Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2009, 03:30 PM   #136
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Tracy, WOW, you put a lot of time into this. It looks GREAT!! Make sure you get an earlier time for Coral Reef for dinner, remember my fiasco last trip? It was a nightmare!! You're going to LOVE Chef Mickeys (and so will the boys!), you made some great choices!!!!

Can you tell me about the GF photo shoot? How much does it cost? When do you make ressies? Maybe that would be a nice gift to Mom while we're there in September? Any thoughts? Thanks!!
Kristen,

I am a picture NUT so I always think pictures are a good idea,lol. I am going to call today and try and get the prices because they have gone up considerably from what I hear so I want to get it straight. I'll let you know.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935

Last edited by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom; 04-23-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:47 PM   #137
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Your ADRs look really great! Your kids will love Chef Mickey's - it's really fun!!! So many things for the first time, I bet you are just PUMPED!

We did NOT enjoy the Electric Umbrella. It wasn't bad, but there are some awesome choices in Epcot, so I felt like it was such a waste to eat here. The American Pavillion also has burgers and fries, which I've heard are much better. Sunshine Seasons (located in The Land, near Soarin') gets really great reviews and has a lot of options.

The one perk of Electric Umbrella is free refills!

EMH does make the park noticably busier. I cannot recall-do you have Hoppers? You could take advantage of the EMH only during the EMH time and then hop to a different park without EMH.

If you don't have hoppers, I would probably say avoid MK on EMH and nights with Spectro, and avoid DHS on nights with Fantasmic, those things truly make the park much busier. Unless of course these are "must do's" on your list, then they are worth fighting the crowds for!

If you have AK EMH, take advantage. That park is really neat in the dark, and if you are into thrill rides (I can't recall, sorry!) EE at night is INTENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #138
bentleygirl22
disney queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
Ok, I FINALLY think I have to whole dining thing figured out. It took me a LOT of time, research, scheduling to try and figure this out so I hope it is good and worth the effort. I won't know for definate of course until they release the park hours and such. Hopefully I don't have to change too much.

Here it is thus far:

Sunday, Sept. 27th~arrive in Orlando around 5 or 6 p.m. Check in, grab a bite to eat and unpack. Baths and bed at a good time to be ready to start our journey in the morning.supper OOP

Monday, Sept. 28th~Magic Kingdom day (I don't think you can start a disney vacation without seeing the castle first).
Crystal Palace for the character breakfast(first time)
Cosmic Rays for lunch
Pecos Bills for supper(first time)

Tuesday, Sept. 29th~ Have a smaller breakfast in our room of muffins/donuts/juice, etc. Dylan and Blake will do their pirate cruise (surprise) at 9:30 from our resort. Jerry and I (and Cole) will get ready and pack van for the beach while they are gone.
breakfast will be misc. at our resort that we have brought i.e donuts, cereal,etc
we will grab lunch OOP at a drive thru on the way to the beach
clean up and head to Planet Hollywood for supper (first time)

Wednesday, Sept.3~ Animal Kingdom. We probably won't stay here the whole day. Possibly tour some of the other resorts in the afternoon since we never have.
breakfast of misc. at resort
Flame Tree BBQ for lunch (first time)
The Wave for supper (first time)

Thursday, Oct. 1st~Disney Hollywood Studios day (our first time)
breakfast of misc. at resot
Pizza Planet for lunch (first time)
Sci Fi for supper (first time)

Friday, Oct. 2nd~Epcot day (our first time)
Cape May Cafe character breakfast (first time)
Electric Umbrella for lunch(first time)
Coral Reef for supper (first time)

Saturday, Oct.3rd~ Blizzard Beach day (weather permitting)
Ohana character breakfast (first time)
Avalunch for lunch (first time)
clean up and head to Planet Hollywood for supper

Sunday, Oct.4th~ probably Epcot again
Electric Umbrella ? for lunch
head to Chef Mickey's for supper (first time)

Monday, Oct.5th~ DHS again (GF photo shoot in a.m.)
Backlot Express for lunch (first time)
50's Prime Time Cafe ? for supper (first time)

Tuesday, Oct. 6th~Downtown Disney for first part of the day. Then we will head back to MK around 4:00 for MNSSHP to finish off our last night in disney
T Rex restaurant OOP for lunch (first time)
Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bills for supper

Ok, this is what I have planned at least until they come out with park hours then some days might get switched around.

Did I make good choices? I'd love to hear any opinions.Thanks
It looks great ...
To many Disney Trips to name them all. Here's a few of our Favorites!! ENJOY! 2000-2006 & 2012- now lived in Orlando! weekly vists Sept 2007 video = PoP Century 10 days Free Dining Trip report HereSept 2008= PoP Century 11 days Video Free Dining Trip report here Sept 2009= PoP Century 14 days video Free Dining Trip report here Dec 2009 All Star Sports 5 days video photosPart 1 Part 2 May 2010= Wilderness Lodge,8 day photos Days 1&2 Days 2,3 &4 Days 4&5 day 5 Days 6, 7 & 8Sept 2010[/B]= PoP Century 4-12 photos Days 1-8& photopass March 20 2011 port Orleans May 21 -29 2011 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Video Sept 11-19 2011 POP Video march 16-18,2012 Caribbean Beach Resort May11 2012 Beach club May 14, 2012 Disney Cruise on The Magic Sept 2012 not sure yet [COLOR="red"]
bentleygirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #139
bentleygirl22
disney queen

Cosmic Rays & Pecos Bills are great!!! those are our favorite CS
Monday is the best day to start the morning at MK because sunday is the Emh at MK so it will not get busy till after 12pm there, so get there at rope drop and enjoy the empty park..

Quote:
Ok, I FINALLY think I have to whole dining thing figured out. It took me a LOT of time, research, scheduling to try and figure this out so I hope it is good and worth the effort. I won't know for definate of course until they release the park hours and such. Hopefully I don't have to change too much.

Here it is thus far:

Sunday, Sept. 27th~arrive in Orlando around 5 or 6 p.m. Check in, grab a bite to eat and unpack. Baths and bed at a good time to be ready to start our journey in the morning.supper OOP

Monday, Sept. 28th~Magic Kingdom day (I don't think you can start a disney vacation without seeing the castle first).
Crystal Palace for the character breakfast(first time)
Cosmic Rays for lunch
Pecos Bills for supper(first time)

Tuesday, Sept. 29th~ Have a smaller breakfast in our room of muffins/donuts/juice, etc. Dylan and Blake will do their pirate cruise (surprise) at 9:30 from our resort. Jerry and I (and Cole) will get ready and pack van for the beach while they are gone.
breakfast will be misc. at our resort that we have brought i.e donuts, cereal,etc
we will grab lunch OOP at a drive thru on the way to the beach
clean up and head to Planet Hollywood for supper (first time)

Wednesday, Sept.3~ Animal Kingdom. We probably won't stay here the whole day. Possibly tour some of the other resorts in the afternoon since we never have.
Flame Tree BBQ for lunch (first time)
The Wave for supper (first time)

Thursday, Oct. 1st~Disney Hollywood Studios day (our first time)
breakfast of misc. at resot
Pizza Planet for lunch (first time)
Sci Fi for supper (first time)

Friday, Oct. 2nd~Epcot day (our first time)
Cape May Cafe character breakfast (first time)
Electric Umbrella for lunch(first time)
Coral Reef for supper (first time)

Saturday, Oct.3rd~ Blizzard Beach day (weather permitting)
Ohana character breakfast (first time)
Avalunch for lunch (first time)
clean up and head to Planet Hollywood for supper

Sunday, Oct.4th~ probably Epcot again
Electric Umbrella ? for lunch
head to Chef Mickey's for supper (first time)

Monday, Oct.5th~ DHS again (GF photo shoot in a.m.)
Backlot Express for lunch (first time)
50's Prime Time Cafe ? for supper (first time)

Tuesday, Oct. 6th~Downtown Disney for first part of the day. Then we will head back to MK around 4:00 for MNSSHP to finish off our last night in disney
T Rex restaurant OOP for lunch (first time)
Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bills for supper

Ok, this is what I have planned at least until they come out with park hours then some days might get switched around.

Did I make good choices? I'd love to hear any opinions.Thanks
To many Disney Trips to name them all. Here's a few of our Favorites!! ENJOY! 2000-2006 & 2012- now lived in Orlando! weekly vists Sept 2007 video = PoP Century 10 days Free Dining Trip report HereSept 2008= PoP Century 11 days Video Free Dining Trip report here Sept 2009= PoP Century 14 days video Free Dining Trip report here Dec 2009 All Star Sports 5 days video photosPart 1 Part 2 May 2010= Wilderness Lodge,8 day photos Days 1&2 Days 2,3 &4 Days 4&5 day 5 Days 6, 7 & 8Sept 2010[/B]= PoP Century 4-12 photos Days 1-8& photopass March 20 2011 port Orleans May 21 -29 2011 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Video Sept 11-19 2011 POP Video march 16-18,2012 Caribbean Beach Resort May11 2012 Beach club May 14, 2012 Disney Cruise on The Magic Sept 2012 not sure yet [COLOR="red"]
bentleygirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #140
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Kristen,

I am a picture NUT so I always think pictures are a good idea,lol. I am going to call today and try and get the prices because they have gone up considerably from what I hear so I want to get it straight. I'll let you know.
Thanks Tracy, I appreciate it. Is it included in the photopass if you prebuy? Any idea how far in advance you need to book? Thinking this may be a nice option for my Mom's birthday as another surprise, you know? Hope you're well!!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:42 PM   #141
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Tracy, I appreciate it. Is it included in the photopass if you prebuy? Any idea how far in advance you need to book? Thinking this may be a nice option for my Mom's birthday as another surprise, you know? Hope you're well!!
You make ressies 1 month in advance. I think the photos get put on your cd, but the shoot is another $74.99. Someone correct me if I am wrong. We pre-ordered when they were still doing the photo session for $25

bertegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:28 AM   #142
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Your ADRs look really great! Your kids will love Chef Mickey's - it's really fun!!! So many things for the first time, I bet you are just PUMPED!

We did NOT enjoy the Electric Umbrella. It wasn't bad, but there are some awesome choices in Epcot, so I felt like it was such a waste to eat here. The American Pavillion also has burgers and fries, which I've heard are much better. Sunshine Seasons (located in The Land, near Soarin') gets really great reviews and has a lot of options.

The one perk of Electric Umbrella is free refills!

EMH does make the park noticably busier. I cannot recall-do you have Hoppers? You could take advantage of the EMH only during the EMH time and then hop to a different park without EMH.

If you don't have hoppers, I would probably say avoid MK on EMH and nights with Spectro, and avoid DHS on nights with Fantasmic, those things truly make the park much busier. Unless of course these are "must do's" on your list, then they are worth fighting the crowds for!

If you have AK EMH, take advantage. That park is really neat in the dark, and if you are into thrill rides (I can't recall, sorry!) EE at night is INTENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for all of the great advice. I am very pumped about all of the new things we are doing this trip it makes the trip even more special.

I will definately take note of what you said about Electric Umbrella. The only reason we were thinking of going there is because it had the american choices and we have never been to this park so we don't know much about it. We will try the American Pavillion and Sunshine Seasons.

We do not have the park hopper option. I think we will probably avoid the EMH days I was just hoping since it was the slower time of year it wouldn't matter as much. We can do without seeing spectro again so that's not a big deal. We do however have Fantasmic on our 'must see' list. Since we are going to this park on 2 different days though we should have plenty of time to see what we want.

AK is actually the only park we don't even plan on spending a whole day at. We have been there before and stayed the whole day so we have seen it at night before. It is a neat park but it just doesn't interest us as much. We do love EE though and we want to do the safari again as well as all things dinosaur so that is why we are going back. Thanks again for the tips. I REALLY appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleygirl22 View Post
Cosmic Rays & Pecos Bills are great!!! those are our favorite CS
Monday is the best day to start the morning at MK because sunday is the Emh at MK so it will not get busy till after 12pm there, so get there at rope drop and enjoy the empty park..
We have eaten at Cosmic Rays the last couple of times we've been to MK so we know we enjoy their food. It looked like Pecos Bill's would be good also so we figured we'd give it a try. I'm very glad to hear that you think highly of it.

Thanks for the advice about MK. It's good to know that Monday is a good day for that park. We can't wait to see the park empty after our breakfast at CP.

Quote:
as bertegirl said I have found out that they have tripled the price of the shoot. Why they have increased it by 300% is beyond me. I do still believe we will do it though because I am such a nut about pictures and we always need family shots. What a beautiful place to get them taken at. I am calling tomorrow to find out all I can about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertegirl View Post
You make ressies 1 month in advance. I think the photos get put on your cd, but the shoot is another $74.99. Someone correct me if I am wrong. We pre-ordered when they were still doing the photo session for $25
Thanks for that info. I have been busy checking into it. I'm calling again tomorrow to learn some more. I can't believe they increased the cost by so much. That just seems crazy. I wish we could've gotten it done when it was the $25 still.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
Old 04-27-2009, 09:43 AM   #143
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for all of the great advice. I am very pumped about all of the new things we are doing this trip it makes the trip even more special.

Thanks for that info. I have been busy checking into it. I'm calling again tomorrow to learn some more. I can't believe they increased the cost by so much. That just seems crazy. I wish we could've gotten it done when it was the $25 still.
I was told that the photo shoot was 99.00! I have it booked for at 5:30 at the GF before our ressies at 6:30 at narcoosees but I keep debating on if we are going to do it or not. I think I will wait until that day to see how the kids are. They may just NOT be in the mood to have their picture after their first full day in the park!

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
my2disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #144
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
I was told that the photo shoot was 99.00! I have it booked for at 5:30 at the GF before our ressies at 6:30 at narcoosees but I keep debating on if we are going to do it or not. I think I will wait until that day to see how the kids are. They may just NOT be in the mood to have their picture after their first full day in the park!
I think it is $99 if you haven't preordered the photopass cd and $75 if you have.

That is a good idea, you never know with little ones. I'm crossing my fingers that Cole will cooperate for it. Right now he will take a picture if Jerry or I are holding him but he's not about to let us set him down and then stay for a pic. I am hoping this changes by then because I really want some of just the boys and some single ones of them.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #145
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think it is $99 if you haven't preordered the photopass cd and $75 if you have.

That is a good idea, you never know with little ones. I'm crossing my fingers that Cole will cooperate for it. Right now he will take a picture if Jerry or I are holding him but he's not about to let us set him down and then stay for a pic. I am hoping this changes by then because I really want some of just the boys and some single ones of them.
I hear you! We went to the picture people and I got the boys up and dressed for a 9:00 appointment (Which was a feat in itself) and I plop them down for their picture and Owen took one look at the photographer and started screaming. He was done... there was NO way she was getting a picture of him. So we left. No xmas picture for us. LOL

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
Old 04-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #146
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
I hear you! We went to the picture people and I got the boys up and dressed for a 9:00 appointment (Which was a feat in itself) and I plop them down for their picture and Owen took one look at the photographer and started screaming. He was done... there was NO way she was getting a picture of him. So we left. No xmas picture for us. LOL

lol, that sounds like our most recent experience. I was trying to get the boys' picture done in the vintage style, where they provide the clothes and props..I love those photos. We had gotten one done about a year ago and it is my favorite of the 3 of them. Anyway, we went to do it this time and they were all in a good mood...until I set Cole down and he saw the photographer. He cried and ran to me or clung to me with a death grip every time I tried. I attempted it a couple of times and then realized it was NOT going to happen. I am making an appt. to get his 2 year pics done some time this week. I am desperately hoping he will cooperate for at least 1 or 2 shots but not holding my breath,lol.

p.s. would you mind shooting me your address (in a pm) so I can at least send you a thank you card for the kleenex's? I haven't got them yet but I can't wait. I told Jerry I was getting kleenex packs sent to me by a friend on the dis and you should've seen the crazy look I got. He just doesn't understand the world of the 'dis'. Oh well.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:06 PM   #147
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
lol, that sounds like our most recent experience. I was trying to get the boys' picture done in the vintage style, where they provide the clothes and props..I love those photos. We had gotten one done about a year ago and it is my favorite of the 3 of them. Anyway, we went to do it this time and they were all in a good mood...until I set Cole down and he saw the photographer. He cried and ran to me or clung to me with a death grip every time I tried. I attempted it a couple of times and then realized it was NOT going to happen. I am making an appt. to get his 2 year pics done some time this week. I am desperately hoping he will cooperate for at least 1 or 2 shots but not holding my breath,lol.

p.s. would you mind shooting me your address (in a pm) so I can at least send you a thank you card for the kleenex's? I haven't got them yet but I can't wait. I told Jerry I was getting kleenex packs sent to me by a friend on the dis and you should've seen the crazy look I got. He just doesn't understand the world of the 'dis'. Oh well.
I think Cole will be good for his 2 year photo's. I remember with Myles he did the same thing when he was 1 1/2- I actually have the picture because it was a big picture with all the cousins and Myles is balling his eyes out- its kind of cute though. With Owen I just decided to leave... the lady kept putting the feather duster thing in his face and he was not having it!

I just got a package in the mail today from the package of kleenex I sent to Wendy and it said "no contents- return to sender" Somehow the package opened in the mail and the cars Kleenex's are somewhere between here and where Wendy lives!! I hope yours make it to you ok. let me know- and no thank you card is needed at all!!! You are very welcome.

My husband is pretty great with this stuff and even he gave me when I said I was sending them out!

Old 04-28-2009, 03:00 PM   #148
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi Tracy..been having computer issues here....just popping by to say hi!! Hope you're well!!! How's the planning going and how are those precious boys of yours? Hope you're well!!
Old 05-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #149
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Old 05-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #150
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Tracy- the boys got their package today. You are so sweet. Thank you SO much

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: