Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2009, 12:14 AM   #151
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Ok, if anyone is still out there I am working on an update now. I am uploading pics from Cole's bday party. My baby is officially 2

Photobucket is being really slow though and I have a lot of pics so it probably won't be until sometime tomorrow. Please be patient with me and I will get it up as soon as I can.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:39 AM   #152
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hey there! Cole is 2!!! They grow so fast huh??
I will check out the pics when I get home!! I cant believe we leave today.

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
my2disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2009, 08:55 AM   #153
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
Ok, if anyone is still out there I am working on an update now. I am uploading pics from Cole's bday party. My baby is officially 2

Photobucket is being really slow though and I have a lot of pics so it probably won't be until sometime tomorrow. Please be patient with me and I will get it up as soon as I can.
Happy (belated) Birthday Coley!

Time flies, doesn't it, Tracy? I can't believe another 6 or so weeks my Cole will be 2, too. Sniff, sniff!! I hope you had a wonderful day and can't wait to see all the pics!!! We'll be here when you have the time!!

Hope you're well otherwise!! ttys!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #154
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hey Tracy,
Thinking of you, hope you're well and that you had a nice Mother's day!!! Anything new?
ttys!!
Kristen
Old 05-12-2009, 11:49 PM   #155
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
Hey there! Cole is 2!!! They grow so fast huh??
I will check out the pics when I get home!! I cant believe we leave today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Happy (belated) Birthday Coley!

Time flies, doesn't it, Tracy? I can't believe another 6 or so weeks my Cole will be 2, too. Sniff, sniff!! I hope you had a wonderful day and can't wait to see all the pics!!! We'll be here when you have the time!!

Hope you're well otherwise!! ttys!
Quote:
Hey Tracy,
Thinking of you, hope you're well and that you had a nice Mother's day!!! Anything new?
ttys!!
Kristen

I know i have been majorly slacking again. I am really sorry. I promise to put the pics of Coley's bday on here. I am starting them now.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
Old 05-13-2009, 12:08 AM   #156
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Let me first apologize for being a bad hostess again. It seems as though life keeps getting in the way of my dis time,lol. Things have been crazy around here as they always are at this time of year. We had to plan and have Cole's bday. We are planning Dylan's bday the 13th of next month, we are doing field trips and all the other end of the year type things at the boys' schools. I will try to get some of Cole's bday pics up now though and will work on the rest soon..I promise.

In case you didn't know, the theme for Cole's bday was 'The Dog'. I wanted to do Cars (since this is his favorite thing in the world right now) but my best friend who's little boy will be 2 next month wanted to do that also and she didn't want them to have the same theme. Soooo, I decided to go with 'The Dog' because he loves dogs so much too. I'm sure he will still be into Cars for next year.

We held it at the park shelter house one block from our house.

The dessert table:

the cake and cupcakes I saw online and had my mom recreate:

some dog bone sugar cookies and puppy chow I made and put into dog bowls to serve. The hershey kisses have stickers on the bottom that say Cole's 2nd birthday with a picture of a dog. (don't mind the red cups..I know they don't match but we had forgot to get them)

the rest of the tables

close up of table

balloon bouqet that was on the dessert table but Cole had to have it

waiting for the fun to begin. Here is where you can tell mommy got carried away and accidentally cut his hair too short. He ended up with a buz cut for his bday,lol...oh well.

random shots of the party

Cole and my best friend's little boy Alex. We accidentally put them in the same jacket this day..makes it even harder to tell them apart from the back,lol.

Blake and my niece Madelyn being silly (and my mom)

Ok, I better go for now. I will return with the blowing out the candles and presents portion.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:32 AM   #157
DisneyFairy66
I love my Bichon Frise, Dixie Mae! Fan of Daisy Duck!

These pictures of coles bday are amazing! Job well done!!! Hes soo adorable and getting soo tall!!!

Those cupcakes look delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!
DisneyFairy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #158
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi Tracy!!
Cole looks SO big now with his buzz cut!!! WOW, he doesn't look like a little boy anymore (well, he does, but you know what I mean....), it's crazy!!!! Looks like a nice party!! Can't wait to see more!!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:43 PM   #159
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFairy66 View Post
These pictures of coles bday are amazing! Job well done!!! Hes soo adorable and getting soo tall!!!

Those cupcakes look delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. I know, he is getting too tall. He is like Dylan that way. Dylan was always in the 95th-100th percentile for height for his age and so is Cole. Then I have Blake who is little bitty,lol.

They were pretty good I hear. I didn't eat any though. It might be weird but neither one of my brothers or I will eat my mom's icing anymore. She used to decorate cakes for a living while we were growing up and so we used to eat a LOT of it. Now we are all sick of it,lol.

Quote:
Hi Tracy!!
Cole looks SO big now with his buzz cut!!! WOW, he doesn't look like a little boy anymore (well, he does, but you know what I mean....), it's crazy!!!! Looks like a nice party!! Can't wait to see more!!!!
I know I really didn't like it at first and I figured out that is why I didn't like it. My friend Krista and I were saying that with that haircut and his height he looks like a little boy who was turning 3, not 2 The girl who cut his hair got it a little crooked this time and I was so tired of it always standing up in the back so I just wanted to trim it some. Unfortunately I was standing above him while I did it and so while it looked great from that angle, I was really bummed when I saw him head on. I do have to say it is growing on me though. It also helps that the 2 little boys who live across the street, who are the same age as him, also got a buz cut.

Anyway, I am working on putting the rest up now.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:17 AM   #160
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Ok, I'm going to try and get the rest of Cole's bday on here finally. Warning: as always I took a lot of photos... I will try to narrow it down some.

It's time for cake!
Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Cole, happy birthday to you!!

blow out the candles

he ended up getting a little drool on the cake while trying to blow out the candles,lol. It was cute though and no one had to eat that side

yummmmm, cupcakes!

licking off the icing

finger licking good

demolishing the cupcake

PRESENT TIME, PRESENT TIME!!

another lightning mcqueen hooded towell

PLUTO!! (remote control) pluto seemed to be his favorite the whole time on our last trip

my friends tigger and pooh shaped crayons I found on disney shopping...so cute!

he kept wandering off to play with whatever he had just opened.

There was more of course but I don't want to bore you too much.

Then it was time for the BIG present from Mommy and Daddy. Each of the boys got a big present for their birthdays this year. Jerry was working on a pipeline last fall and making quite a bit so we wanted to spoil them once. This was huge to them because normally they would never get anything this big even for christmas. Anyway, Dylan and Blake both got Nentendo DS's and Cole got.....

just look at that face, he was so excited... I didn't capture it very well unfortunately though.

A POWER WHEEL!

Blake showing him how it works ( we always wished we could've had one of these for the older boys but we just couldn't afford it, fortunately for Blake he is still small enough to fit in this one.)

Cole and Alex cruisin'

Cole and grandpa (my dad) playing with his new remote control car

something he got with some of his bday money

needless to say, he had a great birthday and was a very spoiled little boy.

It is still soo cute though to see how happy he is every time he gets in his power wheel. He also loves for Blake to drive him when we go on our walks (because he figured out the gas and changing gears right away but not the stearing yet,lol)

Sorry that was so long. I will post an update on the trip soon I hope. Thanks to those who have stuck with me.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:43 AM   #161
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

What a GREAT party!!! Cole looks like he had an awesome time!!! And what cool presents...I was checking out the fold n'go garage.....hmm, what kind is it? Where can I get one for my Cole? And woohoo about the Power wheels, so cool, he's stylin' now!!!!! That's awesome that you guys could put away and save for a big gift for each boy!!!! Still can't believe he's 2 though....that means mine is almost 2, too!!!!

Hope you're well!!!!
Old 05-14-2009, 07:51 AM   #162
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What a GREAT party!!! Cole looks like he had an awesome time!!! And what cool presents...I was checking out the fold n'go garage.....hmm, what kind is it? Where can I get one for my Cole? And woohoo about the Power wheels, so cool, he's stylin' now!!!!! That's awesome that you guys could put away and save for a big gift for each boy!!!! Still can't believe he's 2 though....that means mine is almost 2, too!!!!

Hope you're well!!!!
He did have a wonderful time and got a lot of neat presents. The fold n'go garage is from Tonka. It goes with those mini wheel pals. I'm not sure if you are familiar with them or not but they have them at Walmart, Kmart and Target to name a few. There are big ones and mini ones. Cole has a lot of each. I love them and so does he. Unfortunately he hasn't really played with the garage yet. My brother and his wife got it for him. I am hoping that as he gets a little bit older he will be more interested in it.

All is well here, just busy. How are things for you? I'm sure you are busy too. Any plans for your Coley's bday yet? It is crazy that my baby is 2 I always forget about it until someone asks how old he is, it is so sad to say he is 2.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:55 PM   #163
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

WOW! What a great party! I have been thinking a "cars and trucks" theme for Henry's 2nd b-day too, but dogs are a close second. I love the colors and the cupcakes and cake are amazing.

I can't believe how big Cole is. I remember those sweet rolls from your last TR, and now he's a little boy! Same thing with my Henry though.

Sigh.

No prob on the advice I gave earlier - I hope it helps! Sunshine Seasons has lots of American choices - the chicken I've read is REALLY good.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:05 AM   #164
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
WOW! What a great party! I have been thinking a "cars and trucks" theme for Henry's 2nd b-day too, but dogs are a close second. I love the colors and the cupcakes and cake are amazing.

I can't believe how big Cole is. I remember those sweet rolls from your last TR, and now he's a little boy! Same thing with my Henry though.

Sigh.

No prob on the advice I gave earlier - I hope it helps! Sunshine Seasons has lots of American choices - the chicken I've read is REALLY good.
Thanks, I also LOVE the colors. That was one of the selling points to me. Boys and Cars go hand in hand.

I know, I can't believe how big he is either. I don't know what happened to my little butterball

I will have to check out the chicken at Sunshine Seasons.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #165
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to throw in a little side note

Looks like next year we will be taking a 2 week road trip for vacation. We will be driving out to visit friends in Las Vegas. We will stop to visit family in Az for a day or two on the way and see the Grand Canyon and such. Then, while in Vegas we will head over to Calif. for a day or so and check out Disneyland one day and Legoland, etc.! It's not Disney World but I'm thrilled because according to my hubby we aren't doing disney every year so this will be my way of sneaking it in!

Anyone ever been to Disneyland??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: