Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2009, 02:55 PM   #16
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Ok, I think I've bombarded you with pics enough for now.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #17
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
Ok, so we aren't going until Nov. 29th through Dec. 7th of this year but I'm SOOOO excited I can't contain myself. We had to miss last year and so as soon as we decided when we were going I wanted to start planning. I know, my dh says I need help. I want to start a pre trippie but I don't know if anyone would come along and help me make the time pass a little faster until then or not. I thought along with some plans I could share pics of current happenings and hopefully get to just chat and discuss disney dreaming with some friends who share my love of Disney. Before I officially start I'd like to see if anyone would be even interested in this thread. If you think you might like to just talk about Disney, going to Disney, kids, husbands and just life in general while waiting to go to Disney, drop me a message on here and if I get anyone interested at all then I will officially start.

Thanks for at least listening to my rantings.
Hi Tracy!!
Just noticed from my TR that you've started a PTR!!! Off to bed now...but will check in later and subbing!!! Yay!!

ttys!
Kristen
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #18
BridetobeDisney
DIS Veteran

Hey! I saw you have a PTR too! Your family is too cute for words. Cole just seems like the happiest baby ever!! He is smiling in every picture. Your boys are so cute. It looks like you had a great time on your last trip. Now I'm going to go read your last TR!!

I'm looking forward to hearing about all the planning!
BridetobeDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #19
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Hi Tracy!!
Just noticed from my TR that you've started a PTR!!! Off to bed now...but will check in later and subbing!!! Yay!!

ttys!
Kristen
Hi Kristen!!! So glad you found your way here. I will try not to bore you too much. I should be in bed also but alas I must stay up for a bit for some "mommy" time. My poor baby Cole is working on his 5th night of throwing up/not eating and today diarhea(?) We head back to the doctor in the morning to get him rechecked. It's been a crazy week. Talk to you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridetobeDisney View Post
Hey! I saw you have a PTR too! Your family is too cute for words. Cole just seems like the happiest baby ever!! He is smiling in every picture. Your boys are so cute. It looks like you had a great time on your last trip. Now I'm going to go read your last TR!!

I'm looking forward to hearing about all the planning!
Hi!!! Nice to see that you came by. Cole is a very happy boy. We had a fantastic time and I can't wait to go back. Hopefully this won't be too boring since I have so long to go before we leave.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
Old 01-22-2009, 07:15 AM   #20
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Morning Tracy!!
I just read/look through your PTR, and you've got some GREAT pics on here!! Your boys are so photogenic!! And I just have to say, I love the pic of Coley asleep in bed with baby Pluto! How adorable is that?!

I hope that Cole is feeling beter soon!!! It's so hard with the older kids in school, the baby is the one that catches everything, I swear!! I keep saying the my Cole will never have a sick day from school since he'll have had it all by the time he's 5! Poor babies!!!! Hope today is a good day for you and he's doing better, it's so scarey when they have the stomach virus!! Cole was hospitalized in Septemeber for a week for that because he was so dehydrated and I couldn't get him to keep anything down! He lost 2 lbs. in 2 days....it was scarey!! Especially when they are only 20 something lbs. to begin with. Praying he's doing okay.....

Looking forward to hearing the rest of your plans....I've looked into Windsor Hills, can't wait to see what you think about it. I think when we go again we'll need to consider some place like that since we won't fit into a standard room anymore!!

I'll ttys!!
Have a nice day!!!!
Kristen
Old 01-22-2009, 07:46 AM   #21
jewels1916
Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?

Morning, Tracy! Love the new pics you posted, your boys are so handsome!
'89 - off site (age 4) - DMom DDad Me '94 - off site (age 9) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DGrandparents '99 - All-Star Movies (age 14) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '02 - All-Star Sports (age 16) - Contest of Champions - Dance Team '06 - Wilderness Lodge (age 21) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '08 - Contemporary (age 23) - Finished Grad School - DMom DDad Me Dec. '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (age 24) - MVMCP - BFF Kelly Me May/June 2010 - POFQ/Pop (age 25) - BFF Kelly and Disboards BFF PiperMae Oct. '12 - Land and Sea Boardwalk/DCL Dream (age 27) - MNSSHP - BFF Joey and Fam Feb. '13 - Polynesian (age 27) - Sister's 21st bday - DMom, DDad, DSis

jewels1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:58 AM   #22
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Hello! We will be done there the same week as you! HOw fun! I remember reading your last TR. You have a lovely family. Your oldest DS looks exactly like your DH!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:42 AM   #23
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

It's been really quiet on this thread for awhile and I apologize if anyone is listening. I was trying to think of something to post and thought, "What the heck, I'll post pics of our Chicago trip that we took this last summer". It is something different so thought some might be interested, if not I'm sorry and feel free to just skip this post. As stated though, to keep me entertained until we leave for Disney I will probably discuss many different things on here not always relating to disney. Anyway, we went to Chicago (about a 4+ hour train ride for us) for our first time this summer. None of us had ever been nor had we or our kids been on a train so we thought it would be a lot of fun. (btw, I am now officially addicted to Chicago as well...love that city). My brother Jason had never been either and asked to tag along so you might see him in some pictures. I'll try to start out by just posting a few pics and see if anyone is interested at all before I go too crazy

On the train on the way to Chicago, tired baby..

at The Museum of Science and Industry

Navy Pier

my little monkey with the little monkey at the zoo

my other two monkeys

The boys loved these huge fountain things at Millenium Park, so cool

Cole thought it was the greatest also

what they call "The Bean" at Millenium Park. Our family is in front of it but you can barely see us.

I LOVE this night shot I took on the bridge of the Chicago river

Buckingham Fountain ( SOOO pretty) from the beginning of Married with Children...anyone remember that show,lol?

changing colors

Ok, that's all I will do for now. If anyone is interested I will post more.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:35 PM   #24
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Looks like a fun trip Tracy! I've never been to Chicago before, but someplace I hope to visit sometime. Great pics of the little monkeys!!! Would love to see more!!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:15 PM   #25
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reply Kristen, how pathetic that NO ONE else replied oh well. I will put some more Chicago pics up soon if you really aren't that bored by them. I know you are out of town this weekend and tomorrow is Blake's bday party so I will be busy also but hope to do it by Sunday.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #26
DonnyD
Earning My Ears

Never to early to Plan...

Even though I have been to Disneyworld 8 times each trip is unique because each child is of a differnt age and each group you go with is different.

I started in Sept. 2008 planning for Dec. 2009 and even booked the hotel in Nov. 2008 a whole year in advance - do you think I'm a bit anxious.

My upcoming trip this Dec. is for my best friends 60th birthday. She has never been to DW during the holidays and it is just the 2 of us, so this trip is different from all my others.

I have not told her any dertails of the trip except the dates & I am revealing the rest bit by bit in my version of the 12 Days of Christmas. My version is the "12 Months til Disney". First I made her a blank Mickey Ears clock wall hanging. On the 3rd of each of the 12 preceeding months before our departure I send my girlfriend a disney gift box that includes 1) a tag that reads "On the 12th month before Disney my best friend gave to me..." 2) a sticker for her Mickey ears clock that says what the gift that month is 3) the gift of the month.

Example: The 12th month til Disney was - 12 Disney Christmas Cards
The 10th month til Disney is - 10 Disney Dollars
The 9th month til Disney is - 9 Nights at the Beach Club
The 2nd month til Disney is - 2 tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party etc. etc. etc. each month until departure . Some months are gifts and other months are information about the trip. She gets excited each month to see what is coming because not knowing the details is part of the surprise.

Along with planning and executing the above I am now planning the fine details.

Now the fun starts I made a template itinerary that i use to plan my days this time 8 full days & 2 1/2 days

Without children & their dining preferences we can experiment with different restaurants in the world showcase like Le Cellier - the Biergarten, Crown & Roses, Brown Derby, Yak & Yeti, The Tusker House and the 50's Prime Time Cafe - Has any one tried these? Any opinions???

We can move to our own pace enjoy Holiday story tellers in each country etc etc. I am also planning to vist ICE at Gaylord Palms (I have never been to it - hope it is good.

I would love to hear planning details of others upcoming trips and also any ideas others have as far as visiting DW during the holidays.
DonnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #27
DonnyD
Earning My Ears

Girls Week Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post
I'm in! I'm planning on going the week after you, staying at POFQ. I'm trying to determine when to start my pre-trippie! I'm a major planner, and then usually when I get there the plans get tossed out the window. But at least the planning helps to pass the time!
I'll be threre too from 3th to 12th - girls only me & my best friend - What's your plans so far. We'll be at the Beach Club
DonnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:50 AM   #28
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
Thanks for the reply Kristen, how pathetic that NO ONE else replied oh well. I will put some more Chicago pics up soon if you really aren't that bored by them. I know you are out of town this weekend and tomorrow is Blake's bday party so I will be busy also but hope to do it by Sunday.
Hi Tracy!
Can't wait to hear more about it! Hope you had a great weekend and that Blakes' birthday was great! How old is he now?

ttys!!
Kristen
Old 02-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #29
DWFan4Life
DIS Veteran

Great PTR coming here Tracy, I just finished reading it. Your kids are awesome.
We are also planning a trip on December but not yet decided if first or second week. Hope we can meet on parks and we can say Hi to your family.

Have a nice day.
DWFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #30
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

Sorry it's been a few days...but I am all caught up. The pictures of Chicago are awesome...I've only been to the airport and that's about it

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Disneyfan71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: