the box cutter worked MUCH better). I then used heavy duty spray paint and covered it with black felt material. I think it turned out really well! I'll have to take a better picture of it with my camera. I was lazy and just used my cell phone.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #44
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

Love the pink Nano. My parents gave me a first generation Nano for Christmas in 2006. It really does help with the work outs. I totally understand.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #45
WDWRocksMySocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsadams View Post
Love the pink Nano. My parents gave me a first generation Nano for Christmas in 2006. It really does help with the work outs. I totally understand.
Okay, I'm glad I'm not alone thinking that. Some of my friends thought I was crazy. I just found that listening to my favorite songs really distracts me from wanting to stop my workout before I really should. I need all the help I can get. I'm so unmotivated right now. The bitterly cold weather zaps the energy out of me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: