Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
Snoopymom
DIS Veteran

Super Bowl MVP "I'm going to Disney World" parade?

How do I find out when? Is there somewhere I can call that night or the next morning?

I'm thinking and hoping since the game is in Tampa, it will be the next day, but I've read that the player has two weeks to make the appearance and can choose Disney Land or Disney World.

Anyone been? How is it?
Snoopymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
yanners
Mouseketeer

I was there once (2005/2006- when the Steelers one).

The parade was the next day. We happened upon it purely by accident.

Fourth Trip December - POR 2007
5th Trip in June 2009 -

yanners is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
MnMomW3Boys
Mouseketeer

We were there in '07 when the Colts won and we saw Tony Dungy on Wednesday, not sure if he was part of the parade or not.

MnMomW3Boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
Disnsyncey
Disney Princess

I saw Tom Brady after the Pats first bowl win.....before I started to hate the Pats hahahaha

it was in DHS, the day after......but a few times the super bowl was nearby (aka FL-not sure if ALL the times) the MVP went to DisneyLAND.....
Disnsyncey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
Snoopymom
DIS Veteran

You got to see the Bus and Hines Ward, so jealous!

Tony Dungy would have been great to see too.

If the Cards win, guess there's a chance it will be in CA.

We'll be in Daytona Beach and only plan on hopping over to Disney to catch the parade.

Last edited by Snoopymom; 01-21-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #6
u_of_m_fan
Earning My Ears

Super Bowl is in Tampa

So I would guess it would be the next morning in the World.

Note - I am just guessing based on the logistics. I will be in the MK on that day with the family. Too bad I do not care for either the Steelers or the Cards!
u_of_m_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
luvsgrumpy
DIS Veteran

I'd be curious to find out too! DH, DS14, and DS12 would be over the moon to see any of the Steelers "WHEN" they win. (not trying to jinx anything just thinking positive thought!) We won't be there till Friday morning, it would be worth going to a park that day to see them. Any chance things are planned ahead of time or probably just spur of the moment, I guess Friday is a bit of a stretch. Oh well, we can always hope!

luvsgrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #8
Snoopymom
DIS Veteran

I think I read in Bettis's book that he and Hines went the next day because they had to be back for the parade in Pittsburgh and then the Pro Bowl is the following weekend, so I agree with trying not to jinx anything but maybe I should try to find out what Pittsburgh is planning to do WHEN they win.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #9
disnut8
DIS Veteran

It's totally up to the winner and what he wants to do. So, since we don't even know who that is, it's going to be very difficult to speculate as to when or if that person will be in a parade at Disney World. Remember last year when Eli Manning missed the parade due to flight problems. It was a few months before he made it to Disneyland for the parade.

Snoopymom - good points about parades back in the winning home town and if the Cardinals win, about the MVP doing Disneyland instead.

And don't forget the obligations to all the early morning shows like the Today show (the Super Bowl is on NBC so I would imagine there could be contractual things going on there), and late night shows like The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (also NBC). There's a lot the MVP will have to fit into his schedule. Plus spending time with his family and hometown fans.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:38 PM   #10
EnnEss
DIS Veteran

Im forecasting a Cardinals win with Fitzgerald as MVP. I'd be surprised if it was the next day.
EnnEss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #11
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Since it's the Arizona Cardinals playing they are now my favorite team for the next few weeks. I can handle Fitzgerald or Warner as mvp. Both of these guys helped me on my way to another fantasy football championship.

As for the Steelers, I can't stand them. Sorry Steeler fans. I've had to deal with a DW who is from the Pittsburgh area and year in and year out she drives me nuts.

(do I sound like a jealous Browns fan?........That's because I AM.)

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #12
LuvCuteBoys
Doing good is not a competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnnEss View Post
Im forecasting a Cardinals win with Fitzgerald as MVP. I'd be surprised if it was the next day.
Me too!!! The dude's on fire! He's been rocking my post-season fantasy team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Since it's the Arizona Cardinals playing they are now my favorite team for the next few weeks. I can handle Fitzgerald or Warner as mvp. Both of these guys helped me on my way to another fantasy football championship.

As for the Steelers, I can't stand them. Sorry Steeler fans. I've had to deal with a DW who is from the Pittsburgh area and year in and year out she drives me nuts.

(do I sound like a jealous Browns fan?........That's because I AM.)
I LOVE your signature line!!! They are my second-least-favorite team... behind the Pats.

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LuvCuteBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:49 PM   #13
Rudegrle
Tree Hugger

This will be the fourth time in WDW during the Super Bowl and I've never noticed a parade, celebration, or anything. ha! Oh well.
Rudegrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:40 AM   #14
EnnEss
DIS Veteran

I think Fitzgerald being the humble guy he is kind of lets them slide by too. Safeties are probably used to WRs screaming about how good they are, so if they dont maybe they just forget about them, and woops there he goes for 67 yards, or yet another 1 handed catch. Hopefully the games good. That philly / Cards game was good, so was the AFC final.

Back on topic though, i was surprised to hear some teams do get there the very next day. If i won the super bowl and was mvp, ya i'd see you in a couple days corporate sponsors, its better for everyone this way. But, the last couple years I know they were there mid week, which is more what I'd expect. And did peyton even make the one 2 years ago?
EnnEss is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: