Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2009, 04:12 PM   #646
MrsSpratt
I've got a Bazooka full of Pixie Dust, and I'm not afraid to use it!

What a perfect day!

GREAT planning!

The "Bueller" Family hits the world, with Auntie Spratt reporting Pixie Dust LIVE!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2215281
Old 07-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #647
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

aawesome update!! What a great day. Pedi and massage after KTTK was a stroke of brillience! I should have done that... I could have used it

C and LL and others.... yes KTTK should be mandatory for DISers like us!! Tatally worth it! And C there are 3 times... so you don't HAVE to get up at the crack of dawn

The stepsisters are a hoot! I love that Anastasia had a thing for Nobby
I agree though... the food there was blah. Breakfast there was AMAZING though

yay for DIS meets!! I need a spreadsheet to figure out who all we will get to meet in Sept... but I can't wait to meet everyone!!

Paula
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #648
MEK
DIS Veteran

What another great update! I am so happy you have this TR rolling again. I think you day sounds fantastic. KTTK tour, characters, GF, a spa treatment, 1900 Park Fare, and a Dis meet! Way to fill up a day.

DH and I are eating at Narcoosee's in September and I am so looking forward to exploring the GF. It is one resort that I have never set foot in. Of course, I may never want to leave again!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #649
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

OMG, Jen, I'm in update heaven!

First of all, this day was AWESOME!!!! You seriously know how to solo travel. And you know what I love about your report? You're so happy! You're really enjoying yourself, whether it's trying new things, or old favorites, and it's just a pleasure to read.

I don't even know where to start. I'm glad you wrote about the tour. I've thought of doing it but never had. Something to consider.

I've always wanted to try CHH, so I'm glad to hear you liked your lunch there. And don't feel bad about the Dole Whip float. It's definitely an acquired taste. I know my mom looks both, but if she's feeling like something less sweet, she'll just get the ice cream, and not the float, so I could totally see that. For me, I find the pineapple juice to be so refreshing on a hot day (and if it wasn't hot then, it wouldn't have had the same effect, you know?).

Glad you snuck in some characters on your way out! And oh, heaven! I love the pictures of the GF! It's my mothership. Did you know that? It calls to me.

I love the spa, too...again, something I haven't done in years. Maybe I should get a brochure...hmm...

Glad you had a nice dinner at 1900 Park Fare! And lots of fun with those stepsisters, huh? I love it when the characters are so interactive.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #650
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Oh yes, Daisy is quite the lady. That's why I love her! She also wears pink shoes, which makes her my favorite 'fur' girl.

I went and had a pedi with my girlfriends today. It certainly wasn't the Grand Floridian, but it was still so nice.

You and Kim are so precious! Wish I could have been there, too.

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Old 07-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #651
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Jen, what a great update to enjoy during my Friday night DIS time! The Keys to the Kingdom Tour sounds fantastic!!! One day I would love to do it! Then, you had a relaxing day at the spa, followed by dinner at the Grand Floridian, and then a DIS meet! You just didn't stop!
Old 07-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #652
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Jen, your updates are a hoot. Let Nobby know I'll be a member of his fan club should he ever decide to form one, and thanks for making me laugh!
Old 07-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #653
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Jen,

what a perfectly wonderful day...

I did the family magic tour with my [I]family[I] and it was awesome-I'd love to try to Keys tour sometime...

Not to get personal but I have a question about Noddy. Is he your typical garden gnome-not that there is anything typical about him-his star power shine through but he seems a little more vertically challenged than the gnomes I've seen in gardens-Is he a smaller kind of garden gnome? (It seems like it would be difficult to carry him around if he were traditionally sized...)

sigh...I wish I had a Noddy...I wonder if he has any family members seeking adoption...
Old 07-05-2009, 08:39 AM   #654
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Now that was a GREAT day! MK tour, relaxation at a spa, character interactions, and a DIS meet. A full but wonderful day.

I'm so excited you got to touch some things at the HM. BTW HM movie was on Disney channel today, did you see it?
This was a very full day but it wasn't a tiring day...I had an amazing time and yes me being able to touch something in the HM was another dream come true LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
Once again great updates.

I really want to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I also have always wanted to attend one of their management classes to know how they get everyone to do what they are suppose to do with a good attitude.

Did you say pedicure? My toesies are in need of some attention.

I put 1900 Park Fare on my list every year and end up ditching it for something else. The food really doesnt appeal to me but I really want to meet those stepsisters. But then Mary Poppins is at breakfast. Decisions, Decisions.

Do we get to see what you got at Goofy's? Do we Do We?
Unfortunately I enjoyed what I ate at Goofy's so much I didn't take any pictures I know I fail!! However I will make that up to you on my Sept. trip!!!

The food was okay at 1900 but the interaction with the characters was great...you can't beat it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelBug86 View Post
Wow, another great day!!! I've always wanted to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour but never can seem to find the time to do it. I will make it happen one day though, you'll see!!! I'm glad you were able to get in some "You" time at the GF. Great pictures, too!! I got married at the Wedding Pavillion and the pohotographer took some fantastic pictures from that staircase at the GF

Never been to Goofy's Candy. Does it smell like chocolate in there? DH will flip out as he's deathly allergic to it
Yes when you walk into Goofy's it does smell like chocolate, the smell alone will make you gain 5 lbs!!! I really enjoyed my "me" time at the GF and look forward to visiting that spa again some time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Lovely!
1900 Park Fare was one of my favorites from our trip as well.
I actually need to update my TR...I was hoping to get it done before I left on our next trip, but alas I am too slow.
Becca!!! Yes you do need to update!! However I know right now you are on your trip so I shall forgive you!!!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #655
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

what a great day you had! I'm jealous! I too loved being a single person on the KTTK tour so I got to sit with the guide! You just get a little more out of it which is cool! And it sounds like you had a great time at the spa and dinner too! I love the stepsisters! And so great you got to meet another disser! What a fab day!
Old 07-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #656
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Becca!!! Yes you do need to update!! However I know right now you are on your trip so I shall forgive you!!!!!!

No... I'm not quite on my trip yet. I was hoping to get this TR done before I left on Wednesday, but I don't think it will happen.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 07-06-2009, 12:37 AM   #657
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Hey Jenny!

We arrived home from our trip just tonite! We had a great time! The girls were sooo happy to see us! WOW!!! Holy Updates Batman! LOVE IT!!! It is so cool to hear all about the other stuff you did on that trip! You and I have some of the same pictures! Too funny! Love the pics of you and all the characters! AWESOME!!! Lookin' forward to the rest of it!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #658
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Hi Jen! Just wanted to let you know I'm still here and I'm still reading. I love all of your recent updates!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 07-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #659
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

What a great day! Talk about relaxing. The KTTK tour sounds amazing. Maybe one day... A massage sounds heavenly right now. I bet having one at the GF was even better than a normal massage! How wonderful. I've never been to Goofy's Candy Co. but it's in the plans for our first day in Sept! Can't wait!! Great, great update!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 07-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #660
sarcasticfiesta
Mouseketeer

I found your TR a few days ago and I've just caught up on reading it. I'm usually not much of a poster, but I had to comment and tell you how fun your TR is, and how much I've enjoyed reading it.

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: