Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2009, 05:28 PM   #616
faerieprincess
on the threshold of revelation

Wow, Jen, fantastic super-update! That is SO cool that you got to ride HM twice at midnight - so awesome. i'm glad you enjoyed Wishes - and you got some great photos of Spectro as well! Your TR is just like being there (but without the crowds)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
I almost felt like I was there (but funny, after all that delicious food, I'm not very full)
i read while eating my supper.. i'm quite full but something tells me it didn't taste nearly as good!

How do we love Disney? Let me count the ways! (Completed February 2009 TR)
A foolish promise finally kept - the PTR (Completed February 2009 PTR)
Old 06-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #617
TravelBug86
Princess of Quite A Lot

I feel your pain on the turnstiles But it's okay because you had the most perfect Disney day!!! Yak n Yeti's looks AMAZINGLY good- I'm going to add that onto my list for the next trip. O'hana is one of our favorites and don't you just love the main lobby of the Polynesian?
That pic of the castle is incredible!!! I haven't seen Spectro since it was the Main St. Electrical Parade. Need to add that on the list for next time!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2009, 06:39 AM   #618
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Oh my goodness! What a wonderful update, Jen!

So many things to comment on!

*I MUST RIDE EE! I must. It looks like fun and I want to try it out.

*I appreciate the light fixture from the bathroom. I know how weird it is to take those bathroom photos.

*I think I need to eat at Yak N' Yeti. You introduced me to my most favorite snack at MK and I think that your praise of the wontons means that I would like that too!

*The picture of you and King Louie is the cutest ever. So cute!

*Love the picture of you with Nobby. I especially like your cute shirt!

*I am so glad that you enjoyed 'Ohana, it looks delish

*Didn't I talk to you while you were waiting for Spectro? Hehe. Just love that parade.

*So glad that you were able to ride HM at midnight! What a dream come true!

*Your pictures of MK at night look beautiful! I want to take more pictures of Main Street at night.
Yes EE is fantastic and you should definitely ride it!!!

There are not words for how good that dessert is I can't wait to have it again and you have to try it...so YUMMY!

Nothing beats Magic Kingdom at night its just gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
Two servings of pot stickers in one day. I think that's my dream come true!!!

I love that you got to ride HM twice. I also love your Minnie shirt. Did you get that at Disney? I want one.
The PotStickers were just amazing I really enjoyed them. I'm not sure I'm going deviate from my meal at Yak and Yeti the next time I go LOL

Actually I got that shirt online at the Disney Store!!! I really love it too!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
what a great update! So glad to hear you made it on HM at midnight!
Thank you!! Really was very excited to be on that ride at midnight!! It was fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
Wow, that was a super duper update! Great entertainment for the day.

I love EE, LL you have to ride it. It is so much fun. I love Dinosaur and Ellens Universe of Enegy as well. Not a science teacher here though.

I really want to try Y&Y one of these days. Your pictures make me really, really want to try it.

Okay, LL I think you already know this, but, only a true friend would take the bathroom light fixture picture just for you.

I have never got to see Devine except in pictures. I will be hunting her this trip.

Wow, I hope when we do the safari again there are lots of animals. Last time we did it I think they were all off sleeping somewhere.

Great Update.
Thanks!! As far as finding Devine just be on the lookout on the path between Asia and Africa I here she likes to hang out in that area!!!

Yes only a true friend would take bathroom light fixture pictures LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
What a great update (two thumbs up)

What great food you had that day, that is my kind of eating.

And wow for your wish to come true, cool about riding HM at midnight and getting a bonus ride. I'm sure that made your day.

Can't wait to read more.
OH it did make my day! When the CM Butler said just stay seated you get an extra ride I was grinning from ear to ear...it was all so very exciting and extra creeping at night LOL!

The food this day was DELISH!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #619
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

I'm not a fan of porcelain dolls but thought you 'd get a kick out of this. It was in my email this morning:

"Haunted Mansion Hostess" costume on "Adora Bitty Belle" who is elegantly attired in the costume designed exclusively for the attraction. This elaborate costume replica consists of a bottle green skirt, lace trimmed blouse & apron, with matching jacket and is topped off with the famous "Bat Hat" which is perched jauntily atop the doll's curls. This cute little pin trader doll comes with two tradable pins that celebrate the icons of New Orleans Square which includes the Haunted Mansion and the Haunted Mansion entrance plaque.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:03 AM   #620
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
I'm not a fan of porcelain dolls but thought you 'd get a kick out of this. It was in my email this morning:

"Haunted Mansion Hostess" costume on "Adora Bitty Belle" who is elegantly attired in the costume designed exclusively for the attraction. This elaborate costume replica consists of a bottle green skirt, lace trimmed blouse & apron, with matching jacket and is topped off with the famous "Bat Hat" which is perched jauntily atop the doll's curls. This cute little pin trader doll comes with two tradable pins that celebrate the icons of New Orleans Square which includes the Haunted Mansion and the Haunted Mansion entrance plaque.
HOLY MOLY...and how does one get one of those!! I don't really do porcelain dolls either but I would LOVE to have that one!!! I'm going to go google it...thank you so much for sharing!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
Old 07-01-2009, 10:13 AM   #621
MEK
DIS Veteran

Jen:

That was such an amazing update. How did I miss it yesterday? I am reading it without benefit of your pictures and its still amazing. How cool to be on HM at midnight. I guess the only thing cooler would be if it was 12 midnight going into Halloween.

Your meals sound fantastic! You are making me so hungry now. I am so glad you got to experience your first wishes and spectromagic. The only time I ever lined up early for Wishes was when I went alone. It is a great benefit to going solo!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-01-2009, 10:24 AM   #622
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
HOLY MOLY...and how does one get one of those!! I don't really do porcelain dolls either but I would LOVE to have that one!!! I'm going to go google it...thank you so much for sharing!!
It was through the Disney Insider Newsletter and you can order starting today via www.ArtofDisneyParks.com. I sound like a commercial
Old 07-01-2009, 10:44 AM   #623
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hijack-Sorry!

LL-theres your chance to get your Haunted Mansion maid outfit. Ooooh, you need a real one for MNSSHP.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #624
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
What an awesome update!!! Animal Kingdom, delicious food pics from Ohana and Spectromagic, what more could you ask for! We ate at Ohana's for breakfast, but dinner is definitely on my list of must-do's for next trip!
Aww..thank you!! The food at Ohana's was simply wonderful I really really enjoyed it and there was SO much of it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
What a cute couple you make!!

What an awesome day, thanks for sharing it with me - I almost felt like I was there (but funny, after all that delicious food, I'm not very full)

Spectro and wishes are just magical and I'm glad you fell in love with them too!
Thanks Katie, I really do have a special love for that gnome, he's my buddy!!!!

I did really fall in love with them, Spectro the most of all that parade with the lights and music totally enthralled me!

Quote:
Subbing! Hey Jen... I've been reading all about you and LL and now I'm joining in the fun here. I can't see your pics from work so I have lots of reading to do when I get home.
YAY Welcome Welcome!!!!!! I headed over to start reading about your upcoming trip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
What a great update, Jen! That is so exciting that you were able to ride HM twice in a row! And at midnight!! That's just great. Your meals for the day look AMAZING. I think I might have to just order some dessert fried won-tons to go...since we're not eating there. They just look sooo incredible! I can't believe you posted so much in one day! Great job--wonderful post!
Those wontons will not disappoint, if you can get them to have to go for you than do it...they are just that good!!!!!

Well I figured I would post all of Day 4, now I'm working on Day 5 hopefully this weekend LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Holy update, Batman.

I hardly know where to start. First of all, thank you for all the pictures! You took so many, it gets me so excited for my trip looking at all of them!

Sounds like you had a good time at the Animal Kingdom. I've never seen the Nemo show, and I know people do rave about it. I'm glad Nobby enjoyed it, what with having his own seat and all.

I've always wanted to try Yak and Yeti, but have heard mixed reviews. I'm glad you liked it! And I would have ordered the same thing, is that funny, or what? I love honey chicken, and the dessert looked divine.

I must tell you, I get a pang in my heart when I look at your beautiful food art from Ohana's. I really had my heart set on it. I'm glad I can live vicariously through you.

And riding the Haunted Mansion at midnight! What's cooler than that!!!! What a great moment for you.
Awww TK...I'm bummed for you about Ohana's because I did enjoy it!!! But I know you will make the most of wherever you and your gang go and will have a blast...because you are a pirate its in the code that you have fun LOL!

OH Nemo was amazing and if you have time you really should consider seeing it, it was a great show and I would love to do it again soon...who knows I just might LOL!

I really can't wait for the upcoming trip...its going to be so much fun and all the pictures everyone is going to be able to share...its going to be one crazy time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Wonderful update, Jen!!! I don't know if I can even pick a favorite part because you did so many fun things -- Animal Kingdom, Yak and Yeti, Ohana's, and Spectro!!! I do know that my favorite picture is the one of the Everest temple -- I love that angle!
Oh me too....I got some great shots from Animal Kingdom that morning!!! I even was having a good hair day LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
Wow Jen!! That was a fantastical update

I think those fried wontons for dessert are calling my name.... listen.... can't you hear them????

Way too cool getting to do the double on HM!! Don't think that is a moment that could ever be topped

Paula
I think I can...they are calling my name too...we'll just have to eat there sometime together...I wonder if we can arrange that

Nope Double HM at Midnight was amazing...of course its a bit spookier at night but that makes it even better LOL!

Old 07-01-2009, 10:49 AM   #625
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
It was through the Disney Insider Newsletter and you can order starting today via www.ArtofDisneyParks.com. I sound like a commercial
I'm on my way over there now...that doll will be mine LOL!

Old 07-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #626
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

Great update! I heart potstickers!!!! Lucky you, twice in one day!
Great pics!
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO SPRINGS & DISNEYLAND

Old 07-01-2009, 09:46 PM   #627
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISAMWDW View Post
Great update! I heart potstickers!!!! Lucky you, twice in one day!
Great pics!
OOOH and weren't they so good!!!! Thanks!!!

Old 07-01-2009, 10:50 PM   #628
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are always soooooo amazing! I feel like I'm there with you and Nobby! I'm glad none of the animals got their paws on him (or you of course!)
Old 07-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #629
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Wowsers! MAJOR update-and such a great one!

I cannot even remember all the things I wanted to comment on. The picture of you and King Louie is so freakin' cute. Really, really adorable. And I too LOVE your shirt! The one of you and Nobby is a great one too!

Ohana. Drool. Nuff said.

And I loved picturing you coming back around with all the empty Doom Buggies - I bet everyone in line was so confused! I'm so happy to read your dream came true!

I don't know if I realized/remembered that this was your first Wishes/Spectro experience...Isn't it amazing??? I love me some Spectro! I think I might steer our family in September to Frontierland for Spectro - we've only watched from the Hub, once right on Main Street and once in a really bad spot. I don't even think I realized it went through Frontierland!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #630
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I just found your report and have read through it (I find myself with a little extra time on my hands today-I set myself on fire when I was cooking yesterday so I'm home recuperating with 1st and 2nd degree burns and some interesting meds that render me useless for anything very productive-WATCH THOSE LOOSE SHIRTS NEAR THE FLAMES!!!) anyhow...

your trippie is really makie my day...

I love all your photos of Nobby-he is quite photogenic-the camera loves him-have you ever thought of getting him involved in professional modeling?-Does he have an agent?

You are actually a very good writer (despite your early protests that you were a science teacher-not a writer-you tell a story very well...)

I too love the Haunted Mansion but am a mere novice when it comes to the knowledge you have gathered-sadly it freaks my ds out for now-although he'll ride any coaster he can get on...but my dd loves it too...

Love your day at Animal Kingdom and we have ressies for Yak and Yeti in August-sounds great...

More trippie for the sickieplease...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: