Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #16
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?

I got some possible good news about my iPod. I work in an IT department (I'm not a computer person myself), and one of the guys here had the same problem with the same type of iPod. He suggested ordering a new battery and he'll put it in for me. He did it for his and it worked perfectly. So...there might be hope for it after all!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #17
pipermae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRocksMySocks View Post
I showed DH the PTR, and he called me a nerd. Psh, he just doesn't appreciate DIS!
DBF did the same for me! I told him it was either that, or he has to follow me around for the next 4 months and listen to my constant Disney talk! He decided that a PTR was no longer too nerdish.
May&June 2010 - POP w/ new friends!
March 2011 - All Star Sports to celebrate our engagement!
August 2011 thru January 2012 - Disney College Program, Attractions Hostess at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
January 2012 to January 2013 - Seasonal Cast Member at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (visited in June and October in 2012)
March 2013 - Married at Disney World on 03-13-13!
Fall 2013 DCP - Attractions (Location: Sum of All Thrills)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2009, 01:01 PM   #18
WDWRocksMySocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipermae View Post
DBF did the same for me! I told him it was either that, or he has to follow me around for the next 4 months and listen to my constant Disney talk! He decided that a PTR was no longer too nerdish.
DH and I had lunch together and I was telling him how great it was that I started a PTR b/c people on the DIS appreciate the obsessive Disney chatter. It's like Mecca to me! He's just glad he doesn't have to hear me drone on about it...only 7 more months!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #19
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Sometimes I think the DIS makes me talk about Disney MORE in real life!

I hope everything works out with your iPod!! Mine break on me allllll the time... but I still can't live without 'em!
Old 01-23-2009, 03:12 PM   #20
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRocksMySocks View Post
I'm definitely adding "ride the TTA!" to the list. That's great advice!!! That's one of my favorite rides. It's supposed to reopen mid-August, so I hope it stays on schedule. I'll be so sad if that AND Space Mountain are closed during our trip.
Tell me about it...they're both gonna be closed when I'm there. The TTA (I still call it the people mover) is one of my favs!
Old 01-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #21
WDWRocksMySocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
I hope everything works out with your iPod!! Mine break on me allllll the time... but I still can't live without 'em!
Thanks! I know a lot of people who've had issues w/ theirs too, but I'm like you -- I'm obsessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Tell me about it...they're both gonna be closed when I'm there. The TTA (I still call it the people mover) is one of my favs!
Aw, that is such a bummer! It's so funny how TTA has a cult-like following. I've seen where people are more upset w/ it being closed that SM. Btw, we still call it the PeopleMover too!
Old 01-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #22
WDWRocksMySocks

Tour Guide Mike

I've read a lot about Tour Guide Mike and all of his wonderful advice his site has offered to many DISers. I was always curious to see if a subscription really was worth it, or if it was just commonsense that many Disney veterans already knew. Normally, we've gone during value season and the crowd levels have been quite manageable. Since this is our first trip in the summer, and I've heard mixed reviews about crowd levels I figured why not give it a try. I bit the bullet and decided to subscribe. I know the park hours have not been released yet, but I figured I could spend a lot of time getting acclimated to the site and read all those great articles he has -- there are A LOT. I'm still undecided as to whether I think the information will be useful, as its a lot of stuff I already knew. I've enjoyed lurking in the forums on there, and I think the touring plans will be worth it. But now, I'm wondering if I shouldn't have just bought the Unofficial Guide book instead and used their website. I know I don't probably need either one, but I always appreciate a few extra pointers that will help alleviate wait times - especially if it does wind up being crowded. It's always nice to be prepared to fight the masses!
Old 01-25-2009, 06:56 PM   #23
WDWRocksMySocks

Fare Watch...

I've been on fare watch for a decent airfare since we booked the hotel. Unfortunately, it's still pretty early and I have yet to really see any good deals under $200. I'm listing what I've found so far:

Indianapolis to Orlando

Expedia = $186.20/per person on AirTran

I don't really mind flying on AirTran. We used them on our trip in October and had no problems. Well, actually they changed our itinerary at least five times but it always worked in our favor (we were changed to a nonstop flight that arrived a lot earlier -- like we originally wanted).

I prefer Southwest though. I like that you don't have to pay extra for luggage and the seating really doesn't bother me either. Now, I just wish I knew when they would release their late August fares.

Ooh, I also got the planning DVD in the mail yesterday. I didn't request one, so I maybe they send them to everyone who books?? Either way, I'll still watch it b/c it's about Disney. If only they could send me a copy of the "Top 7" w/ Stacy. That would be awesome! I guess I'll just be happy to watch it on YouTube instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se_7yLlRzeM.

"Look at all those lazy people in the lazy river!"
Old 01-25-2009, 10:47 PM   #24
autumnpalm

I love Stacey!! She truly gets me in the Disney spirit!

Google actually has the entire video up here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...27122658478429

It's not the best quality, but it still makes me smile.

It's all Wham!!

I had quite the time looking for airfares... the best ones I found were on Priceline, and after that was Expedia for about $20 a ticket more. We've always used Expedia in the past, so I've got my fingers crossed that Priceline is okay!

I have a subscription to touringplans.com but not TGM. I really only use the best days calendar, so I went with the cheaper website. I'm interested to hear your opinions of TGM as your planning continues!
Old 01-26-2009, 07:14 AM   #25
WDWRocksMySocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
I love Stacey!! She truly gets me in the Disney spirit!

Google actually has the entire video up here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...27122658478429

It's not the best quality, but it still makes me smile.

It's all Wham!!

I had quite the time looking for airfares... the best ones I found were on Priceline, and after that was Expedia for about $20 a ticket more. We've always used Expedia in the past, so I've got my fingers crossed that Priceline is okay!

I have a subscription to touringplans.com but not TGM. I really only use the best days calendar, so I went with the cheaper website. I'm interested to hear your opinions of TGM as your planning continues!
Yay, another Stacy fan!! Thanks for the video link, that is awesome!! Stacy is the first thing I have to watch as soon as we get into the room. Everyone in my family (including DH) thinks she's creepy. Whatever, they just don't get it.

I've never used Priceline for airfare, but now I'm going to take a look to see what kind of prices I could get. I'm really hoping I can find something under $175, which shouldn't be too difficult b/c I always see deals for $145 on Travelocity. I'm hoping SWA has a Ding fare sometime.

I probably should've signed up for touringplans.com, but I really wanted to see what all the fuss was about over TGM. It's been interesting so far.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:35 AM   #26
WDWRocksMySocks

Kitties!

I realized that I failed to introduce the rest of my family. Besides Aaron and myself, we have two very sweet, and very crazy kitties.

Bogart
We got her from Aaron's friend. His cat had kittens and we first got to see them when they were just about 1 day old. It was love at first sight! Aaron hated cats and really didn't want one. But, of course that didn't stop me. He has fallen in love w/ her and wouldn't give her up for the world. Bogart is a very sweet (but also grumpy) cat who loves to cuddle, loves to knock anything off of a table with her paws and really loves playing with mice.

Here's a pic of her trying to check out DIS:

Linus
He was a rescue cat from the local shelter. He came from a cat lady who had about 50 cats seized from her house. I was worried how he would fit in in Bogart, but the transition wasn't too bad. Linus is a very funny cat. He loves to eat bread sticks, drink from the toilet, talks to everyone and play with his favorite pink mouse. He was named after Humphrey Bogart's character in Sabrina, in case you were wondering.

Here's a pic of him being grouchy:

And here's a pic that depicts just about everyday at our house (the cats all over me, not me just sitting on the couch w/ nothing to do...although, that does happen more than it should):

Last edited by WDWRocksMySocks; 01-26-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #27
WDWRocksMySocks

Woo-hoo! I just realized that we moved into the six month range!!!

Unfortunately, we still have 208 more days to go. WDW is sounding mighty good right now, especially since we're currently under a winter storm warning.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #28
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Haha love the pics of the cats. They are adorable.

I LOVE Stacey! There are so many people who can't stand her, but that's all we watch whenever we're back at the room.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #29
WDWRocksMySocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Haha love the pics of the cats. They are adorable.

I LOVE Stacey! There are so many people who can't stand her, but that's all we watch whenever we're back at the room.
Thanks! They are definitely...special.

DH is one of those people who can't stand her. She creeps him out for some reason. Or, maybe it's me who creeps him out when I start quoting her. I'm not really sure. Ha!
Old 01-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #30
autumnpalm

Oh, your kitties are SO SO cute!! I just love cats, but can't have them because of allergies. They are so darling though!

And add me to the list of people who love to watch Stacey!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: