Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2009, 10:32 AM   #91
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Wow, beautiful Condo!!!! And awesome deal with the cruise, one day I will take a Disney Cruise too. This May will be our first trip to Disney though, so I want to get a few more trips in, then we'll think about a cruise. Your boys are going to be so excited!!!!!!!!! Do you know how you're going to surprise them yet?

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
3princesses+aprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #92
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

The condo looks fantastic - love the giant chess board!

Villainess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #93
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
Wow, beautiful Condo!!!! And awesome deal with the cruise, one day I will take a Disney Cruise too. This May will be our first trip to Disney though, so I want to get a few more trips in, then we'll think about a cruise. Your boys are going to be so excited!!!!!!!!! Do you know how you're going to surprise them yet?
I think it is too. I can't wait to get there. Yeah, we got in 2 family trips to Disney first. We didn't even plan on doing the cruise this time. We said we would take one "someday" with no real plan of when that some day was. I am thrilled and excited that we added it to this trip.

~HOW WE ARE TELLING THE BOYS ABOUT THE CRUISE~
I really think the boys are going to be blown away and not expecting it at all. So far the plan is to tell them it is our last day in Disney (which isn't a lie,lol) and they will think we are leaving the next morning especially since we are packing up from the resort and staying at the Radisson hotel down by the port the night before our cruise. Then when they wake up or we wake them up I will give them both either just a letter that says "Surprise we are going on a Disney cruise TODAY!!" or a basket with goodies they will use at the beach and such and a letter saying something about "Where will you use all this stuff? How about on the Disney cruise we are going on TODAY!! I haven't figured it out for sure yet. Any ideas anyone??

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #94
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
The condo looks fantastic - love the giant chess board!

I think it's beautiful.

My oldest has played chess a few times and can't wait to try out that giant board.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
Old 04-06-2009, 12:31 AM   #95
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Hi!!! I have been able to finally read your PTR-I'm sooooo excited for your trip, it sounds AMAZING!!!!!! The condo looks beautiful - wow. I would like to try staying off-site sometime, and hit some of the other attractions in the area, like Sea World. I can't wait to read your review of the resort.

Cole's birthday invites are adorable! I didn't read all the back-and-forth with your readers, so maybe you already shared, but did you decide on one?

I love the idea of surprising the boys with sand toys and a letter about the cruise. They are gonna FLIP!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:28 AM   #96
Mic_E_Man
WDW VET

Hi "mom" and everyone.

We just booked our first DCL cruise for our family (DW, DD 11, DD 9) getting on the Wonder for a 4 day right after "mom" gets off on the 25 of Oct. "Mom" your post is great.

We live 45 minutes from Chicago, and I work downtown everyday. Your pics from your Chicago trip showed that you hit all the important spots. Navy Pier, Museum of Science and Industry, etc. are all great spots. How about the Sears Tower or John Hancock observatories?

Your plans sound great. We have been to WDW many times over the last 15 years, and have never stayed on property. We stayed at Westgate as guests not owners a couple of times. I think I recognize the dolphin fountain from Westgate on Turkey Lake Road.?. We have also stayed at Windsor Hills 2 years ago. We had a 6 bedroom house with pool and spa for less than $200 a night. That is less than $100 per family during spring break. On Disney property try getting anything for less than $200 per night for a hotel room. Windsor is great. The kids loved the water slide, and we requested that Madagascar be played in the theatre one afternoon for our whole group to go and see. We felt like the President with our own theatre and popcorn.

Our plans for this October have us in Emerald Island in a 6 bedroom house to share with my parents and sister and her family (6 adults and 6 kids). We are driving also and will spend 4 days in Orlando (one hopper day with a DD b-day on the 22nd). Pool days the rest of the time before going to the port on Sunday the 25th.

More later including a great hint on how to get the countdown to go a little quicker.

Curtis
Mic_E_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:54 AM   #97
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
I think it is too. I can't wait to get there. Yeah, we got in 2 family trips to Disney first. We didn't even plan on doing the cruise this time. We said we would take one "someday" with no real plan of when that some day was. I am thrilled and excited that we added it to this trip.

~HOW WE ARE TELLING THE BOYS ABOUT THE CRUISE~
I really think the boys are going to be blown away and not expecting it at all. So far the plan is to tell them it is our last day in Disney (which isn't a lie,lol) and they will think we are leaving the next morning especially since we are packing up from the resort and staying at the Radisson hotel down by the port the night before our cruise. Then when they wake up or we wake them up I will give them both either just a letter that says "Surprise we are going on a Disney cruise TODAY!!" or a basket with goodies they will use at the beach and such and a letter saying something about "Where will you use all this stuff? How about on the Disney cruise we are going on TODAY!! I haven't figured it out for sure yet. Any ideas anyone??
I think your sand toy idea is really cute!! Even Disney themed beach gear....like bathing suits, towels, sunglasses from Disneyshopping.com? They have some cute ones on sale now!! My Dollar store has some cute Disney themed things ,maybe you can find something there? Very cute, they are giong to love it!! I can't wait for you to go and check it out for me!!! Maybe we'll follow your lead.....in a few years.....have you explored the kids clubs at all? Maybe you and DH will have some quiet time? Imagine that.......

Happy Easter Tracy! Hope you and your boys are well!!! Thinking of you!!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:30 AM   #98
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic_E_Man View Post
Hi "mom" and everyone.

We just booked our first DCL cruise for our family (DW, DD 11, DD 9) getting on the Wonder for a 4 day right after "mom" gets off on the 25 of Oct. "Mom" your post is great.

We live 45 minutes from Chicago, and I work downtown everyday. Your pics from your Chicago trip showed that you hit all the important spots. Navy Pier, Museum of Science and Industry, etc. are all great spots. How about the Sears Tower or John Hancock observatories?

Your plans sound great. We have been to WDW many times over the last 15 years, and have never stayed on property. We stayed at Westgate as guests not owners a couple of times. I think I recognize the dolphin fountain from Westgate on Turkey Lake Road.?. We have also stayed at Windsor Hills 2 years ago. We had a 6 bedroom house with pool and spa for less than $200 a night. That is less than $100 per family during spring break. On Disney property try getting anything for less than $200 per night for a hotel room. Windsor is great. The kids loved the water slide, and we requested that Madagascar be played in the theatre one afternoon for our whole group to go and see. We felt like the President with our own theatre and popcorn.

Our plans for this October have us in Emerald Island in a 6 bedroom house to share with my parents and sister and her family (6 adults and 6 kids). We are driving also and will spend 4 days in Orlando (one hopper day with a DD b-day on the 22nd). Pool days the rest of the time before going to the port on Sunday the 25th.

More later including a great hint on how to get the countdown to go a little quicker.

Curtis
Thanks for joining and thanks for the comments.

You are lucky to be so close to Chicago. That was our first trip and although I was nervous about it I quickly became addicted to it. I really loved it and so did everyone else. Can't say enough about the food at the Cheesecake Factory and Giordano's We packed a lot into that trip. The good part was though we found that, for our family anyway, most of the museums and such just weren't worth it. Now we know that the only place we will pay to see again is The Museum of Science and Industry. We are hoping to go back this summer for a shorter, 3 days or so, trip. We want to go back to the zoo, millenium park, The Museum of S&I, and to the Hancock observatory. Of course we plan on eating at our 2 favorites also. We did the Sears Tower last time so will do the Hancock this time. Our hotel was right next to the Hancock building.

Anyway, back to disney, I am definately for staying off site. Yes it was Westgate on Turkey Lake that we stayed at the first two years we went. We really enjoyed it but I think Windsor Hills is going to be even better and the best part is no stupid timeshare shpeal. I'll be anxious to see pics of where you are staying when you get back ( I guess that is if you are going to do a TR?).

Can't wait for the hint on how to make the countdown go fasterDo tell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
I think your sand toy idea is really cute!! Even Disney themed beach gear....like bathing suits, towels, sunglasses from Disneyshopping.com? They have some cute ones on sale now!! My Dollar store has some cute Disney themed things ,maybe you can find something there? Very cute, they are giong to love it!! I can't wait for you to go and check it out for me!!! Maybe we'll follow your lead.....in a few years.....have you explored the kids clubs at all? Maybe you and DH will have some quiet time? Imagine that.......

Happy Easter Tracy! Hope you and your boys are well!!! Thinking of you!!

Hey Kristen! I think that is the idea I like best too. I did get some disney themed sand toys, stickers and such from our dollar tree store. I frequent there often,lol. I will have to go check out the sales on disneyshopping. I am there often as well. Blake already has a Wall-E beach towell and Cole has a Cars one so I don't think I'll buy new ones but I'm sure I'll find something. I can't wait to go either and hope I can provide a good review for you. I have thought about the kid stations and I think that Dylan and Blake would really enjoy a thing they do where they make Flubber. I will probably send them for that event only because they would really enjoy it and then they could participate in the "graduation" at the end where they get a free shirt and mickey ears with a grad cap I don't think we will be on our own though because Cole would go to a different area than the older boys and since he has never stayed with anyone other than grandma for an hour here and there I would feel comfortable with it and don't think he would go for it. If he would have been with his brothers it might have been a possibility.

Thank you for the Easter wishes and I hope you and yours have a great one as well. Talk to you soon.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #99
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

HAVE A WONDERFUL EASTER EVERYONE!!! Make sure to remember why it is we celebrate Easter.

I will try and post pics of our weekend on Monday.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #100
Mic_E_Man
WDW VET

Thanks for the words "mom". This will be our first cruise, and really the first time that we have had a big "countdown" to the trip. I am the most excited in the house, and am trying real hard to keep in under control. We started our countdown at about 240 days to go, and now we are at 192 days until we saddle up and hit the road.

I decided to let everyone pick one day during the countdown to have a pre-trip party. You get to pick food, location, decorations, and just be creative. For the kids one parent helps, and sets the budget at $10 for the party not including the food. I picked day 115 as that is my firefighter badge no. My wife picked her birthday as her party day. I am trying to get the kids to pick numbers under 75 to spread the parties out a little. I don't know, but it may just help.

I also try to envision what a specific day during the trip will look like. I ask the kids questions about things they may want to do. I have to remain flexible when the time comes, but it helps just talking about the trip before it is here. I almost like the anticipation better than the trip itself. It is much cheeper for sure.

Happy Easter Everyone.
Mic_E_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:49 AM   #101
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

You will LOVE the Cruise. It is so relaxing and so well thought out for the kids! I can't wait to hear what all you think of it. We are heading to WDW on October 30, 2009.....Can't wait to get back. We are trying MNSSHP this year for the first time. You will have to give me some inside tips!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #102
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Easter activities

oops, double posted

Last edited by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom; 04-14-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:42 PM   #103
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Easter activities

Ok, so I said I'd get this done yesterday but it just didn't happen. I will post some Easter pics now but still don't have a whole lot of time so will have to be quick.

The Easter activities started with the boys' Easter parties at school. (they were on Thursday as they were off of school on Friday and Monday) Well, Dylan's class didn't have a party but he wanted me to make treats anyway.

Dylan requested cupcakes that were supposed to look like Easter baskets and Blake wanted peanut butter birds nests. Don't laugh but here they are:

Here is Blake after the egg hunt at school

his class

enjoying his Easter treats at school

Then, the next thing we did was hit a couple of egg hunts in our area. These were on Saturday morning.The first one was way overcrowded and we got there right as Cole's group was going so he missed it (dh was a little too slow getting out of bed...I blame him,lol) Anyway, Blake got a couple of eggs and so did Dylan. Then they had a firetruck set up for kids to climb in/on. Some of my pics didn't turn out but here's some from that egg hunt.

(dh really wasn't mad, just didn't know he would be in the pic)

This one is a classic. Cole was really wanting to go see the Easter bunny so I got him in line for a pic. When I put him on his lap however, he decided he didn't want any part of it. Looks like I'm torturing the poor boy here but I snapped one quick pic

LOLJerry (dh) did tell me afterwards when we were looking at the pic, to look at the bunnies face. It looks like he's about to eat Cole. I didn't realize it before though, poor baby, no wonder he was scared,lol.

Anyway,then we grabbed some hot dogs and drinks from this one and ate them on the way to the next egg hunt. This one was much better, a lot less crowded and more fun for the boys.
First, it was Cole's turn. His first time hunting Easter eggs (he wasn't walking yet last year and there was snow on the ground on Easter)They had one gold and one silver egg in each group for a special prize. Here he is getting the silver one.

Daddy and Cole going through and counting his eggs

Then it was Blake's turn

He found a golden egg

Dylan's group was last. He wasn't very happy that I had brought a basket for him...he isn't little anymore momlol

He found a golden egg also

Yay!! candy

Then we headed home for the rest of the day. Next post..Easter Sunday

Old 04-14-2009, 12:59 PM   #104
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

The Easter bunny had found our house.

Dylan's basket

he got the movie 'Spiderwick Chronicles' and a Star Wars giant coloring book as well as a bunch of other things

Blake's basket

his movie was ' Alvin and The Chipmunks' and he had a Toy Story giant coloring book

Cole's basket

his movie was ' Veggie Tales: The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything' and a giant My Friend's Tigger and Pooh coloring book

Then we headed to church. When we got back we were going to my mom's for Easter lunch, an egg hunt and visiting.
Here is the jell-o rainbow I made for over there

My boys (at my mom's)

I tried to get a pick of the 3 boys before we left for church but Cole is in the stage where he isn't about to sit for pictures

Had to get a nap in after lunch and before the hunt

My stepsister got the kids all webkins (my boys and my brother's 2 daughters)

Then the egg hunt began. Each kid had about 25 eggs with their names on them and one golden egg to redeem for a prize

Dylan and Blake with their prize. The boys got super marvel and Cars stickers, hot wheels (wheel pals and Cars cars for Cole), some new figure things they are collecting and a coloring book of their favorite Nascar drivers (hot wheels book for Cole). Girls got a Lisa Frank coloring book, my little pony stickers, bracelets, princess lipgloss rings and hair things.

Here is Cole coloring with my stepsister Kara (on the right) and my cousin Amy

This concluded our Easter activities. We had a great weekend with family. The boys got spoiled as normal and they now have WAY too much candy as normal. I hope everyone had a great weekend. I will try and update again soon.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #105
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic_E_Man View Post
Thanks for the words "mom". This will be our first cruise, and really the first time that we have had a big "countdown" to the trip. I am the most excited in the house, and am trying real hard to keep in under control. We started our countdown at about 240 days to go, and now we are at 192 days until we saddle up and hit the road.

I decided to let everyone pick one day during the countdown to have a pre-trip party. You get to pick food, location, decorations, and just be creative. For the kids one parent helps, and sets the budget at $10 for the party not including the food. I picked day 115 as that is my firefighter badge no. My wife picked her birthday as her party day. I am trying to get the kids to pick numbers under 75 to spread the parties out a little. I don't know, but it may just help.

I also try to envision what a specific day during the trip will look like. I ask the kids questions about things they may want to do. I have to remain flexible when the time comes, but it helps just talking about the trip before it is here. I almost like the anticipation better than the trip itself. It is much cheeper for sure.

Happy Easter Everyone.
picking days sounds like a good idea. I might have to try that one. I already planned on doing some disney days leading up to the trip. Thanks for the tip. I also love talking about things we will do with the kids. Anticipation really is a lot of fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
You will LOVE the Cruise. It is so relaxing and so well thought out for the kids! I can't wait to hear what all you think of it. We are heading to WDW on October 30, 2009.....Can't wait to get back. We are trying MNSSHP this year for the first time. You will have to give me some inside tips!

Thanks for coming over. I am trying to get back to your TR to go through it some more. THere are so many things I have to comment on already.
I can't wait for the cruise. I am soooo excited about it. We're also doing MNSSHP for the first time as you might have read. I will try to have some tips for you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: