Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

2 Princesses, a mom and Grumpy-1st Trip Final Thoughts

Hello and Welcome to my PTR

A little background...

Back in May 2008 we took our first Disney Cruise. Special West Coast Mexican Riveria itinerary We had a fabulous time. Here are some pics

Sorry if they are big, I am not a fan of resizing... And my kiddos are cute-right??

We rebooked onboard for Nov of 2009-another special iteniary with 2 stops at CC. Joined the meet thread, great group of people and things were "cruising" right along. And then....cue ominous music...the ecconmy took a nose dive. I am a SAHM and Dh is accountant-not much room for "extras" here. We are not near retirement but opening those envelopes each month of our "savings" was depressing to say the least.

Since we had planned to do 2 days at WDW before the cruise I had been reading trip reports. Man are there some good ones. And then I found the 4 for 3 promotion. It did not take an accountant to figure out that we would save $$$ if we changed to a WDW trip instead of DCL. SO we put down a deposit for May. I am in denial about canceling our cruise-still have the ticker but I need to book airfare soon and we need that $$$.

SO, that is how our 2nd DC turned into a trip to WDW. Which I am very excited about. My girls love Disney,princesses etc. They are very excited. Hubby, well he does not get excited about much but he knows the girls will have the time of their life-love me some David Cook by the way.

Next up, the cast....

Could not get the spell checker to work and I KNOW there are mis spelled words....

Last edited by MaryAz; 10-13-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
happybratpack
Just Maryann :)
Hasn't had a curseless WDW trip in 5 years

Your kiddos are adorable! Looking forward to reading more..

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybratpack View Post
Your kiddos are adorable! Looking forward to reading more..
Thanks so much, the cast is coming up!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #4
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Here is the cast,

DH is an accountant for a "upscale" restraunt chain with headquarters here in Az. He is a homebrewer and also like to play Texas Hold Em. His personality is pretty much opposite of mine. He is very mellow and go with the flow. He is a great daddy but not so much into Disney. Loves his girls though.

Me I am a SAHM to my girls and a part time sub teacher at their pre school. I love to plan and Disney. I am pretty high energy and opinionated.

DD almost 5- we will call her "Ariel" Is a girly girl-only wants to wear dresses and loves pink. Loves all the princesses especially Ariel. Is a great swimmer and is already reading. She is more like her daddy personality wise. Can be senitive and is very routine oriented.

DD 2.5- we will call her "Tink" is full of life and energy. We call her "hurricane" at times! She has an amazing sense of humor for a 2 year old. She is as stubborn as they come. Refuses to potty train. She is the life of the party!

So, there we are. Up next plans and dining!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

What are your exact dates, goodvibes
We are going May 11-18, also with the 4/3 deal, and we are soooo excited, this will be our first time! I'm going to start my pre trip report this week too. We booked 2 rooms at All star movies last week, and will be purchasing our airfare this weekend!! Isn't it FUN... I love all the planning. I'm glad we still have a few months to go.

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 01-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Sorry about the no cruise, I would love to go on one again someday...I know what you mean about a two year old not wanting to potty. I just finally convinced my daughter that I was not going to give up and that she was going to wear underwear.... and boy it was not fun!

Looking forward to hearing more
Old 01-21-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Your DD's are so cute!! I was confused about the two tickers in your signature but I get it now. Looking forward to reading more!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
What are your exact dates, goodvibes
We are going May 11-18, also with the 4/3 deal, and we are soooo excited, this will be our first time! I'm going to start my pre trip report this week too. We booked 2 rooms at All star movies last week, and will be purchasing our airfare this weekend!! Isn't it FUN... I love all the planning. I'm glad we still have a few months to go.
The exact dates are Sat May 16 until Sun May 24. My hubby is off Memorial Day so we thought that would be a good "ease back into life" day. I will look for your pre trippie.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #9
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Sorry about the no cruise, I would love to go on one again someday...I know what you mean about a two year old not wanting to potty. I just finally convinced my daughter that I was not going to give up and that she was going to wear underwear.... and boy it was not fun!

Looking forward to hearing more
The cruise was great! I think I am going to have to do the "we are not leaving the house and you are going to do this" approach. She is just so stubborn..
Old 01-22-2009, 09:40 AM   #10
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Your DD's are so cute!! I was confused about the two tickers in your signature but I get it now. Looking forward to reading more!
Thanks, I am going to cancel the cruise this am Gotta book that airfare though.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:47 PM   #11
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

So, I cancelled the cruise yesterday, went to the meet thread and said goodbye It had to be done. Now on to the planning!!

I called Disney today to inquire about where the queen beds are,oly at the deluxe's They do have some newly rentovated rooms at CSR but those are not a gaurentee. So the POP we will stay.

Joined a May photopass share YAY

Began planning where to go when and what to do. We arrive around 4p on Sat. Figured we would get to the resort by 6p at the latest. Check in and then head to DTD for dinner at T Rex. Girls will hopefully still be on Az time. After dinner perhaps a little shopping and a trip to Goofy's Candy Co-there will be no Weight Watchers this week. Hopefully I will be at my goal and looking fine.

Sun am we will head to AK! I am costumizing a map and making my touring plan with the help of the Unoffical Guide 09. Lunch will be at Flame Tree-evryone loves BBQ-really the only meat Ariel will eat unless it is chicken shaped like a dinosaur. After lunch we will do a "how close are we to melting down" check and if close head back to the hotel. If not see a show and play.

Dinner that night will be at Coral Reef (hopefully) Hubby is a scuba diver and we are taking a family trip to Kauai (thanks inlaws) in March so the girls will be excited for the decor. We then may start on some of the Kidcot stations or well, I am not sure what else

Next day will be MK-gotta go check out what we want to do there Dole Whip and Itsakadoozies fo sho.

Thanks for reading and lurking

Yay, my color and font worked!!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #12
littleboss
1st Trip to Disney Coming Soon

I'm a lurker! Great lookin family. So you've done Disney cruise but not Disney World before?
Old 01-23-2009, 05:36 PM   #13
littleboss
1st Trip to Disney Coming Soon

LOL dumb question I just saw it is your first trip!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:32 PM   #14
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

Joining...We are going in May, too. 1st time with our 1 yr DS and 4 yr DD. Can't wait to keep reading. We want to do a Disney cruise in 2 years for our 10 year anniversary. Will depend on if we have another between now and then?

Old 01-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #15
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

So, I think I have come up with a tentative schedule for the week.

Sat May 16
Depart Phx 930a arrive Orlando 4p
check in at Magical Express
Arrive at POP, check into room

Evening
Dinner at T Rex
shopiing at DTD-Goofy's Candy Co for sure

Sun May 17th
bkfst at hotel
AK
lunch at Flame Tree
more AK or back to hotel

evening
dinner at Coral Reef
explore Sea,Land and Imagination pavillons

Monday May 18th
bkfst at hotel
MK
lunch at MK
more MK or back to hotel

evening
if still at MK dinner there or at hotel or DTD

Tues May 19th
bkfst at Epcot Princesses
tour world showcase and o Kidcot
lunch either at Epcot or hotel

evening
dinner at AKL Whispering Canyon?
early to bed

Wed May 20th
bkfst at hotel or MK
MK ALL DAY
lunch Cosmic Ray's
more MK
dinner at Crystal Palace
spectro and wishes I hope they are that night....

Thurs May 21st
bkfst at hotel
DHS
lunch at Hollywood/Vine
aft more DHS or hotel

evening
dinner at Poly? Kona?
back to MK if could not see parades

Friday May 22
bkfst at hotel
Blizzard Beach-not 100% sure. We will have to pay out of pocket for this but I think the girls would love it
lunch BB
aft hotel

evening
Epcot
dinner at Rose and Crown?? illuminations??

Sat May 23rd
bkfst at hotel
MK
lunch at MK CHH??
aft MK or ???

evening
dinner at Chef Mickey's ADR 5p
back to MK for anything we missed

Sun May 24th
bkfst at hotel
Epcot
lunch at Biergarten-get some brews in hubby before we get on the plane
back to POP for ME
back to PHX

I think we will pack some pop tarts-something my kiddos have never eaten or those cute cereal cups for bkfst foods since that is what we will probably end up paying OOP for.

So, what do you think?? Comments?? Suggestions??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: