Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #31
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:39 AM   #32
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry, I am being a bad, bad hostess. Time always seems to get the best of me and the days slip away fast. We've just been busy with normal everyday things and Cole and I took a trip to the E.R. at 3:30 in the morning the other day because it sounded like he could barely breath. We found out he had croup. 2 steroid shots in the leg and a breathing treatment later we were home again an hour before I had to get up to get the older two ready and on the bus for school. Things are good again now with just the runny nose remaining. It has taken several days to get mostly back to our normal schedule. Don't you hate it that if one day gets messed up sleep wise it takes the little ones forever it seems to get back on track. ANYWAY, sorry to ramble just wanting to destress some more. Hope everyone is still good and that I might have a reader or two left. I know you're here Kristen and I really appreciate it. I am going to do an update very soon. The only computer time I've had lately is trying to narrow down which condo or townhouse we are going to choose...decisions, decisions. Also, there might be 2 people joining our vacation...my grandma and my aunt. That is still up in the air though. I will be back before too long with an actual update I promise.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2009, 06:13 AM   #33
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
I'm so sorry, I am being a bad, bad hostess. Time always seems to get the best of me and the days slip away fast. We've just been busy with normal everyday things and Cole and I took a trip to the E.R. at 3:30 in the morning the other day because it sounded like he could barely breath. We found out he had croup. 2 steroid shots in the leg and a breathing treatment later we were home again an hour before I had to get up to get the older two ready and on the bus for school. Things are good again now with just the runny nose remaining. It has taken several days to get mostly back to our normal schedule. Don't you hate it that if one day gets messed up sleep wise it takes the little ones forever it seems to get back on track. ANYWAY, sorry to ramble just wanting to destress some more. Hope everyone is still good and that I might have a reader or two left. I know you're here Kristen and I really appreciate it. I am going to do an update very soon. The only computer time I've had lately is trying to narrow down which condo or townhouse we are going to choose...decisions, decisions. Also, there might be 2 people joining our vacation...my grandma and my aunt. That is still up in the air though. I will be back before too long with an actual update I promise.
Oh Tracy!!
I'm so sorry to hear about little Cole!!! I'm glad to hear he's doing better!!! I totally feel your pain...we haven't slept here through the night in 5 days....Cole threw up last Wednesday, spiked a fever of 103, came down with a cough, runny nose, etal Friday, got worse over the weekend. I had him at the dr. yesterday for the cough and fever, again, and he's got Bronchitis and an ear infection, as well. He's been off and on the nebulizer since Fall, and they said if he gets bronchitis again (which he did, this is his 4th time since Fall!!!!) he'd be put on a daily steriod for it. Thankfully, she wants to wait since his one lung sounded clear and it was just one that was acting up. SO I"m sending you BIG HUGS right now and hope baby Cole (and Mommy, too!) are hanging in there. OT, between all of our confusion with our Cole, Lucas has had two accidents at night so in between being up for him, we're up changing beds too, life is good! LOL!! Let's both hope for a better rest of the week!!

Can't wait to hear the rest of your plans...I'll be here!!!
Take care of you!!
Kristen
Old 02-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #34
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Oh Tracy!!I'm so sorry to hear about little Cole!!! I'm glad to hear he's doing better!!! I totally feel your pain...we haven't slept here through the night in 5 days....Cole threw up last Wednesday, spiked a fever of 103, came down with a cough, runny nose, etal Friday, got worse over the weekend. I had him at the dr. yesterday for the cough and fever, again, and he's got Bronchitis and an ear infection, as well. He's been off and on the nebulizer since Fall, and they said if he gets bronchitis again (which he did, this is his 4th time since Fall!!!!) he'd be put on a daily steriod for it. Thankfully, she wants to wait since his one lung sounded clear and it was just one that was acting up. SO I"m sending you BIG HUGS right now and hope baby Cole (and Mommy, too!) are hanging in there. OT, between all of our confusion with our Cole, Lucas has had two accidents* at night so in between being up for him, we're up changing beds too, life is good! LOL!! Let's both hope for a better rest of the week!!Can't wait to hear the rest of your plans...I'll be here!!! Take care of you!!Kristen
Kristen, ** Definately doesn't sound like you are having any better luck than me. So sorry to hear of your Coley's bad luck as well. I will be praying for him to get well and for his mommy to be able to get sleep. Also hope that you have better luck with Lucas, gotta love the fun you can have with multiple children, it always seems to pile up all at once. We had another rough night last night...not with being sick, just with Coley not wanting to sleep for some reason...I guess still getting back to his schedule. So far, so good tonight...knock on wood. He fell asleep at a decent 9:30, not as good as usual but better than recently, so I hope we are on our way. Here's to us both being able to catch some decent z's.*

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
Old 02-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #35
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

A small update.....

I think I have pretty much narrowed it down to where we are staying. Found a really great deal from an owner at Windsor Hills (www.vacationcentralflorida.com). The only problem I have with it is that in order to keep their prices so low they only rent from Saturday to Saturday and only 7 nights at a time. We are thinking we need to stay 8 nights in order to do all that we have planned so we would find a hotel for the first night we get to Orlando and then move on to the resort for the remaining 7. Anyway, it's only going to be about $525 with tax and all for this 3 bedroom condo.

living room

kitchen

master bedroom

second bedroom

and the boys' room

as I said we are not completely decided yet but about 85% I'd say.

I have also came up with a rough draft of our schedule

1st full day in Orlando: Animal Kingdom
2nd day: Magic Kingdom
3rd day: Dylan & Blake do pirate adventure cruise in morning and then free day at the resort.
4th day: Sea World
5th day: Epcot
6th day: DHS
7th day: DTD and MVMCP

all of these are subject to change as well depending on the final date we decide on being there (depending on where we stay) and what nights the MVMCP is on and the pirate cruise that we choose for the boys. We also plan on doing our first ever character meals this trip. I think we have decided on CP breakfast for our day at MK (Coley has become obsessed with My Friends Tigger and Pooh show) and Ohana for breakfast one day ( Dylan and Blake love Stitch and you also get to have Mickey and Pluto!)

Let me know what you guys think about all of this. I would love any input on any of it.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:14 AM   #36
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Is there anyone still out there??

Old 02-13-2009, 06:47 AM   #37
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi Tracy!
I'm here...just tied down with the boys....all three have bronchitis and ear infections! We're having a fun week! LOL!! But the good news is, next week they'll all be healthy!! Trying to stay optomistic here....

Your plans sound great! I've looked into Windsor Hills a couple of times, can't wait to see what you think. When I've priced it out, it was still cheaper for us to stay on property in a value resort and not pay for a car, so we went that route. But the properties looked beautiful and I love the fact you all have your own space, pool, laundry..I'm SURE that that is where we'll stay next time now that Cole is getting bigger.

I can't wait to hear what Blake and Dylan think of the pirate adventure, too! It's something I have thought my boys would love..how cute and fun for them....AND, you get some downtime with just Cole, that's always nice, too!!

Hope that your boys are doing well and Coley is feeling better now? Looking forward to hearing the rest!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #38
hannahsmom7
Mouseketeer

I just subscribed! Really enjoyed your last TR! We were hoping to go this Nov as well, but we're having another baby instead. Our #3 is due in June, so we'll have to wait another couple years. I have to live through everyone else in the meantime!
hannahsmom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #39
onajourney
Mouseketeer

I'll join in on your planning too since we'll be there the same time just in case you come across anything cool that I need to know! I just booked our town house after seeing you were interested in the Mickey Safari one. I think the boys would love that.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #40
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Tracy!
I'm here...just tied down with the boys....all three have bronchitis and ear infections! We're having a fun week! LOL!! But the good news is, next week they'll all be healthy!! Trying to stay optomistic here....

Your plans sound great! I've looked into Windsor Hills a couple of times, can't wait to see what you think. When I've priced it out, it was still cheaper for us to stay on property in a value resort and not pay for a car, so we went that route. But the properties looked beautiful and I love the fact you all have your own space, pool, laundry..I'm SURE that that is where we'll stay next time now that Cole is getting bigger.

I can't wait to hear what Blake and Dylan think of the pirate adventure, too! It's something I have thought my boys would love..how cute and fun for them....AND, you get some downtime with just Cole, that's always nice, too!!

Hope that your boys are doing well and Coley is feeling better now? Looking forward to hearing the rest!!!
Really hope all your boys are doing better now. I assume they are through watching your TR. Cole is fine (knock on wood)

We have always stayed off site but we drive down (because I'm a big chicken about flying) so we don't need to rent a car. I love the freedom of being able to come and go as we please and not standing in line for busses. We also go to different places like Sea World and the beach so we need a car. Plus, I could never stay at a hotel like room for that long especially after having stayed elsewhere. It is so nice for everyone to have space and to have the kitchen and washer/dryer is a lifesaver.

I really hope the boys will enjoy the pirate adv. I'm sure they will. I was a chicken about letting them do it cause I normally would never allow them to leave my sight while on vacation but one of my friends here on the dis let her boys do it and assured me it was safe and they loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahsmom7 View Post

I just subscribed! Really enjoyed your last TR! We were hoping to go this Nov as well, but we're having another baby instead. Our #3 is due in June, so we'll have to wait another couple years. I have to live through everyone else in the meantime!
CONGRATULATIONS!! That's so exciting. No need to put off Disney. I took a 6 month old remember and it was still great! I am so glad we decided to not wait on account of him being little. We just slowed the pace down some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onajourney View Post
I'll join in on your planning too since we'll be there the same time just in case you come across anything cool that I need to know! I just booked our town house after seeing you were interested in the Mickey Safari one. I think the boys would love that.
As stated in the other thread, thank you for that. I am 99 % sure we are going to choose the safari condo. Just a couple of little things to check on first.

Hope to update real soon with a booking of our final decision.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #41
dogodisney
DIS Veteran

I just found this so I will come along for the ride.
I am planning our first Decemeber trip, which seems so far off. It will be nice to see your plans as it will help pass the time for both of us.

Looking forward to reading more.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #42
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi! Just had to say, your signature pic is SO cute!!!! And btw, we're in Plymouth, where are you on the Cape? That's where I grew up!! Sorry, enough hijacking, Tracy!!

PS-- my baby #3 was born on 6/27, it's a good day!

Last edited by princess&her4princes; 02-19-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #43
hannahsmom7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi! Just had to say, your signature pic is SO cute!!!! And btw, we're in Plymouth, where are you on the Cape? That's where I grew up!! Sorry, enough hijacking, Tracy!!

PS-- my baby #3 was born on 6/27, it's a good day!

Thanks for saying HI! We are in Plymouth all the time--we're a bit addicted to Red Robin! We're only about 10ish mins from the bridge, on the Sandwich/Mashpee/M Mills line. I'm going to check out your TR!

Tracy, I wouldn't have a problem taking a six month old to Disney (easier than a 2 yr old for sure!), except our Disney fund is instead going towards an unexpected summer off of work for me fund, lol! That and I think it would be rough w/the baby AND a runner of a 2yr old. If he was older it wouldn't be so bad, but he's such a mover! So, we'll start rebuilding the Disney fund once I go back to work in the fall .
hannahsmom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:14 AM   #44
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for saying HI!* We are in Plymouth all the time--we're a bit addicted to Red Robin!* We're only about 10ish mins from the bridge, on the Sandwich/Mashpee/M Mills line.* I'm going to check out your TR!Tracy, I wouldn't have a problem taking a six month old to Disney (easier than a 2 yr old for sure!), except our Disney fund is instead going towards an unexpected summer off of work for me fund, lol!* That and I think it would be rough w/the baby AND a runner of a 2yr old.* If he was older it wouldn't be so bad, but he's such a mover!* So, we'll start rebuilding the Disney fund once I go back to work in the fall .
Hopefully taking a 2 yr. old isn't crazy,lol. (that's how old Cole will be when we go) I definately understand the Disney fund issue and it would be really hard having the baby and a 2 year old. Hopefully you will be back in disney before you know it.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:18 AM   #45
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogodisney View Post
I just found this so I will come along for the ride.
I am planning our first Decemeber trip, which seems so far off. It will be nice to see your plans as it will help pass the time for both of us.

Looking forward to reading more.

It does seem a long way off and I am hoping this will help pass the time. I don't know about you I am very excited about seeing the Disney magic at Christmas time. Glad you are here to join us.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: