Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #76
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

I did decide to check out the new deal disney has with the free dining but it just isn't going to work for us. First, we are a family of 5 not 4. Plus my stepsister has decided to join us so there is no way we could all fit in one of the hotel rooms at disney.

It just can't beat the deal I am getting of $510 for 5 nights at a 3 bedroom 2 bath condo with your own kitchen and washer/dryer~not to mention an awesome castle playground, great pool with water slide and so much more. I can't wait to get there. It just stinks that with the new changes we won't really have a free day to lounge around the resort. Oh well, I guess those are the sacrificies you have to make to go on a cruise! lol, yeah, I can't complain.

Pics of the condo we chose coming soon. I would post them already but since he hasn't gotten our money order yet he hasn't froze our dates yet. I'm afraid if I put up the pics someone else would love it too and beat me to booking our dates....does that sound too selfish I hope not, I just worry about these things because it took me FOREVER to decide on a place.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:24 PM   #77
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Hi! Our vacation dates coincide. We are flying down Oct. 16th (our 10 year wedding anniversary), and flying back home Oct. 23rd. We are also planning on doing Epcot on the 18th! We are going to do MNSSHP that night.

We're staying off-site at a rental house. It was just over $1000 for 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, and our own pool--not too shabby.

I am so anxious to solidify our itinerary. I am anxiously waiting for Southwest to post their October rates and schedules!
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2009, 09:02 AM   #78
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
Hi! Our vacation dates coincide. We are flying down Oct. 16th (our 10 year wedding anniversary), and flying back home Oct. 23rd. We are also planning on doing Epcot on the 18th! We are going to do MNSSHP that night.

We're staying off-site at a rental house. It was just over $1000 for 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, and our own pool--not too shabby.

I am so anxious to solidify our itinerary. I am anxiously waiting for Southwest to post their October rates and schedules!
Thanks for coming along. That's neat that we will be there the same time. Congrats on your anniversary. It will be my hubby and I's 12th anniversary 2 weeks after we get back. Which resort did u choose? Isn't it so much better than being in a hotel room? I'm not sure if that itenarary is going to stay the same or not. I'm trying to figure out how to squeeze it all in.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
Old 03-31-2009, 09:18 AM   #79
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Ok, any suggestions would be appreciated. Trying to figure out how to squeeze all the stuff in now that we won't be in disney as long due to the cruise. I am pretty much counting on the boys (and us) really wanting more than 1 day at DHS because we have never been there and there is soooo much we want to do. We are movie people.

I have decided to go ahead and get a 5 day ticket since it's only $12 more for all of us together. I'm doing this so I can throw in another 1/2 day at DHS. My only dilema is where to put it in at.

In order to squeeze it in we will have to make one of our other parks a half day. I am guessing we will want a whole day at Epcot since we have never been there either and think it will be neat to show the boys all the different "countries". I was thinking of making AK a 1/2 day because we have seen it before and all we really want to do there is go to the dinosaur area again, the safari ride and EE. There is always plenty to do at MK so I'm pretty positive we will keep that a whole day. The only reason I would consider cutting it in 1/2 is because we are going to MNSSHP on another day and will get to explore the park again that night. I was thinking of doing MNSSHP another day so we would technically have 2 days at MK but should I just do MNSSHP on our MK day and bring our party stuff in the car? If I did that we wouldn't have to cut any other park days in half. Or should I just do AK in 1/2 a day and then do MNSSHP that evening or go to DHS that afternoon. We have our downtown disney day to do one of them also (either the MNSSHP or DHS 1/2 day).

I hope I am making some sense and someone who has been to all parks, one of the special parties or just has better knowledge of all the parks will be able help me out.

Thanks for any input.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:01 PM   #80
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
Ok, any suggestions would be appreciated. Trying to figure out how to squeeze all the stuff in now that we won't be in disney as long due to the cruise. I am pretty much counting on the boys (and us) really wanting more than 1 day at DHS because we have never been there and there is soooo much we want to do. We are movie people.

I have decided to go ahead and get a 5 day ticket since it's only $12 more for all of us together. I'm doing this so I can throw in another 1/2 day at DHS. My only dilema is where to put it in at.

In order to squeeze it in we will have to make one of our other parks a half day. I am guessing we will want a whole day at Epcot since we have never been there either and think it will be neat to show the boys all the different "countries". I was thinking of making AK a 1/2 day because we have seen it before and all we really want to do there is go to the dinosaur area again, the safari ride and EE. There is always plenty to do at MK so I'm pretty positive we will keep that a whole day. The only reason I would consider cutting it in 1/2 is because we are going to MNSSHP on another day and will get to explore the park again that night. I was thinking of doing MNSSHP another day so we would technically have 2 days at MK but should I just do MNSSHP on our MK day and bring our party stuff in the car? If I did that we wouldn't have to cut any other park days in half. Or should I just do AK in 1/2 a day and then do MNSSHP that evening or go to DHS that afternoon. We have our downtown disney day to do one of them also (either the MNSSHP or DHS 1/2 day).

I hope I am making some sense and someone who has been to all parks, one of the special parties or just has better knowledge of all the parks will be able help me out.

Thanks for any input.
Ooh..I'll be back later!! Have lots of input! Got to get Ethan on the bus, feed the little ones, get Cole down for his nap and I'll be baaaackkk.....
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:34 PM   #81
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Yay! I need all the input I can get. It's so crazy and frustrating trying to figure out how to cram it all in especially when we've never been to Epcot or DHS or done a party. Help please

Old 03-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #82
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Okay...I'll probably confuse you more..but here goes, feel free to ask any questions if I lose you!! LOL! You definately can do AK in a 1/2 day and especially since you haven't done DHS I would say a full day would be perfect for there, I personally don't think you need more than one full day there....what does everyone else think? You will definately want to do MK for AT LEAST one FULL day, plus MNSSHP one night (now, remember, you do not need a ticket that day if you decide to only do the party that day and you can enter at 4pm and stay all night-- this is what we did on MVMCP day, we went to DTD during the day, had a leisurely afternoon, went to Chef Mickey's for dinner then headed to the party that night and stayed until 11 p.m with all the boys! and it worked out great!!). I would say Epcot you could use more time at...depending on how you want to tour it...we did the World show case one day and the rest another 1/2 day....there are great KIDCOT stations your boys will love and a lot of interaction with CM's from the different countries, they can make masks and decorate them in each country, it's fun for them. The last 1/2 day you can play by ear and go where ever everyone wants to revisit....maybe do more time at MK or since the boys are older, do more at DHS? Does this help at all?? Sorry if I made you even crazier!!! LOL!!
Old 03-31-2009, 03:58 PM   #83
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Thanks Kristen for all your info. I didn't realize that on the day of the party you could get into MK at 4. I assumed you couldn't get in until time for the party at 7 so I will definately keep it for a seperate day than our original MK day. Glad to hear you agree that I could do AK in 1/2 a day. I had thought about leaving the extra park time open for whichever park we decide we need more time at whether that be DHS or some where else so I guess I will leave it at that. With only having 5 full days at disney and not being able to do 2 parks in one day (the park hopper option just adds too much money) it's just kind of crazy since we want to do DTD and MNSSHP. They will let you do one park the first 1/2 of the day and then use your MNSSHP ticket to get into MK that afternoon right? If so I guess I have come up with a plan on what to do, if by some miracle we decide we can stay one more night that would change everything and make it all much more doable. Until then though here is the plan:

Sat. MK day (is it crazy at MK on Sat. or ok for that time of year??)
Sun. Epcot day
Mon. DHS day
Tues. AK 1/2 day and MNSSHP
Weds. DTD and park of choice for 1/2 day.

How does that plan look? If we strike gold and do get to stay another night (not just a problem money wise but also another missed day of school for boys) then I will update this plan. Thanks again for your help Kristen. It's nice to hear from someone who has been to all 4 parks and a party. In addition, you have 3 boys like me and with our Cole's being the same age your opinion is extra nice.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #84
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Our condo choice

Ok, decided I'm going to go ahead and post pics of the condo we chose since he should be getting the money and freezing our dates by tomorrow. I am really excited about staying here. I love the colors blue and brown together and that's pretty much how this whole condo is decorated. It's not quite as homey feeling as some of the other places but I love the way it looks and we didn't want it to be too frumpyy...we want to feel spoiled after all,lol.

We went back and forth between condos and townhouses because they were real close to the same price. The town houses would have given us a splash pool but we probably never would have used it anyway. We thought about staying at the townhouse also because it would make us feel like we are getting more for our money (with it being a 2 story house) it also meant more for me to be paranoid about since I am a worry wart and a scaredy cat,lol. SOOOOO these are some of the reasons why we decided to just stay at a condo. We aren't going to be there a whole lot anyway.

This condo has a view of the lake from the lanai and is across from the back entrance to the pool so it is perfect.

Here is the living room

view of the lake out of the sliding doors

the dining area

kitchen

our bedroom-which has it's own private bath

second bedroom

third bedroom- with ps2(not that we will have time or care to play it,lol)

one of two bathrooms

Isn't it just GORGEOUS! I think so. All of this for the same price or less than a value resort at disney with a tiny, hotel-like room....I am soooo excited!

I'll post some pics of the resort in next post in case anyone hasn't seen it.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #85
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

The resort clubhouse

huge pool with huge waterslide and it has a zero depth entry side (great for Cole)

awesome castle playground I can't wait to take the boys to

neat giant chessboard

game room

it also has a theatre where you can watch free movies, a bbq grill/picnic area and other things. So beautiful I can't wait to be there.

Ok, will update again soon.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #86
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hey Tracy!

Wow what a great place you got booked!!! I can't wait to hear what you think about it when you get home, I think it may be the way we'll have to go our next family trip...families of 5 are kind of squished in a typical hotel room, especially when the 'baby' is sleeping in a big boy bed!!!! I was looking into those places for our last trip and with the minivan rental, it wasn't cheaper for us....and Coley was still okay in the pack n'play at 17 mos. I agree, a place to spread out, to do wash, take a dip in the pool and to have your own place to sleep with DH and have down time once the boys are in bed sounds like more of a vacation to me than a box of a hotel room.

Looking forward to the next update and I'll look over your plan of attack tomorrow morning....I read it and had some comments but now have to get the boys in the tubby!!

ttys!
Kristen
Old 04-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #87
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Subbing! Going back to read!

OK!! Love the condo pics!!! it looks gorgeous. What a fun surprise about the cruise! You plans sound great. We need as much time as possible at MK because DD will literally ride a lot of things 3-4 times. My tip for MNSSHP is to try and accomplish as many rides as you can from 4-7. Then you'll have from 7-midnight to do all the party things. We wasted too much party time riding rides. The only ride I must to during MNSSHP is HM. They take your pic in front and they have all these fun CMs dressed up like the characters in the ride walking around the line area.

Last edited by Tnkrbelle565; 04-01-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Tnkrbelle565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #88
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

You'll love a condo. We always rent one when we go to Branson that is on a golf course. It has an indoor and outdoor pool and plenty of room to play outside. Plus ours came with a washer/dryer. Huge benefit...since the 1st time we went we all ended up with the stomach flu. It also had a dishwasher. My hubby and daughter have touchy stomachs so its good for them to have some home cooked meals during vacation. I pray we all do ok with WDW. We have never been away this long before! I am ordering milk and pepto from Garden Grocer. So maybe I can coat their stomachs!!!

bertegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #89
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

That condo looks so nice!!!

We are staying in a condo in May and there is nothing like it to have a kitchen. We do miss staying onsite with the extra hours and transportation, but not having to eat out all the time and the added space makes up for it!!!

Where is the condo at? I probubly missed that part in your PTR.

P.S. Feel free to check out my PTR through the link in my sig!
Leleluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:11 AM   #90
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Hey Tracy!

Wow what a great place you got booked!!! I can't wait to hear what you think about it when you get home, I think it may be the way we'll have to go our next family trip...families of 5 are kind of squished in a typical hotel room, especially when the 'baby' is sleeping in a big boy bed!!!! I was looking into those places for our last trip and with the minivan rental, it wasn't cheaper for us....and Coley was still okay in the pack n'play at 17 mos. I agree, a place to spread out, to do wash, take a dip in the pool and to have your own place to sleep with DH and have down time once the boys are in bed sounds like more of a vacation to me than a box of a hotel room.

Looking forward to the next update and I'll look over your plan of attack tomorrow morning....I read it and had some comments but now have to get the boys in the tubby!!

ttys!
Kristen
Yes, the condo is much easier/nicer for us. It's what we've done both the other times we went. It really helps to not have to pack as much because you can do laundry and you don't have to take home dirty clothes. It is also nice to have the kitchen. We haven't ever really cooked a meal at our condo before...just snacks,breakfast foods and drinks. This year though we plan on cooking out with their bbq grills at least one or 2 nights and I can't wait. The last 2 trips we stayed at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa so I'm anxious to see this new resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Subbing! Going back to read!

OK!! Love the condo pics!!! it looks gorgeous. What a fun surprise about the cruise! You plans sound great. We need as much time as possible at MK because DD will literally ride a lot of things 3-4 times. My tip for MNSSHP is to try and accomplish as many rides as you can from 4-7. Then you'll have from 7-midnight to do all the party things. We wasted too much party time riding rides. The only ride I must to during MNSSHP is HM. They take your pic in front and they have all these fun CMs dressed up like the characters in the ride walking around the line area.
I love it too, can't wait to see it in person. I hope we can pull off the surprise about the cruise, they will be so excited...especially when they think our trip is over,lol. Thank you very much for the tip about doing the rides more in the beginning.That is a really good idea. I could've seen us doing the same thing in getting caught up riding the rides. Thanks for the warning. Really excited to do HM during the MNSSHP and to get that pic, how cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertegirl View Post
You'll love a condo. We always rent one when we go to Branson that is on a golf course. It has an indoor and outdoor pool and plenty of room to play outside. Plus ours came with a washer/dryer. Huge benefit...since the 1st time we went we all ended up with the stomach flu. It also had a dishwasher. My hubby and daughter have touchy stomachs so its good for them to have some home cooked meals during vacation. I pray we all do ok with WDW. We have never been away this long before! I am ordering milk and pepto from Garden Grocer. So maybe I can coat their stomachs!!!
We've done the condo thing both the other times we've gone to disney and for that reason alone don't think we could ever stay onsite in a hotel room. The washer/dryer and your own space is just wonderful!!! We are staying at a different resort this time and I think it will be even better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
That condo looks so nice!!!

We are staying in a condo in May and there is nothing like it to have a kitchen. We do miss staying onsite with the extra hours and transportation, but not having to eat out all the time and the added space makes up for it!!!

Where is the condo at? I probubly missed that part in your PTR.

P.S. Feel free to check out my PTR through the link in my sig!
I can't imagine having to stay in a little hotel room for that length. Condos are definately the way to go for us. The last 2 times we went we stayed at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. This time we are staying at Windsor Hills. Westgate was nice but I think Windsor Hills is going to be even better...can't wait to get there.

I will come check out your PTR.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: