Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #1
tiring_day
Founder member of the DJP
I will not be posting pictures of my freaky blue poncho

Day 3 of 6 : Ooooo look at the pretty snow

Day 1 of 6 : I thought there would have been snow!
Day 2 of 6 : Oh there it is
Day 3 of 6 : Ooooo look at the pretty snow

Tuesday

An early morning view from our window.

Late start this morning 9.30am breakfast in the hotel so once we were all cleaned and dressed we went downstairs– when we got to the stairs the queue was right up one side, so we went to the shorter queue on the other staircase - it was absolute chaos getting into the restaurants but okay once you had a table. I had standard breakfast, Josh picked over some cereal and Tracey enjoyed ham and cream cheese rolls and other breakfast fayre.

Arrived Disneyland at 10.45am and was quite shocked by the now. It had snowed well into the night and we were quite shocked that they had not cleared the paths although they were out with salt later.

Anyone for frosted mouse?

All wrapped up and ready for a cold day

Who took this photo?

One of the few photo's Josh would take his mits off to take

Do you think it looks busy?

Snowy castle

We headed straight for Buzz’s Space Ranger Ride (another of Josh’s favourites). I achieved one of my best scores ever at DLP over 400,000 (it stopped for ages next to a high score target) Josh was prepared as he had his own space gun from our previous trip in May. There was no waiting and we walked pretty much straight on.

Josh and I rode Buzz again and Tracey headed for Space Mountain 2 (another ride she didn’t get done in May) there was only a 15 minute wait. Tracey will not be going back on it as she also didn't like getting her head bounced around.

When we met back up we all went to see the Nautilus Submarine – again there was no wait. We somehow managed to miss this in May and it was well worth the walk through. Josh stood with me right at the barrier for the squid attack bu they need to fix the broken iris on the port hole.

It's a lot bigger on the inside

Unfortunately Autopia and the rockets were off because of the bad weather. We only saw them on once and the queues were to big for us to wait.

We all then headed to Star Tours (which Josh was tall enough to ride) – there was only a ten minute wait. Josh quite enjoyed it at the time but if we ask him now he tells us he didn't like it.

Is that french Robot still behind us?

Then we were headed to one of Josh’s Favourite, favourite rides It’s a Small World. By this stage I was really starting to enjoy it.

I believe it was 11am when I took this picture.

Next we all did Spinning Tea Cups (another of Josh’s favourites) then Josh and I rode it again straight away as there was no wait.

Tried to get somewhere for a late lunch but with no success so headed to Casey’s for lunch – Tracey and I had a set meal (think it was about 10 euros) of a long cheese hot dog, some chips and a soft drink. Josh had a child’s meal chips, hot dog, soft drink and ice cream. As it was so cold Tracey also bought a hot coffee. Total 27 Euros. We sat in the arcade to eat it as it was absolutely freezing outside. It was not much warmer in the arcade maybe only 2 or 3 below freezing, my hotdog did not stay warm for long.

Trying to eat my hotdog before it gets cold
tiring_day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
tiring_day

We went and made priority seating reservations at City Hall for Sequoia Lodge for dinner at 6.00pm, Lucky Nugget Saloon for lunch tomorrow at 3.00pm and Walt’s 3.00pm Thursday

Josh asked to go back on It’s a Small World (again and again) and who were we to refuse.

Dancing on ice

Josh thought this was a dog

We had someone behind us state that this was Madagascar

and this was Mongolia

Everyone together now

When the mouths move it really freaks me out

Bought 2 hot chocolates (we had a voucher for a free hot drink for Casey’s at lunch time) to drink while watching the parade Parade with Santa Claus in it – all the characters had their winter outfits on – the parade didn’t stop for the weather – so thought it was better and it flows so much quicker.

Goofy being very lazy

All soldiers should be taught to do this

I am sure I have seen them at line dancing

You yes you

Wendy in a thicker than usual night gown

Great balls of fire

Is she looking at me?

My god that's some attitude

I was sure he was gonna fall off, he bounced around so much

Put'em up, put'em up

I think Santa needed some helpers

We walked back to our hotel finding that it is easier to turn left at McDonalds rather than walking all the way to the balloon.

Poor elephant looks so cold

How did I end up on the ice

Chilled out at the hotel and then headed to the Beaver Grill at Sequoia Lodge. We were there just after 6pm but they decided not to open until approx 15 minutes past and there was quite a queue. Buffet okay but not a patch on Cape Cod.

We walked up to the Hotel New York and I took a few pictures but it was cold so we headed back to our hotel.

Looks so pretty at night

Love the shapes of the HNY

It's not a smile, their faces are just frozen that way

Josh was in bed by 8.00pm but before he did he had to take picture of Mr Dog who accompanies Josh on every trip as he can't sleep without him

We watched another Disney movie this time I think it was Hannah/Miley and then both fell asleep.

Another day done apologies if this one was a little photo heavy

steve
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2009, 08:34 AM   #3
dawnydoo
Dawnydoodlebug
Walking under the DLH for the first time did make me whimper like a puppy but only the once

Really enjoying Your trippie Steve and don`t apologise, I lurve looking at Your fab piccies although they do make Me feel abit chilly !
Dawn.
dawnydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
poppyolivia
I'm the ski suit queen.......and don't forget the geeky earflap hat

I love looking out for your captions....loved the 'their faces are frozen like that' thats hilarious!!! How flippin true though eh? Oh the memories!!

Santa Fe Mar 2006 5 days
Santa Fe Jan 2007 6 days
Santa Fe Jan 2008 6 days
Cheyenne Jan 2009 6 days
Santa Fe Oct 2009 5 days
Cheyenne Jan 2010 6 days
Santa Fe Oct 2010 7 days
Cheyenne Feb 2011 6 days
Santa Fe Oct 2011 6 days BOOKED
Santa Fe Jan 2012 6 days BOOKED

poppyolivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:23 AM   #5
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

Steve, those captions are still making me laugh. I'm with you on IASW - I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
scampbunny
The most fab of surprises!
doesnt take much to set me off when its about dlrp
It's emma's fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz1910 View Post
Steve, those captions are still making me laugh. I'm with you on IASW - I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister.
count me in on both - the captions are great and yes - the mouths moving is rather scary....... i try not to look at them, but keep getting drawn towards them!!!

thanks for the report - more more!

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights
Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Sept 2012 - Day trip!!
Feb 2014 - Hotel Cheyenne 4 nights
scampbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

love your tr your captions are so funny!! i love your pics they are so beautiful but even looking at them is making me cold lol

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #8
J Marley
DIS Veteran

Your photo captions are so funny.

Don't apologise for so many photos I'm loving them.Its reminding me just how cold it was brrrrrr
Old 01-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #9
tiring_day

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Marley View Post
Your photo captions are so funny.

Don't apologise for so many photos I'm loving them.Its reminding me just how cold it was brrrrrr
Yes you really had to be there to appreciate (not really the right word) how cold it was. The next day might have fewer photos as I could barely take my hands out of my gloves to take them.

steve
Old 01-21-2009, 04:24 PM   #10
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Another great but cold day. Love the photos

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:50 AM   #11
cap'njack.
Totally in love with Lisa_C

Wicked day and some awesome pictures!
Old 01-30-2009, 08:38 AM   #12
tinks_1989
need a like button

i love lots and lots of photos

awww mrdog how cute
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #13
karenmoloney
DIS Veteran

I'm loving your photos too. The one taken outside IASW has such a blue sky, you wouldn't think it was taken in winter.

Day trip Sept 1999 / 4 nights Disneyland Hotel Sept 2004 / 2 nights Holiday Inn March 2005 / 5 nights Holiday Inn Nov 2005 / 3 nights Holiday Inn March 2006 / 7 nights Pierre & Vacances July 2006 / 3 nights Sequoia Lodge Nov 2006 / 6 nights Newport Bay Resort Suite Jun 2007 / 3 nights Kyriad Nov 2007 / 1 night Sequoia Lodge Dec 2007 (no kids) / 6 nights Marriott May 2008 / 2 nights Santa Fe Aug 2008 / 6 nights Marriott Oct 2008 / 3 nights Disneyland Hotel Jan 2009 (my 40th) / 7 nights May 2009 Marriott / 2 nights August 2009 Hotel L'Elysee Val D'Europe / 5 nights Nov 2009 Marriott / 6 nights Marriott May 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Feb 2011 / 4 nights Adagio May 2011 / 9 nights Marriott Aug 2011 / 5 nights Marriott Nov 2011 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2012 / 3 nights Adajio Oct 2012 / 5 nights Marriott Dec 2012

karenmoloney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: